MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
criminy dude!!! the cost of HP! that sucks....
Absolutely, and agree with everything from your post before this. The money difference seems about right to me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, as of tomorrow my doses will get a slight shift, I am going to bump test to 350 and drop Mast to 250. As of yesterday my joints officially dried out. My elbows complained a bit during my session yesterday then ached a little last night, and my knees were extremely creaky and slow to lubricate this morning. Hopefully creating a 100mg difference here will change things up for the better. For anyone used to making these adjustments does this sound about right while keeping the overall mgs the same for the week?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh yeah, as of tomorrow my doses will get a slight shift, I am going to bump test to 350 and drop Mast to 250. As of yesterday my joints officially dried out. My elbows complained a bit during my session yesterday then ached a little last night, and my knees were extremely creaky and slow to lubricate this morning. Hopefully creating a 100mg difference here will change things up for the better. For anyone used to making these adjustments does this sound about right while keeping the overall mgs the same for the week?
Yeah, that’s a reasonable adjustment, and that’s what a lot of guys have to do, keep Test higher than Mast. Just like with everything, your body will let you know when you need to adjust something. Not sure how you respond to
MK 677, but when you start going into your clean bulk that’s a good one to add in. Even 12.5 mg up to 25 mg a day can increase igf-1, increase appetite, and provide more lubrication. It actually can help fill out after a cut.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that’s a reasonable adjustment, and that’s what a lot of guys have to do, keep Test higher than Mast. Just like with everything, your body will let you know when you need to adjust something. Not sure how you respond to
MK 677, but when you start going into your clean bulk that’s a good one to add in. Even 12.5 mg up to 25 mg a day can increase igf-1, increase appetite, and provide more lubrication. It actually can help fill out after a cut.
I tried to run it after my shoulder surgery and it spiked my BP a bit. I might give it another go but it tends to bloat me pretty badly. So would have to keep even more of an eye on BP.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried to run it after my shoulder surgery and it spiked my BP a bit. I might give it another go but it tends to bloat me pretty badly. So would have to keep even more of an eye on BP.
Yeah, it can definitely bring on the bloat for some people. Not sure what dose you took, but I know dropping from 25 to 12.5 helps, for me, and after the first few weeks increase to 25. The bloat usually doesn’t hit as hard starting low and increasing after a few weeks. Maybe have some Telmisartan on hand just in case.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it can definitely bring on the bloat for some people. Not sure what dose you took, but I know dropping from 25 to 12.5 helps, for me, and after the first few weeks increase to 25. The bloat usually doesn’t hit as hard starting low and increasing after a few weeks. Maybe have some Telmisartan on hand just in case.
Oh I have some Telmisartan but not sure I want to run it up over 80mg unless the gear needs it. I am at 40 now and just maintaining around 125/78 on current load. I may have room at 12.5. I think I had 25mg caps though. I may have gotten some MA Research instead though.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh I have some Telmisartan but not sure I want to run it up over 80mg unless the gear needs it. I am at 40 now and just maintaining around 125/78 on current load. I may have room at 12.5. I think I had 25mg caps though. I may have gotten some MA Research instead though.
Yeah, I understand….blood pressure is not something to play with. So I understand not adding MK if you know it will raise it too much.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I understand….blood pressure is not something to play with. So I understand not adding MK if you know it will raise it too much.
Well I have been able to run it before at 12.5 so I may try starting there and see what happens. It will only take a day or two to figure it out. It bumped it up on like day 2 last time.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
10/17/23 Macros

================================================================================

10/18/23 - Morning Weight 200 - Weight is still on the way back down. Getting in a good amount of protein and carbs while keeping fats lower. No complaints on these macros for the day.

Hunger is starting to show up a bit. I find myself a lot hungrier at the end of the day. Of course I am getting 50% of my calories for the day in by 9:30 AM, and have been awake 2.5 hours longer, so it shouldn't be surprising.

I did not get up to workout this morning. @jimbuick and I are planning a session together tonight before he heads out of town as long as everything works out with the errands he has to take care of. Going to hit up upper body, have some fun, and BS with each other. Who knows, if he is hungry we may grab a bite to eat.

My hamstrings and glutes have a little bit of DOMS from yesterday, which tells me I am on the right track here. Not surprised quads are not sore at all, it takes a herculean effort or a really new stimulus for them to actually get DOMS. My adductors and hamstrings, still get sore on occasion.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Walk by Bayou - 60 minutes

Training with @jimbuick is unfortunately being pushed until tomorrow. He has something he needs to do, and I also need to cook some more prep meals today. So training is being pushed until tomorrow. I may toss in some cell swelling for medial and rear delts while outside prepping food or waiting for my grill to heat up.

