Controlled Labs: Games of Past, Present, and Future

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With the recent launch of our newest product (Gamer Up) to support the ever growing gamer demographic, we want to launch a promotion that let's you think about the games you have played in the past, the games you currently play, and the games you are waiting for.

Gamer Up
IMG_1482348541.805846.jpg

IMG_1482348548.668892.jpg

Gamer Up Benefits
IMG_1482348558.156724.jpg

Contest

Post of a picture of you and your favorite game [past/present] or a game that is on the horizon [future] that you are waiting to play. Add a small paragraph on why it was such a memorable game for you or why it is so exciting.

To summarize.

- Picture of yourself holding a game you currently play or played in the past or want to play (for future games, a print out from the internet is sufficient).
- Short paragraph on why it was so much fun.

Prizes
1st Place - 3 Gamer Ups
2nd Place - 2 Gamer Ups
3rd Place - 1 Gamer Up

Contest Rules
US Only
18+
Not for resale
Hyde and I will pick winners based on best entry
Run date: Runs until 11:59 PST Dec 30

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool promo and nice profile. I'm sure there will be some good entries for this one. Not much of a gamer although I did love donkey kong country.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great promo. Wish I had my old games still. I was a major Sega fan, from master system, Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, then Dreamcast. I had them all, while I also had NES, SNES, etc... it was always Sonic over Mario. Favorite game from the past was Night Trap on Sega CD. It was 1st gen full motion video, the first to hit consoles. It was a bunch of half dressed girls and multiple camera angles. Perfect for a 12yo boy :)

Now I don't get as much time to play, but I have PS4 and PSVR. Game I can't wait for

Gran Turismo Sport in VR. Grab the barf bucket.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
View attachment 143401View attachment 143402
View attachment 143419
My son is 8 years old he plays hockey. He has been playing since he was 4 years old. We buy the NHL games for PS4 so we can practice defense strategies. offense strategies , trick shots, shootouts and overall how to play zone and man-to-man coverage.
In the city I live in there's a hierarchy that the child has to complete in order to play at a professional level later on in life it begins with street hockey to give the child the basic concept grasp. Then when the time is right they learn how to ice skate. Him and his little friends like to show off out there. Sometimes it's hilarious because they mimic some of the stars in the NHL like Alexander Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin and the Sedin Brothers.

His goal is to make it to the NHL and play for the Boston Bruins. My goal is to do everything in my power and sacrifice whatever needs to be sacrificed so he can have what he needs to make it. It's almost like he was born with a hockey stick in his hand. Everywhere we go he always talks about it. And we watch every single Boston Bruins game together.

Me being the dad I rarely get to play. But when I do play for hours like on my day off. It's all for the kids I've already been there it's his turn to be king now.
God bless all the great dads out there and moms all our kids need is good parents to succeed just be there for him that beats out anything you could possibly buy them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to everybody on anabolicminds.com

And good luck to everybody else who enters this is a great chance for a great product I would love to do a video review. Also we make YouTube videos what channel is gaming with Willie and Dad. We're trying to figure out how to get more subscribers and more views.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Such a good idea for a promo, and a product for that matter! I've been playing video games as long as I can remember. For one of the first birthdays I have a recollection of, I got a NES and this classic that I played for hours on end.
Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Game-NES.png

I kept on with my love of gaming through the younger years into high school when a little game called Golden Eye came out for the Nintendo 64. My friends and I would play for hours on end, switching out the fourth place person if we had more than four, so many good memories.
I'm most looking forward for the new Zelda that will be coming out for the Nintendo Switch, both of those will be day one buys for me.
zelda.jpg

So I couldn't find the Nintendo picture, but here's me getting the ol Sega in 5th grade. Rocked a lot of Mortal Kombat on this thing

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You guys have to hold the game in your hand when your posting the picture to be eligible for the promo

- Picture of yourself holding a game you currently play or played in the past or want to play (for future games, a print out from the internet is sufficient).

Ill get mine up later tonight.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
You guys have to hold the game in your hand when your posting the picture to be eligible for the promo

I have a digital copy so does that disqualify me? Thought it would be cost effective to purchase only digi copies since half the time the go on sale for 50% off

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hopefully we get some good world of warcraft pictures....that was video game heroin, luckily I survived because that was life for awhile....I no longer have the game or the computer I played the game on though

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Pretty sure I got a pic at home with my seeet haircut getting that Nintendo. Will switch my pic out when I find it!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just got the dragonball xenoverse for the Xbox one. It's the first game I've gotten to play since June. I'll post my pic and more this evening when I'm home.

