Cooking with whey

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, how about something along the lines of a snickers or chocolate peanut butter pie?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, how about something along the lines of a snickers or chocolate peanut butter pie?
You could make "snickers bars" (or "cups") the same way you make the pb cups/fudge.

-line a tray with sludge and freeze

-add Walden Farms Caramel Dip and peanuts, then freeze again

-top with a layer of sludge and freeze one last time

-cut into bars and enjoy :)

I'll give that a shot sometime.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could make "snickers bars" (or "cups") the same way you make the pb cups/fudge. -line a tray with sludge and freeze-add Walden Farms Caramel Dip and peanuts, then freeze again-top with a layer of sludge and freeze one last time-cut into bars and enjoy :)I'll give that a shot sometime.
Thanks Breezy.. that sounds like it would work perfect.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Breezy.. that sounds like it would work perfect.
No problem man. I'd test it out today, but only have a couple scoops of OxyELITE Protein left. :(

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Choc PB Pie = The Cups like Breezy Said, The Pie would be the top/bottom of the chocolate and the middle with PB (as seen in the cup)

You could even get rid of the PB and add nuts in the middle and then freeze to make a snickers with Walden Farm Caramel Sauce

Easy does it right? :)

Always open for more though.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about some Chocolate Chip or Chocolate Banana Bread?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just did the loaves above buddy (add banana into the batter and chocolate chips) = Done.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Bob, the above recipe which calls for 100g Greek yogurt AND 100g non fat plain yogurt. I use non fat plain greek yogurt so 200g of that would be sufficient, correct? I don't know if there is a reason to use both due to consistency or whatnot, which is why I ask.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey Bob, the above recipe which calls for 100g Greek yogurt AND 100g non fat plain yogurt. I use non fat plain greek yogurt so 200g of that would be sufficient, correct? I don't know if there is a reason to use both due to consistency or whatnot, which is why I ask.
Non Fat Regular Yogurt is not the same as Greek Yogurt, for overall consistency thats why i use a mix of two (and the same in sludge bowls) you can use 200g of Greek Yogurt if you want, the final product may be skewed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man. Everything seems pretty adaptable. Need to do some cooking this weekend.

Yup, if you want banana i would suggest dropping the greek yogurt and mashing the banana into the formula would be a good replacement to keep the final product moist

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man. Everything seems pretty adaptable. Need to do some cooking this weekend.

Yup, if you want banana i would suggest dropping the greek yogurt and mashing the banana into the formula would be a good replacement to keep the final product moist

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anytime bud, always open to suggestions like stated. i found the OEP powder does not rise very well and more thicker (due to the MPI/Blend) and works better for holding together thing and not rising products. So baking breads wont rise as much as you expect (as seen in the loaf picture) they kind of deflate.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So am i.. even with a 500g carb refeed. still hungry :(

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So am i.. even with a 500g carb refeed. still hungry :(
This OG AB + ArA has my hunger insane right now. I finish a meal and feel like I ate nothing.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solution where did you get all all these good recipes ?! I'm trying some out today since it looks like rain is on the way! Much thanks brotha

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Anabeta and this is my first go with ArA.
How are you enjoying the ArA so far, or, too soon to tell?

I've yet to try AB, been meaning to, though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Solution where did you get all all these good recipes ?! I'm trying some out today since it looks like rain is on the way! Much thanks brotha
I honestly just think of them off my head.. if i want something i just try and make it with different alternatives, google a recipe and try to sub in different things and experiment. Simple.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you enjoying the ArA so far, or, too soon to tell?

I've yet to try AB, been meaning to, though.
I'm just now starting week two and have seen some differences already. Hearing from others though who have already taken it before, this is when it really kicks in.

For sure try AB/ABE. You won't be disappointed.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I'm just now starting week two and have seen some differences already. Hearing from others though who have already taken it before, this is when it really kicks in.

For sure try AB/ABE. You won't be disappointed.
When I ran ArA, around the end of week 2 is when I noticed some positive results. Enjoyed my run. Last several days, I tried 8 pills per day, on workout days only. Noticed great DOMS--which I like--but nice muscle fullness.

I've got AB in my sights. Will give it a go probably in October or so.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I ran ArA, around the end of week 2 is when I noticed some positive results. Enjoyed my run. Last several days, I tried 8 pills per day, on workout days only. Noticed great DOMS--which I like--but nice muscle fullness.

I've got AB in my sights. Will give it a go probably in October or so.
Excited to see what ArA does for me.

