Cooking with whey

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Chief Bob Bro was AWSOME video and 20g of protein nice! Keep on with the great recipes and video I really enjoy learning new ways thate are not the same old boring way of getting enough protein.

Have you considered ever packaging for selling and what expiration date do you think for something like this cookie? You could call it like "Chief Bob's Protein Delights",or anything along those lines I think there would be many would want this instead of just more bars.
Yea seriously, it's nice to have a change in texture from the same old bars and shakes all the time.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
They look like this brother:

Looks good! I see strawberries in there lol. What else is it stuffed with? For something similar to a cannoli filling I was thinking use fat free ricotta, splenda, and vanilla extract and mix in some unsweetened chocolate chips. Not sure if whey would work with the ricotta?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looks good! I see strawberries in there lol. What else is it stuffed with? For something similar to a cannoli filling I was thinking use fat free ricotta, splenda, and vanilla extract and mix in some unsweetened chocolate chips. Not sure if whey would work with the ricotta?
There was Jam/Yogurt mixed in there on top.

You could do greek yogurt + protein powder to make a filling or use ricotta or cottage cheese, whatever to make a filling and mix whatever you want.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very nice looking. Recipe?
1 scoop cellucor cor-performance whey
1 cup oats
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1/2 cup unswetwened almond milk
1 packet truvia
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
cinnamon

Turn the oats into flour. Then mix all of the dry. Mix your wet. Add your wet to your dry. Cook and enjoy.

Macros for the whole thing

Cals 558
Carbs 58.5
Protein 49.3
Fat 14.7

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice work brother!
Coming from you Bob, that means a lot. By the way, I think I'm going to make a Cellucor Strawberry flavored Protein Bread this weekend. I might give your rice pudding a go soon as well. Then, I will have to open my CnC and try some stuff with that. You have inspired me ;) I think I am also going to make an almond joy inspired protein pancake as well pretty soon!

I just ate these and they were so good. Same recipe as yesterday, but with some vanilla sludge frosting on top.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have made ice cream twice in a machine. So easy to make, and comes out just like DQ... especially if you crumble Quest Cups during the last 5 minutes

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Have made ice cream twice in a machine. So easy to make, and comes out just like DQ... especially if you crumble Quest Cups during the last 5 minutes
Place in freezer for 30 minutes after its done and thickens up very nice!

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
1 cup oats
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1 packet truvia
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
cinnamon

Turn the oats into flour. Then mix all of the dry. Mix your wet. Add your wet to your dry. Cook and enjoy.

Cals 558
Carbs 58.5
Protein 49.3
Fat 14.7

I'm taking your recipe minus the truvia and almond milk. I'm going to attempt using these for both pulled pork and connolis. Pictures and recipe to follow, I may need some help figuring out macros... Sorry I suck at those lol.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will try. I find it delicious right out of the machine.
Yeah i like my ice cream harder than soft serve, melts too fast :)

Peanut butter Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chip Loaves:

120g Pancake mix
1 Egg
1 White (Stiffened to a firm peak and folded into the final mixture)
1/3 Cup Almond Milk
50g Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Baking Powder
3g Spelnda
10g PB2
1 Scoop PBM Whey
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix
50g of PB Chips (found in baking aisle made by Reese's)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i like my ice cream harder than soft serve, melts too fast :)

Peanut butter Marshmallow Peanut Butter Chip Loaves:

120g Pancake mix
1 Egg
1 White (Stiffened to a firm peak and folded into the final mixture)
1/3 Cup Almond Milk
50g Greek Yogurt
1 tsp Baking Powder
3g Spelnda
10g PB2
1 Scoop PBM Whey
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix
50g of PB Chips (found in baking aisle made by Reese's)
Definitely trying these. I actually made bread yesterday too with Cellucor Strawberry Milkshake. Will post a picture a little later.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is my bread. It was a loaf, but this is just a picture of one piece. I enjoy it. It looks more dry than it is. It looks "crispy" but isn't. It was my first time making it. Next time, I will use a little more wet ingredients, cook it a few minutes less, and put the walnuts in the batter instead of on the top. I made rice pudding yesterday for today with your recipe Bob. I am having it later on today, I will take a picture and let you know how it is/give you my experience on cooking it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Microwave protein Cake i diced up into 4 layers (after it was done cooking)
topped with Protein Sludge and Strawberries

60g Pancake Mix
1 Scoop Whey
1 Egg
Splenda
Baking Powder
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix
Touch of water to get thick consistency

Trasnfer to a tupper ware container (that is sprayed with cooking spray)

Cook and allow to cool (About 2.5-3 min in microwave until outside is cooked and inside is a touch gooey)
Flip onto plate, then dice up into layers or eat whole!

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established

60g Pancake Mix
1 Scoop Whey
1 Egg
Splenda
Baking Powder
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix

Cook and allow to cool (About 2.5-3 min in microwave until outside is cooked and inside is a touch gooey)

Looks and sounds awesome!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

60g Pancake Mix
1 Scoop Whey
1 Egg
Splenda
Baking Powder
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix

Was actually going to do something similar for breakfast tomorrow morning since I have a full day at the doctor's and need something quick. Question for ya, did you turn the power down on the microwave or keep it at full power?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
you could do 60-70% but remember eye the outside (should start to firm up with the center being a little gooey (not runny) you should be able to take a fork and fold the outside in because its cooked through.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
When it comes to recipes, you really are The Solution!

Time to revisit this site to make some recipe cards for all the gooey treats in here.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When it comes to recipes, you really are The Solution!

