DJBeanPole's LeCheek MassHGH & SpeedX3 Review (sponsored)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
well...at least they were still in it at the end.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea man he ain't looking himself. I'm just waiting for Marms to come in here lol...
aint makin no excuses...but the refereeing sucked. hell i even saw a woman ref out there-wtf!!! at least i hope it was a woman, lol.:haha:

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
aint makin no excuses...but the refereeing sucked. hell i even saw a woman ref out there-wtf!!! at least i hope it was a woman, lol.:haha:
Ya I saw that too lol. It was gokix. ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Come on you think I wasnt going to see what the Bears did before I ran my mouth this weekend lol
Yea I figured ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 10: REST

Had some family over for a cookout so I took the day off and stuffed my face full of carbs :) Thank goodness for Recompadrol! Back is feeling MUCH better!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 11: LEGS

Definitely wasn't looking forward to today as it was lifting legs the last time that really messed me up. So I was cautious, listened to my body, and adjusted my routine as needed. Still a very productive day.

LEG EXTENSION (warmup): 65x3 I attempted to try this out and see how it felt and of all the exercises in the gym today this one was going to give me the most trouble. Even before my leg was fully extended I could feel my lower back start to pinch where I had hurt it two weeks ago. So I got up and said that it wasn't for me... at least not this week. I'm not a big fan of them anyway!

LEG PRESS: No squatting today. 135x15 225x12,12 315x10,10,10,10,10 went for high volume instead of heavy weight. These were a bit interesting. The position felt comfortable and I didn't feel anything unless I completely locked my legs out at the top of the press. When I did this I started to feel more of an uncomfortable pressure rather than any pain in my lower back... like something needed to pop. Do you guys pop your knuckles and get to the point where you can almost tell they need popped? Thats kind of what it felt like. In between each set I'd stand up and stretch out and tried desperately to pop my lower back but nothing worked!

SEATED CALF RAISE: 45x15 135x10,10,10,13 the BURNNNNN!

FRONT SQUAT: 45x10 just to see how it felt. Had I not done so much on the leg press I would have thrown in some more sets

HAMSTRING CURLS: 95x10,10,10,12

Walked on the treadmill at a 3.0mph pace with my hoodie up and at a 7.5% incline for 15 minutes. Felt real good. Best part is when I got home I didn't have any back soreness or tightness at all!

Stay tuned,

DJ

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Solid day bro way to get it back in you'll be pounding it in no time

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No widowmakers?
Nah man... it just didn't seem like a good idea, 'nahmean? haha

Nice workouts to get back into the gym. Steady as he goes. Good to see you back lifting.
Solid day bro way to get it back in you'll be pounding it in no time
Thanks fellas. Feels great to finally be getting into that groove again. Shoulders today. Going to go heavier and test the waters :D!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 12: SHOULDERS

SEATED DB SHOULDER PRESS: 30x15 50x10,10,10,10 (weight for ea. hand)

BARBELL OVERHEAD SHRUG: 45x10 55x25,25,25,20 traps SMOKED!

SCAPTION: 15x10 20x10,10,10 (weight for ea. hand)

REAR DELT FLYS - MACHINE: 115x10 130x10 145x10,10

FACE PULLS: 60x10,10,10,10 PR :D!

PULLEY DELT RAISES: 20x8,8 up in weight from last week but down in reps

REAR DELT FLY - MACHINE: Negatives for burnout - 100x8,8

Walked out of there TOASTED. SpeedX3 kicked in just like I thought it would during the seated DB shoulder presses. After the first two sets my shoulders felt like they were going to explode they were so pumped. On Nutraplanet's website it describes SpeedX3 as giving you "LASER focus..." and well thats EXACTLY what it does. All I could think about was the weight and how it was working with my body. The mind-muscle connection is HUGE. My goofball workout partner kept saying **** to distract me and all I could see was myself moving the weight. It was like nothing else even existed outside of what I was doing. I don't even remember hearing him I was that far into the zone. Fantastic stuff.

Tomorrow is a rest day. I may try to do some cardio... I'd like to see how it feels to start jogging again. If its too much I'll just do the stationary bike or elevated walking on the treadmill. We shall see.

Stay tuned,

DJ

Note: This log is also being updated on my website for those outside of the forums to view... so Marms just FYI ;)

Today's workout is viewable here: http://djbeanpole.com/?p=258

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see the back is holding up. Great job with hitting PRs already after your return.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Fockin inspirational bro

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see the back is holding up. Great job with hitting PRs already after your return.
Fockin inspirational bro
i 2nd this!!!!
And it is for PRECISELY these responses that I am giving it my all in the gym. I get so much motivation out of all of your kind words it keeps making me want to reach for more and MOARRRRRR!!! I sincerely thank each and everyone one of you for following so far and for the kickass comments. If it wasn't for you guys I don't know what I'd do.

