Coop's Corner #1: Forskolin + B-agonists

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This will be the first of a series of interesting studies and analysis. It's posted here rather than the science section because I think everyone can benefit from knowing this stuff.

Today's topic is how forskolin synergizes with B-agonists in actual humans for the purpose of fat loss.

Here is the paper I'm referencing: Forskolin Potentiates Isoprenaline-Induced Glycerol Output and Local Blood Flow in Human Adipose Tissue in vivo - Enoksson - 2009 - Pharmacology & Toxicology - Wiley Online Library.

Forskolin, by acting downstream of the b-adrenergic receptor, increases adenyl cyclase activity and thus elevates cAMP. This amplifies the intracellular signal saying "burn fat," such that the body interprets normal B-receptor stimulation as something greater. The combination will maximize fat loss in a given period of time.

B-Agonists you can use: ECA stack, Alphamine, Alpha-T2
Forskolin products you can use: Forskolin-95, Primaforce Forskolin, PNI Paragon

Happy fat loss everyone!

sheepdog.tx

sheepdog.tx

Awards
Hi Mr Cooper,

Really enjoyed you articles on yohimbine, forskolin, and B2 receptors. I wanted to see if you'd weigh in on my recomp stack as I was looking to build it off your articles and comments.

Before breakfast (low carb/high protien): Dexaprime/ALA/Green coffee bean(50%)/Forskolin-95 25-50mg
Prelunch MISS cardio: Forskolin-95 25-50mg, Dexaprime XR + Yohimbine 2.5mg at start, 25 and 45 min mark
Before lunch (low carb/high protien): ALA/Green coffee bean/Recompadrol
PreWO: Forskolin-95 25-50mg, Dexaprime XR + Yohimbine 2.5mg at start, 25 and 45 min mark
PostWO shake: 50%/50% carb/whey +2g creapure
PostWO meal (mid carb/high protien)l: fish oil/ALA/Green coffee bean/Recompadrol/Slin-sane

Change dosing? Change sups?

raptor2003

Awards
comment?

Don't know if this would occur in other tissues

Eur J Pharmacol. 1990 Jan 10;175(2):203-5.

Caffeine inhibits forskolin-stimulated cyclic AMP accumulation in rat brain.

Mante S, Minneman KP.

Department of Pharmacology, Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, GA 30322.

Caffeine potently inhibited forskolin-stimulated cyclic AMP accumulation in slices of rat cerebral cortex. The IC50 for this inhibition was 21 +/- 2.9 microM, and 200 microM caffeine almost completely blocked the forskolin response. Theophylline which is a behavioural stimulant mimicked the effect of caffeine. However, there was only a slight inhibition of the forskolin response by theobromine and IBMX (3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine), both of which lack behavioral stimulant effects.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hi Mr Cooper,

Really enjoyed you articles on yohimbine, forskolin, and B2 receptors. I wanted to see if you'd weigh in on my recomp stack as I was looking to build it off your articles and comments.

Before breakfast (low carb/high protien): Dexaprime/ALA/Green coffee bean(50%)/Forskolin-95 25-50mg
Prelunch MISS cardio: Forskolin-95 25-50mg, Dexaprime XR + Yohimbine 2.5mg at start, 25 and 45 min mark
Before lunch (low carb/high protien): ALA/Green coffee bean/Recompadrol
PreWO: Forskolin-95 25-50mg, Dexaprime XR + Yohimbine 2.5mg at start, 25 and 45 min mark
PostWO shake: 50%/50% carb/whey +2g creapure
PostWO meal (mid carb/high protien)l: fish oil/ALA/Green coffee bean/Recompadrol/Slin-sane

Change dosing? Change sups?
Looks very good if you can tolerate the yohimbine + dexaprine. You can remove the carbs from your postworkout shake (no demonstrated benefit). Take your ALA and GCB with carbs rather than with a low carb meal

comment?

Don't know if this would occur in other tissues

Eur J Pharmacol. 1990 Jan 10;175(2):203-5.

Caffeine inhibits forskolin-stimulated cyclic AMP accumulation in rat brain.

Mante S, Minneman KP.

Department of Pharmacology, Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, GA 30322.

Caffeine potently inhibited forskolin-stimulated cyclic AMP accumulation in slices of rat cerebral cortex. The IC50 for this inhibition was 21 +/- 2.9 microM, and 200 microM caffeine almost completely blocked the forskolin response. Theophylline which is a behavioural stimulant mimicked the effect of caffeine. However, there was only a slight inhibition of the forskolin response by theobromine and IBMX (3-isobutyl-1-methylxanthine), both of which lack behavioral stimulant effects.
It wouldn't. Adenosine (caffeine's target) plays a HUGELY different role in the CNS

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Alpha t-2 is the **** - just sayin'

ion26

ion26

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on taking forskolin during PCT to minimize fat gains while keeping calories high?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Thoughts on taking forskolin during PCT to minimize fat gains while keeping calories high?
Can't hurt, for an even better PCT stack I would add ABE, but Forskolin is great solo as well.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't hurt, for an even better PCT stack I would add ABE, but Forskolin is great solo as well.

What driven said. I am no PCT expert, but I've also seen Coop mention specifically about Forskolin being something worth using in PCT as well. :)

bechsgaard

bechsgaard

Banned
Awards
In! Great thread coop, thoughts on forskolin a value in a lean bulk

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is definitely VERY SMART stacking. ;)
But there are other natural beta-agonists; Muira Puama extract is one(1).
I've seen quite a few in nature and we've tested some of them. The extract b-agonists don't really play out as well for whatever reason, but we're playing with a few now that rock

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
I been using AS forskolin 95 since 26 march. Started at 50mg and and now 100-150mg a day. I still got one bottle left, should I use it, even though i will be exceeding a 12 weeks run if i do?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I been using AS forskolin 95 since 26 march. Started at 50mg and and now 100-150mg a day. I still got one bottle left, should I use it, even though i will be exceeding a 12 weeks run if i do?
You can finish up that last bottle if you want. :)

Have you enjoyed your Forskolin-95 during this time? Always appreciate some feedback. ;)

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
You can finish up that last bottle if you want. :)

Have you enjoyed your Forskolin-95 during this time? Always appreciate some feedback. ;)
Nice!

Yes most certainly, I am on a bulk (permabulk hehe) and I have almost not gained any noticeable fat at all! The weight have been going up very slowly even though my calorie surplus would be something around 500-1k over maintenance (hard gainer I suppose). Body composition looks solid as well, made some noticeable gains. :)