Covid Vaccine anyone?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone get it? which one? Any side effects?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, but if you’d like a bunch of fear mongering as to why you shouldn’t get it, there’s another vaccine thread that’ll tell you. Oh and peruse the Donald Trump thread as well - a lot of it going on in there too.

I’d pick one you’re okay with.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Got my 2nd dose (Pfizer) last week. Woke up the next day with the chills. Lasted about 4 hours. Been good ever since. Well worth the peace of mind.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
wife (who is breasfeeding as well) got her 2 in december (nurse) - zero sides except a slight headache the evening of dose 2
got my 2 in feb and had zero sides from either.

both of us got pfizer.

Mom, dad, sister, stepmom, 3 grandparents, 3 aunt/uncles have all gotten it as well and nobody had anything more than a slight "flu" type feeling the night of dose 2 (was about 50% of all the people I know who have gotten it). Not a single person with anything beyond the next day.

In total I know about 75 people who I am "close" to (work collegues, friends, immediate family, etc) and not a single complication or side beyond the day after dose 2 among them. Most about 60/40 pfizer/moderna and 1-2 who got j&j

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wife (who is breasfeeding as well) got her 2 in december (nurse) - zero sides except a slight headache the evening of dose 2
got my 2 in feb and had zero sides from either.

both of us got pfizer.

Mom, dad, sister, stepmom, 3 grandparents, 3 aunt/uncles have all gotten it as well and nobody had anything more than a slight "flu" type feeling the night of dose 2 (was about 50% of all the people I know who have gotten it). Not a single person with anything beyond the next day.

In total I know about 75 people who I am "close" to (work collegues, friends, immediate family, etc) and not a single complication or side beyond the day after dose 2 among them. Most about 60/40 pfizer/moderna and 1-2 who got j&j
got any studies on long term effect?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
got any studies on long term effect?
haha if only it were that easy... Honestly though, theres nothing about any of the vaccines that it truly "brand new" either in regard to the MOA or the overall use/effects. The fact that it came out "so fast" was due to 2 key factors being 1) they've been working with other corona strains for years already and 2) when you pour 99% of your resources into one, focused project you almost always get faster results.

I'm just a manufacturing guy but with a family full of medical professionals I tend to trust their opinions and they all were strongly in support of it. Even though the fatality rate is not as dramatic as something like ebola or a truly wicked virus, the complications and severity of the symptoms for so many is just too much to ignore and what it does in general to the healthcare system is more than they're built to handle.

For me, it's more a question of what seems more reasonable/realistic in a short timeframe: A) training up hundreds of thousands of new doctors, nurses, etc to combat the actual cases or B) creating a vaccine to slow the spread and limit severity.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
haha if only it were that easy... Honestly though, theres nothing about any of the vaccines that it truly "brand new" either in regard to the MOA or the overall use/effects. The fact that it came out "so fast" was due to 2 key factors being 1) they've been working with other corona strains for years already and 2) when you pour 99% of your resources into one, focused project you almost always get faster results.

I'm just a manufacturing guy but with a family full of medical professionals I tend to trust their opinions and they all were strongly in support of it. Even though the fatality rate is not as dramatic as something like ebola or a truly wicked virus, the complications and severity of the symptoms for so many is just too much to ignore and what it does in general to the healthcare system is more than they're built to handle.

For me, it's more a question of what seems more reasonable/realistic in a short timeframe: A) training up hundreds of thousands of new doctors, nurses, etc to combat the actual cases or B) creating a vaccine to slow the spread and limit severity.
a few months ago my wife and i both tested positive for covid 19, although our symptoms were very, very mild i had just retired so we quarantined ourselves at our lake house for 2 weeks. now we are fully recovered and i am in training for my 1st 7k race....

my wife and i are choosing not to get the vaccine, but i hope every thing turns out well for your entire family especially your infant...btw-congrats on the baby!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
a few months ago my wife and i both tested positive for covid 19, although our symptoms were very, very mild i had just retired so we quarantined ourselves at our lake house for 2 weeks. now we are fully recovered and i am in training for my 1st 7k race....

my wife and i are choosing not to get the vaccine, but i hope every thing turns out well for your entire family especially your infant...btw-congrats on the baby!!!
Thank you!

