Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got a question, is it possible that my insulin sensitivity went to **** from that dirty bulk and that's how I put on Soo much fat n lost muscle so fast? I know I was hurt but it's bothering me how fast it went downhill.
You were eating & taking drugs to literally gain as much weight/leverage in a very short time span as possible - you know muscle was a very small amount of that gain, mainly water and fat as muscle can only build so fast of course.

As Jinsun stated, when you add bodyfat insulin sensitivity decreases. When you eat lots of carbs it decreases. When you lower activity (to focus on pressing, accelerate weight gain, and to peak strength) sensitivity decreases.

You also stopped taking all the Superdrol and dropped 500+mg of oil out after your successful 353lb bench, then had a forced layoff from training due to your very untimely neck kink.

You will bounce back - you will be training legs, training more frequently, eating at a deficit with less carbs. You got this!

It MAY be possible that it is playing its part. Over here vets always recommend going keto before cycle for some time to increase insulin sensitivity. Broscience or not, you cant say it doesnt work for them.

mk677 is supposed to mess with insulin sensitivity and whenever i come off i gain belly fat. Nowhere else, just on my belly.
I did 40 days of cyclic keto prior to my current bulk, dropping 11 total lbs down to 234.0. And fasting blood glucose went from 99 on 500mg Berberine daily to 93 without any glucose support. This morning after 3 weeks on cycle & surplus I am up to 255.0! Bodyfat appears nearly the same, truly.

Reversing out of a short keto cut into a carby surplus and blasting after 5 months off cycle, I am blowing up without forcing any meals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got a question, is it possible that my insulin sensitivity went to **** from that dirty bulk and that's how I put on Soo much fat n lost muscle so fast? I know I was hurt but it's bothering me how fast it went downhill.
You were eating & taking drugs to literally gain as much weight/leverage in a very short time span as possible - you know muscle was a very small amount of that gain, mainly water and fat as muscle can only build so fast of course.

As Jinsun stated, when you add bodyfat insulin sensitivity decreases. When you eat lots of carbs it decreases. When you lower activity (to focus on pressing, accelerate weight gain, and to peak strength) sensitivity decreases.

You also stopped taking all the Superdrol and dropped 500+mg of oil out after your successful 353lb bench, then had a forced layoff from training due to your very untimely neck kink.

You will bounce back - you will be training legs, training more frequently, eating at a deficit with less carbs. You got this!

It MAY be possible that it is playing its part. Over here vets always recommend going keto before cycle for some time to increase insulin sensitivity. Broscience or not, you cant say it doesnt work for them.

mk677 is supposed to mess with insulin sensitivity and whenever i come off i gain belly fat. Nowhere else, just on my belly.
I did 40 days of cyclic keto prior to my current bulk, dropping 11 total lbs down to 234.0. This morning after 3 weeks on cycle & surplus I am up to 255.0!

Reversing out of a short keto cut into a carby surplus and blasting after 5 months off cycle, I am blowing up without forcing any meals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I did 40 days of cyclic keto prior to my current bulk, dropping 11 total lbs down to 234.0. This morning after 3 weeks on cycle & surplus I am up to 255.0!

All makes a lot of sense. I'm not going to cut carbs completely right away but too see how I feel in going to do a day or 2 this week on no carbs with calories staying the same to see how satiating it feels vs moderate carb low fat.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Good morning everyone, I ate approximately 2380 calories yesterday and was really hungry all day, especially before bed and I'm not going to do well with that but Im also going to drop this fat. So,

I need to be more creative with making low calorie meals so I can eat more often. Going to 6 meals a day.

Meal 1. 400 calories, 29gm protein

4 whole egg
1slice cheese
1 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp salsa
10 cal drink mix
10 cal cooking spray

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Tomorrow I'm going on a low calorie high protein grocery hall

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Planed out my day to burn a lot of calories without having to do a actual cardio session. Going for a walk, then going to grab a ladder and clean out the gutters, then grabbing my powerwasher and going to pw the back side of the house. Later tonight I'm going to do wide grip chins,
Bent over rows " pending how the back feels " laying ham curls, light good mornings, hammer curls and concentration curls.

After dinner il go for another walk

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also have 3 bike rides, 3 hikes planned this week and 30 min walk or jog daily

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Meal 2. Was 365 calories from roasted turkey breast and vegetables

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Meal 3 was a 500 calorie wrap.

Took a cheap pre workout, mk677 and threw 25gm of carbs from gold gummy bears ( glucose syrup ) in my water bottle and ate them through the workout. 100 calories.

