Classic Kleen - The Road To Competition Fall 2024

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What is your height/class are you competing in again? Looked at last years NPC Masters National and the guy for 50 yrs was in class B. He was definitely shredded but as far as the pictures makes him look not to heavy for the class. Pictures are really hard to tell sometimes do to light, camera, angels and all that but still feel he lacked some muscle. 2nd place def had more size but conditioning was not nearly as good.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What is your height/class are you competing in again? Looked at last years NPC Masters National and the guy for 50 yrs was in class B. He was definitely shredded but as far as the pictures makes him look not to heavy for the class. Pictures are really hard to tell sometimes do to light, camera, angels and all that but still feel he lacked some muscle. 2nd place def had more size but conditioning was not nearly as good.
You ever think about getting back into it?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If Classic would be the 5'7-5'8 class which tops out at 187lbs, if Open Class Light heavy Weight from 176 1/4 through 198 1/4lbs. Assuming I have around 30-35lbs to drop to be in stage shape that puts me in the 187-192 range on stage I am guessing.
If I every can lose the weight and maintain been floating the idea. @MrKleen73 watching this log has peak my interest a little. Will just have to see how things play out but would like to do 1 more at some point.
It has been a rough go with the bulking, but it has also been fun. The really rewarding stuff is yet to come, when I cut down and see what all we have built.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Recent Lifts

Back & Hamstrings Saturday, Mar 02, 2024 at 3:56pm

T Bar Row
Set 1: 115 lbs x 8 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 115 lbs x 8 @ 8 rpe
Set 3: 115 lbs x 8 @ 9 rpe
Set 4: 115 lbs x 8 @ 9.5 rpe

T Bar Row
Set 1: 90 lbs x 9 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 90 lbs x 9 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 90 lbs x 9 @ 9.5 rpe

Isolateral Front Lat Pulldown
Set 1: 70 lbs x 9 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 70 lbs x 9 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 70 lbs x 9 @ 10 rpe
Set 4: 45 lbs x 20 @ 8.5 rpe

Lying Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 55 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 55 lbs x 13 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 55 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe
Set 4: 55 lbs x 8 @ 10 rpe

Glute Ham Raise
Set 1: 10 reps
Set 2: 9 reps
Set 3: 8 reps

Calf Extension (Machine)
Set 1: 210 lbs x 17 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 210 lbs x 15 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 210 lbs x 14 @ 9 rpe

=============================================================================

Sunday, Mar 03, 2024 at 8:06am
SA Triceps Rope Extension
Set 1: 40 lbs x 20 @ 7.5 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 15 @ 8 rpe
Set 3: 60 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe
Set 4: 40 lbs x 16 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 20 lbs x 12 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 15 lbs x 15 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 15 lbs x 13 @ 10 rpe

Skull Crushers
55x15
55x12
55x9

Diamond Pushups to failure

Single Arm Preacher Curl
30x10
30x10
30x10 @RPE10

EZ Bar Curls
55x15
55x15
55x14

==========================================================================

Monday 3/4/24 Legs

Still watching lower back carefully, chose to do some safe work and allow a little more recovery.

Super Set - 10x10 of both exercises
Leg Extensions / Seated leg Curls

==========================================================================

Meeting up with Jim this afternoon so we decided yesterday I would hit legs and we would knock out chest and biceps tonight together. That way we can both enjoy really getting after it.

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If Classic would be the 5'7-5'8 class which tops out at 187lbs, if Open Class Light heavy Weight from 176 1/4 through 198 1/4lbs. Assuming I have around 30-35lbs to drop to be in stage shape that puts me in the 187-192 range on stage I am guessing.

It has been a rough go with the bulking, but it has also been fun. The really rewarding stuff is yet to come, when I cut down and see what all we have built.
Honestly thing you would do pretty great at the master nationals for 50 years old. Your size and overall build is outstanding and everything muscle group is in line pretty solid with the rest.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He says while currently standing with a physique leaner than 99% of humans in the developed world.
LOL thank you Sir! The dysmorphia is real!
Honestly thing you would do pretty great at the master nationals for 50 years old. Your size and overall build is outstanding and everything muscle group is in line pretty solid with the rest.
Thanks, yeah, I was thinking if I did the older class it would definitely make me more competitive.
I don’t know enough about bodybuilding to know how to place him, but I can say that the pictures here really don’t do him justice at all.
Thanks Jim, had a great session last night, can't wait for the next go round.

