Crypto currency

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I sold a pretty decent amount of doge 2 weeks before it spiked to its highest. I just got frustrated with it and said screw it im getting out.

Then i just bought into ethereum classic at ~15 and now it dropped to mid 12s.

Things could be better for me on the crypto front...lol.

Have to look into the XRP & GNT yall mentioned.
Ive really leaned alot about FOMO over the past few years, I still fall for it but Im trying to change that this year.

I lost a couple thousand on XRP as well a few years ago when it was really high. They may or may not be in trouble with the SEC so be careful, if they arent a security they should have a good future but if they are labeled then it might tank. Just talks about it tanked it in recent times.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when this thread started. I saw it and thought, "nah, that'll never take off." Hindsight 20/20 now. I bought in with bitcoin and ethereum last week, but it's just been dropping since then. Using coinbase.
Here is a investment fund that invests in these types of technologies, I might buy in and already have a handful of other Ark stocks: ARKW Next Generation Internet ETF

I started listening to Cathy Woods on youtube she has interesting things to say about bitcoin and cryto.

She gets into crypto on minute 21:50 and this video was from 2 years ago.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What made y'all decide on which crypto you currently hold?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Originally I held XRP for a few years because I lost a shyt ton of money and didnt give a crap anymore, lol

When bitcoin started going up a few months ago I swapped it all for TRX, I dont have a huge position but they do alot of work behind the ecosystem and I love how I can freeze my tokens and earn rewards through a voting system. Ive sen TRX go up to 9 cents a few years ago so Im just hoping to get lucky.

Other than that, Im an official financing retard and an expert on losing alot of money. At least I can claim Im good at something.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought 10,000 shares of SANP (currently 0.021, bought in at 1.85) which utilizes Cardono blockchain technology (more efficient, ethereum costs a ton to do transactions on these days) for a DNA Tag system that creates a anti-counterfeit and tamper proof system for products for the CBD market using Q-codes.

Just a high risk high reward gamble I wont cry about if I loose a little money.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm having a freaking blast again. I largely sold out in 2017/2018 and ended up doing pretty well, but then fomo'd into some projects and lost a bit so I stepped away until about mid-2020. I opened my Trezor and found .6 of a Bitcoin in March, which obviously was the crash so it wasn't worth much, so I decided to hold it, but started looking into projects dealing with the Layer1 congestion and decentralization. That brought me to my cash cows- Matic/Polygon and Harmony One. No joke, I plan to ride these into retirement, so I am back to 2016/2017 levels constantly looking at my portfolio and researching everything.

I made some decent profits from doge in Jan and used that to also pick up VET and VTHO as a long shot ride. The project is as strong as they come, but it is just boring from a profit standpoint. I should add that I actually had a strength node when staking started on VEN, but lost status because I started selling off when I wasn't seeing moons like other projects. I probably would be very happy today had I any patience. So I am starting over.

Last edited:
BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Big fan of Cathie Wood, so bought a bunch of ARKK (which promptly tanked this week). Also bought a small bit of ARKW and ARKG.

My boy loves computers so we just started mining ETH with a new 3080 machine. Should have done it years ago, but at least I won't be wondering next year. Nothing impressive yet, about $7-8 a day at these prices.

Just dabbling with a bit of BTC on Robinhood to see if I can make something from the no-cost trading. Nothing but small losses so far.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I followed a thread on reddit about bitcoin and a guy was contemplating if he should sell or hold. He got in early and I think he sold when it hit 200. If I had only bought back then lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I followed a thread on reddit about bitcoin and a guy was contemplating if he should sell or hold. He got in early and I think he sold when it hit 200. If I had only bought back then lol.
I used to buy supplements with Bitcoin in 2014-2015. I’d guess I had close to a thousand at one point. Hell, we’d tip people online with them.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm having a freaking blast again. I largely sold out in 2017/2018 and ended up doing pretty well, but then fomo'd into some projects and lost a bit so I stepped away until about mid-2020. I opened my Trezor and found .6 of a Bitcoin in March, which obviously was the crash so it wasn't worth much, so I decided to hold it, but started looking into projects dealing with the Layer1 congestion and decentralization. That brought me to my cash cows- Matic/Polygon and Harmony One. No joke, I plan to ride these into retirement, so I am back to 2016/2017 levels constantly looking at my portfolio and researching everything.

