booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any idea when we should expect these? was hoping to get mine before I leave tomorrow (for a week and a half)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any idea when we should expect these? was hoping to get mine before I leave tomorrow (for a week and a half)
If you're traveling thru central IL I can hook you up with some frosted cinnamon roll at the crib

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're traveling thru central IL I can hook you up with some frosted cinnamon roll at the crib
This sounds like a trap booneman77. Beware the shaker cup offered by a stranger. You might wake up missing a kidney or on a hotel roof in Vegas.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry man. I'd expect it end of the week. Boss was out of office.
No problem. Will be a nice treat when I get home. Like xmas in March ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha no such luck... in a month or so I'll be in chi again but right now it's Charlotte and Orlando

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This sounds like a trap booneman77. Beware the shaker cup offered by a stranger. You might wake up missing a kidney or on a hotel roof in Vegas.
Guess it all depends just how good that cinn roll flavor is... might be worth a night on the roof ;)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Again !!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Central IL?? 309 represent, Hyde ! lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright everyone...so there was a mixup. I'm assuming all of you have received 4lbers as I have received PMs from two of you so far.

I'm waiting for a response back from CL confirming this.

I apologize for the mix-up, everyone. I'll get back to you all in the morning.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alright everyone...so there was a mixup. I'm assuming all of you have received 4lbers as I have received PMs from two of you so far.

I won't know until I'm home next Saturday...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a Nice Mixup !!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

I have recieved nothing yet. Will keep in touch.
If this is the case.. Do you just want a single review on that single flavor?
Let us know so we can arrange how to review for this contest.

If I do get a 4lb tub then I can toss up a few recipes with that flavor. If you guys @ CL want that let me know, and I can get to work.

Hopefully we all get a crack at each flavor so we can all chime in our 2 cents on the product line. I have been reading reviews on another board. Seems like Orange Pop is taking people by surprise.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What flavors did you guys who got yours already receive?

Curios if all of us will end up with the same or different flavors. Also, woooooo for 4lb haha ;)

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't received mine yet either. And I'd be willing to do some baking too, although I'm sure only the bravest would attempt to eat anything I make lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, so you all are getting 4lbers. I'm sorry for the mixup. I hope the fact that you're receiving 4lbs of one flavor makes up that you weren't able to test all 3 flavors.

Just hook me up with a review thread for the tub you recieved. Just let me know how it tastes, mixes, ect. If you use it in a variety of ways, feel free to post that up as well.

Again, I'm sorry if this upset or inconvenienced anybody.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Alright, so you all are getting 4lbers. I'm sorry for the mixup. I hope the fact that you're receiving 4lbs of one flavor makes up that you weren't able to test all 3 flavors.

Just hook me up with a review thread for the tub you recieved. Just let me know how it tastes, mixes, ect. If you use it in a variety of ways, feel free to post that up as well.

My only issue is I don't have room for another 4lb tub! haha.

No problem though... do we know which flavor(s) we are getting? All the same or different?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

My only issue is I don't have room for another 4lb tub! haha.

No problem though... do we know which flavor(s) we are getting? All the same or different?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a Nice Mixup !!
I agree because no matter what flavor is sent out, this stuff is amazeballs! I'm very happy that they are now offering it in the 4 lb jugs! I mean, who doesn't like big jugs!?!? (of protein) Lol!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4 lbs is awesome. Now I'll just have to hope it's orange. Then lottery win it will be

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the feedback I'll hit you with a nice review soon!!

Thanks Sean1332

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recieved the cinnamon bun. I will start a thread up soon. I won't be around for the weekend, but this upcoming week I will get on it. I have to say im thankful for the mix-up in a way, but bummed I won't be able to try the orange.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recieved the cinnamon bun. I will start a thread up soon. I won't be around for the weekend, but this upcoming week I will get on it. I have to say im thankful for the mix-up in a way, but bummed I won't be able to try the orange.
How about a Ghetto Baggie exchange among the loggers ??

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How about a Ghetto Baggie exchange among the loggers ??
Im sending LLN off the boards a few scoops and aloosecannon because they are good bros who always have valuable input. If you want some too I'll shoot ya some next trade buddy

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Shoutout to the CL team

Was supposed to get 3-3 serving tubs and I got a 4lb

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just ordered a couple tubs off of Amazon for $38 & change for each tub plus free shipping by using code promore1 in checkout.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoutout to the CL team

Was supposed to get 3-3 serving tubs and I got a 4lb

Just got the same for the drink your gains promo. Looking forward to your recipes so I can copy them ;) haha

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't gotten mine yet, but looking forward to it!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yep. So cool got mine too. Will try it out this evening with water and start my log with that. Thanks again CL for this very cool 4 lbs of yummy

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My review is up in my log too:

Controlled labs Promore Protein Review

Taste

Frosted Cinnamon Bun

Frosted Cinnamon Bun was exactly as labeled. The best cinnamon roll flavor I have had is UP 2.0. Controlled labs did a good job making a more macro friendly version of that flavor. Right away you are present with a strong and luscious cinnamon bun flavor that has a subtle cinnamon aftertaste to it. When you combine a cinnamon bun you are lured in by the thick amounts of icing and buttery crust. This seemed to be the lacking aspect on this flavor. While the cinnamon bun and roll combination is on point the amount of icing in the aftertaste could be stronger. The buttery richness of a cinnamon bun did lack but was present.

if you prefer a cinnamon roll flavor with a stronger icing and buttery combination roll with XF 2.0. If you want a strict and dense cinnamon roll flavor this is a very good one right up there with AI Sports Cinnamon Roll.

