Votes: 9 39.1%
  • not at all.

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How many of you guys aspire to become a professional in the field of bodybuilding or powerlifting? (and if not competitive, to at least have a physique/#total-[pl]) that is comparable?

curiosity strikes me......

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't be a pro bodybuilder simply for the fact that I know I don't have the genetics for it. Not even close.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I couldn't be a pro bodybuilder simply for the fact that I know I don't have the genetics for it. Not even close.
I believe that genetics play a role to some degree. But I think that there is way more to it, and some guys just use "genetics" as a handicap for not being able to accomplish something. Not saying you are bro, just in general. Dont take any offense

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the income/backing to be able to commit to competition. If I win the lottery or find a sugar momma, I'll do it in a heart beat.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't have the income/backing to be able to commit to competition. If I win the lottery or find a sugar momma, I'll do it in a heart beat.
Yea. I hear that. im getting a young start. My family isn't too supportive of bodybuilding becuase they worry about my health. They will warm up to it. and hopefully then support me in my dream for a pro bodybuilding career. Ill never give up my health. When money is short i just keep all things focussed and organized.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
No offense taken. I think in bodybuilding in general, despite having a complete package, a person with a 'slightly' better developed upperbody will beat out a person with a slightly better lower body. Not to say everything is not important, but I think slight emphasis is given towards a better conditioned upper body.

Also too, with respect to genetics. I think the one that 'look' like they workout, but don't are the one that have 'good genetics'. I've seen a lot of guys, primarly African Americans who don't workout, but have chisled abs, delts, and very full biceps. Basically if you have that 'abercrombie' body without working out, then you have 'better' genetics vs. someone who has no definition.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Also too I might add, genetics actually play a very large role in pro bodybuilding. People undermind genetics and place way too much emphasis on drugs. You can take all the drugs you want to get 'big', but symmetry is genetic (unless you get implants like Flex Wheeler)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also too I might add, genetics actually play a very large role in pro bodybuilding. People undermind genetics and place way too much emphasis on drugs. You can take all the drugs you want to get 'big', but symmetry is genetic (unless you get implants like Flex Wheeler)
I agree genetics will play a role in the symmetry and shape/size etc of people and their various bodyparts. I am not putting pro bodybuilding in the category of being all drugs, nor am I saying its all genetics. I just believe that an equal amount of people handicap themselves by saying they dont have genetics, as those who say pro bbers are only big becuase they inject drugs and are about to die.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Pro bodybuilding

Genetics=70%
Drugs=30%

Part of genetics is how well or not well your body reacts to the drugs as well.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pro bodybuilding

Genetics=70%
Drugs=30%

Part of genetics is how well or not well your body reacts to the drugs as well.
how about diet? time? dedication? drive? etc. Unless you can prove that 70/30 thing from your own experience I think you shouldn't be so certain.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I think he was generalizing, but I think the split would look something like..

50% genetics
25% training
25% diet

why? Genetics limit everything -- including the repercussions of the second two.. The second two will initiate growth to a given degree in everybody, but without grand genetics, competition-level physique is pretty unrealistic

LaGrange26

LaGrange26

Awards
I dont want to become a body builder because I truely think it is an unhealthy life style. Im more into the dieting to gain lean muscle mass and being able to slip on my diet every so often

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think he was generalizing, but I think the split would look something like..

50% genetics
25% training
25% diet

why? Genetics limit everything -- including the repercussions of the second two.. The second two will initiate growth to a given degree in everybody, but without grand genetics, competition-level physique is pretty unrealistic
I agree. I think that moreso, genetics determine HOW one should go about making progress. not so much IF they can. I mean to some degree sure.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
until last year I was shooting for the Nationals. Now after 2nd back surgury I will settle for in shape

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Also too, I couldn't even compete amateur if I wanted to b/c of my job and the way my life is always hectic and full of stress. In about 2 years or so, I could possibly re-consider when a lot of my obligations have been fulfilled and I'm hopefully not so busy anymore.

My upperbody genetics suck, but my legs are excellent.

I can get by only working legs twice a month (being lazy) and keep 31" quads and 18" calves.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Anabolics 28
R1187 Anabolics 2
homer Anabolics 12
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 6