DaPack..Fighting Age One Day at a Time

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Funny that you've picked up a quad dominate plan here. I've been thinking the past few days to really make quads a major priority for the next month since I think they may be one of my weak points on my squats. After a life time of being told that most american athletes are quad dominant and I need to build may posterior better, I've realized that my posterior is likely my strength and my quads are my weakness 😅
Noticed leading up to the meet and at the meet that is my weak area in squats. Do the last set each week with a pause on the last rep made me realize this since I am decent in the hole and also compete in wraps getting out of the hole should never be an issue unless the lift is going to be a complete failure.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 24th, 2023 (Monday)

Bench;
4 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs
3 sets 1 rep 250lbs, 260lbs, 270lbs

CGBP;
4 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 160lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
4 sets 11 reps

Triceps Roll Backs, EZ Bar;
4 sets 11 reps

Day of the meet pretty sure I could have hit 320 to 325lbs gym bench and been about 4 years since I hit 315lbs. Had visions that today it would happen but the prep and meet really took a lot out of me. This week and next are suppose to be a walkthrough anyways and now I realize the stress my body is under.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Noticed leading up to the meet and at the meet that is my weak area in squats. Do the last set each week with a pause on the last rep made me realize this since I am decent in the hole and also compete in wraps getting out of the hole should never be an issue unless the lift is going to be a complete failure.
since I've been lifting with my buddy who has been a strength coach in the past we noticed even though I low bar as much as I can, my chest is staying upright like a high bar, and it looks like my quads are slacking big time. yesterday I went quad focused for my squat day and ended with some back squats, (rather than doing back squats first, front squats after) and I instantly saw a difference in how my quads engaged, hopefully it helps...

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
since I've been lifting with my buddy who has been a strength coach in the past we noticed even though I low bar as much as I can, my chest is staying upright like a high bar, and it looks like my quads are slacking big time. yesterday I went quad focused for my squat day and ended with some back squats, (rather than doing back squats first, front squats after) and I instantly saw a difference in how my quads engaged, hopefully it helps...
That is how I use to squat too then my coach fixed it. A lot of the tutorials on line seem to always preach the chest up/ hips (sit) back on squats and in truth it seems for raw lifters that is not the case. That is another thing my coach fixed is how I was sitting back on squats and just not move the hips a little to start. Still working on technic for squats but def notice the difference.

Last edited:
dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 26th, 2023 (Wednesday)

Average Weekly Weight: 204lbs**Time to get diet in check. Want to be close to 190 by August

Incline Press;
5 sets 4 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 185lbs, 195lbs, 210lbs
2 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 240lbs**Been 5 years since I did these

SSB Squats;
4 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs

Front Squats;
4 sets 5 reps 135lbs**Last set was good but the others pretty awful. One set was choking myself with the bar

Leg Press, Single Leg;
3 sets 11 reps

Still trying to figure out again front squats but last set was pretty good. For bench going back from what I did ages ago and that was to have 1 day of each of OHP's, bench and inclines. Seemed to work good in the past so will give it a try again. Pretty easy workout overall and happy with my layouts so far. Will just add extra set as time goes on. My motivation is super low right now and fatigue seems to be running high so will cruise next few weeks. Have vacation in 1.5 weeks and after that week have training for a week so will be nice stretch coming up to recoup.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
your incline press looks huge to me. I'm not sure I've even attempted that much before.
you're definitely due for a vacation, probably come back and accidentally PR something lol

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
your incline press looks huge to me. I'm not sure I've even attempted that much before.
you're definitely due for a vacation, probably come back and accidentally PR something lol
Was looking for incline 300x3 and 315x2 lol that was when my bench was consistently around the 350 to 365 range. Those days ate long gone. Guess can set above 50 years old prs

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Was looking for incline 300x3 and 315x2 lol that was when my bench was consistently around the 350 to 365 range. Those days ate long gone. Guess can set above 50 years old prs
I don't buy it!
Dude you're like 10 years older than me and still hitting PRs. I already have people telling me at 40 I can't do what I did at 30 and I'm hitting PRs. I'm counting on you to show me what I can do in ten years lol

