sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yep, that's exactly how I meant it.

I'm still new to supplements in general, and only interested in natural. And solid info on the web about test boosters is hard to come by. Lots and LOTS of bad info out there.

But I've come to trust the opinions on AM, so I wanted to ask here.
Good, that's what I thought that you meant.

But be careful, even on here bc there are a lot of different opinions on here on certain things so its important to still be discerning :)

hipnfit

Awards
new member here, and fairly to new to stacking beyond the basics of creatine and whey. I built out a stack using all individual components and then run into M-Test which overlaps like 90% of ingredients AND has effective dosages! Beautiful... BUT... the boron is soooo high.. 200mg? that's an order of magnitude more than I am taking, as well as the dosages in every study I have found. Is no one else concerned? One of the studies i read had upper tolerable limit of 20mg for adults. I know that it is highly recommended here.. but...

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
new member here, and fairly to new to stacking beyond the basics of creatine and whey. I built out a stack using all individual components and then run into M-Test which overlaps like 90% of ingredients AND has effective dosages! Beautiful... BUT... the boron is soooo high.. 200mg? that's an order of magnitude more than I am taking, as well as the dosages in every study I have found. Is no one else concerned? One of the studies i read had upper tolerable limit of 20mg for adults. I know that it is highly recommended here.. but...

Yeah it can be a bit confusing for those of us that arent expert in the field. But @sns8778 (who is the owner and developer of the brand and products) is. So from what the label says you get 10mg of active Boron from 200mg Boron Citrate. Which is the amount used in studies like this one: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21129941/

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is something I wrote about Boron earlier:

Dr.Reza Naghii who ran studies on Boron decades said it does not matter where it comes from (Boron Citrate, sodium tetraborate decahydrate etc) as long as we know the % of active Boron.

Example a study on Boron and Osteoarthritis they used 55mg Sodium tetraborate decahydrate (6mg active/elemental Boron).
In another Boron study they used 102.6mg sodium tetraborate decahydrate (11,4 active/elemental Boron).

As you can see , in Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate, its about 11% active Boron.
Boron CItrate is Boron with Citric Acid (same as in M-Test).
So taking 200mg Boron Citrate (5% Active Boron) is 10mg Boron

hipnfit

Awards
Thanks for those references. I figured it had to be something about the chemical composition, but I could not find the breakdown on Boron Citrate online myself.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for those references. I figured it had to be something about the chemical composition, but I could not find the breakdown on Boron Citrate online myself.
No problem! Anytime.
I hoped @sns8778 could answer you because Steve is very knowledgeable and one of the kindest people I know :)

hipnfit

Awards
Me too. I have read so many of his posts and they are always informative. Clearly knows his stuff which is why i was puzzled when i read the ingredients (somewhere missing % active). probably doesn't want me to ask when Anabolic XT is dropping. ;)

Oliver Kween

Oliver Kween

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
So,

Can i use it before go bed ? ( 23h00 or 01.00 AM for exemple )

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So,

Can i use it before go bed ? ( 23h00 or 01.00 AM for exemple )
yes ive done it for 8 weeks straight pre bed no issues

upon waking up 1st done .. before bed 2nd dose.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hadn't posted on here in quite some time. I see that others had accurately answered your question but I wanted to acknowledge it and also to confirm that we just chose to label it technically on the label and identify both the total and elemental amount of Boron in the product.

A lot of people don't realize it most minerals have an input dose and an elemental dose that is a % of that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 216978
Yeah it can be a bit confusing for those of us that arent expert in the field. But @sns8778 (who is the owner and developer of the brand and products) is. So from what the label says you get 10mg of active Boron from 200mg Boron Citrate. Which is the amount used in studies like this one: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21129941/
Thank you for posting that. I really appreciate it and you are absolutely correct with your explanation.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No problem! Anytime.
I hoped @sns8778 could answer you because Steve is very knowledgeable and one of the kindest people I know :)
Thank you for the input and advice in the thread and for your kind words.

I hadn't been on the forums since my accident so I hadn't had the chance to respond to the thread.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Had anyone tried 9 or 12 caps a day?
Is it too much Fadogia?
I haven't seen anyone go that high on the dosage of M-Test.

In my opinion, one would be better off to stack Optimize-T and M-Test together before going up to 9 to 12 a day since Optimize-T has different ingredients that can contribute in different ways, so it and M-Test make a perfect stack.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had anyone tried 9 or 12 caps a day?
Is it too much Fadogia?
as others have said it .. i did 6 and felt amazing on it

have stacked it with OptimizeT and was amazing ..i would rather do that for 12 weeks to rather double dose mtest

Snaeem155

Awards
How long before you start feeling the effects of M-Test?