I agree that it definitely makes a big difference for those who have had it (actual covid) vs not... If I had it, I probably wouldn't have bothered (at least not for awhile) simply due to the fact taht you know your body can fight it and will likely have a stable of antibodies for at least 6mo or so... For me, another 6mo (so basically 18mo since they started testing the first vaccines) would be enough to be comfortable with findings. Obviously nobody knows the true "long term" but that's the case with nearly anything. It's extremely rare to see data beyond a year or two simply because nobody can afford to only test (aka no profit) forever.

Side note for all the true crazies (on BOTH sides!): This is how differing opinions can have an adult conversation haha

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I got both shots of Moderna with my second being about a month ago.
1st shot had me pretty sick for about 18 hours.
2nd shot I was perfectly fine.

I've heard rumors' people who get sick from the first dose have had covid before, I never had symptoms but wouldn't surprise me. Both my parents got it but I live out of town, I travel back home regularly to Oklahoma and no one there cares or wears masks so none of my friends do. I work with 200+ people on a daily basis in construction, mostly communicating with the foreman who then come into contact with their guys. We require masks but you know how that goes, probably had 40+ people on our site get it, some no symptoms, some mild symptoms, some really bad symptoms. My wife is a nurse so thats another high chance of getting it.

Our company CEO sits on an advisory board of John Hopkins with several very highly ranked medical professionals - plus we do TONS of medical/labratory/pharmaceutical work across the country so the company as a whole has tons of industry ties. I figure if the CEO of a billion dollar company with ties to John Hopkins is getting it, he knows more than any other person I will talk to about the damn thing.

The vaccine was 'fast tracked' because coronaviruses aren't new. Not to mention, when the piddly paperwork BS that slows down research doesn't sit on approvers desks for weeks at a time, things can actually happen quickly with the government believe it or not.

All in all, it's a vaccine, just like other pharmaceuticals people will have adverse reactions. Nothing new. No one is forcing anyone to get it, either get it if you want to or don't. Just like the vaccine - no long term effects of Covid are currently known either.

The conspiracy crap is nothing new and not surprising. Until someone they love is dead from the virus, they won't change, and even then they likely are too dense to understand at that point.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
diben says fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks or social distance....the next day 8 fully vaccinated NY yankees tested positive.....

say it aint so joe

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No masks required in the gym today. Thanks to the vaccine we can go maskless. Grocery stores as well. So no more of that restricted cardio training.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had both doses of Pfizer (easiest to get from my house). I'm intermittent fasting so both doses were after about ~18 hours of fasting before dinner. Mild lightheadness from the first shot which cleared up a lot with hydration and dinner. Slight headache. Nothing really to report from dose #2, no fever on any of the temperature scans at work (still 2x a day at my workplace)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
people walking around with a false sense of security...those NY yankees tested positive but didn't show any symptoms---if not for strict testing of professional sports those guys would have thought they couldn't spread the disease and who knows how many at risk people they could have infected...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
8 fully vaccinated NY yankees tested positive for covid---just because you got the vaccine don't think you can't be infecting at risk people.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We do not know enough from that example to draw conclusions:
1. What stage after the vaccine were they infected with Covid
2. Did they contract a variant
3. They tested positive and had no symptoms-this is the vaccine working as it explicitly states if contracted one does not suffer effects or is hospitalized.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We do not know enough from that example to draw conclusions:
1. What stage after the vaccine were they infected with Covid
2. Did they contract a variant
3. They tested positive and had no symptoms-this is the vaccine working as it explicitly states if contracted one does not suffer effects or is hospitalized.
did you read the article?
1.it states they were FULLY vaccinated
2.article didn't say
3.this is the danger--if those guys weren't tested even though they showed no symptoms i can only imagine how many at risk people they could have infected thinking they didn't have covid because they were fully vaccinated-parents/grandparents....fortunately professional athletes get tested often, the same can't be said about the general public who if they don't have symptoms aren't going to get tested, imo.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I forget one more question, how long ago. 6 months is the expected duration. If Vacc. in Dec or Jan it is weak by now.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"did you read the article?
1.it states they were FULLY vaccinated "

News media so unreliable that one has to explicitly ask for verification from other sources.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I forget one more question, how long ago. 6 months is the expected duration. If Vacc. in Dec or Jan it is weak by now.
really?
so people expecting protection from covid are required to get vaccinated twice [2x] yearly?

i wonder how many getting vaccine are aware of this?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Walk back.? The link is not me walking back quote from link which is dated April 9, 2021