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
April 30th, 2023 (Sunday)

Average Weekly Weight: 203lbs (-1lb)

Front Squats;
5 sets 5 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs**Little redness in my adam's apple from the bar afterwards but starting to get it again

Super Set; 5 sets
--1a. OHP's; 4 reps 100lbs, 115lbs, 130lbs, 140lbs, 145lbs
--1b. Leg Extensions; 15 reps

Super Set; 5 sets
--2a. Leg Press; 11 reps
--2b. Ahrens Press; 20 reps

Cardio; 20 mins

38 mins total so was happy with time and felt way better today than last week.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 1st, 2023 (Monday)

Super Sets; 3 sets
--1a. Face Pulls
--1b. Stiff Arm Pull Downs

Bench;
5 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 200lbs, 215lbs, 230lbs, 245lbs
3 sets 1 rep 260lbs, 270lbs, 275lbs
1 set 5 reps 245lbs
1 set 4 reps 200lbs

CGBP;
4 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
4 sets 13 reps

Tricep Roll Backs, EZ Bar;
4 sets 11 reps

Super Set; 3 sets
--1a. Dbl Front Raises
--1b. Dbl Rear Delts
--1c. Dbl Side Laterals

Defranco Pull Apart;
3 sets 15 reps

A little disappointed in bench but still recovering probably from the meet and leading up to the meet bench was peaking so not getting solid multiple reps @ 275lbs on bench in not a biggie right now. In a few more weeks should be repping it again.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 2nd, 2023 (Tuesday)

Cardio; 25 mins

Deads;
3 sets 3 reps 225lbs (DE)
5 sets 3 reps 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs, 375lbs
2 sets 1 rep 405lbs, 425lbs

Super Set; 4 sets
--1a. RDL's, Banded; 9 reps
--1b. Leg Curls; 11 reps

Standing Single Leg Curls;
3 sets 11 reps

Hamstrings were aching afterwards.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So not tear in my biceps so seem go to go. Had to google most of it and just sounds like I am getting old.
FINDINGS:

The proximal biceps longus tendon appears to be grossly intact within the shoulder joint and upper arm, and is normally situated within the bicipital groove the proximal humerus.

The biceps labral anchor and cephalad margin of the glenoid labrum shows mildly irregular contours and interstitial T2 hyperintensity, indicating degeneration versus degenerative tear.

Glenohumeral joint shows nonuniform articular cartilage thinning and irregularity thickness cartilage loss noted along the lower aspect of the joint, degenerative subchondral sclerosis and cystic changes in lower bony glenoid, marginal spurring of the humeral head and glenoid.

The acromioclavicular joint is partially included, and shows similar moderate degenerative arthrosis.

The rotator cuff tendons are grossly intact, no focal full-thickness or partial-thickness tear is visible.

The subscapularis tendon, supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendon, do show thickening and interstitial intermediate increased signal from degeneration.

Fluid and edema are present in the subacromial-subdeltoid bursa.

IMPRESSION:

1. The proximal biceps longus tendon is grossly intact.
2. Degeneration versus degenerative tear of the superior glenoid labrum and biceps labral anchor.
3. Moderate degenerative arthrosis glenohumeral and acromioclavicular joints.
4. Rotator cuff degenerative tendinosis, without focal tear.
5. Subacromial/subdeltoid bursitis.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing torn, some understandable and expected wearing of parts - life is good!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 3rd, 2023 (Wednesday)

SSB Squats;
5 sets 3 reps 200lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs

Front Squats;
4 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 150lbs, 165lbs, 185lbs

Leg Press, Single Leg;
4 sets 11 rep

Incline Press;
5 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs, 215lbs
3 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 240lbs, 245lbs

Incline Dbl Press;
3 sets 15 reps

Biceps;
100 reps**Kept light weight, high reps

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 3rd, 2023 (Wednesday)

SSB Squats;
5 sets 3 reps 200lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs, 260lbs, 275lbs