Some good news... my BELT has arrived!!! Right as I was getting ready to leave for work the UPS guy showed up and handed it to me! Can't wait to put it to the test and break that sucker in :D!

Much respect,

DJ

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
why would you wear a belt around your neck.....:saevilw:

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you alter your dogs colar ?
I hate all of you. So much. :D Go look at the other pics you bastages!

Update incoming...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
geez...so much hostility!!!!:jester:
Nah I'm messin' nothing but love for all of u here... now that I took a moment to look at the pic the camera angle and my man hands certainly make that belt look awfully friggin' small :)

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah I'm messin' nothing but love for all of u here... now that I took a moment to look at the pic the camera angle and my man hands certainly make that belt look awfully friggin' small :)
Liar !!! you have a child holding a dog collar. You are so lucky the kids just went to bed or Id have you all LOLING so bad right now.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liar !!! you have a child holding a dog collar. You are so lucky the kids just went to bed or Id have you all LOLING so bad right now.
lmfao

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That Means I should see some 450+ deadlifts from you then my dear over-stretched-fella.
This is most certainly the plan my vertically challenged amigo. Back/Bis tomorrow with a good friend of mine. Going to attempt some deadlifting I hope. We'll see how the back feels.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
This is most certainly the plan my vertically challenged amigo. Back/Bis tomorrow with a good friend of mine. Going to attempt some deadlifting I hope. We'll see how the back feels.
Ever tried to put Deadlifts on lower body / core days? My perception of them is that they are more of a posterior chain exercise rather than an Upper Back developer, albeit they do have some trap/lat interactions when done in a wider grip manner (yet this one is highly overestimated IMO).

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 13: LISS transformed to HIIT CARDIO

First time in about 2 weeks since I’ve done any cardio. At first I thought I’d start off light with some LISS (Low-Impact Steady State) but after I got warmed up it started to feel too easy, and it was actually loosening up my back and relieving some pressure so I decided to press on to HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio!

Cycle went as follows:
3 minute warmup @ 3.0mph
7 minute LISS @ 6.0mph
Cycle 1: 30 second sprint @ 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog @ 6.0mph
Cycle 2: 30 second sprint @ 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog @ 6.0mph
Cycle 3: 30 second sprint @ 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog @ 6.0mph
Cycle 4: 30 second sprint @ 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk @ 4.0mph
Cycle 5: 30 second sprint @ 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk @ 4.0mph
Cycle 6: 30 second sprint @ 10mph followed by 1:30 walk @ 4.0mph
5 minute cooldown @ 4.0mph elevated 7.5%

Felt pretty damn good afterwards and I was dripping sweat like crazy. And it made my back feel so much BETTER which was totally unexpected. I’m glad to be throwing this back into my workout routine!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ever tried to put Deadlifts on lower body / core days? My perception of them is that they are more of a posterior chain exercise rather than an Upper Back developer, albeit they do have some trap/lat interactions when done in a wider grip manner (yet this one is highly overestimated IMO).
I've thought about it but haven't implemented it. I go pretty hard on leg day and think adding deadlifts would be too much. Perhaps some SL deadlifts would help. I'd like to start doing good mornings to strengthen my back.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 14: BACK/BIS

Just realized that I'm at or around the midpoint for SpeedX3... MassHGH will be extended out just a little further than 30 days ;) so plan on a midpoint review video of my thoughts on SpeedX3 to be coming sometime this weekend if I can manage it.

This was the first day I actually got to wear/break in my belt and I was really excited about it because it finally allowed me to get back to deadlifting. I was really apprehensive about even attempting to deadlift but my friend talked me into it and told me I should at least give it a shot and see how it feels. I unfortunately missed that famous "30 minutes prior to workout" pre-workout window on accident due to being stuck in traffic as well as filming my friend PRing his own deadlift. So the effects of SpeedX3 had partially dissipated before I finally got down to my own lifts... I ALMOST thought about throwing some in with my intraworkout but I left it at home. I still felt the tingles, flushing, and super pump effects though so it must stay in the system for a good while which I was happy with :D!

So without further ado, let me post my friend PRing 540x1 (he weighs 220lbs):

[video=youtube;wz_RqdVVG6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz_RqdVVG6Q[/video]​

Onto my workout...

DEADLIFT: 135x10 225x5,5,5 felt really good to be doing these again... but 225 felt incredibly heavy :(

LAT PULLDOWNS: 100x10,10,10,10,10 PR for reps

HAMMERSTRENGTH ISO-LOW ROW: 45x10,10,10,10 my partner wanted to do these so I followed suit. Having never done them I thought they were OK but I would have preferred one-arm DB row instead. The machine didn't allow me to get a good stretch and the positioning felt weird with my tall ass frame.

