Damage control

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t bother with a suit - the waist trainer and always wearing a snug belt makes more sense to me. And duct tape is actually a for real thing. I know a Masters Pro strongman who always lifts with a cotton ball and duct tape on over his herniated belly button. Many strongmen wear a Rehband soft/warming neoprene belt and then a hard power belt outside of that. Powerlifting doesn’t allow this, but if they did I would definitely do it for the squat. It provides a lot of the layered support of a suit under the belt without messing up your leg mobility or having to be in a god-awful suit.

Use one of these or similar, and put your belt over it directly over where your hernia is:

View attachment 194387

Also, try to train like a pro bodybuilder. I don’t want to say like a pussy, but if you can make it easier, seated, more isolated, lighter and just focus on total volume with lower rests, you can build a terrific beach physique and avoid injury. Chase the pump and push pain thresholds with methods like loaded stretching, giant & dropsets on isolations, etc. You can build great anterior muscles doing lots of isolations and machine type or seated movement. You will still be stronger than any non-lifter and look better than a stronger athlete anyway.

Strength and bodybuilding only really overlap so much.

Fouad Abiad said he could bench 500 like a bodybuilder, but I can out-deadlift him any day of the week. Our squat for reps is nearly identical. Do you wanna look like me, or Fouad “Hoss” Abiad?? I know who I’d rather look like!
Post noods so we can decide

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Post noods so we can decide
I actually just googled pics of him posing just now for this, found a fairly recent I thought was a great representation, and all the never-will-accomplish-anything r/bodybuilding trolls on reddit where it was posted are just HAMMERING his physique. “His lats are too high, he has a hamstring tear, look at that waistline, he has a gap between his pecs” blah blah blah.

If you had grown up in a real gym years ago where he trained you would have been amazed by any guy like that; he would have been the man! I swear all these fucking dorks probably wouldn’t give credit to the top 6 in the O; it’s like the internet has made them incapable of getting excited about anything they can’t project their own closet feelings of physical inadequacy onto.

You see the same thing on lifting videos on YouTube. Kids who haven’t totaled 1,100 in a meet talking **** about guys chasing double that.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I actually just googled pics of him posing just now for this, found a fairly recent I thought was a great representation, and all the never-will-accomplish-anything r/bodybuilding trolls on reddit where it was posted are just HAMMERING his physique. “His lats are too high, he has a hamstring tear, look at that waistline, he has a gap between his pecs” blah blah blah.

If you had grown up in a real gym years ago where he trained you would have been amazed by any guy like that; he would have been the man! I swear all these fucking dorks probably wouldn’t give credit to the top 6 in the O; it’s like the internet has made them incapable of getting excited about anything they can’t project their own closet feelings of physical inadequacy onto.

You see the same thing on lifting videos on YouTube. Kids who haven’t totaled 1,100 in a meet talking **** about guys chasing double that.
The problem with the internet and social media is that it gives everyone a voice, but not everyone doesn't deserve to be heard

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Soooo, lately I've been sleeping a little better through the night, only waking up like twice as opposed to my normal, idk like 4-8 times.

But I'm sweating through my shirt ever night that my first wake up I usually take it off and then I'm sweating less but still into the bedsheets. Also when I get over 212-215 I start snoring bad, I'm down to 205.8 but still snoring a lot apparently.

Also I don't ever really get pip but yesterday I could really feel a lot of pressure as I injected and today I'm sore as hell about 1in under where I took my shot.

I decided to add dienolone/synergen yesterday and that is the last addition I will make.

So far the changes I've noticed are my arms, upper chest and delts are filling back out a little, my waist is a little bit smaller, by about a 1/2 in. I'm still holding the majority of my bodyfat from my lower chest to my waist.

Also I drink about 110-150oz of pure water a day on top of coffee, herbal teas and occasionally a diet soda or something like that. So I should have assumed to be well hydrated, but I have noticed that when I wake up sweating and go take a leak in the middle of the night my urine is dark. Midday it clears out but then it's dark again the next night.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also missed 3 hours of planned cardio this week in the form of hiking due to lots of rain. Not too worried about that as the weight is coming off but still something I need to step up.

