DanTman's CUTTING log...starting 11/13/05

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
FINALLY!!!!! I have been meaning to do this for quite some time, finally forked over some cash( still have lots left...im a saver:hammer: ) even though i have a 5.15/hour job at Kroger, LMAO...oh well

I got the program today, but outlook express said it removed the file because it could be a virus.....i was PISSED b/c i didnt know it was fixable.....so after b*tching for a while i looked up on the internet on how to fix it.Got it fixed and started looking over my plan. VERY IMPRESSED!

all is well besides the fact that i have a home gym and im going to have to get creative with the freweights and replace some lifts with others that i can execute( IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS LET ME KNOW!!!!!!). Other than that everything looks good to go....i dont think ill have to much a problem with the diet......meals look( or sound) very compact and portable, so all my fears of not finding time to eat are not to much to worry about now......so it seems.

The workouts are going to kick my ass...bad....i am used to LOW volume routines and rest pause schemes...DC training if u know what that is. ( i loved this routine)

Well yeah i am looking to cut to 12% or below( preferably below) I plan on doing more than the 8 weeks with this plan.

here are some quick stats.....

17 years old

5'8ish

217lbs

20ish% BF

measurements will be given at the start of my log. i might do pics also...idk yet.

I am def looking foward to this, im going to have to cut my work hours short.....balancing school, work, and this wont be easy...but ****, it needs to get done.

One last thing before i start rambling, is the fact in which i cant use supplements....ahhhh it bugs me....i know i dont need them but i feel like nothing without them.....its all mental no doubt but i feel like i NEED BCAA's and creatine ATLEAST, but Bobo is the genius here so what he says goes.

AND, is it okay to not have that cheat day?? i MIGHT one week out of the 8 but if it will hinder gains then i wont have one. is it just to keep us sane??

thats it...till monday.

peace.

zaph123

Board Supporter
Awards
Good luck all i heard was good stuff!

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Congrats on taking that step in ensuring a healthy lifestyle. Supplements are just that they supplement the healthy diet which is supposed to be the foundation. Keep on doin the damn thing, and keep us posted !!!:thumbsup:

IRserge

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm pleased to see you finally look the plunge and joined the circus lol. No you don't truley need the cheat meals, espacially at 20%. I'm sure Bobo will tell you if you ask him but all that talk about raising leptin levels is only if yoour around the 10-12% range. I didn't cheat for 28 weeks, you can do the same bro, keep your head in it and don't get distracted. Oh yeah, go to the back of the members section and look through the early threads, most of your questions can be answered there.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Alright, here are a few general stats.

height:5'7-8"

and here are the important ones. ALL TAKEN COLD.

-updated weekly-

weight- tomorrow morning, every monday

- updated end of 8th week-

arms R/L- 16" ----- 15 3/4"
chest- 44"
Upper legs R/L- 28"------28"
waist- 39" ( WTF!?!?! )
BF%- ?? 20ish

well there it is, the waist measurment is weird because i could wear a 33-34 pants size if it wasnt so tight around my legs and ass making me look like an EMO kid.

-goals-

get stronger
gain LBM
learn, gain knowlege about nutrition for future reference
get to single digit BF%
to be succsesful with the plan( ie, not screw it up)

thats it for now i guess

i start tomorrow( the 14th but my plan said the 13th) and so far i think ill be fine, the only thing that might give me difficulties is the routine, but i'l figure it all out.

game on:duel:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

weight- 222( morning, clothed) 220.8( before workout, not clothed)

well, this was the first day and i ahd just got done eatine my post w/o meal.

So far the food has been gross....but its just the way i eat it, i precooked it and packed it in the fridge the night before....woke up at 4:30 and had some ( dont know if its okay to post here)....i gagged every bite, then wwent to bed again, later on in the day things went smoother, cept the ( again dont know if i could post outside the private forums) started getting to me. I will start spicing things up making them more tolerable....other than that diet was 100% today, even though i still got 1 meal left. Eating at school wasnt as difficult as i thought.....i just run to my brothers car before school starts and at lunch and chow down....hope i dont get caught.