I made some decent profits from doge in Jan and used that to also pick up VET and VTHO as a long shot ride. The project is as strong as they come, but it is just boring from a profit standpoint. I should add that I actually had a strength node when staking started on VEN, but lost status because I started selling off when I wasn't seeing moons like other projects. I probably would be very happy today had I any patience. So I am starting over.
Agree, like I said on the last page. One, vet and algo have the best real use cases.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree, like I said on the last page. One, vet and algo have the best real use cases.
Shoot, I missed that. ONE is going to be enormous. Not to mention I had not logged into my Harmony One wallet for a couple weeks and just realized the other day I am earning about 50 coins a day with the staking interest.

Last edited:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tbh I was gutted when Bitcoin back down to 5k ish as I tried to transfer 7.5k to my coinbase account to invest then (I had no idea it would reach where it has, but I felt doubling my money was likely). In the uk they’ve changed the rules since the last time I’d dabbled and my bank wouldn’t let me so I gave up. Literally tried to do it at the lowest point as well (that would have been luck not skill).

the only holding I have (which I’ve had for years) is GNT. I think someone on here mentioned it and I liked the user case. Long term hold though.
lol, it was me. I remember talking about Golem with you. Heads up, they are partnered with one of the projects I am betting huge on- Matic/Polygon now. Might be worth looking into a little split because Golem is betting heavy on this.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
lol, it was me. I remember talking about Golem with you. Heads up, they are partnered with one of the projects I am betting huge on- Matic/Polygon now. Might be worth looking into a little split because Golem is betting heavy on this.
What trading program are you using?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What trading program are you using?
A bunch depending on what I’m after. For my bigger ones I mentioned I just go to Binance.US and then transfer to delegates for staking or move it to my Trezor. It’s a different world now, there used to be limited online wallets and swaps like Exodus and now with Defi and decentralization it’s a little complicated. Metamask, Quickswap, and Uniswap are big.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
haha, yes bro it was. I still have them sitting somewhere just awaiting something to happen.

sorry I’ve no idea what them being partnered with or worth looking into a split means though 🙈

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoot, I missed that. ONE is going to be enormous. Not to mention I had not logged into my Harmony One wallet for a couple weeks and just realized the other day I am earning about 50 coins a day with the staking interest.
Are you staking on harmony’s page or through your wallet?

Ironic that ONE is doing what ETH 2.0 is releasing next year.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you staking on harmony’s page or through your wallet?

Ironic that ONE is doing what ETH 2.0 is releasing next year.
Through the Chrome extension and then into the ONE wallet.

I would say 2023 at best. ETH always misses marketed deadlines bad. They aren’t even close to 1.5. Also, ONE is doing far more than what is on the ETH roadmap, so there is a little overlap but that won’t make a difference.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
From what I'm hearing, the consensus is ONE seems to be a good one to look into...?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No doubt, but obviously no one really knows what the future holds on any project. Simply based on fundamentals, it is a winner. Again, a huge part is the staking interest. Not much out there paying 10%+ APR on you money by doing nothing.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If Justin would do a coin burn the price would increase but he’s a knuckle head - staking TRX and making passive income is nice. Obviously same thing with ONE and VET.

Weekly VET, ONE and ALGO have been acquiring contracts and actually developing the infrastructure. Tezos is another blockchain that I am backing big time.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If Justin would do a coin burn the price would increase but he’s a knuckle head - staking TRX and making passive income is nice. Obviously same thing with ONE and VET.

Weekly VET, ONE and ALGO have been acquiring contracts and actually developing the infrastructure. Tezos is another blockchain that I am backing big time.
I made a quick $30k when Tron pumped in 2017 and then got out. Justin is a damn moron and really doesn’t care about a successful product, this is just his ego boost pet project. It’s literally just a pump and dump.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If any one wants free Bitcoin let me know. BlockFi is what I now use and love it

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
.... AAAAnnnndd here come the NY democrats

NY sucks bad thats for sure. they destroy everything new and good.