How Long Does Protection Last?
The CDC’s official position is “We don’t know,” and Gulick told Intelligencer, “We’re just starting to understand how long that immunity may last.” A piece of the answer came last week from Pfizer, which announced that antibodies triggered by the jab and the strong immunity they prompt persists for at least six months among vaccinated individuals — even against more contagious variants. New research also suggests that the protection the Moderna vaccine gives lasts for at least six months. That doesn’t mean immunity from these shots stops at six months, it’s how long volunteers in clinical trials of the vaccines have been followed. Gulick says some experts “would say it may last even longer, but we don’t have a good answer as of yet.”
“The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are shockingly good mimics of natural infection,” biologist and former Harvard professor William Haseltine told The Atlantic. “But it’s really important to stress the fact that these vaccines are likely to be temporary protection. A year or maybe two.”
Several factors may influence how much protection the vaccines provide and for how long, Chunhuei Chi, director of the Center for Global Health at Oregon State University, told the Washington Post. For instance, people who have a stronger immune response to a vaccine will produce more antibodies and memory cells — and therefore have stronger immunity, he said. But, he adds, there is not currently evidence to show that a stronger immune response will increase the duration of immunity. Another factor is whether new, more infectious variants crop up that could dampen the vaccine’s efficacy. “With my HIV patients with an immunocompromised system, I always warn them, ‘You got the vaccine, you’ll get immunity, but still be cautious and wear a face mask,’” Gulick said.
Will We Need Booster Shots?
Experts believe the coronavirus pandemic is likely to become endemic, meaning the virus will stick around in populations, potentially requiring booster shots to beef up immunity. “We need to plan that this is something we may need to maintain control over chronically,” Fauci said in November. “It may be something that becomes endemic, that we have to just be careful about.”

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Walk back.? The link is not me walking back quote from link which is dated April 9, 2021

How Long Does Protection Last?
The CDC’s official position is “We don’t know,” and Gulick told Intelligencer, “We’re just starting to understand how long that immunity may last.” A piece of the answer came last week from Pfizer, which announced that antibodies triggered by the jab and the strong immunity they prompt persists for at least six months among vaccinated individuals — even against more contagious variants. New research also suggests that the protection the Moderna vaccine gives lasts for at least six months. That doesn’t mean immunity from these shots stops at six months, it’s how long volunteers in clinical trials of the vaccines have been followed. Gulick says some experts “would say it may last even longer, but we don’t have a good answer as of yet.”
“The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are shockingly good mimics of natural infection,” biologist and former Harvard professor William Haseltine told The Atlantic. “But it’s really important to stress the fact that these vaccines are likely to be temporary protection. A year or maybe two.”
Several factors may influence how much protection the vaccines provide and for how long, Chunhuei Chi, director of the Center for Global Health at Oregon State University, told the Washington Post. For instance, people who have a stronger immune response to a vaccine will produce more antibodies and memory cells — and therefore have stronger immunity, he said. But, he adds, there is not currently evidence to show that a stronger immune response will increase the duration of immunity. Another factor is whether new, more infectious variants crop up that could dampen the vaccine’s efficacy. “With my HIV patients with an immunocompromised system, I always warn them, ‘You got the vaccine, you’ll get immunity, but still be cautious and wear a face mask,’” Gulick said.
Will We Need Booster Shots?
Experts believe the coronavirus pandemic is likely to become endemic, meaning the virus will stick around in populations, potentially requiring booster shots to beef up immunity. “We need to plan that this is something we may need to maintain control over chronically,” Fauci said in November. “It may be something that becomes endemic, that we have to just be careful about.”
we don't know about sums it up-eh?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed and saw this a.m. CDC reports at least 10,000 reinfected after vaccine as of end of April. Variants? antibodies weakening? nobody knows.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed and saw this a.m. CDC reports at least 10,000 reinfected after vaccine as of end of April. Variants? antibodies weakening? nobody knows.
considering the vast majority of Americans have been given both vaccinations for only a few months it makes that number much more significant, imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Which will we see first:

Longterm sides from Sarms or the vax ?
never used a sarm...
no covid vax....

here is something interesting i read. people who run/jog or walk fast are far less likely to die or be hospitalized from covid even if obese...apparently just walking isn't included.

this might explain why my wife and i had such mild symptoms from covid?