Now the workouts....WTF! they sorta remind me how i felt on UD2.0 depletion days....the first 2 sets on flat bench went awesome then i couldnt finish the other sets, i was getting 4 reps and then 3 reps and it sucked, i couldnt finish the workout correctley, and overall had a shitty workout....BUT i havent touched a weight in about 6 or so weeks( scince sep 20th) and i guess i have some adapting to do, plus i kept the same weight on the bar the whole time, PLUS i am use to low volume. So add all that up and thats gonna equal disaster. Ill be hurting tomorrow. Cant wait till leg day, ugh...yeah rite:smite:
But i guess i just have to man up and deal with it, after all everytime i start a new routine and diet i get off to a rough start, then with time it starts to become a second nature and things all come together and i "get in the groove'', im hoping thats what happens hear.

other than that im looking foward to the results.

i seriously want to learn to dance like this:dance:

peace.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are probably going to be sore for a long time after this week and you might have to skip some days. If you can't finish all the sets don't worry about it. That is ok and has happened to people because it takes time to get used to this type of workout. Just be patient and you will adapt in time. Do NOT go overboard. Just take your time and everything will work out.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

well day two is coming to an end. There is good news and bad news.

Good news is that i enjoyed the food, just added some spices and used some good hot sauce and it rocked.

Bad news, that really bugs me is the workout. It was backday and all i have to work with are freeweights, it was horrible....i got some rows done but they didnt feel like my chest did yesterday, then i tried some deadlifts which were doing their job but i started thinking about how it would affect leg day. I need to get this together....if anyone has ideas for back exercises please post them up...they need to be freeweight. Actually i think being so damn sore all over my upperbody had something to do with it, because i have enough lifts do do , its just that i could not execute them, pullups for example...no way in hell with my shoulder chest and lat soreness. Just a little dissapointed right now....feels like i just wasted a day of good dieting, even though that might not be the case. Other than that i am trilled about the food today.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Diet was to the T today and the food was awesome...its amazing what a little flavor can do. So its going well right now.....still VERY SORE, idk how im going to do tri's tomorrow, they are destroyed.

All i have left today are two meals and some cardio( i missed my morning cardio this morning ....if i use treadmil at home it will wake my family up.....so i guess im going to walk outside at 4-5 in the morning then go back to bed) unless of course evening cardio is alright, which i am about to do.

thats it for today :wave:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Today was a great day overall, woke up and triceps werent as sore as they were yesterday so i blasted them today and i still feel like my tri's are 20lb sacks of granite.

accidentally missed a meal , and didnt finish another meal because of time but made up for it later on along with other meals....i wont make it a habbit....promise.

so far so good.:thumbsup:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

LEG DAY......

i dont want to write wahat was really on my minds for the fear of being banned but WOW is all i gotta say.

That was insane, very intesne. And it hurt like a ****** ******. It kicked my ass.

BUT......it was the best day so far!!!

I got the best workout today than any other day so far. After squats i was truly blown to pieces. I couldnt lunge my own damn body weight, but i did get hamstring cramp which didnt help.

I had been fearing this workout all day and got al anxious and nervous beforehand but to my suprise it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought...i KINDA liked it i guess.

I think that doing widowmakers( 20 rep squats) in my old routine helped immensly with the squating. Other than that i was toast....on all other exercises my leggs were shaking/throbbing...right now my legs wont extend all the way and im walking kinda funny.

I will feel like i got run over my a truck tomorrow morning.

sry for the long post but one more thing......anyone ever get that thing ...when ur legs are really sore and ur waling and all of a sudden a legs or leags give out and u do this weird ' half squat step'...well i get this at school and people are like..."what the hell was that", maybe its just me but i get this all the time after leg day and just want to see if anyone knows what im talking about.

well thats it.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Today was the best day so far, diet was nothing shy of 100% and my bi's workout was awesome......it hurt alot and was waaaaaay more volume than im use to, felt full and bigger after this workout so i decided to measure my arms and they were almost 17". With the myotape i could put it on 17, slide my arm in and it would stay on but that wouldnt be a true measurment.
So, awesome workout. Did cardio afterwards and it was hard dude to extremely sore legs....walking DOWN stairs and hills is the worst though.....i went to watch some wrestling duals today( i use to wreslte) and walked like i had a rusty sword up my ass.....there was a gym full of people so i tried my best not to pull the little ' half squat/lunge' stunt, but to no avail.....it happened about twice so i just tried to play it of all cool.

i might have that cheat meal tomorrow but it wont be a 'cheat' meal.

im thinking.....

subway

i want some chinease but idk the fat content of that stuff.....maybe some hot and sour soup.