You have to use VPN to get around certain things, well not me, some guy I know.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well boys, I just got that much closer to retirement today. Holding ENJ since .02 and shot up to $1.48 today. Holding actually works, lol.
Congrats!!!!

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well boys, I just got that much closer to retirement today. Holding ENJ since .02 and shot up to $1.48 today. Holding actually works, lol.
Epic! Can I ask how much you bought? Did you sell?! Congrats on the gains!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had 150k and sold a chunk to take some profits, but left most in because it will keep going up. The explosion in NFTs will drive any associated project now. Admittedly it was very hard not to just grab $200k+ and run.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had 150k and sold a chunk to take some profits, but left most in because it will keep going up. The explosion in NFTs will drive any associated project now. Admittedly it was very hard not to just grab $200k+ and run.
What is NFTs?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is NFTs?
Non fungible tokens. Think of them as collectible assets that each is unique. Compare it to anything collectible like a Pokémon or similar where people will pay to have something they see as cool or unique. It’s big in the gaming world and people will pay a lot for them.

Now, full disclosure, I don’t get it. But I get that people will want them and this is going to be big so I picked up projects associated. Matic will be another because several big online games have decided to build and use their L2.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm.....I wonder what comes first?

Do we bring our WWII troops back home from Germany and Japan?

Or do we withdraw our troops from Washington DC?

Im guessing the latter.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Non fungible tokens. Think of them as collectible assets that each is unique. Compare it to anything collectible like a Pokémon or similar where people will pay to have something they see as cool or unique. It’s big in the gaming world and people will pay a lot for them.

Now, full disclosure, I don’t get it. But I get that people will want them and this is going to be big so I picked up projects associated. Matic will be another because several big online games have decided to build and use their L2.
This is so confusing to me. I'm still just holding bitcoin and eth but have only lost so far with both (lost total 20%). Now that I'm looking into all of these other ones like enj or one that have wild room for growth, even if i held onto btc until I get my money back, how much higher will it actually go? Just thoughts on the matter. I might take my losses with btc and put it elsewhere, but probably keep eth since I believe it at least had more potential.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is so confusing to me. I'm still just holding bitcoin and eth but have only lost so far with both (lost total 20%). Now that I'm looking into all of these other ones like enj or one that have wild room for growth, even if i held onto btc until I get my money back, how much higher will it actually go? Just thoughts on the matter. I might take my losses with btc and put it elsewhere, but probably keep eth since I believe it at least had more potential.
just my way of looking at it but

btc is unlikely to go 10x currently value anytime soon - just because of the sheer value that would place on it.

alt coins at a few cents have much better chance to go 10/20/30 x value etc

clearly much riskier but in terms of big life changing gains that’s where the opportunity lies. Btc is like any other investment now in many ways as you are looking at 10, 20 or 30% gains which could also be achieved through normal stocks and shares for example.

that’s me saying it’s a bad investment, just that it’s now on a par with some of the riskier stocks and shares options out there

whereas the low value alt coins carry massive risk but massive reward

so what do you want, possible life changing money or smaller more typical investment type gains?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bitcoin being first out of the gate seems to have the best chance for real global use and acceptance as viable currency. I think good chance for 80-100k by end of the year. The fixed limited number really helps it compared to dollars or gold in my opinion.

Musk putting 1.5 billion of Tesla money into it was a big deal. PayPal accepts it now. Cathie Woods carries it heavy in her ETF funds. And Citi recently had a great write up on future of bitcoin... so I am in for a 2021 duration at least.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
just my way of looking at it but

btc is unlikely to go 10x currently value anytime soon - just because of the sheer value that would place on it.

alt coins at a few cents have much better chance to go 10/20/30 x value etc

clearly much riskier but in terms of big life changing gains that’s where the opportunity lies. Btc is like any other investment now in many ways as you are looking at 10, 20 or 30% gains which could also be achieved through normal stocks and shares for example.