Mixability

For those who have had Promore by CL they know it mixes with ease. When it was relased in 2015 to today the different in Mixability has not changed. The protein powder has no problems or leaves no clumps. I prefer the thicker protein shakes or protein pudding. While this does not mix as some thicker blends on the market, it does a good job finding a middle ground of not mixing like water, or mixing as thick as casein.

Formula

~1g Fat
~7g Carb
~23g Protein

A macro friendly protein powder that contains 23 grams of protein per serving. The formula has a mix of WPC, WPI, WPH, MPI, CC and MC. It also contains 1 gram of fat and 7 grams of carbs. The carbs come from the added pineapple fruit powder.

Cost

The 3 serving tubs I have seen run around $9, which for some people will make them, jump. The real play is grabbing the 4lb tubs. I have not seen the pricing on them yet but I would assume around $45, which is very competitive. Since the rise of cost materials on the market protein powder just is not as cheap as it use to be. Considering how good Promore taste it does not surprise me. Controlled labs is a company I have used for year, and will continue to use for their great products, great taste, and most of all great dosing’s on their product.

also put up a review for promore in the store.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMG_0258.JPG

Just got mine today! A huge tub of Frosted Cinnamon Bun.:head: I'll have my review thread up by tomorrow and linked in here as well. Nice looking jugs btw Sean1332;)

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just got mine in!!! Big thanks to Sean1332!!!

Gonna use it for a few days and then put up my review! Gonna throw some reviews up on other sites that carry the product just to show appreciation to Sean and the CL Team for hooking us up.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Review will be up end of day today or tomorrow, but this is honestly the best Cinnamon Roll protein I have had in years!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Heading home tonight so I should get a review up in the next day or so!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mine will be up today as well, ran in to a sick kid and a sick wife yesterday.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mine will be up today as well, ran in to a sick kid and a sick wife yesterday.
Geez man, that's not very nice... they were already sick and you went and ran into them?... shame shame ha

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First and foremost a big thanks to Sean1332 and the CL Team!!!

INITIAL THOUGHTS:
Upon opening the tub, the product smells a lot like the other cinnamon roll / cinnabun products (very similar to Dymatize Cinnabun). Buttery frosting at it's best!

TASTE: 10/10
This stuff is amazing. a LONG time ago I had the XF 2.0 CR flavor and loved it, then I tried a coupld of others that were meh. I LOVED the Dymatize Cinnabun, and this one is right up there with that one. Mixed with water and it tastes just like the milk that is leftover in a bowl of CTC. Mixed with milk/almond milk and........life-changing! The milk really draws out the buttery frosting in the flavoring of this product.

MIXABILITY: 10/10
Did the "Spoon Test" in a glass of 8oz of water and VERY minimal clumping, but I also left it for about a minute before I mixed it up. In a shaker this stuff mixes up flawlessly.

PROFILE: 10/10
F - 1g
C - 7g
P - 23g

With a profile like this it is very comparible to the other on the market. MTS Machine Whey is one of my absolute favorites and the CL ProMore holds it's own. I really like that it is a blend as well. Seems like a lot companies these days have ditched the "blended proteins".

COST: 10/10
This stuff is very cost effective. At 48.99 (current BB.com price) that brings each serving of protein to $0.89 which is very good these days. ALSO on BB.com right now they are running a promo for BOGO 50% for the 4lbers which brings this in at 110 servings (1 flavor or 2) for about $73.49 - that makes this stuff 0.66 per serving!!!!

$0.66 per serving!!!!

OVERALL: 10/10[/b]
I would absolutely recommend this product for anyone looking out for a new flavor of protein, or to take over as their go to for Cinnamon Roll flavor.

Great work Controlled Labs Team!!!!

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/290501-looking-more-protein.html?highlight=PROmore

PROmore Frosted Cinnamon Bun Review

Mixability:5/5
This protein blend mixes extremely well in every liquid I tried it in. Even almond milk presented next to no clumping. And there is only minor foaming when mixing in a shaker with no whole milk(my preferred shake method). This is great. Many other protein shakes create a ton of foam.

Texture/thickness:5/5
This is not a thick protein with lots of texture. For my preferences this is perfect. I've grown somewhat tired of really thick shakes as I generally mix with whole milk. Very smooth mouthfeel.

Profile/Blend: 5/5
The blend of six proteins is very solid. It has a great mix of fast and slow digesting protein forms. It is also pretty low fat and low sugar.

Taste:5/5
Finally, my favorite criterion. I LOVE the Frosted Cinnamon Bun flavoring. At the first sip you are hit with a very sweet frosting flavoring and as it fades you are hit at the end with very good cinnamon notes. It is very crisp and clean tasting. I've always been a typical chocolate/vanilla protein guy so this was a refreshing change. I definitely look forward to trying more adventurous protein flavors moving forward. The Orange cream flavor I'm a tiny bit trepidatious but based on this experience I will be trying it and Snickerdoodle at some point. Homer in on this flavor Controlled Labs. The sweetened, flavor, taste/texture all come together perfectly IMO.

Versatility:5/5
This was another area where I felt it performed perfectly. It mixed well in every type of liquid and maintained a strong flavor in each one. I also used it succ as fully in half a dozen ways: protein cakes, proats, ice cream, protein balls, yogurt, crepes. The flavor was noticeable and shined well in most things except the protein balls and protein cakes. And everything cooked perfectly with the addition of powdered protein. I've used this daily for the past month and have only used my other 4 protein flavors in my stash maybe a handful of times.

Overall:5/5
This was an easy review. It performed well if not perfectly on each of the criteria that I was concerned with. Great job with this flavor and product CL. PROmore has definitely earned a spot in my supplement pantry. Can't wait to see and try other flavoring offerings in the future. I'll be looking for deals on the other two flavors soon.