We didn't really record the weights and reps last night, we were just enjoying the conversation and workout thoroughly. We both worked hard and pushed the limits on every movement. Was just a great session. Below is what details I can remember from the session.

Arsenal Incline - 115x11, 90x12

Arsenal Chest Press 70, 90, 70 RP 70 drop set >45

Arsenal Pec Fly 120x21, 21, 18

Smith Incline Press 185, 185, 185

Spider Curls 25, 25, 25

DB Pronated to Supinated Curls - 20, 20, 20

Had a massive pump, and was looking quite large by the end of all of this.

3/6/24 - Fasted Weight 219.6lbs - Weight still climbing at a decent pace. Highest weight so far was 221 and some change. If I had to guess I am around 17-20%BF right now up from around 12%,

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone, sorry the updates have been sporadic. Just been very busy with work, and adjusting to my new schedule too. I had some solid training since my last post. Got in 3 nice sessions, and going to push legs tonight, it will be my first time belt squatting and leg pressing since my back randomly went out a couple weeks back.

Coaches feedback this week was very positive. Happy with the current movement on weight, dietary adjustments seem to be going very well.

3/12/24 - Fasted Weight 220.3 - With Abs! Not ripped but I think I can safely say I am the leanest I have ever been at 220. I am pretty happy with the gains we have been able to make. Makes me wonder what would have actually happened if I had ever truly leaned into the gear and gaining when I was young enough to truly push it.

Coach wants to make a loose template for anabolics on the way up to the show. Getting excited, I asked him how long we would be prepping for. Not sure how he does things but excited to see what he has in store for me. If I am able to maintain a good bit of the muscle gained this year I should look damn good up there on stage!!!

Sorry for not being as active in everyone's thread. I have been trying to go in and keep up with you all and like comments to let you know I am alive and supporting you all! Not sure how much longer we will be balls to the walls at work, but I am making the best I can of it.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey everyone, sorry the updates have been sporadic. Just been very busy with work, and adjusting to my new schedule too. I had some solid training since my last post. Got in 3 nice sessions, and going to push legs tonight, it will be my first time belt squatting and leg pressing since my back randomly went out a couple weeks back.

Coaches feedback this week was very positive. Happy with the current movement on weight, dietary adjustments seem to be going very well.

3/12/24 - Fasted Weight 220.3 - With Abs! Not ripped but I think I can safely say I am the leanest I have ever been at 220. I am pretty happy with the gains we have been able to make. Makes me wonder what would have actually happened if I had ever truly leaned into the gear and gaining when I was young enough to truly push it.

Coach wants to make a loose template for anabolics on the way up to the show. Getting excited, I asked him how long we would be prepping for. Not sure how he does things but excited to see what he has in store for me. If I am able to maintain a good bit of the muscle gained this year I should look damn good up there on stage!!!

Sorry for not being as active in everyone's thread. I have been trying to go in and keep up with you all and like comments to let you know I am alive and supporting you all! Not sure how much longer we will be balls to the walls at work, but I am making the best I can of it.
Hell yeah 220 with abs that’s awesome man and you been putting in that hard work! Glad to hear things are going good!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Yeah I knew looking at your pictures you were sitting in a good place….220 lbs with abs means you’re carrying a lot of muscle already, and it still being early in your prep shows you really will be a “Beast” when you hit that stage.💪🏆

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Keep Killin it!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you had leaned hard into gear when younger, you would probably be done by now. You certainly wouldn’t be any bigger or better now, just trying to maintain.

The body can only take a pounding so long, and while 20 year olds can handle more, they don’t stay in their 20s, do they?

Keep focusing on today! Best of luck brother.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hell yeah 220 with abs that’s awesome man and you been putting in that hard work! Glad to hear things are going good!
Thanks!
Yeah I knew looking at your pictures you were sitting in a good place….220 lbs with abs means you’re carrying a lot of muscle already, and it still being early in your prep shows you really will be a “Beast” when you hit that stage.💪🏆
Thanks, I am definitely excited to see how much I have changed once I start getting leaner again. Should be some pretty major differences.
Keep grinding Kleen, we’ve all seen your determination before.
Yes Sir, gonna keep on pushing, making adjustments as needed to make sure of it.
Keep Killin it!!!
Will do!
If you had leaned hard into gear when younger, you would probably be done by now. You certainly wouldn’t be any bigger or better now, just trying to maintain.