Front Squats;
4 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 150lbs, 165lbs, 185lbs

Leg Press, Single Leg;
4 sets 11 rep

Incline Press;
3 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 240lbs, 245lbs

Incline Dbl Press;
3 sets 15 reps

Biceps;
100 reps**Kept light weight, high reps
Solid session!!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 15th, 2023 (Monday)

Deads;
3 sets 3 reps 225lbs (DE)
1 set 3 reps 275lbs
1 set 2 reps 315lbs
3 sets 1 rep 350lbs, 385lbs, 405lbs

Bench;
1 set 3 reps 185lbs
1 set 2 reps 205lbs
4 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 245lbs, 260lbs, 270lbs

RDL's, Banded;
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Curls;
3 sets 11 reps

Seated Dbl Press;
4 sets 11 reps

Super Set; 3 sets
--1a. Dbl Front Raises
--1b. Dbl Lateral Raises
--1c. Dbl Bent Over Raises

Just sort of a test today one my dead/ bench, probably had +20ish left on both. Last 4 weeks no consistency in sessions, diet and sleep so trying to get back on track. Tomorrow is the only other day I can lift this week so trying to get a general idea were I am at. Have about 11 to 12 weeks until I pick up my coach again and feel deads need to be around 475lbs and gym bench of 315ish before I start with him if I want a chance at an elite total in December. Probably test out again in 10 weeks or so.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How was your vacation?
Feel good to get back on the gym?
It was very eventful. Some good and some not so good. This week is training so another relaxing week and tomorrow is range day so at least get to shot some on the states dime. Kind of excited to go back to work next week and get a routine going again.

Last edited:
dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally catching up. Congrats on last month’s meet! Solid! That coaching is paying off it would seem
Thanks. Glad was finally in a position for be able to get a coach. Definitely paid off big time.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 16th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Squats;
2 sets 3 reps 185lbs. 205lbs
2 sets 2 reps 225lbs, 250lbs
5 sets 1 rep 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs, 380lbs**Lifetime no wrap PR

OHP's;
2 sets 3 reps 95lbs, 110lbs
2 sets 2 reps 125lbs, 140lbs
3 sets 1 rep 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs

Really don't know what happened today. After yesterday was hoping to hit between 315 and 325 and never seen this coming. Almost stopped at 350lbs but said screw it that is what the safety bars are for. Was pretty depressed after yesterday's session but now at least feel like I have a fighting chance again for the December meet.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Squats;
2 sets 3 reps 185lbs. 205lbs
2 sets 2 reps 225lbs, 250lbs
5 sets 1 rep 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs, 350lbs, 380lbs**Lifetime no wrap PR
dude!!!! 😅😅😅
we need vacations more often!!

This week is training so another relaxing week and tomorrow is range day so at least get to shot some on the states dime.
at least you guys still get to have real pew pews. Inslee just passed that new ban up here so my step son went out and bought two AR's the day before it was instated lol

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Congrats! That’s such a great feeling, every time!
It is considering how horrible the day before was. Next week will get everything back on track. Diet, nutrition, sleep and workouts. A lot of work to do until early August.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Still don't understand how. Thinking maybe the front squats and SSB are paying off even though my sessions have been spotty lately.
I still don't really fully understand how to know when I'll PR and when I won't. Most PRs for me have come when I truly did not think I'd even have a great session. The days I schedule PR attempts it usually doesn't work out

But the one consistency for sure is a week vacation usually leads to a good couple of sessions when I return. I think that last big deadlift PR I had came after a week off (and a week of tacos)

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 21st, 2023 (Sunday)

Weight: 207lbs (Party time needs to end, getting out of control)

Front Squats;
7 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 150lbs, 165lbs, 180lbs, 195lbs, 210lbs, 225lbs

Deads;
4 sets 7 reps 225lbs

OHP's;
2 sets 7 reps 95lbs, 105lbs
2 sets 5 reps 120lbs, 130lbs
2 sets 3 reps 140lbs, 150lbs