I'm on day 7 and can't say I've noticed any changes as of yet.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

This is something very individual and there are MANY reasons to it.
If you have high natural T levels, you will not directly feel huge difference. It does not mean the product is not working.
Natural test boosting ingredients needs some time to kick in. Give it some time.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Danes gave a great answer above to this (thank you).

The time period that it takes to start telling the difference with a natural testosterone booster has several variables including where your natural testosterone levels already are, your individual response to the particular ingredients, and also your expectations.

If you're looking for a general answer, I would say that most people can start to tell a difference in libido and improved sense of well-being within the first 2 weeks, but not everyone. And even if you can't within that time, it doesn't mean its not working - it means that its likely building to where you will be able to.

If you think about it, even with HRT it takes many people a few weeks to tell any difference.

I hope that helps.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would there be any benefit to front loading M-Test? For example, doing ten caps per day instead of six for the first week or so?

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Would there be any benefit to front loading M-Test? For example, doing ten caps per day instead of six for the first week or so?

You can .. I’ve tried 9caps but honestly it’s so well dosed that me and my buddy really enjoyed 6caps

But if ure not stacking withh other products that overlaps with ingridents .. you should be okay with 10caps imo

Again I really feel it’s so well dosed unlike other products that you have to take more then the serving listed

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can .. I’ve tried 9caps but honestly it’s so well dosed that me and my buddy really enjoyed 6caps

But if ure not stacking withh other products that overlaps with ingridents .. you should be okay with 10caps imo

Again I really feel it’s so well dosed unlike other products that you have to take more then the serving listed
I was just thinking for the first week or so to get a sort of build up effect and start to feel/see the results a little quicker, before going to the recommended six for the other eleven weeks.

Only taking the usual staples (Inc GlycoPhase) and Recomp20.

Did you notice any differences between nine caps and six?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was just thinking for the first week or so to get a sort of build up effect and start to feel/see the results a little quicker, before going to the recommended six for the other eleven weeks.

Only taking the usual staples (Inc GlycoPhase) and Recomp20.

Did you notice any differences between nine caps and six?
No I don’t think I noticed much .. keep in mind no matter what the dosages doesn’t mean it’ll kick in faster .. it’s a test/muscle builder usually needs it in your system 2-3weeks in system

Although with high dosage you might “feel” quick libido more honey mode

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No I don’t think I noticed much .. keep in mind no matter what the dosages doesn’t mean it’ll kick in faster .. it’s a test/muscle builder usually needs it in your system 2-3weeks in system

Although with high dosage you might “feel” quick libido more honey mode
I hear a few mentions of people including it as a staple supplement, so I'm hoping that it's good enough for me to do the same.

Appreciate the replies @GQdaLEGEND, Thank you

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hear a few mentions of people including it as a staple supplement, so I'm hoping that it's good enough for me to do the same.

Appreciate the replies @GQdaLEGEND, Thank you
Yup I know few that run it all year around .. I believe sns creator Steve does it as well with great feedback

Max I’ve done was 6-7months and had to stop and test out some other supplements to give my feedback

But it was awesome .. maybe one day again will add it to my regime again

Ofcourse np .. best of luck and if u can keep us updated.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ofcourse np .. best of luck and if u can keep us updated.
I had bloods done last Monday, and my next test is in eleven weeks. I've got three bottles of M-Test on the way which I'll be running inbetween so will have legit bloodwork/numbers to see how effective it can be.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Nothing to apologize for at all. Always glad to answer questions and discuss products.

I don't think it would hurt to do that for the first week; I'm not sure if you would see much extra benefit from doing it though except for probably a quicker libido increase.

I've used M-Test year round as a staple supplement for a long time and its the best thing I've ever used for my free test levels.

I use M-Test and Optimize-T together now and my numbers on them are much higher than have been off of them.

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
How are people taking this year round when it contains Mucuna?

Aren't you worried about dopamine downregulation?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

No, not worried about that at all and there is no reason to be.

Mucuna is used in many supplements that people use year round; and in a lot of them, the dosage is much, much higher than is used in M-Test.

For example, NOW Foods - who is one of the largest most quality oriented companies in this industry and is also one of the most conservative in terms of how they dose products - their Dopa Mucuna product contains 800 mg. of Mucuna std. for 120 mg. of actual L-Dopa and can be used year round.

There are people that use medications that influence L-Dopa and many people are prescribed 2 to 3 of them at a time and rarely even then does anyone have to worry about dopamine downregulation.