that’s me saying it’s a bad investment, just that it’s now on a par with some of the riskier stocks and shares options out there

whereas the low value alt coins carry massive risk but massive reward

so what do you want, possible life changing money or smaller more typical investment type gains?
Good way to think about it. I'll be pulling some funds from btc and putting into something riskier, so a little of both.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I am doing and am only up (I am really surprised that anyone could be down on BTC if you bought anytime before February, it's been a big bull market) is I keep about 45% in BTC. Everyone should have some of it, it is the baseline for everything else and even if everything were to go away tomorrow, it will be the last standing. That is your safe crypto bet. Then I split the remaining 55% or so across the 3-4 projects I believe in. There is more risk, but as mentioned, the chances for a big payoff are also greater.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What I am doing and am only up (I am really surprised that anyone could be down on BTC if you bought anytime before February, it's been a big bull market) is I keep about 45% in BTC. Everyone should have some of it, it is the baseline for everything else and even if everything were to go away tomorrow, it will be the last standing. That is your safe crypto bet. Then I split the remaining 55% or so across the 3-4 projects I believe in. There is more risk, but as mentioned, the chances for a big payoff are also greater.
I know you have mentioned a few, but what projects do you believe in? Share why?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good way to think about it. I'll be pulling some funds from btc and putting into something riskier, so a little of both.
I agree with whiskey. If your gambling for big gains go alt coins and spread some bets around. For me hold BTC cause it’s the most well know and stable(ish) cause I want to be less risky with that money. I am going to be spreading around about 8x $1000 bets here on alt coins soon. I think there is potential for
BTC to push $100k by end of year tho.

I had 1.5 BTC back in august and went heavy into XRP with all of it and lost out. When XRP started tanking I moved back into BTC at $28k since I couldn’t afford to lose all the money. I’ve recouped a lot of my losses but I would have a lot more money if I had just held my original position. I learned a big lesson to not try and time the market trade. I’m telling you this so you feel better about your 20% loss haha

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On that note, I still have no idea why XRP isn’t at least like $5. Even before sec lawsuit it should have pumped with BTC. Maybe it’s being suppressed for a use case? Anyone smarter than me have input in this?

Also anyone think VET is worth opening a binance/kraken to buy/hold?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've either mentioned it here or many times over at reddit, I can't remember, but VET is the most confusing one out there for me. I made nice gains with VEN back in '17, then did not understand the tokenomics of how the move to VET would be with a 1:100 split because it seemed like it wasn't a capped amount and they were diluting the value. I still don't 100% get it or why they did it when there is associated gas- VTHO that can supply the cost of transactions, but granted, I haven't spent a lot of time on it. All I know is that it is one of the most mature projects, has an incredible team, so many big name partnerships, and has a working product- why it isn't a top 10-20 coin. It never jumps, regardless of the partnership or advancement announced. Also, to get to just .10, it would need to double market cap and would be around $6b. Certainly not saying it isn't possible, but I am not sure about going back in just to double my money or at a long stretch, 3x with a 9-10b market cap. Unless you have a lot to put in, the returns are much higher opportunities with some other projects.

Just my .02, I am sure there are things I am not seeing so don't take my words as advice.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I really enjoy this guys content for macro level cryto involvement in big international finance. He just puts together clips that I would never find on my own. He was a big reason I diversified into crypto as I became aware of how the IMF, G20, and large corporations were getting involved with crypto. Some of his stuff can see a bit out there but you can take from it great insight I feel.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@tyga tyga - you watching our ONE coin and the tweets?! Holy crap, talk about a project delivering on what they said. I feel better about this than literally any other crypto investment.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@tyga tyga - you watching our ONE coin and the tweets?! Holy crap, talk about a project delivering on what they said. I feel better about this than literally any other crypto investment.
I'm really glad I jumped on one at 8am this morning!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Make sure you stake it to get free coins at 11%+ and hold on. This is the biggest thing going. Based in Silicon Valley, huge VC backing, meeting self imposed deadlines, senior leadership team, the only project truly working on the bridge for DeFI, not to mention- the tweets and support of other projects. I mean, it is literally check, check, check of success and it is the very beginning.

*no advice here or crystal ball like prediction, and far from a moon boy, but I would say that it is worth a portion of any crypto investment if you are getting in. DYOR.