CopyCat Tries Out LG's Lipotropic PB Protein

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cracked open LG's Lipotropic PB protein this morning​

Profile: 10/10
This product has a solid profile with top quality protein along with high BCAA's and Glutimine.

Flavor: 6/10
Well, it does have a PB taste to it, but for me I'm not really digging it too much though. It's definitely not disgusting or anything like that, I guess just not what I was anticipating.

Mixability: 8/10
It mixes fairly well in regards to there being no clumps etc left over. The shake as a whole was a bit chalky tasting, not really grainy, but more chalky.

Notes:
The packaging is solid, but the current container is way to big, but from what I understand the 5lbs tubs were used just to ship these trial flavors out and later a more appropriate tub will be used for the 2.2lbs. The powder is dense and almost moist like, it does get everywhere. I believe it was in capnsavem's review where he likens it to flour. It mixes well with no clumps, but does remain chalky. Now, the flavor... it does taste like PB, but wasn't what I was anticipating. Not really sure what I was anticipating, but it wasn't this. I won't go as far to say as it's bad, but just not to my liking. I couldn't drink this every time I need a protein shake. Luckily I always have like 3-4 different tubs and flavors open so I just alternate. Chocolate is really the only flavor I don't get tired of any ways. The solid profile is why we really drink these things any ways, right?

Also, to note is that I mixed 2 scoops with about 18oz of room temperature water. I will be experimenting with varying amount of liquid to powder ratios, cold water, and milk to see if I can find a sweet spot.

Any questions, thoughts, or saved rounds send 'em my way.

Overall, LG has a pretty good and solid product here, even if the flavor is not to my palate.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'll be trying this stuff tonight! :) Package just came right now, actually. Never had PB flavored protein, and don't really like gemma flavor, but this might be good.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I've never had PB flavor protein before either. I've had ATW's PB chocolate which I LOVE so I thought I'd give this a shot. It's not too bad, just different. As I tweak my servings etc for the sweet spot I'll also give this a mix with chocolate as well and see how that comes out.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've never had PB flavor protein before either. I've had ATW's PB chocolate which I LOVE so I thought I'd give this a shot. It's not too bad, just different. As I tweak my servings etc for the sweet spot I'll also give this a mix with chocolate as well and see how that comes out.
I bet it would taste awesome with chocolate! I think the PB is really good! It reminds me of Butter Finger candy bar.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bet it would taste awesome with chocolate! I think the PB is really good! It reminds me of Butter Finger candy bar.
How many scoops did you use and how much water did you mix it with? I just wonder if mine wasn't mixed with enough water and it was room temp, I usually prefer cold temp.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How many scoops did you use and how much water did you mix it with? I just wonder if mine wasn't mixed with enough water and it was room temp, I usually prefer cold temp.
I used one scoop in about 5 oz of milk mixed with 4 oz of water.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

i use 11oz water/ 2 scoops ....thats my spot;)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I still need to experiment a little to find mine.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
interesting review, and much appreciated feedback

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback man, this will only help us imrpove it for all of us :)