OR just a ton of brown rice and chicken.......

then again i might not even cheat.

week 1 almost over.:hammer:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 7

Week 1 is over!!!!!

felt so nice to have the day off today....even though i was workoing on school work ALL day.......im one hell of a procrastinator.

still coming up with some badass recepies to make even canned chicken taste heavenly( or maybe im just adapting)

Its been great the last few days and tomorrow marks the begining of week 2. Will have a weigh in tomorrow before breakfast and will update that night.

other than that the food preperation has been keeping me pretty busy......i feel like a chef at night when im making all the food for the next day.......got something cooking everywhere trying to keep up with it all....meh, its kinda fun though.

oh, and i did have a "cheat meal" tonight if u want to call it that......i had about 2 cups of brown rice and a cinnamon raisin bagel dipped in cool whip FREE(mmmmmmmm) not much fat at all.

thats it, week 2 here we come!:whip:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

well the start of week 2.

Nothing new to really report today.....havent worked out yet......i got chest today but my tri's are still pretty sore, im going to go see if warming them up makes them feel ready.....if so then yeah ill lift, if they are still sore then i wont because i was told not to go overboard. The legs are still killing me, got some comments in team sports today on the way i was running/moving while playing badmitten. Walking down stairs is still a chore.

if i dont workout i will find some way to hit the chest a little in my tri's workout on thursday.

oh and weighed in at 222.8 this morning. I am up about a pound scince the start. This is supposed to happen.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 9

I REALLY need to get my ass to a gym, its prolly just me but this freeweight only thing is so damn difficult. Today was backday, it went pretty good actually, until rows and deadlifts were done, then i was trying these lifts i had planned to do in place of the ones listed in my plan and ran into all kinds of trouble. Its still early and i hope i figure it all out soon.:trout:

diet was 100% today.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

Well, today isnt near over but ill update now.

We have school off today and the rest of the week and i have caught up on some much needed sleep.

today is an off day from training which also feels good.....

diet has been 100% today and it will remain 100% so no problems there.

I need to take some pics every week to see my progress.

tomorrow is thanksgiving and yes i am going to eat up.....its all good though because all the good desserts and stuff my mom made are low fat, and other than dessert thanksgiving food in generally pretty healthy( turkey, potatoes, greens ect ect)

tri's tomorrow.......i remember liking all wokout days after chest and back because finding lifts is easy......somewhat.

other than that, i quit my job a week or so ago, f*cking kroger.....going to take a while off from that.

also ordered some protein from All The Whey...orange and chocolate plus sample of all the flavors, i ran out of substance wpi and am currently using unflavored isolate:sad: so i cant wait for some flavors.

well i gotta go eat.

bye

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Im going to go ahead and update now. Today is going to be sort off an 'day off from dieting' meaning im not going to have all of my meals today. Thanksgiving kinda threw me off schedule, i can even go in the kitchen and cook right now because everthing is all hectic in thee right now.

so my whole food list today will be thanksgiving food, and as i stated in my last post it will be 'good' food, not really a cheat scince its not cheat food material.

everything else will go as normal though, ill still lift as usual and get right back on track tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving:woohoo:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uh....huh?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you mean you cna't update?

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
when i go to post it says the page connot be found, i try quick reply and it will only let me do short post.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it still doing it?

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

tried to post earlier today after spending 30 mins typing the damn thing, but page could not be found and went back and message was erased....TWICE

diet 100% today.....i really do like this diet, its easy.....for now anyways

routine- im thinking about switching routines as im running into to many brick walls with the limited equipment i have.
I know my results will be efected but its worth it to me.....again its only a thought, nothing is for sure as of yet.

if however i do make the switch, when i start driving( jan. sometime) i will get to a gym and switch right back.

BUT, if i do switch for now, ill make damn sure that everything is folowed to the f*cking " T " i will try the new routine out starting monday and if /when progress comes to a hault, ill either go to Bobo for diet manipulation and if that dont work ill just have to make do and do the existing routine.

I'll do my research in the meantime on what lifts i can subsitute for oneanother.

* this is yesterdays update*

......guess not, thanks.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you jsut type all that out and post it? I have someone else that had the same problems last night into today and I have since rebooted the server about 30 minutes ago and wondering if the problems is gone.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

juat got back from doing some cardio.....which felt GREAT for some reason, i had this ' on top of the world' feeling, i dont know why but it was awesome.

did i mention, I LOVE THIS DIET!!!( so far)

i never really have cravings at all! im not even all that hungry, its just when another meal comes up i just think "sweet" and eat up. I have that half hungry/satisfied feeling all day.....feels like my metabolism is a furnace. I woulda never thought that this would be the case when i was gagging every bite the first day.

diet was 90% today because i had to have a potatoe.....i had no other carb source except for those mini bagels so i combined it with baked french fries( fat free, potatoe wedges in the oven) they taste better than the real thing. Wont happen again as i went and picked up some bagels.