I plan on keeping calories the same this week and just adding in that extra bit of cardio

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, if anyone uses synergen, keep it away from your junk. I like to use it on my inner and outer thighs so I don't get it in contact with anybody in my house but I accidentally got some on my nuts and it feels like icyhot down there

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I remember someone putting "heat" in a football player's jock strap when in high school... funny sh8t

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I never really noticed till yesterday and today, but it's really hard to take your core out of pretty much every exercise. I can take it out enough that it's not feeling risky but everything makes my core engaged at some point during the exercise. That said, I think I can figure it out enough to keep moving forward.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, if anyone uses synergen, keep it away from your junk. I like to use it on my inner and outer thighs so I don't get it in contact with anybody in my house but I accidentally got some on my nuts and it feels like icyhot down there
Pro tip! Interested how this treats ya.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Pro tip! Interested how this treats ya.
I used it before but there were so many variables and I ate like crap so I couldn't tell what was happening. This time it'll be much easier to gauge it. I do believe I am sensitive to prolactin sides so I gotta keep a eye on that. I was good last time with keeping estro in check and some b6.

I can't find caber but I might order some prami and pray I don't need it

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any update on the potential hernia? You get it checked out by your aunt?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Any update on the potential hernia? You get it checked out by your aunt?
Ya, she's pretty confident its a hernia going by how I feel and how there's a tiny spot that can be pushed back in. She doesn't think it's that bad but she also said don't lift weights and go get a second opinion. Which I'm not doing yet. I'm going to work around it careful as I can through the summer. I thought I mentioned this but I guess not. I think I texted a friend about it lol.

Yes it may be a little reckless buy after asking around there are lots of ppl who have worked around a hernia. Some do it for years so I will take my chances for the next few months. If it does get worse il get it fixed. Apparently it's not a long recovery

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So tomorrow will be 9 days but I'm calling it week 1 so I can use Sunday as my update day. Other then the hernia or whatever it is, I think it was a good week. Lost some weight even tho I missed some cardio, feeling better from all my other little injuries. Ya I'm happy.

Will check the scale in the morning and try to get pictures up shortly after. Sunday will also always be a rest day. I don't wanna cheat the progress pics by taking pictures after a workout with a pump.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Starting weight 209.4

Todays weight 205.2

Lost 4.2lbs

Now you guys will have to judge by the pictures but my muscles are filling out a little and midsection looks much better for the given amount of time. And my strength tho is not back to normal, it's better then it was 9 days ago, So I'm confident that I'm maintaining or building muscle and loosing fat and water.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry got busy and forgot to take pictures. But il get to it after dinner

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So obviously nothing major, it's only been 9 days. But I can definitely see a reduction of bodyfat

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I keep going through my phone to look at old pics of myself to make me feel better lol. I'm definitely never gonna do this to myself again

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm definitely never gonna do this to myself again
I was in a good place with progress and maintaining and then this fukn corona covid sh1t happened, my diet gradually went to crap and I just cant workout the same at home vs the gym.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was in a good place with progress and maintaining and then this fukn corona covid sh1t happened, my diet gradually went to crap and I just cant workout the same at home vs the gym.
It's definitely harder, I have pretty much everything I need at home, but I do find myself giving up a little earlier when there's no one around watching. A combination of eating like crap not working out as hard and a couple of injuries did a number on me.