The body can only take a pounding so long, and while 20 year olds can handle more, they don’t stay in their 20s, do they?

Keep focusing on today! Best of luck brother.
Oh agreed, I would probably be smaller right now because I would have likely stopped pushing for size and everything a little while back if I had leaned into it earlier. More thinking of how big I could have possibly gotten then if I had applied the same level of effort and discipline as now. Definitely don't see it as a loss because anything done differently in my past could mean I don't end up with the wife and family I am so in love with having now. However, realizing the potential was actually there as I expected the whole time is pretty rewarding, especially at this age.

My legs are toast the last 2 days. Hitting some different exercises as well as a little time off made for some serious DOMS which it has been a while for me since I have been sore enough to have to concentrate on walking somewhat normally. Actually kind of loving that, even though that makes no sense. LOL I will post up some of my sessions this weekend. Hopefully in the next few weeks things will slow down a little more so I can post a little more regularly. I will post up some of my check in pics this weekend to show you all where I am at physique-wise.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
same here homie, keep grinding!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys, here goes a dump of the recent training efforts.

All in all training has been going good. On the consistent exercises I am progressing and when I change machines or gyms or whatever I am just pushing as hard as reasonably possible to make sure I know I am always putting in enough work to get the job done.

I have officially reached the size that even the bigger guys are asking me questions about my training and what I do for this or that. People I don't really see myself as being that much bigger than if at all. It's crazy to still have that body dysmorphia where I see myself as a normal muscular guy who lifts. That I don't really see how big I actually am. Then it occurred to me everyone I have ever known that was about my height, weight and body fat I thought were pretty damn big. So anyway, I digress. Point in case is that this last week 2 of the bigger guys at the gym have come up to me asking for advice on difference body parts or goals. Feels pretty good when someone who is already jacked is looking to you for physique advice.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

View attachment 240876

View attachment 240877

View attachment 240878

View attachment 240879

View attachment 240880

View attachment 240881

All in all training has been going good. On the consistent exercises I am progressing and when I change machines or gyms or whatever I am just pushing as hard as reasonably possible to make sure I know I am always putting in enough work to get the job done.

I have officially reached the size that even the bigger guys are asking me questions about my training and what I do for this or that. People I don't really see myself as being that much bigger than if at all. It's crazy to still have that body dysmorphia where I see myself as a normal muscular guy who lifts. That I don't really see how big I actually am. Then it occurred to me everyone I have ever known that was about my height, weight and body fat I thought were pretty damn big. So anyway, I digress. Point in case is that this last week 2 of the bigger guys at the gym have come up to me asking for advice on difference body parts or goals. Feels pretty good when someone who is already jacked is looking to you for physique advice.
When you get the regulars that are committed gym rats coming to you for advice, then you know it’s going right….makes you feel like the big dog. And as far as the body dysmorphia, I think a lot of us are our own top critic. Of course that’s part of why you always have that drive to get better. Ha, but believe me you’re definitely well beyond a normal muscular guy.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

View attachment 240876

View attachment 240877

View attachment 240878

View attachment 240879

View attachment 240880

View attachment 240881

I love a good training dump. Badass that people are seeing the return of your investment! That’s always the best feeling.
no joke, it really makes you appreciate the accumulative volume when you look at it like that and the value of consistency!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you get the regulars that are committed gym rats coming to you for advice, then you know it’s going right….makes you feel like the big dog. And as far as the body dysmorphia, I think a lot of us are our own top critic. Of course that’s part of why you always have that drive to get better. Ha, but believe me you’re definitely well beyond a normal muscular guy.
Thanks! I do know this mentally, it is just not what I see except on occasion. Every once in a while I will be standing near someone I look at in the gym as muscular or pretty well built, and ACTUALLY see myself as I am looking massive next to them and it is an awakening for a moment. However 95% of the time when just looking at my own reflection, I just don't see it.

no joke, it really makes you appreciate the accumulative volume when you look at it like that and the value of consistency!
Absolutely agree!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whew! Chest is getting sore from yesterdays session. I had to do a truncated session and decided to just beat it up with 5 sets of DB Inclines, 4 sets of PowerTec Flat chest press, and follow that up with 4 sets to failure on Skull Crushers. Starting to feel the DOMS setting in now. Was a great fast beat me up style session and did the trick obviously judging by the soreness setting in.