Super Set, 3 sets;
--1a. Leg Press, 11 reps
--1b. Ahrens Press, 20 reps

Leg Press, Single Leg;
3 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

Weighed 207lbs this morning and have about 11 weeks to get close to 190lbs. Have company until Wednesday so diet will have to wait until Thursday to get back on track. Was nice to get back to work to get some sort of schedule going, though getting up at 330am was pretty brutal after 2 weeks of getting up between 6 and 7am. Workout took 55 mins but pretty happy with the time and amount of work I got in. Most I have ever done in front squats I believe but really only have done it around 30ish times so really not going to consider it a PR. Think when I hit 250x3 and 275x1 will consider that a good PR starting point. Main thing this week is to get workouts in and come Thursday start getting diet in check.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Weighed 207lbs this morning and have about 11 weeks to get close to 190lbs. Have company until Wednesday so diet will have to wait until Thursday to get back on track. Was nice to get back to work to get some sort of schedule going, though getting up at 330am was pretty brutal after 2 weeks of getting up between 6 and 7am. Workout took 55 mins but pretty happy with the time and amount of work I got in. Most I have ever done in front squats I believe but really only have done it around 30ish times so really not going to consider it a PR.
there is probably some science to it but I feel like a little yo yo in the dieting seems to lead to solid results. I feel like when I cut a lot of weight, then suddenly put it back on my body better utilizes those nutrients. Sorta like with this fasting business. If I don't eat for 36hrs then carb up the next day the results are phenomenal for such a short window.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 22nd, 2023 (Monday)

Bench;
6 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs, 260lbs
1 set 1 rep 270lbs
1 set 3 reps 245lbs
1 set 5 reps 225lbs

CGBP;
4 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 145lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs**Taking these out, hurts my shoulders

Flat Dbl Press;
4 sets 7 reps

EZ Triceps Rollbacks;
4 sets 11 reps

Triceps;
100 reps

Suppose to be my Friday but signed up for OT over my weekend so will see how the gym is around 3ish tomorrow. Sleep has been horrible so happy with today's session. Wanted to do more but to tired and felt accomplished what I needed to.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 23rd 2023 (Tuesday)

Deads;
3 sets 3 reps 225lbs
3 sets 3 reps 275lbs, 300lbs, 325lbs
1 set 1 rep 350lbs

RDLs;**banded
4 sets 9 reps

Leg Curls;
4 sets 11 reps

Single Leg Curls;
4 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

Shut deads down do it being one of the worst session in years. 350lbs felt extremely heavy. So worn down do to bad sleep and deads are not very forgiving when super tired. Plus side is destroyed my hammies.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
May 31st, 2023 (Tuesday)

Bench;
2 sets 1 rep 255lbs, 265lbs
1 set 3 reps 275lbs

CGBP;
4 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 185lbs, 200lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
5 sets 11 reps

Triceps Roll Backs;
4 sets 11 reps

Picked up 4 shifts last week and with the holiday not much of a lifting week. All of May seems like wasted month but at least gave my body sometime to rest. Was surprised on the top set of bench since was expected the worst. Definitely had 4 reps and pretty sure 5 with it being a grinder. No spotter so decided not to push it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if it's any consolation I busted my ass all of May and I benched 260 x 3 today, you feel like it was a wasted month but slammed out a 275 x 3 lol seems like you are doing just fine!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 1st, 2023 (Thursday)

Front Squats;
4 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 160lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs
3 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 245lbs, 260lbs**Last set almost ended up being a Zecher Squat cause the bar slipped down on me

Deads;
4 sets 2 reps 225lbs (DE)
1 set 9+10 reps 250lbs

So keeping deads simple. This week 9 reps and every rep over will add +5lbs next week, +50lbs or 300lbs. Next week is 7+ reps.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 5th, 2023 (Monday)

Bench;
3 sets 1 rep 255lbs, 265lbs, 275lbs
1 set 4 reps 280lbs
1 set 3 reps 250lbs
1 set 5 reps 225lbs

