DMAA reversly affect pump

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I Remember in one of the threads Cooper mentioned taking ephedrine with pre workout pump supplements will not diminish the pump effect. What about DMAA? Is it the same story? Or should DMAA Be avoided with pump products or pre workout?

beLou

beLou

Awards
I'd say that *most* people who have used, or currently use DMAA, do so in conjunction with some type of "pump product" / pre-workout.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I Remember in one of the threads Cooper mentioned taking ephedrine with pre workout pump supplements will not diminish the pump effect. What about DMAA? Is it the same story? Or should DMAA Be avoided with pump products or pre workout?
You should be fine..I believe they both work via the b2 receptor and thus induce peripheral skeletal vasodilation. Also it stimulates the a1 receptor, but to a much lesser degree.

edit: It's worth mentioning that ephedrine and DMAA should not be used together.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You should be fine..I believe they both work via the b2 receptor and thus induce peripheral skeletal vasodilation. Also it stimulates the a1 receptor, but to a much lesser degree.

edit: It's worth mentioning that ephedrine and DMAA should not be used together.
This is quite incorrect.

Ephedrine is a b2 agonist (vasodilator). DMAA is a NE reuptake inhibitor, and NE chiefly agonizes a1. Thus, it is a vasoconstrictor.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is quite incorrect. Ephedrine is a b2 agonist (vasodilator). DMAA is a NE reuptake inhibitor, and NE chiefly agonizes a1. Thus, it is a vasoconstrictor.
Then it sounds like taking DMAA with NO/pump products is not a good idea. However Jack 3-D and other products containing DMAA used to be very popular and people seems feeling the benefit of both product when used together (I never used these together so I can't bring up any personal experience). Is there any explanation to that or is this just placebo effect? Is it better not be used in conjunction?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Then it sounds like taking DMAA with NO/pump products is not a good idea. However Jack 3-D and other products containing DMAA used to be very popular and people seems feeling the benefit of both product when used together (I never used these together so I can't bring up any personal experience). Is there any explanation to that or is this just placebo effect? Is it better not be used in conjunction?
You have it backwards. Taking it with something like, say, nitrates, would alleviate symptoms of elevated total peripheral resistance

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
This is quite incorrect.

Ephedrine is a b2 agonist (vasodilator). DMAA is a NE reuptake inhibitor, and NE chiefly agonizes a1. Thus, it is a vasoconstrictor.
I stand corrected. So NE (a1 cells) is primarily a vasoconstrictor, and the beta2 agonism of Ephedrine release Epi (vaso-dilator)

Quick question: Would stimulation of the b2 increase renin secretion from the kidney?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
Supplements 0
Supplements 5
Supplements 1
MA Labs 14