different types of creatine

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to get a run down of all the types of creatine and why some may be considered more effective then others.

Creatine Monogydrate
Tri Creatine Malate
Creatinol-o-Phosphate
MagnaPower Creatine - Magnesium bonded
Creapure - just a brand name mh?
Con-Cret® Creatine HCL (100% Concentrated Creatine) - just a brand name mh?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
monohydrate and creapure are the same thing

and just remember, monohydrate is the only one with tons of studies focused around it prooving it works. im not saying the others dont, just that mono is the most studied

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Creatinol o phosphate isnt creatine

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm trying to get a run down of all the types of creatine and why some may be considered more effective then others.

Creatine Monogydrate
Tri Creatine Malate
Creatinol-o-Phosphate
MagnaPower Creatine - Magnesium bonded
Just go with creatine monohydrate unless you get GI issues. In that case go with SNS Magnesium Creatine- Chelate.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine Monohydrate or Magenisum Creatine Chelate. We offer both for ridiculous low prices.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
monohydrate and creapure are the same thing

and just remember, monohydrate is the only one with tons of studies focused around it prooving it works. im not saying the others dont, just that mono is the most studied
this. monohydrate still has the most in terms of studies and valid data behind it

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Creatine Monohydrate or Magenisum Creatine Chelate. We offer both for ridiculous low prices.

^^^^^

in most cases, sticking with plain old mono is perfectly fine. its cheap, and we know it works. but if you're one who has any issues with mono, MCC is the next best thing

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Creatine Monogydrate:
Most "proven" type and cheapest. Can get for dirt cheap so usually the best option from a cost/effectiveness perspective.

Tri Creatine Malate:
Creatine bonded to malic acid. May prevent GI issues or the added benefits of Malic acid. Honestly I wouldn't use unless it is in a formula with other things.

Creatinol-o-Phosphate:
Not a form of creatine. I love this stuff though and it helps endurance and may have heart health benefits.

MagnaPower Creatine - Magnesium bonded:
As you noted bonded to magnesium. May provide improved uptake and lessen GI distress. The added magnesium provides benefits on its own and the chelated form is highly bioavailable, and considering I think most people could use more Mag. in their diets I find this one of the top forms.

Name brand mono of high purity levels.

Honestly I don't know much about this one. :eek:
Answers in bold. I agree with all the other suggestions in this thread. Unless mono gives you GI distress it is your best bet. Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Creatine Orotate are my other favorite forms if I don't just use Creapure. :thumbsup:

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established
Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Finaflex has just came out with a new creatine. There are several logger for it right know on this forum myself included.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216138-creating-new-nad.html

Here the company description on the first post. So far it's getting good reviews.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/208826-next-stage-creatine.html
i actually just posted an article...

This product is pretty unnecessary, you can get the same effects by simply taking creatine monohydrate with baking soda

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-science/216521-supercharging-creatine-baking.html#post3677539

NADDANME

NADDANME

Awards
  • Established

domore

Awards
I'm a fan of creatine salts like MCC and Creatine Orotate. Also, I like Creatine Nitrate.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Answers in bold. I agree with all the other suggestions in this thread. Unless mono gives you GI distress it is your best bet. Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Creatine Orotate are my other favorite forms if I don't just use Creapure. :thumbsup:
Great analysis. To add to your knowledge on CreHCl, it does require a lower dose due to improved kinetics as a salt. Mono is still king, but I'd put this second to MCC if one does not respond well to mono.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mono without a doubt

- Valdez

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great analysis. To add to your knowledge on CreHCl, it does require a lower dose due to improved kinetics as a salt. Mono is still king, but I'd put this second to MCC if one does not respond well to mono.
Thanks. I actually received a small tub of Concret for free but just never felt the need to look into HCl yet.

domore

Awards
Thanks. I actually received a small tub of Concret for free but just never felt the need to look into HCl yet.
I have yet to try HCl. There is a place that sells it in bulk for a pretty good price. I may try it out sometime, but I don't think I will sway from my favorites.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Unless the sns one is specifically branded creapure creatine...

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/creatine-monohydrate-1-kilo.html

200 servings for $3 bucks more

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I can find 1.2 kg of the SNS Monohydrate for $11. But who's bragging? :D
cheap and effective. also like the MCC. creatine is so cheap should be part of every supp stack.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established