Dexaprine for women

LoLoCat

Awards
I'm new to the forum so please excuse any ignorance on the topic mentioned in my subject. My boyfriend just got me a bottle of Dexaprine and I'm on day 4 of trying it out. I take it upon waking, as directed. I've tried A LOT of stims and the only ones that have ever worked for me in the past have been based on a basic ECA stack. When ephedrine stopped being sold in the US, I would order it out of Canada and stack it with a caffeine pill and a baby aspirin. I stopped that regimen back in September because, after years of taking ephedrine products, I no longer felt the effects or saw the results I desired. I even stopped drinking coffee. So when I started taking Dexaprine a few days ago, I immediately felt an effect. Alert, warm, nauseous, difficulty sleeping (grinding my teeth). I tried taking it with food on day 3 and I'm not getting the nausea anymore. Yesterday in the gym (I work out after work around 5pm), I did my normal workout of cardio warmup followed by abs followed by 30 minutes of running interval hills. I expected to be more sweaty (which I certainly was) but I didn't seem to have as much energy as I had expected. I could barely make it to the end of my workout. The incline on the hills felt higher, the speed felt faster, my body felt like I was in over my head. Could this be because the caffeine has worn off? I would normally take another dose right before lunch or by mid-afternoon to feel more of an effect during my workout but I'm worried that the powerful effects of Dexaprine will give me trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night. Any other suggestions on how I should take this product to get the best results?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would suggest trying 1/2 pill in the AM, and an addition 1/2 pill when you need a boost around 3pm or so.

Never go over 1.5/day as that is when side effects(such as sleeplessness) begin for most.

LoLoCat

Awards
I would suggest trying 1/2 pill in the AM, and an addition 1/2 pill when you need a boost around 3pm or so.

Never go over 1.5/day as that is when side effects(such as sleeplessness) begin for most.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am only taking half a pill in the morning. If I take another half pill in the afternoon, I'm worried it will really mess up my sleep pattern. I'm already having to take melatonin at night to fall asleep (I know this sounds bad, uppers in the morning, downers at night, lol). You think taking another half in the afternoon won't give me trouble sleeping?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If its causing you sleeplessness, its due to taking it too late.

I find that Dexaprine lasts just about 8 hours, so time it accordingly. If you take it at 2pm, you should be able to fall asleep by 10pm at the latest no problem.

If you need some extra help sleeping, our ZMA may help out a bit.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion. I am only taking half a pill in the morning. If I take another half pill in the afternoon, I'm worried it will really mess up my sleep pattern. I'm already having to take melatonin at night to fall asleep (I know this sounds bad, uppers in the morning, downers at night, lol). You think taking another half in the afternoon won't give me trouble sleeping?
Possibly look into trying 1/2 tab immediately upon waking, and another half tab 1-2 hours later. I've done that on occasion when I wake up late. I feel 1 full tab for me is to much at times, and splitting it up, even just a little really makes a big difference.

Mike

Texplex11

Awards

I got a sample in the mail and i wont use it due to the PHs im on... So my gf tried it and was wondering if it would be safe for her to use? also she really didnt feel anything off of half a pill, but shes only 120 pounds? should she take a full pill?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got a sample in the mail and i wont use it due to the PHs im on... So my gf tried it and was wondering if it would be safe for her to use? also she really didnt feel anything off of half a pill, but shes only 120 pounds? should she take a full pill?
If she didn't feel a half pill then a whole pill should be ok. Have her try a half pill again but make sure she has a empty stomach. Does she drink coffee

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If she didn't feel a half pill then a whole pill should be ok. Have her try a half pill again but make sure she has a empty stomach. Does she drink coffee
Empty stomach is key for alot of people.

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established

My wife takes Dexaprine religiously, exactly as advised here :)
Except that she sometimes takes an extra 1/2 pill when she goes 'clubbing' :dunno: