DaPack..Fighting Age One Day at a Time

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So this is the second state you own records in right? Almost time to move and take down another state? lol

Switched from squat shoe at 355lbs to flats for the last set and definitely feel stronger in flat. Last set would have probably been a single in squat shoe. Main point for the squat shoes was to focus for on quad strength and size and it seems to be working.
this year has really been the first time I've been squatting in flats since I got my ristos back in our bodybuilding dungeon days and I definitely am liking them. There are little things that are different, I can feel my toes and arch grabbing the ground different. It challenged my ankle mobility at first but that seems to have passed quickly.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
June 5th, 2024 (Wednesday)

Squats;
5 sets 3 reps 200lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs
2 sets 2 reps 325lbs, 340lbs
1 sets 1 rep 355lbs
1 set 2 reps 370lbs**Double PR and weight for reps PR
Switched from squat shoe at 355lbs to flats for the last set and definitely feel stronger in flat. Last set would have probably been a single in squat shoe. Main point for the squat shoes was to focus for on quad strength and size and it seems to be working.

Bench;
9 sets 1 rep 185lb, 205lb, 225lbs, 240lbs 250lbs, 260lbs 270lbs, 280lbs, 290lbs

Not a lot of time this week to lift so switched to a ME week. Decided next meet will mostly likely do RAW since for my age want the state record for bench, 303.1, and deads, 490.5. Squats, 474, and total, 1,267.7, are out of my reach but at least this will give me some motivation. Already broke and hold the records with wraps for my age at 181 and 198 so see no sense to go that direction. I have the 2nd best SBD sleeves but they are pretty worn out so after reading reviews I order a pair of A7 hourglass, rigor mortis sleeves. Figured worst case if I don't like them will just get the SBD powerlifting sleeves for the meet.
Let’s gooooo! When’s your next meet? Looks like we are both eyeing up some state records.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Glad things are clicking so well for you, and nice work on that PR. Who would have thought that bringing up weaknesses would allow for new PRs when you came back to your preferred setup?!
Right. Good thing about ME last week is seen more on each lift were I need to focus for the meet.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So this is the second state you own records in right? Almost time to move and take down another state? lol

this year has really been the first time I've been squatting in flats since I got my ristos back in our bodybuilding dungeon days and I definitely am liking them. There are little things that are different, I can feel my toes and arch grabbing the ground different. It challenged my ankle mobility at first but that seems to have passed quickly.
Yeah. South Dakota I don't count cause at the time and even now USPA is not that big. Out here there is at least 10+ meets a year going on in this state and every record was stand at the time besides a few. Have 14 state records here in Oregon and still holding the bench national for USPA for 45-49 at 165lbs.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah. South Dakota I don't count cause at the time and even now USPA is not that big. Out here there is at least 10+ meets a year going on in this state and every record was stand at the time besides a few. Have 14 state records here in Oregon and still holding the bench national for USPA for 45-49 at 165lbs.
Nice out west or east? I’m in the Sioux Falls area.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 10th, 2024 (Monday)

Bench; Pause
6 sets 3 reps 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs, 215lbs, 230lbs

Bench;
4 sets 1 rep 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs, 285lbs

CGBP;**Shoulder Saver
5 sets 5 reps 145lbs, 165lbs, 180lbs, 195lbs, 210lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
3 sets 13 reps

Seated Triceps Extensions;
4 sets 13 reps

Push Downs;
5 sets 10 reps

Got my new knee wraps in and tried them on and feel they are a little big. When I got my SBDs they were harder to put on and now after 2 years are super easy getting on. Going to return them and get one size smaller. They are definitely way stiffer than the SBDs I have. Cannot wait to get the right size and try them out.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did you get those ultra stiff comp knee sleeves?
I did the rigor mortis. Felt they were a little to big so sent them back and now waiting on another pair a size smaller. Figured they were a little easier than the SBDs to get on in some ways so decided after the loosen up would def be to big.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 11th, 2024 (Tuesday)

Deads;**Conv
4 sets 2 reps 185lbs (DE)
3 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs
3 sets 2 reps 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs
3 sets 1 rep 375lbs, 400lbs, 420lbs

Rack Pulls;**3rd Peg
4 sets 5 reps 275lbs, 315lbs, 325lbs, 365lbs

Seated Rows;
3 sets 13 reps

Leg Curls
3 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Frustrating when you order something and are excited to use it then have to send it back for some reason.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Frustrating when you order something and are excited to use it then have to send it back for some reason.
Yeah. New ones will be here next Monday but next week is a weird week so hoping I get a chance to try them out in the gym.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 12th, 2024 (Wednesday)

Squats;
7 sets 3 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 315lbs, 330lbs, 340lbs

Seated Leg Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Bench;
6 sets 1 rep 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs, 255lbs, 270lbs, 280lbs, 290lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
3 sets 13 reps

6 weeks back to benching already and was hoping for a little more. Pretty sure rested and with carbs 300lbs is do able but was sort of hoping for 315lbs after the week back from de-loading. Last few weeks been strapped for time so couldn't do everything I wanted to but don't think I would have effected to much.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 17th, 2024 (Monday)

Bench;
6 sets 2 reps 145lbs, 165lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs
1 set 1 rep 260lbs
1 set 3 reps 275lbs

Deads;
7 sets 2 reps 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs, 375lbs
1 set 1 rep 400lbs

Very limited time, 40 mins total with 25 bench/ 15 deads. Knowing I had hardly anytime knew deads would suffer with quick rest so focused on bench hoping for 2 reps.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 20th, 2024 (Thursday)