Protein shake with water and banana 275 calories

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I haven't done the math yet but I got about 700 calories left I think

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Opinions please, I like to deadlift, back day is boring without deadlifts lol. My back feels pretty good. does anyone think it would be foolish to throw in two or three sets of five deadlifts every other back day?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Or maybe even like three sets of three, I'm very efficient deadlifting in the 1 2 3 rep range, it's actually when I do 6 to 10 that I run into problems

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also, ate my last meal, kept 90 calories short in case I want a snack before bed and I'll have some popcorn or something. The way I spaced my meals and food choices today I stayed pretty satisfied all day, but only got 150 protein. I aim for 200. But If I can stay fuller il take the trade off. Gonna work on getting it to 175 and feeling full

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Proteins what Ive been finding hard to hit, Im aiming for around 200sh as well. I prefer not to use shakes, I cant stand them unless using full milk and that sh1t puts my carb intake up too much ugh.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Proteins what Ive been finding hard to hit, Im aiming for around 200sh as well. I prefer not to use shakes, I cant stand them unless using full milk and that sh1t puts my carb intake up too much ugh.
I was working on protein ideas last night.

Replacing 140 calories from whole eggs (12 gm protein ) with 150 calories from the egg whites you buy in a carton ( 30 gm protein) il get 18 extra grams for breakfast at the cost of 10 extra calories

I can also add a extra ounce of chicken or turkey breast at 3 meals and cut out a couple grams of fat and il be doing good.

Have you tried fairlife milk? It's much creamier then regular milk, has double the protein, half the suger too.

The chocolate is delicious, and there 1% taste close to whole milk in taste. The whole milk version can replace half and half for coffee if you want to boost in protein.
Screenshot_20200525-071007~2.jpeg
Screenshot_20200525-070920~2.jpeg

Reactions: Nac
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So I just weighed myself before breakfast, empty stomach and all that like I do every morning. I'm down 3 lbs in 3 days while increasing my water intake so I'm not dehydrated. I may be starting a little low on total calories. So I'm not going to swap macros for extra protein, I'm just going to add 25 gm protein as I don't think the extra 100 calories is going to hurt

Corinbeauvais

Corinbeauvais

Awards
I just noticed for me 20 mg of epi makes for a powerful recomp. 10 at morn 10 at even.

I'm just losing fat looking bigger and gaining not a pound, diet is unchanged also. I imagine on a deficit not much could preserve like a low dose of epistane. Except maybe d-plex. Just a thought.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just noticed for me 20 mg of epi makes for a powerful recomp. 10 at morn 10 at even.

I'm just losing fat looking bigger and gaining not a pound, diet is unchanged also. I imagine on a deficit not much could preserve like a low dose of epistane. Except maybe d-plex. Just a thought.
I've used epi in the past, didn't notice anything till I hit 30mg and at 40 I loved it. But I'm not messing with it right now. Sticking with a little test and mast and I have some td dienolone and epiandro combo leftover that will probably come into play as there not really harsh or toxic. I took a bunch of crap not too long ago so no orals right now

Corinbeauvais

Corinbeauvais

Awards
I've used epi in the past, didn't notice anything till I hit 30mg and at 40 I loved it. But I'm not messing with it right now. Sticking with a little test and mast and I have some td dienolone and epiandro combo leftover that will probably come into play as there not really harsh or toxic. I took a bunch of crap not too long ago so no orals right now
Smart man that will give you some aggression needed to smash weights hopefully. How does dienolone td treat you?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Smart man that will give you some aggression needed to smash weights hopefully. How does dienolone td treat you?
I haven't used it for more then 4 weeks, when in reality it should probably be used for 8. At 75mg I felt a little boost in the gym and also got puffy nips. But I was on other stuff that aromatizes and no ai so I think it was a bad combo for raising estrogen and progesterone. Il be able to figure it out better this time as I don't really feel anything from the little bit of test and mast I'm on

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chicken breast, egg whites, Greek yogurt with a scoop of protein (especially casein or blends) are all pretty filling lean protein sources.

Eat as much vegetables as you want.

Popcorn (without butter) is pretty filling for the carbs. If you eat fruit or carbs, choose ones with fiber like apples and oranges over strawberries and pineapple, and quinoa, beans & brown rice over white rice or more processed options.

Low carb wraps are your friend. They often have higher protein and lower cals & carbs, are satisfying, and go with a lot of meals.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Quinoa and brown rice make me bloated and I digest them poorly. I do much better with white rice. If I eat too many vegetables like broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower I get a stomach pains too.