Also, have steadily been getting the "you're getting huge" comments the last 2 weeks. I was told by 3 different people just today that I look like I blew up overnight. So even though I have only gained about 3 lbs the last 3 weeks it seems to be the difference that is making everyone take notice of my new size.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, have steadily been getting the "you're getting huge" comments the last 2 weeks. I was told by 3 different people just today that I look like I blew up overnight. So even though I have only gained about 3 lbs the last 3 weeks it seems to be the difference that is making everyone take notice of my new size.
No lie, I think this is what we all secretly live for!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
has bf gone down at all? scale says 3lbs but maybe in actuality + more lbs in lean mass?
No, I would say it is about the same, maybe a touch higher, or lower, it really depends on the day. Weight seems consistent between 217-220 with the base line slowly creeping up. If anything the more likely deal is I have more glycogen in the muscle since a couple weeks of having more starchy carbs and less sugar specifically fructose. I was getting a lot previously with all of the honey which has been replaced with rice.
No lie, I think this is what we all secretly live for!
No doubt, nothing like being told you are looking huge when that is the goal!!!

I did not make it to the gym last night for legs. I was feeling a little rough but went ahead and took a preworkout and 15 minutes later my gut just basically said Oh Hell No!!! I got super hot and nauseous, then had a bit of a blowout. I felt pretty rough for about an hour and a half. I think I could have done the session without the pre but the pre set my stomach off. So I stayed home and will go train legs today.

I talked to my coach last night. We nailed down a few things yesterday, we dropped back to a cruise dose as of my next shot will be 60mg test e EOD, will pull bloods in 3 weeks to see how things are going and if out of the red we will start back up in 6 weeks. If not we will pull blood again at 6 weeks and kick off at 8 weeks. If bloods are not out of the red by 6 weeks we will stay off longer and shoot for the winter shows. I will also be having them check my cystatin c levels when they pull bloods so I know where I am at with kidney function.

Things also just possibly got a bit more expensive. If we qualify for nationals at the Johnnie O Jackson I will end up flying up to Pittsburg for the national show up there. We discussed going for the one later in the year but he said those 2 shows are going to be the most competitive shows in the country since they are the last time anyone can qualify for nationals and the national show then is the most competitive too. So we are looking at the Pittsburg Nationals show 4 days after the Johnnie o Jackson if I qualify for nationals. He said it was my best shot at winning nationals and possibly going pro. Earning my pro card would be realizing a dream from long long ago that I had long since given up on.

We also discussed category for the competition. I will be doing the Master's Open Class not the Open Open. He said if I wanted to see how I shake out against the younger guys I could double up at the Johnnie O Jackson show since it wasn't too expensive, but if money was a concern then just don't worry about that at all. That I would only want to do the open open at the smaller show because entry fees into the nationals are 350 a pop. So now I know for sure, our sites are on the Masters which improves my odds quite a bit IMHO.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
No, I would say it is about the same, maybe a touch higher, or lower, it really depends on the day. Weight seems consistent between 217-220 with the base line slowly creeping up. If anything the more likely deal is I have more glycogen in the muscle since a couple weeks of having more starchy carbs and less sugar specifically fructose. I was getting a lot previously with all of the honey which has been replaced with rice.

I did not make it to the gym last night for legs. I was feeling a little rough but went ahead and took a preworkout and 15 minutes later my gut just basically said Oh Hell No!!! I got super hot and nauseous, then had a bit of a blowout. I felt pretty rough for about an hour and a half. I think I could have done the session without the pre but the pre set my stomach off. So I stayed home and will go train legs today.

I talked to my coach last night. We nailed down a few things yesterday, we dropped back to a cruise dose as of my next shot will be 60mg test e EOD, will pull bloods in 3 weeks to see how things are going and if out of the red we will start back up in 6 weeks. If not we will pull blood again at 6 weeks and kick off at 8 weeks. If bloods are not out of the red by 6 weeks we will stay off longer and shoot for the winter shows. I will also be having them check my cystatin c levels when they pull bloods so I know where I am at with kidney function.

Things also just possibly got a bit more expensive. If we qualify for nationals at the Johnnie O Jackson I will end up flying up to Pittsburg for the national show up there. We discussed going for the one later in the year but he said those 2 shows are going to be the most competitive shows in the country since they are the last time anyone can qualify for nationals and the national show then is the most competitive too. So we are looking at the Pittsburg Nationals show 4 days after the Johnnie o Jackson if I qualify for nationals. He said it was my best shot at winning nationals and possibly going pro. Earning my pro card would be realizing a dream from long long ago that I had long since given up on.