I think if I keep forcing myself to push a little more every workout and stick with the meal plan then il be good in a month. Not back to normal obviously but enough of a change to feel good about how I look. I hate the mirror right now. I never really cared how I looked until I looked like ****

Last edited:

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's definitely harder, I have pretty much everything I need at home, but I do find myself giving up a little earlier when there's no one around watching.
Yes, similar over here. But i find that good tunes help.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Got up at 6am and went for a 20 min walk while my coffee was brewing. Think I'm gonna do this every day and add 1-2 minutes each day. No 1 really outside, peaceful and a easy way to burn a couple extra calories. I figure it's a good back up plan in case the rain ruins my hikes during the week

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Tried to get my girl and kids to go but they all pretended they couldn't hear me

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oooo man, they put my worst fat pic as the thread cover pic

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tried to get my girl and kids to go but they all pretended they couldn't hear me
Download a podcast like Beast Fitness Radio or Real Bodybuilding Podcast and have that time to enjoy the show and walk outside.

I use the app and have cover photos turned off because they waste so much damn space. They’re never remotely representative at all.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Download a podcast like Beast Fitness Radio or Real Bodybuilding Podcast and have that time to enjoy the show and walk outside.

I use the app and have cover photos turned off because they waste so much damn space. They’re never remotely representative at all.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I was listening to the no testosterone cycle episode on my walk. I actually listen to all the bodybuilding type podcasts while I workout too. Haven't listened to music during workouts in a while. When I got my 353 bench, I was listening to Dave crosland on drugs and stuff lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No when you benched 353
Oh ya. It was playing in my earbuds, not out loud. I always listen to those type podcasts in my earbuds. Between work, family and my circle of friends I see regularly, no one is really into this stuff so they would be like wtf are you listening too. So I keep it to myself. I have talked to my kids about drugs, alcohol, performance enhancing drugs ect. So it would not shock them. They know I use testosterone, and funny story. right when I got my fattest, my son says, "I thought testosterone made it so you build muscle not fat" lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh ya. It was playing in my earbuds, not out loud. I always listen to those type podcasts in my earbuds. Between work, family and my circle of friends I see regularly, no one is really into this stuff so they would be like wtf are you listening too. So I keep it to myself. I have talked to my kids about drugs, alcohol, performance enhancing drugs ect. So it would not shock them. They know I use testosterone, and funny story. right when I got my fattest, my son says, "I thought testosterone made it so you build muscle not fat" lol
Daddy’s trying to bench big you little **** - now bring me another slice of pizza

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off topic - i really like to listen to Dave...his advice seems sensible and he knows his stuff. Like to listen to him when he talks harm reduction.

He damaged his body doing crazy stuff and can now share the experience of how not to behave when it comes to drugs.
Guy was taking like 5000mg of test and deca at his biggest

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Off topic - i really like to listen to Dave...his advice seems sensible and he knows his stuff. Like to listen to him when he talks harm reduction.

He damaged his body doing crazy stuff and can now share the experience of how not to behave when it comes to drugs.
Guy was taking like 5000mg of test and deca at his biggest
Nothing is off topic in my threads. I like Dave too. Ive been piecing my way through every episode of drugs and stuff.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm craving fast food really bad right now, I literally drove around town for an hour debating on whether I should go to McDonald's or Wendy's or get some Chinese takeout. I didn't crack though, I cook some lentil pasta and grilled up some chicken breasts, opened up a bag of frozen peas and made a pasta salad out of it with some fat-free Mayo, it's not satisfying in the slightest bit.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm craving fast food really bad right now, I literally drove around town for an hour debating on whether I should go to McDonald's or Wendy's or get some Chinese takeout. I didn't crack though, I cook some lentil pasta and grilled up some chicken breasts, opened up a bag of frozen peas and made a pasta salad out of it with some fat-free Mayo, it's not satisfying in the slightest bit.
Fouad mentioned on his show once that whenever he would get bad cravings in prep he would slam an enormous amount of diet pop. Lots of carbonated water, sweet flavor, zero calories.

Greg Doucette pointed out when you blend or whip casein it gets super thick & creamy. Really fills you up for the cals.

Don’t crack. Chug water, enjoy some chewing gum, load up on some unbuttered popcorn, shred some chicken and mix it with your favorite sauce and veggies in a flaxwrap. Scrambled eggs can be very satisfying too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Supplements 15
Supplements 15
Supplements 17
Supplements 12