Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil PCB/Heavy Metal te

• Thread starter CONTROLLED LABS
  • Start date
CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
PCB http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1764&d=1389132829
heavy metals http://www.controlledlabsforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1765&d=1389132830

With so much contaminated product floating around the industry, we have decided to post a 3rd party PCB and heavy metal test for our newest lot of orange oximega fish oil:

We are at only 32% of the limit for California (the strictest PCB enforcement in the USA) per serving (with its high potency you get a lot of dha/epa per serving thereby making the amount of PCB per mg of epa/dha ingested even lower in orange oximega fish oil compared to most other formulas). we are at 1.4% of the limit set by FDA.

For Reference:
FDA upper limit is 2000 ng/g
upper limit for California is 90 ng/g
CRN and WHO are also much higher limits compared to California

also, most fish (salmon, talapia, tuna, etc) in the food chain has MUCH higher levels of PCB than most fish oils on the market and lower dha/epa per gram.

FDA upper level for mercury (methyl mercury which is only a small part of total mercury) = 1 mcg/g per day, we are at less than 1% of that per day for a full serving (2 softgels). for reference a can of albacore tuna (6 ounces) is roughly 35% of your daily limit (so a serving of orange oximega fish oil only has at most 1.5% of the mercury found in a can of tuna)

Mercury Levels in Commercial Fish and Shellfish (1990-2010)

the amount per serving is at most 2% of the strictest California proposition 65 level of .3 mcg per day (of methyl mercury, again only a small part of total mercury)

The other heavy metals/toxins were well below the limits set for them as well.

I dont think any other fish oil product sold on this site publishes info like this!

Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega (120 Softgels): Discount Orange OxiMega Supplements

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just another reason why they are one of, if not, the best companies out. Obviously not just based on fish oil but track record.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear this kind of news. Controlled Labs is always a staple for me.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear as this is the fish oil product I have used since its release

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is the only fish oil I will take now days, and right there is the reason. The fact that they have buy 2 get 1 free sales on it just makes it that much better, and probably the cheapest quality fish oil on the market.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established