Time to revisit this site to make some recipe cards for all the gooey treats in here.
Or check out my youtube (Bkupniewski) for the videos!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Even bettah!

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards
1 cup oats
1 egg white
1 whole egg
1 packet truvia
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
cinnamon

Cals 558
Carbs 58.5
Protein 49.3
Fat 14.7

Yep. fat content low, high cals, nice everything. But never have tried the cellucor brand protein before.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
French Toast:

1 Scoop Whey
tsp Baking Powder
3-6g of Splenda
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix (optinal)
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1 Egg
2 Whites
6 Slices Bread (double recipe above if you use more bread)

Dunk bread, toss on skillet and enjoy.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blueberry Ice Cream

blue2 (500x380).jpg

This was phenomenal. :thumbsup:

2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream OxyELITE Protein
3/4 cup organic blueberries
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Made using the Ziploc bag method described in this thread.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cheesecake topped with Strawberry Peanut Butter Sauce and Fresh Banana's:

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
French Toast:

1 Scoop Whey
tsp Baking Powder
3-6g of Splenda
8g SF/FF Pudding Mix (optinal)
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1 Egg
2 Whites
6 Slices Bread (double recipe above if you use more bread)

Dunk bread, toss on skillet and enjoy.

http://s688.photobucket.com/user/LayzieBone085/media/Food/690DADE4-A362-4A76-9E58-85121E42CCF8-15033-000005CB1FC3B3A0.jpg.html
Just tried this recipe and the French toast is absolutely delicious. I didn't even need to use any syrup because it had so much flavor. I added a little vanilla extract as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just tried this recipe and the French toast is absolutely delicious. I didn't even need to use any syrup because it had so much flavor. I added a little vanilla extract as well.
Glad you enjoyed it brother!!! Sign up to my youtube "Bkupniewski" tons of videos.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
I'm about to try your crepes recipe. I don't think I have any baking powder though. Will that be an issue or am I fine without it?
They might be better off without the baking soda... I tried making them and they came out looking like a nice thick pancake but was to stiff to fold without breaking. With the crepes you'll want them to be flat that may make them easier to fold. I ended up making like quesadilla type of thing with the pancakes lol. Overall it was still a win :)

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
They might be better off without the baking soda... I tried making them and they came out looking like a nice thick pancake but was to stiff to fold without breaking. With the crepes you'll want them to be flat that may make them easier to fold. I ended up making like quesadilla type of thing with the pancakes lol. Overall it was still a win :)
If I don't have egg whites would 3 whole eggs be alright instead of a cup of egg whites?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thats why you could add a touch more milk, depending on the protein you use the thicker blends will be thicker, if its a thin protein that is mostly WPI or WPC then it will come out thin.

Include it.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Thats why you could add a touch more milk, depending on the protein you use the thicker blends will be thicker, if its a thin protein that is mostly WPI or WPC then it will come out thin.

Include it.
I used WPI, oatmeal flour and eggs but you could be right maybe the oatmeal or eggs made it to thick.... You need a show on food network man lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I used WPI, oatmeal flour and eggs but you could be right maybe the oatmeal or eggs made it to thick.... You need a show on food network man lol
Mistake #1 cooking or baking with oatmeal, it will dry out and cause it to flatten/dry out. always try to NOT use oatmeal with cooking/baking, once you use complete pancake mix or flour you will make a superior product as far as taste, rising, and texture goes

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Mistake #1 cooking or baking with oatmeal, it will dry out and cause it to flatten/dry out. always try to NOT use oatmeal with cooking/baking, once you use complete pancake mix or flour you will make a superior product as far as taste, rising, and texture goes
Noted, I will have to take another shot at making these again and see how they come out. The cannoli filling came out pretty good by the way, I'll list out the recipe below:

Sargento fat free ricotta cheese (2lb container)
Truvia (to desired sweetness)
Whey protein (1.5 scoops)
Bittersweet chocolate chips (1.5 cups)
Vanilla extract (3 tsp)

Directions: Place a paper towel in a colander or strainer, and place the ricotta on the paper towel and let sit overnight in the fridge. Once ricotta has been strained place in large bowl and mix in all the other ingredients. Sorry about the truvia, I never used it before and had to add a little bit at a time until I got it to the right sweetness.

Macros: 1/4 cup serving size (roughly 7 servings)

~130-150 calories
~6g fat
~8g carbs
~10g protein

Edit: There is a specific type of paper for straining the cheese but the paper towel worked just fine.

caino

caino

Awards
Your last recipe had oatmeal in it man?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Your last recipe had oatmeal in it man?
Very little, i did it for the my oatmeal company that is why, regularly when i make muffins they are not with oatmeal. I did it for that company alone.
check my lateset video i just made with pumpkin Muffins, no oatmeal and look how much they rose compared to the other ones.

caino

caino

Awards
Very little, i did it for the my oatmeal company that is why, regularly when i make muffins they are not with oatmeal. I did it for that company alone.
check my lateset video i just made with pumpkin Muffins, no oatmeal and look how much they rose compared to the other ones.
Yeah i made those oatmeal ones, they came out dry as the sahara haha, could you sub sweet potato instaed of punpkin?

Touey

Touey

Awards
and look how much they rose compared to the other ones.
lol some the times on reading for Chief Bob postings feel like am on the Martha Stewart forums:)

caino

caino

Awards
im sorry dude brother i didnt listen to you, and gave it a shot with sweet potato as its hard to get libbys in Australia, and man there fricken awsome!!!! really nice and moist compared to those oatmeal ones lol, good recipe man keep it up really enjoy these!!!