Olderoo

Olderoo

Awards
Gotta shot two days ago. Have had diarrhea, the chills, occasional vomiting, loss of appetite, red scrotum. Sex drive has gone away. 2nd shot comes when they pay me big $$$.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing fishy about the massive push for a vaccine for a virus that has a 99.973% survival rate. I have worked all my life on my immune system. I am not about to take a toxic vaccine for this nothing burger of a virus - cause the government and media says I am supposed too.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which will we see first:

Longterm sides from Sarms or the vax ?
Lol I had a thought about that. Haven't used SARMs in 4-5 years, but if I ever end up getting the vaccine, I may as well start using SARMs again!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
10,000 reinfected, as in tested positive only or actually felt sick?

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Gotta shot two days ago. Have had diarrhea, the chills, occasional vomiting, loss of appetite, red scrotum. Sex drive has gone away. 2nd shot comes when they pay me big $$$.
That is your decision although I see it as a bad one. Did you have covid prior to the 1st dose that you are aware of? I wonder if you did and still had antibodies. That could explain why you reacted as you did from the 1st dose. The overwhelming majority of folks get nothing more than a little PIP from the 1st dose. The 2nd dose gave me a nagging headache for a couple days and the chills for about 6 hours the following morning.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Something you won’t see on CNN/Fox.
Many physicians feel this way but there are more that are falling into the group think of the mainstream agenda. Very much worth your time to listen!

I always ask myself. What would someone like him have to gain when he is going against the grain? It wouldn’t be fame or fortune that I can tell...🤷🏼‍♂️ on the other hand Vaccines made 9+ new billionaires.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
I had Moderna
I still have tinnitus since the jab... googled it and its a thing apparently

That and the impending resurge of cases, i guess its better than death....

Didnt help my anxiety when i a) went to get a shot fasted (mistake!) b) the guy next to me hit the deck and got carried off on a stretcher to a special room -he was 5 minutes ahead of me, i was bricking it for that 5 minutes!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A few more months and will need another jab of the Johnson & Johnson. Per their study recommended eight months after the first. Increases antibodies 9-fold.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
A few more months and will need another jab of the Johnson & Johnson. Per their study recommended eight months after the first. Increases antibodies 9-fold.
and it still isn't going to be as good as my NATURAL antibodies, lol.

i am actually HAPPY i caught covid when i did-nothing to it and now i'm done with it!!!

johnsar

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That is your decision although I see it as a bad one. Did you have covid prior to the 1st dose that you are aware of? I wonder if you did and still had antibodies. That could explain why you reacted as you did from the 1st dose. The overwhelming majority of folks get nothing more than a little PIP from the 1st dose. The 2nd dose gave me a nagging headache for a couple days and the chills for about 6 hours the following morning.
Unfortunately another side effect is death.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
and it still isn't going to be as good as my NATURAL antibodies, lol.

i am actually HAPPY i caught covid when i did-nothing to it and now i'm done with it!!!
Serious question. How long ago did you have covid? When is the last time you've have blood drawn? I'm curious as to how long the antibodies from having covid last. I've heard something to the effect of 3 months. What has been your exp with this?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serious question. How long ago did you have covid? When is the last time you've have blood drawn? I'm curious as to how long the antibodies from having covid last. I've heard something to the effect of 3 months. What has been your exp with this?
I know people who caught covid 2 or even 3 times. So unless one checks his antibodies level regularly, he can’t say he is done w tu covid.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I know people who caught covid 2 or even 3 times. So unless one checks his antibodies level regularly, he can’t say he is done w tu covid.
supposedly there's T cell based immunity too

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anecdote here. Had covid in nov 2020 and just had antibodies tested at 100U/ML (.8-2500 range)

This is obviously low on the scale but it is 1 year after infection and antibodies area really just the tip of the ice burg. Memory B cells and T cells will be tasked with mounting immune response with re exposure and creating neutralizing antibodies.

How I look at my antibody data is that a year out I’m still showing antibodies means I probably had a fairly good infection and hopefully my memory B cells and T cells are primed to be effective upon RE-exposure, yes even to variants. There is a lot of variables that will come into play as to what this will look like. Could he mild/asymptomatic or it could still he challenging for me depending on a host of variables.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IMG_8727.JPG

Just another crazy conspiracy theorist

Then you look at her credentials