Cortisol, cutting, and anabolics

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If cutting on steroids on a deep calorie deficit since steroids inhibit cortisol would it be just overload and a waste of money to thrown in an over the counter cortisol reducer alongside it? I can certainly see the merits in running it right when the cycle ends, but what about on cycle too?

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Personally, I wouldn’t. It’s possible to lower cortisol too much. Both anabolics and exercise prevent catabolism from cortisol, so I’ve never worried about it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Personally, I wouldn’t. It’s possible to lower cortisol too much. Both anabolics and exercise prevent catabolism from cortisol, so I’ve never worried about it.
I kinda agree with this☝. There are definitely consequences to lowering cortisol too much. But I'm also not sure if otc products can crush your cortisol. I'm really just guessing here but I think you should probably save it for post cycle.

I can also see what Mikereyn513 is saying as well, as long as we're not crushing it into the dirt.

Symptoms of excessively low cortisol are pretty bad.

Extreme lethargy, loss of appetite and nausea, dangerously low BP, hypoglycemia, there's more I can't remember them all

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I kinda agree with this☝. There are definitely consequences to lowering cortisol too much. But I'm also not sure if otc products can crush your cortisol. I'm really just guessing here but I think you should probably save it for post cycle.

I can also see what Mikereyn513 is saying as well, as long as we're not crushing it into the dirt.

Symptoms of excessively low cortisol are pretty bad.

Extreme lethargy, loss of appetite and nausea, dangerously low BP, hypoglycemia, there's more I can't remember them all
@Smont and @Jeremyk1 good points. I’m just gonna save it for post cycle. The small potential gains of running on OTC cortisol supplement on cycle don’t compare to the high risk of crashing it.

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I want to add I take an OTC transdermal product to lower cortisol and I take it every day at a pretty decent dose and have noticed no symptoms of crashed cortisol. If you were to run it less than me, I can’t possibly see it being a concern of crashing cortisol.
the product I use is AET-50 by Apex Alchemy. It’s 50mg/ml of B-AET. Helped me lean up as well. I take over 2ml a day but noticed effects at just 1 ml a day (5 pumps). So you could grab yourself a bottle and just use 5 pumps or 4 pumps or whatever you want. Helps with sleep when taken at night too! @Renew1 @xR1pp3Rx

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I want to add I take an OTC transdermal product to lower cortisol and I take it every day at a pretty decent dose and have noticed no symptoms of crashed cortisol. If you were to run it less than me, I can’t possibly see it being a concern of crashing cortisol.
the product I use is AET-50 by Apex Alchemy. It’s 50mg/ml of B-AET. Helped me lean up as well. I take over 2ml a day but noticed effects at just 1 ml a day (5 pumps). So you could grab yourself a bottle and just use 5 pumps or 4 pumps or whatever you want. Helps with sleep when taken at night too! @Renew1 @xR1pp3Rx
AET-50 is one of my Favorite products!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Steroids lower cortisol too, did you ever run it with steroids?

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Steroids lower cortisol too, did you ever run it with steroids?
I take trt at 200mgs a week and have run a b-AET product on 400mgs a week with a methylated prohormone. No issues. Again, with my trt which is more like a mini cycle dose, my dosage of the supplement is on the high end.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take trt at 200mgs a week and have run a b-AET product on 400mgs a week with a methylated prohormone. No issues. Again, with my trt which is more like a mini cycle dose, my dosage of the supplement is on the high end.
What prohormone was it?

Jbryfit1

Jbryfit1

Awards
Get some reduce xt to run starting the just week if your cycle. 50-75 mg is a great dose.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I take 2 caps of reducext daily as a staple lately. When I was taking 3 caps per day my blood work showed cortisol right in the middle of the reference range. In my unprofessional opinion reducext is a great addition to overall health. In pct I would run it at 3 caps per day

BillD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take 2 caps of reducext daily as a staple lately. When I was taking 3 caps per day my blood work showed cortisol right in the middle of the reference range. In my unprofessional opinion reducext is a great addition to overall health. In pct I would run it at 3 caps per day
How were you dosing it? Would it be good to run with EC stack?

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How were you dosing it? Would it be good to run with EC stack?
I take 1 cap in the morning and 1 in the evening. I'm not sure what you're referring to with an ec stack