i also got the OK to work with a diff routine which i am stoked about.

im loving this **** right now:hammer:

OH and i was 219.( idk) this morning.....just weighed for fun but 3 pounds is three pounds.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
no, i learned from my mistake last night when i spent half an hour typing a huge update twice, i everntually saved it on word, and just copied and pasted.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well it look like its fixed as the other person isn't having any problems either. It was a stupid server issue. If one is rebooted, they both need to be or you have problems. My web guy rebooted only one and didn't reboot the other yesterday. It has since been fixed.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
^ awesome......i am still going to hit COPY everytime i make a long post :)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Week 2 coming to an end, day off today except for cardio.

probably wont cheat today because weight has been coming off very nicley.

Bobo, is it ok to start updating on Sudays? because on monday i weigh in at 4:30 and i think thats too early, because i eat then go back to bed until about 7 and wake up with a morning piss.

if sunday is ok then......

week 1 - 222.8
week 2 - 215.8

thats 7 pouns?!?!?!?! alot of it might be water....BUT i do look thinner in the mirror, i was suprised this morning.....i actually looked tighter and leaner. Hmmm, awesome!

ill weigh in monday too just incase theres another pound or two that will be lost.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 15

week 3 is here......its going by too fast.

change of plans again, im sticking with the regular routine....the one Bobo made.

I had a really nice chest workout tonight and i think im finally catching on to this new style of training.

diet was 100% today.

ts'all

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

Back day went pretty good, i thinks its all a matter of getting used to this type of training. Deads and rows keep kicking my ass affecting some other lifts.....but once i adjust it will not be a problem.

One thing i learned is that im doing deads and rows AFTER everything else, and that should help a whole lot.

Diet was 100%....my appetite is starting to ramp up a little, so i guess i could say ' im feelin it'.

day off from weights tomorrow, im looking foward to cardio and sleep.

:yawn:

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Wow seven pounds in two weeks?

Thats great! Good work staying with the program.

Your proof enough that all you young healthy guys with all those hormones floating around don't need alot of supps or drugs. Just a good diet and trainning.

Thanks for keeping such a good journal.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

Day off from weights today felt pretty good, got home ate a emal and slept for 2 hours wich made a hell of a difference in how good i feel.

Diet was a little off today, i woke up late and got rushed out of the door so i couldnt finsh breakfast and didnot have a meal 2.....so diet wasnt near as goodas i wanted it to be today....il make up for it by not having a cheat meal sunday.

ryano- thanks for the kind words

going to bed early tonight.....but i must watch the new southpark:rofl: :woohoo:

well, i gotta go :run:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 18

YES!!!!!

training- 100%

diet- 100%

today was a great day.....prob the best day as of yet because everything was pretty much perfect.

Im starting to like the workouts(cept leg day:nutkick: ), today was tri's day and it kicked ass, im getting the feel for this type of lifting.....yeah i had to lighten up the weights big time and felt like a bitch but all is well and im happy that the problems i originally had are diminishing.

diet went the same......now if only i could keep it like this everyday:twisted:

one thing i noted was this is very time consuming.....i just realized today that most of my time is spent eating, lifting, or preparing meals.....i also dont go out to much anymore, but hey single digit bf% or low double digits are worth it.

got to go prepare tomorrows meals.......out:run:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 19

well, leg day went pretty well, still need to adjust because after extensions and squats today i cant lunge to much weight. I am definatley improving in the squat area though.....completed all sets and reps, but i did drop 10 pounds every other set.

Diet was 95% today, because i ate my pre workout meal 2 hours before i actually worked out.....i took a nap and overslept.

other than meal timing diet was 100%

BTW, allthewhey protein kicks ass. I was mixing it in a cup with a knife for a while and it wasnt bad( but thought it wasnt all it was hyped up to be) but then i put it in the blender and it came out amazing.....very frothy and damn good....only need to mix for 2 seconds in blender, too much more and it might turn to cool whip( maybe not but it will be very light and foofy)

well, im happy today is over ;)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 20

today was bi day and the absolute best day of training yet, everything went perfect........no confusion or anything...i loved it and now i hope all workouts get like this.