CLOSE GRIP SEATED ROW: 75x10,10,10,10

STERNUM-UPS: BWx4,3,3,3.5

LAT SHRUGS - DIP STATION: BWx20,15,13,16 I felt the DOMS from this big time... still do :(

HAMMERCURL: 40s x 10,10,8,6

INCLINE DB CURL: 25x10,8,7+20s x 2 20x8

http://djbeanpole.com/?p=302

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 15: CHEST/TRIS

DB BENCHPRESS: 30s x15 50s x12 75s x10,10,10,9

DB INCLINE PRESS: 30s x12 40s x10,10,10,10

DB INCLINE FLYS: 15s x10 20s x10,10,10,12

HIGH CABLE FLYS: 40x10,10,10,12

TRICEP DIPS: BW+25lbs x 10,8,6,5

TRICEP KICKBACKS: 15s x10,10

TRICEP PUSHDOWNS: 120x10,10,10,9

NO-ATTACHMENT PULLEY PULLDOWN: 20x8,10,10,12

Lecheek LOG Day 15: Chest/Tris - DJBeanPole.com

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
fockin killin it bro!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fockin killin it bro!!
Thanks Dolan!

He made that look way too easy! Is he taking Lecheek products also :)
Haha actually he's not. I would have had him taking a little sample of the SpeedX3 I received but I got stuck in traffic and met with him too late so he already took what he had. I told him he needs to start competing!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off topic:

Spent some time looking at all your videos on your channel. I crack up every time. You are one funny dude. I think it's better that it is natural rather than it being anchorman style. Great job on those and great job so far on this log.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off topic:

Spent some time looking at all your videos on your channel. I crack up every time. You are one funny dude. I think it's better that it is natural rather than it being anchorman style. Great job on those and great job so far on this log.
X2. I think I've seen the majority of your videos and thought they were great. Nice job with the website as well.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Off topic:

Thanks man. Feels great to be back in the gym ALMOST going full force. Slight hesitant with squatting tomorrow... gonna see how I feel. But I'm glad people are watching them and actually enjoying them. If I can convery good information via humor then I've succeeded! Thank you sir!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
X2. I think I've seen the majority of your videos and thought they were great. Nice job with the website as well.
Thanks man I really appreciate it. I started doing those vids for you guys and I'll keep up with them especially with feedback such as yours! Website was a lot of fun to build and tweak now its just a pain in the ass updating 4 sites at once lol

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man I really appreciate it. I started doing those vids for you guys and I'll keep up with them especially with feedback such as yours! Website was a lot of fun to build and tweak now its just a pain in the ass updating 4 sites at once lol
Liar ,you have been sending me vids for years.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 16: HIIT CARDIO

No camera shot of the treadmill this time I left it in the car and didn't want to be that guy that pauses his treadmill and goes to his car just to get his cameraphone so he can take a picture of the treadmill. THAT wouldn't have been awkward at all... :rolleyes:

CALS: 488
DIST: 2.88miles
TIME: 30 minutes

Cycles:
2:30 minute warmup walk at 3.0mph
3:30 minute warmup jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 1: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 2: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 3: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 4: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 5: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 6: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 7: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 8: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 9: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 10: 30 second sprint at 9.5mph followed by 1:00 walk at 4.0mph elevated 7.5%
1:00 3.5mph at 7.5% elevated
Finished up walking at 3.0mph at level elevation until I reached 30 minutes total...

Felt friggin AWESOME! For some reason jogging/running is REALLY helping my back quite a bit. Its totally loosening it up and the stiffness has been gone for quite awhile now even hours later. Did a bunch of stretching afterwards and I was totally soaked. I threw my hoodie up before I started the HIIT cycles and it was just dripping off of me and I love that feeling. Some fat was destroyed today!

Stay tuned... LEGS is tomorrow!

DJ

http://djbeanpole.com/?p=313

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
DAY 16: HIIT CARDIO

No camera shot of the treadmill this time I left it in the car and didn't want to be that guy that pauses his treadmill and goes to his car just to get his cameraphone so he can take a picture of the treadmill. THAT wouldn't have been awkward at all... :rolleyes:

CALS: 488
DIST: 2.88miles
TIME: 30 minutes

Cycles:
2:30 minute warmup walk at 3.0mph
3:30 minute warmup jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 1: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 2: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 3: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 4: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 5: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 jog at 6.0mph
Cycle 6: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 7: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 8: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 9: 30 second sprint at 9.0mph followed by 1:30 walk at 4.0mph
Cycle 10: 30 second sprint at 9.5mph followed by 1:00 walk at 4.0mph elevated 7.5%
1:00 3.5mph at 7.5% elevated
Finished up walking at 3.0mph at level elevation until I reached 30 minutes total...

Felt friggin AWESOME! For some reason jogging/running is REALLY helping my back quite a bit. Its totally loosening it up and the stiffness has been gone for quite awhile now even hours later. Did a bunch of stretching afterwards and I was totally soaked. I threw my hoodie up before I started the HIIT cycles and it was just dripping off of me and I love that feeling. Some fat was destroyed today!

Stay tuned... LEGS is tomorrow!

DJ

http://djbeanpole.com/?p=313
Gooby pls