Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t see that, nice.
https://blog.coinbase.com/adding-erc20-support-to-coinbase-fe9cba6782b

GDAX — the GDAX team will wait for additional regulatory clarity before we decide which ERC20 assets to support on GDAX. Support for ERC20 will also give us a path to enabling the safe recovery of customer ERC20 assets inadvertently sent to GDAX Ethereum addresses.

Coinbase Asset Management — per the index methodology, any asset listed on GDAX will be added to the Coinbase Index on a market capitalization weighted basis.

Coinbase — per our previous guidance, Coinbase will only list assets after they are listed on GDAX. After evaluating factors such as liquidity, price stability, and other market health metrics, we may choose to add any ERC20 asset added to GDAX to the Coinbase platform. It’s also worth repeating that GDAX will likely have more assets listed on the platform than the Coinbase platform, i.e. listing on GDAX does not guarantee listing on Coinbase.

Additionally, like GDAX, support for ERC20 will also give us a path to enabling the safe recovery customer ERC20 assets inadvertently sent to Coinbase Ethereum addresses.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Additionally, like GDAX, support for ERC20 will also give us a path to enabling the safe recovery customer ERC20 assets inadvertently sent to Coinbase Ethereum addresses."

...but good luck getting anyone to ever respond back to you so you'll still be **** out of luck like always. Sincerely, Coinbase Support Team

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That was supposed to be the emoji of the line graph diving down lol

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is causing this massive drop?

Do you believe it's a good time to top up with the "big" 3 or wait for a further drop?

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That’s a tough one... everything I read a month or so ago- said btc would hit around 8 and slowly gain afterwards. Obviously that did not hold true. I just think the regulations being put on crypto- are scaring away investors and companies at this point. I’m big time in the red... and prefer to just let it play out at this point. I’ll still come across articles that say stuff like btc to hit 320k in future... so who knows?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What is causing this massive drop?

Do you believe it's a good time to top up with the "big" 3 or wait for a further drop?
How long is a piece of string? DYOR with any investment decision, everybody and everyone is out to make themselves richer so take any and every thing you read and/or are told with a huge grain of salt.

Especially from a bunch of a androgen driven randoms on a forum, super happy to buy pharma quality gear next time round on your dime

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I know always do my own research, I was merely looking to see how people react to the current situation. Under no circumstances would I go ahead and make a purchase cause someone said "sure load up on x, y, z crypto"

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long is a piece of string? DYOR with any investment decision, everybody and everyone is out to make themselves richer so take any and every thing you read and/or are told with a huge grain of salt.

Especially from a bunch of a androgen driven randoms on a forum, super happy to buy pharma quality gear next time round on your dime
Normally I would love this post but don’t think it fits here. Those of us on here are here for other reasons and I doubt would shill something just to make a couple dollars. If we were on a coin specific Reddit sub I would say **** everyone’s “advice” but here I believe some are looking for advice and some have knowledge to pass.

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
And for some, DYOR may involve checking in with some wise "cryptocurrencyminds" here.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Whilst I get the stereotype for people who take anabolics I’ve seen plenty of written and anecdotal evidence that most of us are successful professional individuals. The discipline needed to succeed in the gym (with steroids or not) is the same as that needed to succeed in business or any professional capacity.

Since I’ve joined this forum I’ve been staggered by the level of knowledge of members on a range of subjects. Of course anyone would be foolish not to check themselves but as far as online resources go for information this place is pretty damn good imo

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Normally I would love this post but don’t think it fits here. Those of us on here are here for other reasons and I doubt would shill something just to make a couple dollars. If we were on a coin specific Reddit sub I would say **** everyone’s “advice” but here I believe some are looking for advice and some have knowledge to pass.
That last bit was just taking the piss, lol I was not specifically talking about crypto, just giving some general overall investing advice. I see often and know people who literally have lost truck loads in this fashion.

Probably took the guys post out of context, im not on this thread often and just randomly saw it and wanted to give my $0.02.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really wish I can say happy April fools, but who am I fooling???

