Do you regret it?

irone93

irone93

Awards
  • Established
Question; does anyone here regret taking gear. It’s a big leap, and insight is appreciated

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I never regretted any of the stuff I took. I made the decision to do it after carefully weighing what it would do to me.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not for one moment. I regret things I DID while taking gear. Getting an infection, buying bad ****, quitting bodybuilding, etc.

But when it’s good brother it’s so great. I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
I'm very happy with my choices. Love the day of a new cycle 😁😁😁😁

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I regret not being smart about my early cycles. Now that I know what I am doing, I know it can be done safely, with maximum results, and few sides.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I regret taking gear on and off between the ages of 18 and 21. Absolutely. I shut my self down to get strong, a lot bigger, and then end losing 30 pounds (on and off).

DaveyCrockett

DaveyCrockett

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Regret going apesh*t with a gram of test/tren a week for 2.5 months. That plus the caber sending me into sex fiend mode almost ruined my life.

I do not regret finding gear. Run at reasonable doses, the confidence boost has changed my life.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like anything in life, harm reduction, research and preparation will reduce complications. I had a natural test of 800+ until I was 35 because I did a little research prior to my late 20s cycles. I think I was almost too cautious because now at 40, I have some pretty good looking labs and I know when to stop or slow down.
So pretty much no regret at all at this point. However, it’s just a matter of time before I start doing damage that will shorten my life. The heart, no matter what anyone says, doesn’t like long term aas use. I feel like if I were smart, I’d get to my goal on the next 2 years and then drop down to a TRT dose and stay there for good.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I regret taking gear when I was still too fat and untrained. The sides outweighed any gains.
Lesson learned: Lower your BF% first and get in shape, then jump on gear.
I also regret not having used proviron with every cycle. Its like lube for anal sex.

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Regret going apesh*t with a gram of test/tren a week for 2.5 months. That plus the caber sending me into sex fiend mode almost ruined my life.

I do not regret finding gear. Run at reasonable doses, the confidence boost has changed my life.
Sounds like fun. :)

irishiron300

irishiron300

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope never, no regrets here.

Frankly, knowing what I know now I prob would of ran more...but smarter cycles if that makes any sense

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quite a combo huh?
Preparing for a run this winter, but I'm expecting it will be! For some reason I've been scared of using real GH/slin in the past. But after 10yrs experience, I'm more than prepared for it.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Starting TRT at 22, yes and no. I both regret it and I don’t. I wish I had planned better and researched better, and listened more to others and my body but I also knew the risks going in to it as well so I’m not upset by it.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TRT wise, I started at 30. Felt I should’ve researched and started even younger. Never regretted starting it at all but I regret using HCG in the beginning as it caused miserable cystic acne which, once controlled with acutane, took years for the scars to fade. I eventually covered my whole back with ink though...and I also don’t use HCG now, gave up after a year or two of use. E2 and acne sides were terrible.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
I waited until I was 40, and a few years of research. A divorce is what tipped me over the edge! Now I’m 42 and in better shape and having the time of my life and getting ass and living my 20’s (which I didn’t get to do because teenage dad) and feel amazing! So no, I don’t regret it one bit

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I waited until I was 40, and a few years of research. A divorce is what tipped me over the edge! Now I’m 42 and in better shape and having the time of my life and getting ass and living my 20’s (which I didn’t get to do because teenage dad) and feel amazing! So no, I don’t regret it one bit
I agree with this. Cycled heavily from 30-35 and jumped on for good 35, and I don’t regret how I feel and look at 40, and can easily keep up with a early 30s freak. Love it.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Started cycling in my early 20's. Took a couple years off and cycled again...started trt about 1 year ago. No regrets so far. I'm constantly surprised with how awesome I feel. Dealing with stress, sleep quality, sack time, ability to keep up with my kids, etc. Takes a bit to get everything dialed in but its incredible once you do. I wish more docs were up to date on this subject - a lot more men could change their lives for the better.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Started cycling in my early 20's. Took a couple years off and cycled again...started trt about 1 year ago. No regrets so far. I'm constantly surprised with how awesome I feel. Dealing with stress, sleep quality, sack time, ability to keep up with my kids, etc. Takes a bit to get everything dialed in but its incredible once you do. I wish more docs were up to date on this subject - a lot more men could change their lives for the better.
Nope! I lived before my anabolic career. Lots of women, partying and traveling the world, on my own dime no less. Oh and lots and lots of DRUGS!! I ran my first cycle when i was 39 years old. I have no regrets about being on trt at 47 years old.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nope! I lived before my anabolic career. Lots of women, partying and traveling the world, on my own dime no less. Oh and lots and lots of DRUGS!! I ran my first cycle when i was 39 years old. I have no regrets about being on trt at 47 years old.
I hear ya brother! I used early bc of college athletics and then took years off to have some back surgeries and what you just said...party and drugs! Lol...not the traveling thing bc the drugs cost way too much $$. If that profile pic is you at 47 I think you've pretty much got it down!

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I hear ya brother! I used early bc of college athletics and then took years off to have some back surgeries and what you just said...party and drugs! Lol...not the traveling thing bc the drugs cost way too much $$. If that profile pic is you at 47 I think you've pretty much got it down!
I hope your back is treating you better these days. Yeah that’s me brother. I’ve got a log going if your interested?