Ill have to give ARA a shot in the future.
For sure man. I've been wanting to give it a run for a while now.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Homemade Chocolate Soft Serve with Quest PB Cups:

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups:

Chocolate Microwaveable Cheesecake:

PharmAnalyst

PharmAnalyst

Awards
  • Established
Brilliant recipes, I'll be trying the microwave cheesecake in the very near future. Keep up the great work!

Fobra

Fobra

Awards
Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

View attachment 81853

Calories: 600
Fat: 30g
Carbs: 22g (11g net carbs)
Protein: 68g

-The ingredient amounts can easily be split in half or adjusted proportionally to fit your desired calories/macros.

Ingredients:

2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
2 Quest Cravings PB Cups
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Additional things needed:

1 quart Ziploc bag
1 gallon Ziploc bag
~3 cups ice
1/2 cup salt (not used in ice cream)

Instructions:

-Mix the OxyELITE Protein™ and almond milk in a bowl (I use a whisk). Once it’s blended, add pieces of the PB cups.

View attachment 81860

-Pour the mix into a small Ziploc bag.

View attachment 81858

-Add the ice and salt into the gallon bag.

View attachment 81855

-Place the small bag into the big one, seal it up, and start shaking. However long you shake the bag will determine the consistency of the ice cream. I did it for about 5 minutes and it came out pretty solid.

View attachment 81856

-Once the ice cream has reached your desired consistency, remove the small bag from the gallon bag, rinse it off (so you don't risk salty ice cream), and scoop into a bowl.

View attachment 81857

*procedure pics from a different batch

This tastes amazing and is a great alternative to regular ice cream. You can add Greek yogurt to the mix for extra creaminess; however, it wasn’t needed with this protein blend.

Enjoy!
Looks delicious!

What is the purpose of using salt in the ice?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks delicious!

What is the purpose of using salt in the ice?
Thanks Fobra!

I don't know the exact science behind it, but it makes it colder, allowing the ice cream to form. I've tried it with a small amount of salt (ran out) and it wouldn't freeze properly.

Fobra

Fobra

Awards
Thanks Fobra!

I don't know the exact science behind it, but it makes it colder, allowing the ice cream to form. I've tried it with a small amount of salt (ran out) and it wouldn't freeze properly.
Have you tried using stevia instead of splenda with other recipes?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried using stevia instead of splenda with other recipes?
I actually use stevia the majority of the time. You could use whatever sweetener you prefer.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update on me trying the solutions pancakes. Erryone add 1 cup organic blueberrys. You'll thank me :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Update on me trying the solutions pancakes. Erryone add 1 cup organic blueberrys. You'll thank me :)
My recipe is a base you can make tons of additions and mix ins to suit your needs and kcals hence why my recipes are basic so you can be creative

I personally add
Pb2
Strawberries or bananas
Protein pudding as frosting
Honey and syrup

Touey

Touey

Awards
Haaaaaaaa I love this video it was very good I will try for sure but maybe use Almond instead of the peanut.
I like at the end when you are saying you can make the little fudge squares triangles or whatever the heart desires, when I have picture to myself of bodybuilders making little animals, heart shapes, or stars out of the fudge lololol.
Very informative it was thank for putting it out and creating

Touey

Touey

Awards
Chief Bob Bro was AWSOME video and 20g of protein nice! Keep on with the great recipes and video I really enjoy learning new ways thate are not the same old boring way of getting enough protein.

Have you considered ever packaging for selling and what expiration date do you think for something like this cookie? You could call it like "Chief Bob's Protein Delights",or anything along those lines I think there would be many would want this instead of just more bars.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Hey just recently was thinking about cannolis.... Any thoughts on how to go about making a protein version?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey just recently was thinking about cannolis.... Any thoughts on how to go about making a protein version?
Crepes really.. could not really make one. these are very thin pancakes you roll up and stuff with whatever, maybe i will do this next refeed day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chief Bob Bro was AWSOME video and 20g of protein nice! Keep on with the great recipes and video I really enjoy learning new ways thate are not the same old boring way of getting enough protein.

Have you considered ever packaging for selling and what expiration date do you think for something like this cookie? You could call it like "Chief Bob's Protein Delights",or anything along those lines I think there would be many would want this instead of just more bars.
Cook and place in fridge would be very good as a portable snack.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Crepes really.. could not really make one. these are very thin pancakes you roll up and stuff with whatever, maybe i will do this next refeed day.
Hmmm... Yea it would be kinda tough to get the shape I suppose. Your idea still sounds good to me though, I'm in if you are willing to give it a go :)