Diet was 100%

i am starting to notice that my appetite is increasing.

tomorrow is a day off which is cool and i like the menue tomorrow, lots of bagels:study: and a cheat meal but i prolly wont have it.

did i mention that i love AlltheWhey protein? chocolate mint= chocolate mint ice cream

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 21

well heres the update.

weight- 219.0 (+3)from last week ( - 3.8 lbs) from the start

i know i was going to post this at the end of the program but ill do a week 4 update.

waist- 39 1/4 ( down from 40)
arms- 16+ ( up from 15 3/4 ish)
Thigh- 27 1/2 ( down from 28 1/2)

i emailed bobo updates and asked about the weight gain. He said that it happens to many people...i basically gained LBM and lost fat. He said to enjoy it now because it doesnt last.

sounds good to me

so far so good......now i have GOT to take pics TODAY so i can start comparing week to week.

oh, and this seemed kind of weird......my legs are sore as hell today but they werent really sore at all yesterday( the day after legs) idk just thought that was strange.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your measurements go up but the waist goes down, enjoy while you can. It won't last :(

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 22

Definatly adjusting now.....chest workout was ace, right on the money.

completed all sets and reps, went up in weight, doesnt hurt as much.....besides those last few reps, its really not that hard at all, im liking it now.

diet was 100% if u ignore a missed but made up for meal.

not going to school wednesday and going out to chinease.....i dont think i want to though....i dont know how damaging ching chong food is, i thnk they cook with alot of oil and stuff. Idk, i might just skip it, not sure.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 23

Back day went great......safe to say i like the routine now as it is going smoothly at the moment.

diet was 100%

overall good day.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 24

well, today was just one of those days i guess.

All i ate today was chinease food because i was out all day.....i was pretty pissed off but what can u do? Ill just get back on track tomorrow.

However it wasnt a glutony fest......i didnt feel any bloat or anyting...so i hope there wasnt too much damage done, i decided to just scratch this day and get a clean start tomorrow.

:mad:

EDIT: ****, i had i missed bobo's email with the new diet in it...he sent it the 5th and it is the 7th so i start it on the 8th......that was a complete my bad. See, just one of those days.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 25

Tri workout was great.....i was draggin ass beforehand and didnt really want to do it but when i started it felt awesome......

diet was 100% today.

i started the new diet today....its a little easier, way quicker too and its not all too much of a change.

thats it really

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 26

Leg day went good. It sucked but it was good.

Felt kinda sick/weird after squats and had to sit down for a few minutes.....felt fine....came back again during SLDL's then went away again, it was weird.

added 10 lbs to squats just for fun so that made things a little harder, still got the reps needed, my form was pretty sloppy today which i wasnt happy about.

diet was 100%.....

dont know if this is related to the vitamins or food i am taking/eating at night but i have been having some trippy kick ass dreams, the ones that are very vivid and last all night and end when u wake up( usually when the good stuff is about to happen). This isnt bad, i like it.

well i just ate my last meal,

im going to f*cking bed:yawn:

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 27

Bi's and shoulders went great, really felt the reps toards the end of sets....

Diet was 100%

cardio was fine as always

today was overall 100%

update tomorrow. despite the shitty wednesay i had i think i might pull off 2 lbs, we will see.

cant wait to see what i dream about tonight, its really cool.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
damnit, im such an idiot.

i woke up and went right to cardio, totally forgot to weigh in and take measurements.....i weighed and mesured after cardio but that wouldnt be to accurate.

i will have to update tomorrow

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 28

day off, felt good.....forgot to update as posted earlier.

didnt have a cheat today because of wednesdays disaster, BUT i did subsitute a bagel for brown rice, and i cooked some mushrooms and onions and threw them on top......damn it was a fine meal, ill eat that next time instead of chinease.

nothing has come up really.....i have 4 weeks of experience with this program under my belt so now its time to really buckle down and imrove even more diet/training wise.

i definaltey dont really feel like im cutting yet, i feel harder and a little bigger......arms have most certanly gotten bigger...hmmm guess im not used to sound nutrition.

well im going to sleep, hopefully i dont piss myself agin....this has happened twice now......but atleast im not alone ;)

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 29

chest workout was nothing but amazing, all the weights are up and didnt have to lower weight as much set to set, it seems that every workout gets better and better.

diet was good today, not 100% because i had to combine some of meal 2 to meal 3 beause of an error on my part, and my cafeteria had no skim left but other than that it was 100%

update weight

thats 3 some odd pounds over 4 weeks.....but my waist is down and some measuments are up so that means there was a little muscle gain in that period, its not going to last so when it does bottom out a little the weight should just melt off.

it feels like recomp a little

well see what this week brings.

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
Day 30

Back workout kicked ass.

Diet was about 95 % because mty last meal wasnt enough....i was supposed to have two but only had one....someone ate the other one:nutkick:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 9