Unanswered Do you take anything special to help you boost immune system during winter or flu season?

Rishy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,
I would like to know guysif you have a go to supplements or foods to help you be less vulnerable to sickness when the flu is hitting around.

Can this offer some help?
Orange triad for the micros and Echinacea , also for the boost in joints support.
1g of vit C post workout
a dose of ZMA for additional Zinc and magnesuim 5 days per week
Intra workout drink of EAAs and glutamine + Carbs

Since Orange triad has a 5000 IU of Vit D, I think there is no need to take more.

Quality Sleep + Good Functionning Immune system + Good Nutrition + Progressive Overload = uncomprimised rate of gains.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes I take Epicor! It’s a trademarked ingredient, also if I start to feel any sign of a cold or illness I start chugging sambucus. Never noticed a difference with multivitamins or echinacea.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Astralagus Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Colloidal Silver, Raw Garlic, Lugol's Iodine.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel that intermittent fasting has had a huge impact on my immune system. For the years I’ve been doing it I very rarely get sick at all, once a year tops despite some unhealthy lifestyle choices throughout my 20s. As a kid/teen I was sick all the damn time

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2nd on the Epicor.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take Multi Greens/veggies formula and also ginger tea with honey as a preventive.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vit D
Gut Health
Zicam swabs If I feel anything out of normal

Will look into Epicor

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gut Health helped me stay pretty healthy last cold season and I have 2 very germy kids :)

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am currently fighting off a URI for the last few days..

I am taking..

Black Elderberry Syrup
Quantum Health Super Lysine - contains garlic bulb, echinacea, and obviously L-Lysine
Iron Legion Invictus- went up to full dose upon onset of symptoms (was already 1/2 dosing)

I have done Epicor in the past as well, and I should probably have more of that on hand!

Despite all that, make sure to eat some high antioxidant fruits daily! Apples, berries, grapes, mangos, peaches, oranges, etc..

I had 5 or 6 colds last year (a record for me). My roommate hasn’t had a cold in the 2 years that I have known her and she doesn’t take ANY supplements. She eats fruit like it’s going out of style though...multiple servings every day. Especially mangos and peaches!

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About a year ago I started to take NAC 1200mg/ed and I've not have a flu or any serious cold for a year even though the rest of the family has been sick.
I don't know if it's a coincidence but I'am happy as long I keep the flu out of my life.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am currently fighting off a URI for the last few days..

I am taking..

Black Elderberry Syrup
Quantum Health Super Lysine - contains garlic bulb, echinacea, and obviously L-Lysine
Iron Legion Invictus- went up to full dose upon onset of symptoms (was already 1/2 dosing)

I have done Epicor in the past as well, and I should probably have more of that on hand!

Despite all that, make sure to eat some high antioxidant fruits daily! Apples, berries, grapes, mangos, peaches, oranges, etc..

I had 5 or 6 colds last year (a record for me). My roommate hasn’t had a cold in the 2 years that I have known her and she doesn’t take ANY supplements. She eats fruit like it’s going out of style though...multiple servings every day. Especially mangos and peaches!
lots of research on bAET theingredient in Invictus and it's affects on immune system.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kratom has kept me illness free for years. Not even a sniffle.

nebneb

Awards
Ashwaghanda is my go to supplement all year round but I feel during the winter it sits in the background boosting my immune system a treat.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nootropics Depot’s sister company Natrium Health just released a very comprehensive immunity product called Immune Defense. It looks really good, but expensive.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Six servings of fruit a day and 6 servings if veges should treat you right.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vit c
l glutamine
probiotic

does kratom work for this?

does cannabis work for this?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
vit c
l glutamine
probiotic

Have read that Kratom does. Haven’t been sick since I start s using it so maybe it’s true. I use it about two to three times a week on average so I don’t think it needs to be dosed daily to see benefits.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nootropics Depot’s sister company Natrium Health just released a very comprehensive immunity product called Immune Defense. It looks really good, but expensive.
That does look good! Nice find.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Vitamin C 1 gram, elderberry, black seed oil, plenty of zinc, magnesium, D3, B vitamins. Good to go. The elderberry has the most pronounced effect I’ve ever noticed. Got sick and started taking that. Within a day I felt so much better. Now I take it daily

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I recently started using glutathione(injectable). Probiotics, vitamin c, etc never made a consistent difference for me. Interested to see if this does better.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
vit c
l glutamine
probiotic

As far as I have seen cannabis does not work for this area. It can aid in inflammation but nothing I have seen for keeping your immune system up.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes I take Epicor! It’s a trademarked ingredient, also if I start to feel any sign of a cold or illness I start chugging sambucus. Never noticed a difference with multivitamins or echinacea.
How do you use Epicor ? everyday, only seasonal, when you begin to feel ill...