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Link your log bro.
You mean here? Copy/paste

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You mean here? Copy/paste
Awesome....title looks intriguing! Thanks

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I regret wasting time on **** cycles.
I fell in love bc there wasn’t Andros and Sarms. There was just 1-AD, SD and epistane. Went right to the good stuff and it was easy to quickly move on to test and other good injectables...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I fell in love bc there wasn’t Andros and Sarms. There was just 1-AD, SD and epistane. Went right to the good stuff and it was easy to quickly move on to test and other good injectables...
My first cycle was test and Masteron, good cycle, got gains I kept. But after that I wasted time on bs I shouldn’t have, luckily I found SD so now I can straighten out even the worst cycle ;)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Guess I’m alone in this. I regret gear in that indulging in my narcissism wasn’t the best option. I don’t know what kind of damage I’ve done, but as far as I can tell, none permanent. Still, was it worth it? No. Been clean several years now and love it. I’m not as big or strong as I used to be, but I want to do as much as I possibly can and live as long as I can independently to see my kids live as adults themselves. Is potentially taking a few years off my life worth looking better now? Absolutely not. My family is worth more than my vanity.

Last edited:
irone93

irone93

Awards
  • Established
Guess I’m alone in this. I regret gear in that indulging in my narcissism wasn’t the best option. I don’t know what kind of damage I’ve done, but as far as I can tell, none permanent. Still, was it worth it? No. Been clean several years now and live it. I’m not as big or strong as I used to be, but I want to do as much as I possibly can and live as long as I can independently to see my kids live as adults themselves. Is potentially taking a few years off my life worth looking better now? Absolutely not. My family is worth more than my vanity.
Interesting man, did you manage to keep any of your gains?

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I did not regret taking gear way back when. What I regret was being open and honest, and telling my wife.
So, my advice to anybody is to keep your mouth shut. People who you thought were your friends or people who you thought you could confide in can flip and turn on you in a heartbeat. I even had a vindictive family member try and get me in trouble with the police when I was taking test cyp for HRT as prescribed by my doctor.
-TT

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I did not regret taking gear way back when. What I regret was being open and honest, and telling my wife.
So, my advice to anybody is to keep your mouth shut. People who you thought were your friends or people who you thought you could confide in can flip and turn on you in a heartbeat. I even had a vindictive family member try and get me in trouble with the police when I was taking test cyp for HRT as prescribed by my doctor.
-TT
I havent had the bad luck of coming across this in my life....but I've been preaching that word as much as I can. Sorry to hear you got caught on the sh!t end of that stick brother

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
-TT
I didn't tell my wife, but I did tell the consultant when asked directly before some surgery.
And he (obviously) told my doctor in a letter, a copy of which my wife opened....

Made for a interesting few days!

Luckily I'm in the UK, steroids for personal use are legal here.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I wonder why would people turn on you/us for using gear?? I could not care less if someone I know smokes, drinks, whatever, imho those are even more harmful than gear.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder why would people turn on you/us for using gear?? I could not care less if someone I know smokes, drinks, whatever, imho those are even more harmful than gear.
I tend to keep it to myself (besides sharing semi-anonymously online), but have a couple other friends locally who use so I chat with them about it too. People just have the wrong impression when it comes to gear.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
My manger at work knows, my ex wife knows who I share custody of our kids with, my doctor knows, nobody seems to care out here.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My manger at work knows, my ex wife knows who I share custody of our kids with, my doctor knows, nobody seems to care out here.
Same, no one cares, thats why I was so surprised to read these responses.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You guys are right. Most people either don't care or just silently judge . Its just ammo in the clip if someone wanted to be $hitty to you is my thought.

And all the negative stereotypes of juice doesnt help us out a whole lot. For gods sake..my father still references Lyle Alzetto! "That testosterone is going to give you brain cancer!"....no matter the data - hes convinced lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You guys are right. Most people either don't care or just silently judge . Its just ammo in the clip if someone wanted to be $hitty to you is my thought.

And all the negative stereotypes of juice doesnt help us out a whole lot. For gods sake..my father still references Lyle Alzetto! "That testosterone is going to give you brain cancer!"....no matter the data - hes convinced lol
Bro. People STILL talk about him and how steroids ruined him. No, steroids gave a decent player an advantage, a much better career and a better life, and when he got a shitty hand dealt to him, he needed something to blame. He even admitted it before dying. I wanna puke when I hear how easily our society/government has brainwashed so many people to hate “cheaters”. The after school specials, fake info about roid rage, and the misinformation that still lives to this day, putting a bad taste in so many peoples mouth. My dad used to tell me he’d disown me if I didn’t “do this naturally”. Of course he got over it quickly once educated on it a little. The US in the 80s had a seriously effective campaign against steroids, it brainwashed pretty much all the baby boomers.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone remember that in-school anti-steroid propaganda with Ben Affleck, he had “roid rage” ?
No, but that sounds hilarious. Though I was told in my highschool health class that steroids shrink your penis.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No, but that sounds hilarious. Though I was told in my highschool health class that steroids shrink your penis.
They definitely taught that! Said it enough that my wife (same high school) almost 20 yrs later actually scolded me. After explaining to her it actually makes it bigger she thought I was an idiot trying to justify my position. Then a week or 2 after starting I got the "oh yes, that does make a difference!" Shes plenty happy with that extra blood flow lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was so bad. It was an onslaught of garbage like that that really ignorantly made up a generation’s mind for them. I still hear the prejudices all the time and when I ask why, they don’t seem to know, they just say it’s bad. Same reason no one can answer why we eat cows, not horses or dogs. “Just because we don’t”. People allow society to make up their mind for them.