Here's what I am playing right now. I grew up watching dragonball and for some reason I still love the show. I like to play first person shooters and games with story lines and open world concepts. I just picked this up recently because when I saw it I thought about all the time i spent with my best friend when we were kids playing the dbz games and watching the show. It was like a flash back went through my head. I had to have it. It also helps that I can pause it and pick it up when ever. If I'm in the middle of a fight it's no big deal for me to pause. But with the other games and online stuff you can't pause. I know tonight is Christmas Eve but I plan on playing for a few hours after the kids go to bed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Warcraft III and Also the Expansion

Why it was so much fun? First of all I played Dota in the CAL online (Cyberathlete Amateur League) Just like I did on Steam and for Counter Strike. I played some of the best teams across the united states in matches (all the way up to cal-I). Not only was it fun, it was also addicting playing some of the best teams and doing online tournaments to win prizes and money. Dota is a very popular game, and Gamer Up could be a great asset to those who play professionally and need to stay focused and driven to be on point and not make a mistake when it matters most. If you have never played Dota, or Counter Strike or know how serious people are when they play in the Cal League it is also broadcasted on TV. This is a reason why I loved the game, not only the competition, but its a very popular spin on league of legends and other games similar to Dota. This was the breakthrough game that caused Dota 2 and others to become where they are today. This supplement will be huge for this market, and it will really help those who want to buy monster drinks or energy drinks looks elsewhere for a better bang for their buck alternative.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Awe shucks. I'll be back when I have 100 posts.. lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool promo as always, CL! I'll get a photo and entry in for kicks.

I no longer play anything other than some of the old consoles. We busted out the Wii during snow days last year. I still have an old Dreamcast, N64, and PS2. Everything after those required too much effort on my part lol.

Now I just want to play OG NES :( lol

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Edited original post to show 10 year old nicksox

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have a digital copy so does that disqualify me? Thought it would be cost effective to purchase only digi copies since half the time the go on sale for 50% off
In this instance, and since you posted a pic of your direct bloodline enjoying some fun together with the actual game, we'll honor your entry for sure.

We just wanna make sure people are getting personally involved to take part, and not just posting pics from online - it's good for the AM community!

And on that note, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With the recent launch of our newest product (Gamer Up) to support the ever growing gamer demographic, we want to launch a promotion that let's you think about the games you have played in the past, the games you currently play, and the games you are waiting for.

Gamer Up
View attachment 143395
View attachment 143396

Gamer Up Benefits
View attachment 143397

Contest

Post of a picture of you and your favorite game [past/present] or a game that is on the horizon [future] that you are waiting to play. Add a small paragraph on why it was such a memorable game for you or why it is so exciting.

To summarize.

Prizes
1st Place - 3 Gamer Ups
2nd Place - 2 Gamer Ups
3rd Place - 1 Gamer Up

Contest Rules
US Only
18+
Not for resale
Hyde and I will pick winners based on best entry
Run date: Runs until 11:59 PST Dec 30

My brother and I got a Super Nintendo Christmas 1993. I was born in 1981 so while I played nintendo and arcade games It was my first real game console. My sister, brother and I used to watch star wars, empire, and Jedi so much bc we didnt have a TV and used to rent them for free from the library. Well since we were so into the movies so got the games, Super empire strikes back was my first game and I spent a lot of focused energy on beating it. No cheat codes or anything. I was the first to beat super empire, Jedi and stars wars . Im proud of this because it when I love to do something I focus and work toward being a winner.

Pictures are the Super star wars trilogy Taking today on Christmas

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope everyone here had a safe and enjoyable holiday with their family & friends!

Keep them entries rollin in this week!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Great promo here I'll be following :)

Wish I qualified, good luck everyone!

My longest running gaming addictions, by hours played, were:

1.Halo 2
2.Diablo 2: LoD (so many years on pc...)
3. Zelda franchise
4. Bethesda (Fallout/Elder Scrolls)

Honourable mentions to Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Super Mario Kart, Smash Bros.

But I gamed much more in my teens than as a kid.

Most recent games were the Fallout 4 Expansions: Nuka World and Far Harbour

And guitar hero Live with my girl, we just grabbed a mic as well so we can sing, always good fun

Most looking forward to...
Zelda... Damn useless WiiU...
Need a Switch

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Only game I play is on my iPhone. "dots". A little hard to take a selfie with it.

Lol. High score.

I play it in an attempt to stay sharper. I've never really played any console games. I was usually in the gym or outside playing softball, baseball, etc.

If this precludes me. It's ok.
Great looking open label!

Good luck to everyone!!!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Driven2lift
I have also put many an hour in halo2 but I'd say the game I've logged the most hours in is oblivion elder scrolls for the 360. I've logged over 400 hours of play.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Driven2lift
I have also put many an hour in halo2 but I'd say the game I've logged the most hours in is oblivion elder scrolls for the 360. I've logged over 400 hours of play.
Holy cow. I beat the game and was like "I'm out - if I have to close one more damn gate to hell I'll go nuts!"

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Holy cow. I beat the game and was like "I'm out - if I have to close one more damn gate to hell I'll go nuts!"
I don't remember how many hours it took me to beat the main storyline. Maybe 100 or so.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Driven2lift
My online time alone was way more than that on H2 lol

No regrets, tons of fun with friends online

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol yes, we need next gen processors in our consoles before another Elder Scrolls release...