Low carb wraps are on my shopping list, I'm swapping out bananas for oranges and berries. Going to make ranch and blue cheese dipping sauces out of Greek yogurt for buffalo chicken breast and carrots as a meal. And eggwhites are definitely on the shipping list too

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just my opinion...but carbs wont make you fat. First of all, nothing will if you dont exceed maintenace cals (but you obviously know that).

Also, i would rather go low fat than low carb. Low carb and performance suffers. If you are on steroids ypu dont need to worry abput diminishing T levels which happen on low fat diets.

I never got fat while eating a sh1t ton of oats and white rice. I get fat when i incorporate stuff like cheese etc (thankfully i dont eat those types of food anymore).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Going to try to make a low calorie flat bread Hawaii pizza tomorrow night. If it comes out good il throw it up on here. Going to use low calorie wrap for the crust, whatever the lowest calorie sauce I can find is, turkey bacon pineapple in fat free mozzarella cheese

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Just my opinion...but carbs wont make you fat. First of all, nothing will if you dont exceed maintenace cals (but you obviously know that).

Also, i would rather go low fat than low carb. Low carb and performance suffers. If you are on steroids ypu dont need to worry abput diminishing T levels which happen on low fat diets.

I never got fat while eating a sh1t ton of oats and white rice. I get fat when i incorporate stuff like cheese etc (thankfully i dont eat those types of food anymore).
Calories are king, I can do just as good on low fat as I do on low carb if calories are the same. I prefer low fat cus I can get more food volume out of carbs then I can fat. But for me the problem with carbs is I will overeat them a lot easier then fat. I love breads pasta and white rice. So I try to limit eating them cus it's hard for my to stop lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm trying to find a happy medium with carbs and fat to keep calories low and satisfaction high

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bell peppers, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, seedless cucumber, spinach, green beans, asparagus are all negligible calorie veggies (and fruits) that can add a lot of satiety & great for snacking or filling out a meal. You don’t have to have cruciferous veggies man; don’t throw the baby out with the bath water - find foods that work for you!

Same for carbs. Nothing saying you have to eat whole grains; just experiment if you have trouble staying full.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mashed potatoes, green beans and chicken breast. Amazing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Bell peppers, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, seedless cucumber, spinach, green beans, asparagus are all negligible calorie veggies (and fruits) that can add a lot of satiety & great for snacking or filling out a meal. You don’t have to have cruciferous veggies man; don’t throw the baby out with the bath water - find foods that work for you!

Same for carbs. Nothing saying you have to eat whole grains; just experiment if you have trouble staying full.
Oh I eat a lot of vegetables, tomatoes, cuecumber, pickles, peppers and onions. Lots of canned green beans. I love asparagus but it's another one I can't eat too much of. This is pretty much a experiment because it's the lowest my calories have been in about a year and a half. And I haven't dieted to get really lean in over 5 years. I'm going to play this out by ear and keep fiddling with it. I did go to a small family cook out today so I lost count of calories but I only ate meat and veggies so I'm sure the damage wasn't too bad. I'm guestimating I'm probably just over 2200 so I kinda used up all my meals. But il eat again if I get really hungry and keep it reasonable.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I found a instant mash potatoes that's 150 calories per cup. Not sure what it will taste like but that with 5oz chicken breast and 1/4 cup melted fat free mozzarella and 1 cup green beans = 440 calories and a good amount of food and protein

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i also like to deadlift bro. Mainly because it’s my best lift and I enjoy shifting big weights.

personally I think heavy deads should be kept to sets of 5 or less. The problem with volume (for me and imo) Is that form can tend to break down slowly with a deadlift (more so than a squat or bench) allowing you to keep moving weight but with ever worsening form (I’m not a form Nazi btw, I think the risks of an occasional shitty looking lift are way overblown but consistently placing excess stress on the lower back can be problematic).

I find it easier to focus and get set for a big set of 3 or 5. What I could lift for ten would be different to what I could really focus on each rep for 10.

I actually really like madcow 5x5 or 5/4/3 for deads - both ramp up to one big heavy set.

of course aside from staying healthy the other issue with lots of heavy volume on deads is the sheer taxing nature on the cns. Nothing batters it more than deadlifting for me. I’ve really fucked myself in the past doing too heavy for too long (on cycle) and it took a long time to recover (like 6 months).

where I do like more volume is deadlift variations/assistance for accessory work. Rdl’s being an obvious example but good mornings, back extensions, rounded back deadlifts etc all decent with lower weight and more reps

the other way to deadlift more would be switching between conventional and sumo. Something I think more people should do. Your weaker lifting style automatically forces a reduction in weight but still allows you to target muscles that will have carry over to your preferred style. If you have a trap bar then this adds a third option (does lend itself to higher re

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i also like to deadlift bro. Mainly because it’s my best lift and I enjoy shifting big weights.

personally I think heavy deads should be kept to sets of 5 or less. The problem with volume (for me and imo) Is that form can tend to break down slowly with a deadlift (more so than a squat or bench) allowing you to keep moving weight but with ever worsening form (I’m not a form Nazi btw, I think the risks of an occasional shitty looking lift are way overblown but consistently placing excess stress on the lower back can be problematic).