Squats;
5 sets 2 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs

A7's Sleeves;
1 set 4 reps 375lbs**Weight for reps PR and x4 reps PR

These A7 sleeves are insane. Previous was 370x2 and today destroyed it and really didn't think was going to be a great day. Working my way up the sets/ reps were slow and just didn't feel would even hit 350x2. Only problem is getting them off. I used the wrist straps to pull them up but drove home from the gym with them halfway pulled down because I couldn't get them off. Got home and spent a hard 15 mins of pull/ tugging and sweating to get them off. Thinking if I wear long socks, well over the calf, that could help. I know they will loosen up a little but with how hard they are to get off not going to use them to often. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
June 20th, 2024 (Thursday)

Squats;
5 sets 2 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs

A7's Sleeves;
1 set 4 reps 375lbs**Weight for reps PR and x4 reps PR

These A7 sleeves are insane. Previous was 370x2 and today destroyed it and really didn't think was going to be a great day. Working my way up the sets/ reps were slow and just didn't feel would even hit 350x2. Only problem is getting them off. I used the wrist straps to pull them up but drove home from the gym with them halfway pulled down because I couldn't get them off. Got home and spent a hard 15 mins of pull/ tugging and sweating to get them off. Thinking if I wear long socks, well over the calf, that could help. I know they will loosen up a little but with how hard they are to get off not going to use them to often. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Don’t use them except the last 2 months of meet prep is my suggestion based on what I’ve seen. I see some guys lay on a bench with their legs stuck out and let another guy come yank them off - they don’t even try to do it themselves.

I have never used the new super-stiff generation.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Don’t use them except the last 2 months of meet prep is my suggestion based on what I’ve seen. I see some guys lay on a bench with their legs stuck out and let another guy come yank them off - they don’t even try to do it themselves.

I have never used the new super-stiff generation.
That sort of is the plan after yesterday. Might try a couple times until 8 weeks out to try and lossen them. Think of getting the same sbds I have for training until then

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glad you hit some nice PRs!

I always go back and forth between wanting to try some of these crazy sleeves or give wraps another run, but I don’t plan to formally compete so it just seems like a lot of work and I back out of the idea. 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you hit some nice PRs!

I always go back and forth between wanting to try some of these crazy sleeves or give wraps another run, but I don’t plan to formally compete so it just seems like a lot of work and I back out of the idea.
That’s where I am with wraps. I do not like the big element of variability they add to competing, and they add so much time/effort to training.

Cerberus Triple-ply knee sleeves will get you pretty close to a mild wrap in rebound (that’s 6 layers compacting behind the knee cap). And you can pull them on pretty easy, and way cheaper than these neoprene. That’s the way to go for gym only, strongman, etc.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s where I am with wraps. I do not like the big element of variability they add to competing, and they add so much time/effort to training.

Cerberus Triple-ply knee sleeves will get you pretty close to a mild wrap in rebound (that’s 6 layers compacting behind the knee cap). And you can pull them on pretty easy, and way cheaper than these neoprene. That’s the way to go for gym only, strongman, etc.
I added some double ply sleeves sometime last year to kind of test the waters in how I felt about it. If my deadlifts go well this summer maybe when I lean into squats this fall I’ll go all in.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I added some double ply sleeves sometime last year to kind of test the waters in how I felt about it. If my deadlifts go well this summer maybe when I lean into squats this fall I’ll go all in.
I know some people don’t like stating goals, so what’s your strongest recent deadlift performance (either a 1-rep max or weightxreps) and what’s your best ever for that spec?

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

First meet not doing wraps and took me like 10 pairs and years just to find a pair that suited my style and now they stopped making them, Pioneer Chokers. Figured would give raw a try and get away from wraps for at least one meet.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@Hyde order a pair of Cerberus double ply for training. A lot cheaper than sbds and just need something for training. My sbds are so worn out and this actually saves some money

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde order a pair of Cerberus double ply for training. A lot cheaper than sbds and just need something for training. My sbds are so worn out and this actually saves some money
The multiply sleeves will basically last forever. I’ve never seen a pair actually wear out or catastrophically rip/tear.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 27th, 2024 (Thursday)

Squats;
5 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs, 300lbs, 315lbs

A7 Sleeves
3 sets 1 rep 340lbs, 365lbs, 385lbs
1 set 2 reps 405lbs**No wrap weight PR and rep PR

Put over the calf socks on and made it easier getting them off but was still a struggle, didn't feel like I would possibly have to cut them off though. 2nd time using them and would say they are equal to a top medium wrap on lower end heavy wrap. Would compare them to my Metal Orange wraps if I had to pick. Making notes in my spreadsheet so when I wear different sleeves wont compare it to the A7s. Hard to tell how much they add but would say 25lbs+ is a definite. When I was looking at the meet 425lbs squat was my goal and think it will be achievable at this point. Next week will slowly start my prep, 15 weeks out, and start getting the body use to the volume that will come. Will be awhile before I put the A7s on again but now have a rough guess of what they are capable of and possibly during training can make a better guess on where I am at.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on that PR!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 30th, 2024 (Sunday)

Deads;**Sumo
4 sets 2 reps 225 (DE)
5 sets 1 rep 275lbs, 315lbs, 365lbs, 405lbs, 440lbs

Bench;
6 sets 1 rep 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs, 290lbs

A little disappointed today in the top sets but could tell wouldn't be a great day. Still think 425/ 310/ 490 is still possible for the meet.