CGBP;
4 sets 7 reps 135lbs, 155lbs, 170lbs, 185lbs

Flat Dbl Press;
4 sets 11 reps

Tricep Roll Backs;
4 sets 11 reps

Everything was moving slow and after 275lbs was going to take 285lbs for a single but gym was crowded so said screw it and would ask for a spot and try 280lbs for reps. Highest my bench has been before covid hit. On a really good day think I am getting close to 3 wheels again.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 6th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Deads;
5 sets 2 reps 225lbs (DE)
2 sets 1 rep 275lbs, 300lbs
1 set 7+5 reps 300lbs**Next week 325lbs for 5+

Leg Curls
4 sets 11 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

A little short on time so did what I could

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 6th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Weight: 208lbs** Waist 42", got to get this under control

Front Squats;
7 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 160lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs**PR

Incline Press;
3 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs

Leg Press;
4 sets 11 reps

OHP's;
4 strs 7 reps 95lbs, 105lbs, 115lbs, 130lbs

Single Leg Press;
3 sets 9 reps

Really need to get everything outside the gym in check. My diet, sleep, nutrition and cardio is horrible. Just been in a slump and need to bust out of it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
June 6th, 2023 (Tuesday)

Weight: 208lbs** Waist 42", got to get this under control

Front Squats;
7 sets 3 reps 135lbs, 160lbs, 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs**PR

Incline Press;
3 sets 1 rep 225lbs, 240lbs, 250lbs

Leg Press;
4 sets 11 reps

OHP's;
4 strs 7 reps 95lbs, 105lbs, 115lbs, 130lbs

Single Leg Press;
3 sets 9 reps

Really need to get everything outside the gym in check. My diet, sleep, nutrition and cardio is horrible. Just been in a slump and need to bust out of it.
Set alarms for bedtime. Sleep is very important for hunger control and fatloss efforts. Also, set an alarm for cardio and have a plan for how you are going to get it in, however much you decide you need/how often, and just start. Start today.

Regarding nutrition, stop buying anything that doesn’t jive, and stop making excuses to eat out unless it’s something you truly feel is healthy. Nutrition isn’t about being fancy; it’s about avoiding trash and being fairly consistent. You don’t need the best action; you just need to take action.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Set alarms for bedtime. Sleep is very important for hunger control and fatloss efforts. Also, set an alarm for cardio and have a plan for how you are going to get it in, however much you decide you need/how often, and just start. Start today.

Regarding nutrition, stop buying anything that doesn’t jive, and stop making excuses to eat out unless it’s something you truly feel is healthy. Nutrition isn’t about being fancy; it’s about avoiding trash and being fairly consistent. You don’t need the best action; you just need to take action.
Agree with all. Just need to get moving and quit screwing around and stop saying "Next week"

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
June 11th, 2023 (Sunday)

Weight: 209lbs

Squats, High Bar/ Narrow;
4 sets 3 reps 185lbs, 225lbs, 250lbs, 275lbs
3 sets 1 rep 300lbs, 315lbs, 330lbs**PR, no wraps

Deads;
4 sets 7 reps 225lbs

Leg Press;
3 sets 11 reps

Leg Extensions;
3 sets 13 reps

Biceps;
100 reps

Cardio; 30 mins

Decided not to pick up any extra shifts this week at work and just sleep and relax. Best weeks worth of sleep I have had in a long time. Deads are still horrible but squats seems to be on a little run. In past 4 weeks have 3 PRs in different variations and also bench is the best it has been in years. Deads are a tricky thing when worn down, not just tired, and seems that effects them the most for me. Diet is getting better and usually gain a pound or two after cleaning it up do to the fact the food I am now eating is more dense, weighs more. Use to have 210lbs as my line in the sand for weight but with my age and height after I lose this weight will make it 190lbs. Overall doing no OT this week and getting 8+ hours of sleep a night this is the best I have felt in a couple of months.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice PR - glad to hear you got some good sleep and recovery too! I doubt that squat PR is a coincidence.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice PR - glad to hear you got some good sleep and recovery too! I doubt that squat PR is a coincidence.
Thanks. Needed a week with no OT. Knew this time of year was going to be tough but not this tough.