I find it easier to focus and get set for a big set of 3 or 5. What I could lift for ten would be different to what I could really focus on each rep for 10.

I actually really like madcow 5x5 or 5/4/3 for deads - both ramp up to one big heavy set.

of course aside from staying healthy the other issue with lots of heavy volume on deads is the sheer taxing nature on the cns. Nothing batters it more than deadlifting for me. I’ve really fucked myself in the past doing too heavy for too long (on cycle) and it took a long time to recover (like 6 months).

where I do like more volume is deadlift variations/assistance for accessory work. Rdl’s being an obvious example but good mornings, back extensions, rounded back deadlifts etc all decent with lower weight and more reps

the other way to deadlift more would be switching between conventional and sumo. Something I think more people should do. Your weaker lifting style automatically forces a reduction in weight but still allows you to target muscles that will have carry over to your preferred style. If you have a trap bar then this adds a third option (does lend itself to higher re
I feel the same way. I use to be a very good deadlifter, at least by non powerlifting standards. I could pull high 400s it's not a lift I really train at making better either. I've always just throwing three or four sets in a back workout, trying to add 5 lbs here and there. I hurt my back a while ago where I could no longer go over 315 without pain. So I stopped for a month or so and went back down to 250 and worked on form and was back in the high 300s within 2 months with good form and pain free. After about 375/395 I need straps. Painting, powerwashing and boxing have fux up my hand strength.

I'm doing a pull workout today, I think il start it off with 5,5,5,3,3 on deadlifts. The first 3 being warm ups. And pick a weight to play it safe for the first couple times

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I feel the same way. I use to be a very good deadlifter, at least by non powerlifting standards. I could pull high 400s it's not a lift I really train at making better either. I've always just throwing three or four sets in a back workout, trying to add 5 lbs here and there. I hurt my back a while ago where I could no longer go over 315 without pain. So I stopped for a month or so and went back down to 250 and worked on form and was back in the high 300s within 2 months with good form and pain free. After about 375/395 I need straps. Painting, powerwashing and boxing have fux up my hand strength.

I'm doing a pull workout today, I think il start it off with 5,5,5,3,3 on deadlifts. The first 3 being warm ups. And pick a weight to play it safe for the first couple times
yeah I’m at a similar level. That madcow 5x5 got me to a top set of 5x473. It is also the time I destroyed my cns and actually started losing strength on cycle. Annoyingly I never put a big single up at that time so my best one rep is still 523.

i focused more on size than strength this past year but currently pulling 440 for triples. I’ve worked a lot on pulling without a belt and that’s helped a lot. I’ll use a hook grip with no belt for 5x5 at 400. Whilst I’m lucky with grip strength the people I trained I always used to say to use straps when grip is a limiting factor and then work on that separately if needed. Dead hangs inbetween strapped sets was a favourite

sounds like a good plan bro. Pointless tanking it this early. Enjoy the session.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Managing calories very well today, skipped breakfast and had 2 coffees, meal 1 I had 60gm whey and a banana

Did a good pull workout followed by 30 min cardio.

Meal 2 had a low calorie high protein wrap I found. Made ranch out of fat free Greek yogurt, added some turkey and a massive bowl of cuecumber and baby carrots to use up the dip. Big meal with 500 cal. It's 6pm and I still got 1400 calories left and was never hungry today. Bout to make tocos

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Subbed. What injuries are you coming back from?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Subbed. What injuries are you coming back from?
Well obesity is technically a disability in some states so I got that obesity from my dirty bulk last month lol.

But then I pinched a nerve in my neck that went through my shoulder and down my arm. So was temporarily mobilized and in a lot pain from that.

Then threw out my back so that extended my ability to not train.

I also tend to get hurt a lot lately in general. I had about 5 years off gear and when I hopped back into training I think I made the mistake of hopping on cycle too fast, regained all the strength I lost in about 9 months that I had lost for almost 5 years. I really think that plays a role in why I've been getting hurt so much

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh, and I'm 35, I know it's not old, but when you try to do all the things you did in highschool it doesn't always work out well either. So that probably plays a role too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Evomuse 2
Supplements 15
Supplements 15
Supplements 17
Supplements 12