We also discussed category for the competition. I will be doing the Master's Open Class not the Open Open. He said if I wanted to see how I shake out against the younger guys I could double up at the Johnnie O Jackson show since it wasn't too expensive, but if money was a concern then just don't worry about that at all. That I would only want to do the open open at the smaller show because entry fees into the nationals are 350 a pop. So now I know for sure, our sites are on the Masters which improves my odds quite a bit IMHO.
Dude that is awesome! Wishing you all the best on blood results so you can get to going and totally awesome on pursuing your goal!!!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That is awesome man….. I think you’re going to kill it, especially in the Master’s Class. That would be really cool if you earned your pro card.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That is awesome man….. I think you’re going to kill it, especially in the Master’s Class. That would be really cool if you earned your pro card.
Yeah it would, but then I would have to make the hard decision of do I register to get pro status incase I ever decide to start training again, and if I did then do I hold out and do one more competition so I have actually competed as a pro. Of course thinking about those things is putting the cart before the horse.

So, I have mentioned that I have been getting a lot of comments lately about how big I am getting but today I just got my favorite compliment so far. I was talking to a lady about pilates in the elevator since she was on the way to a class and I was on my way to do cardio. She asked if I worked out across the street all the time and I told her no. I do my cardio here and go lift after work. That I am getting ready for a competition so doing 2 a days now. She said "Well I have to say, you are just..." then paused like she was looking for the perfect word, and then finally said MASSIVE! She said "I don't know if that is the right word but fit, or muscular just doesn't do it justice. Massive was the only thing that seemed like it captured how big your muscles are. It really is amazing!"

I told her that she couldn't have picked a better word to make me smile. That massive was the perfect compliment for someone who looks like they might be a bodybuilder. I think the fact she had to pause and make sure she used the right word to get her point across that made if feel so genuine which made it that much more pleasing to hear.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah it would, but then I would have to make the hard decision of do I register to get pro status incase I ever decide to start training again, and if I did then do I hold out and do one more competition so I have actually competed as a pro. Of course thinking about those things is putting the cart before the horse.

So, I have mentioned that I have been getting a lot of comments lately about how big I am getting but today I just got my favorite compliment so far. I was talking to a lady about pilates in the elevator since she was on the way to a class and I was on my way to do cardio. She asked if I worked out across the street all the time and I told her no. I do my cardio here and go lift after work. That I am getting ready for a competition so doing 2 a days now. She said "Well I have to say, you are just..." then paused like she was looking for the perfect word, and then finally said MASSIVE! She said "I don't know if that is the right word but fit, or muscular just doesn't do it justice. Massive was the only thing that seemed like it captured how big your muscles are. It really is amazing!"

I told her that she couldn't have picked a better word to make me smile. That massive was the perfect compliment for someone who looks like they might be a bodybuilder. I think the fact she had to pause and make sure she used the right word to get her point across that made if feel so genuine which made it that much more pleasing to hear.
Sidewalk-crackin’ MF’er was going to be her next choice

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Hell yeah.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Oh man! We all know you got this!

dapack

dapack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is a quick turn around, 4 days. I know you can do it but that will be a brutal couple of weeks.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome man! I do think we all tend to have skewed views of ourselves (always too small) given that we surf these forums, follow BBers, etc. Obviously you're putting in the work, and to the outside world it's clear you walk the walk. That's great.

Also, good luck with Masters Open. You should definitely have a shot!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sidewalk-crackin’ MF’er was going to be her next choice
Hell Yeah!
Hell yeah.
Right!
Oh man! We all know you got this!
Thanks!
That is a quick turn around, 4 days. I know you can do it but that will be a brutal couple of weeks.
Yeah but it will be easier than doing another prep later in the year. I can suck it up for another peak week if I get the chance to do Nationals. My wife is a little bummed, she doesn't know if she will be able to take off and fly up for the 2nd show. If not I will see if my son can go to have someone around for incidentals and support.
That's awesome man! I do think we all tend to have skewed views of ourselves (always too small) given that we surf these forums, follow BBers, etc. Obviously you're putting in the work, and to the outside world it's clear you walk the walk. That's great.

Also, good luck with Masters Open. You should definitely have a shot!
Facts, and thanks, I do feel more confident in my chances in Masters since it will be more understandable there to have a little loose skin.