I tried using colostrum and by coincidence it was during the winter time and I didn't catch or become ill that year.

latinmuscle

latinmuscle

Awards
Mushrooms like Turkey Tail, Reishi are beta glucans prebiotics would probably boost immunity more than anything else.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know some use it for join support but another potential ingredient is Paractin which has shown benefits for decreasing symptoms of sickness at higher dose (300mg) and decreased risk with extended use (50mg).

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Apart from what is mentioned above:

Good night’s sleep
Frequent hand washing (sanitizer too)
Ensuring your home/room has right humidity...adding humidifier and maintaining if not

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nutriferon and vitamin d3

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Apart from what is mentioned above:

Good night’s sleep
Frequent hand washing (sanitizer too)
Ensuring your home/room has right humidity...adding humidifier and maintaining if not
There is issues with over sanitization as well though. Immunity is also boosted through exposure to disease, and being too pedantic will decrease exposure, and therefore lower your immune response.

I'd keep hand washing to the obvious times. Like after the toilet, before prepping meals/ eating, or being in areas where sanitation is required (hospitals, vet clinics etc).

As for supplements our new immunity support product is definitely worth picking up for that extra boost.

Also getting vaxxed for various flu strains is a good idea. It won't protect you from all strains, but helps protect against the more common ones around that year. As strains do mutate, you should be getting vaxxed annually. Especially important if you are in contact with vulnerable people, I.e elderly, young children, immuno compromised

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My family is a huge believer in Elderberry. Like someone else mentioned, if you feel like you're fighting something, drink a shot of that & you feel better the next day.
Our kids hate it, but they're not coming home from school sick or with runny noses either.

KACHING

Awards
LDN or "Low Dose Naltrexone" - Increases immune system by endorphins. They use it for auto-immune diseases and you can buy it online very easily

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Probiotics

/thread

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My family is a huge believer in Elderberry. Like someone else mentioned, if you feel like you're fighting something, drink a shot of that & you feel better the next day.
Our kids hate it, but they're not coming home from school sick or with runny noses either.
Yep, my wife is the elderberry nazi in the house, always makes the kids take it before school in the morning. They always complain, but are always the only kids not missing school because of illness so there is something there. Good hygiene as well, as much as school aged kids can have with all the other kids.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lugol's Iodine following a dosage chart for your ailment tops any and all of these things. (these things are good too, though)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I see a lot of people talking about Elderberry and other things in the thread that are in our Immune Support XT product:
https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/sns-immune-support-xt-premium-immune-system-support.314395/#post-6314751

You can get it from a variety of online retailers or direct at:
https://seriousnutritionsolutions.com/product/immune-support-xt-120-veg-caps/
(from now until Jan 4th, use code newyears30 for 30% off which makes the cost per bottle be 17.49 each!)

Immune SupportXT BANNER.png

I am also a fan of probiotics like others are mentioning in the thread.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
-2-3g vitamin c, or several servings of citrus fruit daily (food works better I’ve found)
-100mg daily zinc
-As much freshly brewed green tea as you can drink, or Jarrow’s Green Tea Extract if you won’t drink it and can spare the 40mg caffeine
-Astragalus at 2-20g daily
-D3 at 10,000iu isn’t a bad idea

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
-2-3g vitamin c, or several servings of citrus fruit daily (food works better I’ve found)
-100mg daily zinc
-As much freshly brewed green tea as you can drink, or Jarrow’s Green Tea Extract if you won’t drink it and can spare the 40mg caffeine
-Astragalus at 2-20g daily
-D3 at 10,000iu isn’t a bad idea

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
for me Invictus and gut health

I should add in some vitamin C too.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cold-eeze now has Elderberry. Im sure there are more cost effect options out there though. I probably should compare it with other options. But it is nice as a throat lozenge too.
2019-12-31%2012.50.40.jpeg
1577814834699.jpeg