Unanswered Do anabolics enhance the nervous system?

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So i had this question go through my head several years ago but never really followed through in research. A few months back i saw a video while i was researching DHT, a guy who goes by the name Doctor Sam Robbins mentions in one of his videos that DHT enhances the CNS, HERE. I was just wondering what you guys here think of this, have you heard this before? Any other sources of info on this?

He doesn't necessarily say any particular anabolic compound does it, just that DHT does, which of course can be supplemented from T conversion. I have watched many of his videos in the past on diet and nutrution and he seems to be knowledgeable. Thoughts?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes. They do. This is why there are immediate strength gains from certain compounds or within just a day or two, such as Anadrol, dianabol, halotestin, methyl tren... all very strong on the CNS.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The mechanism of action is that A the nerves have androgen receptors that when ultra stimulated will cause signals to pass more readily. B the muscle cells have androgen receptors that when activated allow the muscle cell to be used, normally you don’t have enough androgens to activate all available cells.

Steroids activate these receptors and allow nerve signals to pass more readily into the muscle cells which are also then allowed to be used on a much more widespread basis.

PHOTOSnFIBERS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
The mechanism of action is that A the nerves have androgen receptors that when ultra stimulated will cause signals to pass more readily. B the muscle cells have androgen receptors that when activated allow the muscle cell to be used, normally you don’t have enough androgens to activate all available cells.

Steroids activate these receptors and allow nerve signals to pass more readily into the muscle cells which are also then allowed to be used on a much more widespread basis.
Very cool ty for the info. This was one of my hunches, that the nervous system itself had receptors that reacted to the androgen. Too bad though, this kind of info must have been around for decades and decades, yet it's rarely discussed. But maybe since the CNS is something not readily available to see with the naked eye like muscle is, it's a little harder for people to get a grasp on.

I've done a fair amount of armchair research and or discussed fitness with many people, muscle and hypertrophy info is a dime a dozen, but the nervous system stuff is very hard to find.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The central nervous system also needs longer to recover than muscle tissue, as do the ligaments. This is what can cause actual overtraining and what can put one at more risk for injury. Natties assume its them who will overtrain first. It isn’t. The natural body has so much buffering between hard training often and overtraining, you’d have to be so sore in the gym before you even lifted...

On gear, it’s actually a real danger, because your muscles are that much stronger, that much more in command, and that much more ready to do extra work.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The central nervous system also needs longer to recover than muscle tissue, as do the ligaments. This is what can cause actual overtraining and what can put one at more risk for injury. Natties assume its them who will overtrain first. It isn’t. The natural body has so much buffering between hard training often and overtraining, you’d have to be so sore in the gym before you even lifted...

On gear, it’s actually a real danger, because your muscles are that much stronger, that much more in command, and that much more ready to do extra work.
This is entirely true anecdotally in my experience as well.
The nervous system is slower to respond and is one of the most fascinating concepts in bodybuilding and powerlifting.
I feel like the strong guys have discovered this more ways than those of us who mainly hypertrophy-train.
I also believe this is why sleep is so critical for nervous system recovery, especially when running gear when sleep is typically compromised for some.

Azov

Azov

Awards
Do all Sarms also affect the CNS? What about 11 kt ? Which other PEDs dont? I used to use pre-workouts, stimulants and clenbuterol when I was younger without a problem but now I suffer from some anxiety once in a while. So looking for PEDs that will not make me hyper. Thank you

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Do all Sarms also affect the CNS? What about 11 kt ? Which other PEDs dont? I used to use pre-workouts, stimulants and clenbuterol when I was younger without a problem but now I suffer from some anxiety once in a while. So looking for PEDs that will not make me hyper. Thank you
I'd recomend Turinabol, from my experience. I felt great on it, mentaly and physicaly.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just to add to the story; it's the DHT's that mostly act on the system as described above by OW. DHT is the stimulator.

Also regarding training, the info on nervous system recovery is correct. CNS accumulates fatigue and can lead to, as mentioned, to overtraining. This is why deadlift has for instance the longest SRA curve.