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's crypto. It swings hard. if wall street dips 10% it's a panic. if Crypto dips 10% it's a lunch break. It's horribly manipulated and all you can really do is accumulate assets that you think have a solid use case. It's a bear market right now, but my money says 2018 real reach new ATH again.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's crypto. It swings hard. if wall street dips 10% it's a panic. if Crypto dips 10% it's a lunch break. It's horribly manipulated and all you can really do is accumulate assets that you think have a solid use case. It's a bear market right now, but my money says 2018 real reach new ATH again.
The best part of my shoes is at this point I really dont mind losing it all (as in I can take the loss with what I put in, but I do mind) and just keeping it in there and see what happens in a year or two. Can take the loss but have everything too gain simply by being in it to win it with my small risk.

Its really fun actually checking all day long quickly updated news, tracking #'s...for some reason its just a part of my life now and I would feel heavily missed out without it. Im a man of routine. Telling my wife my almost daily "Crypto crashed speeches." I was never into stocks prior but Im slowly looking into that too, now I really know I messed up not putting thousands into Microsoft and Apple years ago lol.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LFIN was a total insider scam, the three owners of the company tried to collect 27 million bucks in profit. SEC froze their assets. And anyone that has shares outstanding, those shares are halted and probably worthless now. Man, they fukked over a bunch of bagholders. :dance::woohoo::banana::eek:wned2:

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
Something similar just happened to Centra this week (CTR). It was found to be an exit scam (basically take the money & run) but the SEC found them out and a couple of big exchanges delisted their coin.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know it’s been bouncing around like a fat kid on a water bed lately but the last couple of days seem to be the strongest upturn for a while......?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tax day is almost here and people are ready to start spending again is the theory. Who knows, but we knew a bull run would be coming at some point. If anyone has money not already in, good time to take profits.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got my taxes back months ago, what is everyone else doing lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tax day is almost here and people are ready to start spending again is the theory. Who knows, but we knew a bull run would be coming at some point. If anyone has money not already in, good time to take profits.
Yeah I have a relatively sizeable amount of cash in the bank doing nothing right now. I’ve been waiting for the upturn and just contemplating how much risk I’m prepared to take......

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
Looks like another factor is that the Grand Imam just declared yesterday that Bitcoin is Halal, meaning in accordance with Islamic scripture. Generally Islam frowns upon speculation r in non-backed assets, and several months ago 2 clergy were fired over dealings in Bitcoin. I don't know the reasoning behind the about-face, but the result is that a group of some 1.8 billion worldwide, some from some pretty wealthy countries, are getting into the crypto game.

Also, 2 days ago VenRock (the Rockefellers' venture capital firm) announced that they were going to begin investing in blockchain tech and the companies working on it. Billionaire George Soros also hinted recently that he might be "getting into" cryptocurrency trading. Now obviously with what a statement like this can do to the markets, it's probably a good bet that he was neck deep in positions already before saying so. With big money like the Rockefellers and Soros in the pool the water is sure to heat up.

There's actually a conspiracy theory going around that when the big players saw the potential of BTC and other coins in December, they manipulated the market so that it would crash and they could get in on the cheap, slowly enough that prices wouldn't rise until their positions were consolidated and the announcements were made. Given the anonymity of crypto we'll never know if this is the case, but it's not as far-fetched as saying we never landed on the moon etc.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone that thinks there isn't manipulation should really pay closer attention.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Anyone that thinks there isn't manipulation should really pay closer attention.
Most things have some form of manipulation - I accept I’m far to small a fish to be in the top levels, my aim is to be the first of the masses

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure you all have heard of Spoofy by now. If not, read up. He (or they) are just one of many many investors running this market.

Don't know if anyone saw the chart from yesterday but people shorting BTC yesterday got slaughtered. This has been floating all over reddit. On the BTC sub, people are reporting losses of amounts that would make me downright cry. Lol, hopefully they followed the #1 rule.

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
The manipulation is brutal! Even on a per-coin level I've watched 3 pump & dumps in the three days I've been watching the markets closely. I lost 5% of my funds trying to catch the wave on one, only to find that it was about to hit the downslope. Rookie mistake I won't repeat!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have 4 Discord channels that I get notices for everyday for pump and dumps. I just can't bring myself to do one because I know people are getting ****ed.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don’t have enough time to play the pump and dumps lol

I need to get back into my normal Crypto Discord though, it helped me stay on top of the news a lot better. I deleted the email I used though so will have to restart.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well looky here, I am in the green again on part of my portfolio. I just need things to stay down until May 15 as I have a nice bonus coming in.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well looky here, I am in the green again on part of my portfolio. I just need things to stay down until May 15 as I have a nice bonus coming in.
Isnt Mt. Gox trustee just going to dump another load of bitcoin and crash the system again?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have until at least September. I’m not sure how the legal system works in Japan, but I read they are trying to find a way to minimize the sell off as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't look now, but our beloved (at least those I convinced to buy into, lol) GNT is on a tear. It's been added to 3 major exchanges and mentioned by Coinbase as a "great project" and the CEO loves it. Testnet and Mainnet are live and so far, working as designed. It's early in the year and already at .00009 sats.