I don't pc game anything first person, when the alternative is my home theatre set up + console

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

This was my life back in high school
wake up Game.. Go to school... go to football. come home and game... Sleep maybe 2-3 hours
repeat.

Every single day..

brb this is why i was 240 pounds and an offensive lineman.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

I don't think I played H2 that much online. I bounced around a lot between it and COD. but I do know this. The first time dual wielding needlers was a game changer. Lol.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Awesome promo!!! I have played video games since I was 3 (I am 36, almost 37 now). I will post a pic tomorrow, but I have played EVERYTHING almost. I have owned an NES as a 7 year old, sega genesis next, playstation, PS 2, PS 3, Nintendo 64.

At my home RIGHT now: NES, Sega genesis, a portable Super NES game player, Nintendo 64, Wii, PS 2 (with PS 1 games...gotta love reverse compatibility), PS 3....x box sucks. I hate the controllers.

I don't have a PS 4 yet because I don't have real internet anymore since I moved out to BFE. Doesn't seem worthwhile to have it if I don't have internet. I miss online gaming. BF 3 and BF 4 were my jam. I want to play BF 1 so bad I can't stand it....haha

My favorite game right now is Mario Kart on Wii because my boys and my wife and I play together

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here's my entry into this.

I honestly thought Super Macho Man was more difficult to beat than Tyson. This game was way ahead of its time. 007 373 5963 - I can't remember a phone number anymore to save my tail, but I'd be damned if I forgot the passcode straight to the Champ!

Looking forward to this Gamer Up everybody keeps talking about!

Thanks for the contest and the consideration!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok, here's my entry into this.

I honestly thought Super Macho Man was more difficult to beat than Tyson. This game was way ahead of its time. 007 373 5963 - I can't remember a phone number anymore to save my tail, but I'd be damned if I forgot the passcode straight to the Champ!

Looking forward to this Gamer Up everybody keeps talking about!

Thanks for the contest and the consideration!
You know the code but do you know the way to knock out the champ with one punch?

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Thats so funny, I just saw a facebook post this morning saying something about it, but I didn't read it.

Whats this new secret you speak of?

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I only learned about it last year. Lol. There is a person in the crowd and he stands up for just a second. That is when you punch the champ. One hit KO. I think he's the first row fifth or sixth from the left.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Good info! Amazing how one very important quirk was kept a secret and not found out for 30 years. Awesome stuff!!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Only game I play is on my iPhone. "dots". A little hard to take a selfie with it.

Lol. High score.

I play it in an attempt to stay sharper. I've never really played any console games. I was usually in the gym or outside playing softball, baseball, etc.

If this precludes me. It's ok.
Great looking open label!

Good luck to everyone!!!
I just downloaded this game bc my parents are addicted to it. I must just suck st games bc I can't beat level 15 lol

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just downloaded this game bc my parents are addicted to it. I must just suck st games bc I can't beat level 15 lol
It's a great game. I play the first game with the timer, or 30 tries to clear as many as you can.
My high score is 535 in 60 seconds.

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a great game. I play the first game with the timer, or 30 tries to clear as many as you can.
My high score is 535 in 60 seconds.
Damn. That's a great score

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Anyone play NHL 17 PS4 LMK skillzSTICK

My SN IS shadow_wolfe_

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How do you like it?

Latest game. I'm slipping a bit. Could have gotten another 100. I know it.

It's an addiction. :)

Once I had the same person challenge me 30-50x per day. It was crazy. I created a piece of art based partly on quantum communications 12'x12'.

Each of the six different colors relates to a major formula in physics.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did I miss Mike Tyson's punch out or am I just too old?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah sorry guys! Ended up get swamped with family activities yesterday. When thing settle down, Hyde and I will post up winner

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nah sorry guys! Ended up get swamped with family activities yesterday. When thing settle down, Hyde and I will post up winner
Winner(s)?
:D

Happy New Year!!!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Winner(s)?
:D

Happy New Year!!!!!
Happy New Year all!!

Promo winners, please pm me your shipping info and what combination of Bubble Gum and Fruit Punch tubs you'd like asap so we can get you some gaming goodness!

1st - nicksox15 (3 tubs)

2nd - John Smeton (2 tubs)

3rd - blueline438 (1 tub)

Thank you all for the sweet memories and fun!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congrats you winners!!!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome, thanks! No lie I was feeling nostalgic after entering this promo and bought a raspberry pi. Installed retropie on it and have been playing Nintendo/super Nintendo games all weekend!

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We hooked up the Super Nintendo and have been crushing some donkey kong

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome, thanks! No lie I was feeling nostalgic after entering this promo and bought a raspberry pi. Installed retropie on it and have been playing Nintendo/super Nintendo games all weekend!
Guy I work with did that for his boy for a Christmas present!

I'm just waiting on John Smeton to PM his info and we'll get these sent out asap fellas