A year or two back that subject (dopamine downregulation) seemed to be one of those buzz topics that got over dramafied for a bit, but quickly died down bc there's just no validity to it at normal supplement dosages.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

i think mucuna is pretty common .. if i remember there was a study done for 10years on it.

isnt this used to combine with other meds for parkisons & adhd as well ?

kinda like morphine needs tyenol

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used M-Test year round as a staple supplement for a long time and its the best thing I've ever used for my free test levels
This is my goal and the reason I chose M-Test

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
No, not worried about that at all and there is no reason to be.

Mucuna is used in many supplements that people use year round; and in a lot of them, the dosage is much, much higher than is used in M-Test.

For example, NOW Foods - who is one of the largest most quality oriented companies in this industry and is also one of the most conservative in terms of how they dose products - their Dopa Mucuna product contains 800 mg. of Mucuna std. for 120 mg. of actual L-Dopa and can be used year round.

There are people that use medications that influence L-Dopa and many people are prescribed 2 to 3 of them at a time and rarely even then does anyone have to worry about dopamine downregulation.

A year or two back that subject (dopamine downregulation) seemed to be one of those buzz topics that got over dramafied for a bit, but quickly died down bc there's just no validity to it at normal supplement dosages.
I appreciate this! Its basically dogma in nootropics groups, Reddits, and discords that you shouldn't take mucuna because it'll lead to receptor down regulation.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I appreciate this! Its basically dogma in nootropics groups, Reddits, and discords that you shouldn't take mucuna because it'll lead to receptor down regulation.
I don't even know what to say to that honestly.

Mucuna is a very commonly used dietary supplement ingredient and it is in a lot of things. It helps with natural testosterone levels, helps control prolactin, and is in a wide variety of mood enhancing products.

It's ironic that you say nootropic groups say not to take it - yet its in the advanced version of the best selling nootropic in the country; not saying that product is the best nootropic because it isn't, I'm just pointing out the irony there. And its in that product at 1,000 mg. and you're questioning 100 mg. being in M-Test.

I'm not knocking you, don't take it that way - I like you - I'm just giving it as an example of how far Reddit and some groups can be away from real science, the real world, and sometimes common sense.

To put it in perspective, NOW Foods, one of the largest, trusted supplement companies on the face of the Earth - a company so strict and cautious that they won't even sell basic DHEA, sells Mucuna and deems it safe to take regardless of age. So, our grandmothers can safely take it - think about that for perspective haha.

There are hundreds of thousands of people that are on medications, sometimes two or three medications that affect Dopamine much more than Mucuna is going to.

The making a big deal about Mucuna is one of those things where sometimes people create problems that aren't really problems, just to have something to be able to write about.

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
I don't even know what to say to that honestly.

Mucuna is a very commonly used dietary supplement ingredient and it is in a lot of things. It helps with natural testosterone levels, helps control prolactin, and is in a wide variety of mood enhancing products.

It's ironic that you say nootropic groups say not to take it - yet its in the advanced version of the best selling nootropic in the country; not saying that product is the best nootropic because it isn't, I'm just pointing out the irony there. And its in that product at 1,000 mg. and you're questioning 100 mg. being in M-Test.

I'm not knocking you, don't take it that way - I like you - I'm just giving it as an example of how far Reddit and some groups can be away from real science, the real world, and sometimes common sense.

To put it in perspective, NOW Foods, one of the largest, trusted supplement companies on the face of the Earth - a company so strict and cautious that they won't even sell basic DHEA, sells Mucuna and deems it safe to take regardless of age. So, our grandmothers can safely take it - think about that for perspective haha.

There are hundreds of thousands of people that are on medications, sometimes two or three medications that affect Dopamine much more than Mucuna is going to.

The making a big deal about Mucuna is one of those things where sometimes people create problems that aren't really problems, just to have something to be able to write about.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to break this down! I sweat the nootropics community has some form of hypochondria

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really do appreciate you taking the time to break this down! I sweat the nootropics community has some form of hypochondria
No problem. I'm glad I was able to help you with it.

I love nootropics. I've been researching nootropics since before most people had ever even heard the term nootropics - but I actually never go on any of the nootropic groups or anything like that because I've never found any that I felt looked at things from a logical, scientific, and common sense manner. Example - you have people buying nootropic nasal sprays that supposedly contain illegal ingredients from China or Russia that are being smuggled in and made in someone's basement in the US and sold to people but then the same person willing to put who knows what up their nose is scared a basic herb at a low dose is going to cause them problems. It's mind-numbing.