Keep an eye on this to accumulate more while it's still "cheap".

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't look now, but our beloved (at least those I convinced to buy into, lol) GNT is on a tear. It's been added to 3 major exchanges and mentioned by Coinbase as a "great project" and the CEO loves it. Testnet and Mainnet are live and so far, working as designed. It's early in the year and already at .00009 sats.

Keep an eye on this to accumulate more while it's still "cheap".

What was it you said about shilling your preferred coin? oh right:

Bro, you obviously have a lot invested in XRP. That is a whole lot of shilling in one post. Lol

Gotta be careful with that because it starts to make all further posts seem like there is an agenda.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know you are patting yourself on the back because you think you have a zinger, but this is a coin we've discussed, among others, before you joined the thread. Awareness of a project is different than continual shilling of a project in each post with admitted desire to influence the movement of the price. I'm sorry that my post has been eating at you this whole time though.

And the fact that I joked about "buying into" isn't lost on me.

Also, if so inclined, go into the post history and you'll find that I had sold my GNT so this is no benefit to me personally.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
shilling of a project in each post with admitted desire to influence the movement of the price.
a person would have to be pretty naive to think that posting a once or twice in a single thread, in a forum called "anobolicminds" would have an impact of any nature on the price of digital asset within a $400 billion market.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember that guy "shilling" the Ripple, I really dont see what the big deal is, he just sounded excited about holding it and came on a roid forum to vent his rage.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know you are patting yourself on the back because you think you have a zinger, but this is a coin we've discussed, among others, before you joined the thread. Awareness of a project is different than continual shilling of a project in each post with admitted desire to influence the movement of the price. I'm sorry that my post has been eating at you this whole time though.

And the fact that I joked about "buying into" isn't lost on me.

Also, if so inclined, go into the post history and you'll find that I had sold my GNT so this is no benefit to me personally.
Funnily enough I was only thinking about how I brought a few thousand gnt after hearing about it from you and then remembering being too lazy to ship them (so I still have them all)....

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My bytecoin is doing very well today.....waiting on a hard fork and hopefully getting on binance. They have been actively doing things to pickup this coin. Only thing that sucks is that often if your google bytecoin it wants to correct it to bitcoin, they gotta do something about that.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, almost everything is looking good right now. I actually enjoy looking at my portfolio again.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully SONM will take off once they get their conferences going since they updated their white paper.

TRON almost cracked 0.10 yesterday was but it’s down now.

I sold the GNT I had. Looking at SALT white paper and may sell that off as well

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SALT f'd themselves IMO and I also sold it off. They bombed any marketing opportunities, delayed in hiring the CFO, and rolled out the product too soon, keeping loans stuck in queue and damaging their reputation. Plus, arbitrage doesn't work when the whole market is down. Maybe it will pick up. Too may other great projects to keep my money there, though.

TRON is one I expect to climb over the next couple weeks and then hit near ATH before mainnet on the 31st, then sell off. I am considering buying a chunk to ride the wave up.

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
My plan too, got some TRX lined up. It's getting listed on CoinTiger tomorrow so don't wait too long!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to buy some ormius coin soon

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Now let's hope we get that same momentum from the end of last year from this point. Lol I saw Coinbase doubled up their engineering staff for this year, hopefully they'll start adding some new stuff to be traded? Lots of big money will probably start rolling in again from financial firms from what I have seen.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now let's hope we get that same momentum from the end of last year from this point. Lol I saw Coinbase doubled up their engineering staff for this year, hopefully they'll start adding some new stuff to be traded? Lots of big money will probably start rolling in again from financial firms from what I have seen.
I get my bitcoin at Abra now, they have a bunch of "virtual" crypto but you can buy and withdraw Bitcoin and they have been completing my orders in 2-3 days vs. 7 days every time on Coinbase. And most importantly your not being charged an arm and leg for fees for the purchases which is really nice when your buying small amounts.