I need to download my workouts and will post them later. I figured I would show the fruits of this massing phase since I was looking at them anyway. We turned the doses up and started adding calories on 11/18/23 @194.4lbs and lowered them to a cruise on 3/18/24 @219. Of course I gained some fat but for 24.6lbs of total gains I think I am looking damn good and added some nice new tissue.

3/23/24 Fasted Weight 219

I will do a workout dump later, about to go grab some protein and karbolyn to keep me stocked up for those days I have to get my 4rth meal in as an intra drink due to being busy at work and meals being delayed.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's funny how you forget how lean you were until you see a picture of it and are like crap, I forgot how that looked!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you gain 25lbs and can still see your abs, you know you did it right! Nice job on all the discipline - I know what it’s like to eat when you aren’t hungry most of the time. But it has taken you where you wanted to go, and it will give you LEGS up on most of your competitors come show time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When you gain 25lbs and can still see your abs, you know you did it right! Nice job on all the discipline - I know what it’s like to eat when you aren’t hungry most of the time. But it has taken you where you wanted to go, and it will give you LEGS up on most of your competitors come show time.
Thanks @Hyde, it has been a challenge for sure.

Here is a workout dump of recent training.

===============================================================

================================================================

============================================================

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell Yeah!
Right!
Thanks!
Yeah but it will be easier than doing another prep later in the year. I can suck it up for another peak week if I get the chance to do Nationals. My wife is a little bummed, she doesn't know if she will be able to take off and fly up for the 2nd show. If not I will see if my son can go to have someone around for incidentals and support.
Facts, and thanks, I do feel more confident in my chances in Masters since it will be more understandable there to have a little loose skin.

I need to download my workouts and will post them later. I figured I would show the fruits of this massing phase since I was looking at them anyway. We turned the doses up and started adding calories on 11/18/23 @194.4lbs and lowered them to a cruise on 3/18/24 @219. Of course I gained some fat but for 24.6lbs of total gains I think I am looking damn good and added some nice new tissue.

View attachment 241037
View attachment 241038

View attachment 241039
View attachment 241040
I will do a workout dump later, about to go grab some protein and karbolyn to keep me stocked up for those days I have to get my 4rth meal in as an intra drink due to being busy at work and meals being delayed.
Still looking massive, and with abs…..like Hyde said, the abs are the proof that you added the weight the right way.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Still looking massive, and with abs…..like Hyde said, the abs are the proof that you added the weight the right way.
Thank you Sir! I am pretty happy with the overall gains. Loving having some down weeks, feeling pretty good and happy coach was happy with this check in. No changes this week, just keep doing what I am doing.

@akboom87 What was that drill attachment you used to clean and re-season your grill? I let mine sit a bit too long and need to knock a little yuck off of it. I pulled it out and it was okay to clean up enough to cook that time but it is need of a deep cleaning and being re-seasoned. Just a couple months of not being used is all it takes to have a little something to knock off of those things.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thank you Sir! I am pretty happy with the overall gains. Loving having some down weeks, feeling pretty good and happy coach was happy with this check in. No changes this week, just keep doing what I am doing.

@akboom87 What was that drill attachment you used to clean and re-season your grill? I let mine sit a bit too long and need to knock a little yuck off of it. I pulled it out and it was okay to clean up enough to cook that time but it is need of a deep cleaning and being re-seasoned. Just a couple months of not being used is all it takes to have a little something to knock off of those things.
Well this weekend I re did mine for my yearly re seasoning. This time I used my angle grinder and I got a wire wheel attachment to get most of it then I hit the top with a sanding pad attachment on the grinder don’t remember what grit.

I tried to use a drill the year before with a wire wheel attachment as well, it kinda worked but nothing like the angle grinder. I was all done in 10 minutes.

This is the wire wheel cup I used

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking great bro!! Sorry I've missed out on all the fun trying to keep my headspace right :)

Trying to checkin every couple of weeks though

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hell Yeah!
Right!
Thanks!

View attachment 241037
View attachment 241038

View attachment 241039
View attachment 241040
Lookin pretty freaky there Kleen

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how has your rest/sleep quality been lately?

She said "Well I have to say, you are just..." then paused like she was looking for the perfect word, and then finally said MASSIVE! She said "I don't know if that is the right word but fit, or muscular just doesn't do it justice. Massive was the only thing that seemed like it captured how big your muscles are. It really is amazing!"
and after you told your wife about these female compliments she said, yes I absolutely agree you sexy beast of a man!