Tomorrow, I have a feeling my workout should be pretty good after a day of good carbs and no weight training today. It will have me more full for tomorrow's session.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
too funny, when you said training was pushed till tomorrow I instinctively said "Carb up, homeboy!" in my head lol
Yeah, I am on too tight of a leash to CARB UP, but 244g carbs with no workout should definitely leave some in the tank for today! Then again I lost more weight so probably burning through these carbs like they are nothing.

10/18/23 - Macros

Another good day here, no complaints on these macros.

================================================================================

10/19/23 - Morning Weight 199.7 - Just working my way back down. Not sure how low things will go while I am eating as many carbs. I may hang around here since not depleted. We shall see. I know if I hit 195 again while having this level of carbs I am definitely burning fat at a good rate. Just going to keep on trying to move that needle a little bit at a time.

Looking forward to tonight's session with @jimbuick, taking the day off has me really ready to lift and having someone to push with will be lots of fun!

I prepped 6lbs of chicken breast, put 3lb in several 6.5oz cooked weight single servings. Then 3lbs in some spicy curry chicken masala with some long grain and wild rice. it made 7 servings.

Will add 85g fat free greek yogurt, and either some veggies or fruit with this for a meal.

The regular chicken breast I will probably toss in some rice with something for flavor whether that be BBQ Sauce, Mango Habanero Sauce, Moroccan Sauce or even low fat gravy for that matter. I only seasoned them with salt and pepper so they should be able to take on any other flavors easily. I am not sure if I mentioned it but I bought a scale for work so I can weight things up here as well to make sure I am getting what I need.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just cancelled my Team Full ROM membership. I thought it was going to be something better than it is. However, I seem to be helping more people than getting help or answers. It is not what I thought it was going to be. I do not recommend it unless you really just want to ask programming or form related questions. Which when it come to those I am pretty decent, and also have you all who's opinions I already respect to bounce questions off of.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'd adjust one at a time. Bump the test and see if it gets better

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
that new scale I got has been a huge benefit I even ordered another one for my work backpack so if the wife puts leftovers together and I grab it I can track it for lunch.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd adjust one at a time. Bump the test and see if it gets better
I did the 350T, and 250M Wednesday and it was a huge pain in the ass with the size barrels I have. So I might just do that for ease of administration. It is a lot easier to pull 200, and 150 than it is to do 175, and 125 with a 3ml barrel.
that new scale I got has been a huge benefit I even ordered another one for my work backpack so if the wife puts leftovers together and I grab it I can track it for lunch.
Yeah no doubt, I have used mine at work almost every day since I got it. Just used it to weigh out some fruit I got from the breakfast layout.

10/19/23 - Chest, Shoulders, and Arms with @jimbuick

Arsenal Straight Arm Pec Deck - 100-170lbs x 3 sets

Arsenal Incline Press - 45, 90 x 2 sets

Arsenal Flat Press - 70 x 2 sets

Arsenal Functional Trainer Cable Curls Facing Away - 2 sets - no idea on weight

DB Preacher Hammer Curls Single Arm - 20 x 3 set

Arsenal Shoulder Press - 45 x 2 sets

Arsenal Standing Lateral Raises - 50 x 3 sets

Arsenal Functional Trainer Cable Triceps Crossover Extensions - Weight Unknown x 2 sets

Arsenal Flat Press Close Grip / JM Press Modification - 35 x 3 sets

This session went exactly like what you would expect from 2 of us meeting up to get a session in. We both fed off of each other and put in work. There were a few forced reps on his part, and I took several sets to 1-0RIR. I trained a little heavier than usual on a lot of movements but kept my usual form just did less reps. Basically just used the weights Jim was using. It was a great session and I really enjoyed it. I don't remember most of the weights and definitely not rep details but we definitely got a good one in!!! Even though I did hit failure here and there, I did not do any forced reps or even try to grind through failure. Just once I knew I wasn't getting a reps I set it back down. I am all for bumping up the intensity a bit for a buddy session but not going off the reservation and putting myself or my training at risk.

10/19/23 Macros - Another good day in between 2400-2600 calories.

10/20/23 - Morning Weight 197.6 - This matches my low from last week without being depleted. Well at least without eating low carb. I feel I am just munching through these carbs so easy without giving the body much fat to work with at all other than what is on my body. Insulin sensitivity seems to be stellar right now too.

I am bumping my normal Telmisartan dose of 40 up to 80 this week. My systolic BP hit a little higher than I want it to be at 147/78 this morning. That is 24 hours away from my last dose, not while recently medicated but still. I may also go donate here in the next couple of weeks to make room for more RBC's. Just as a healthy precaution.

I will be heading to the gym tonight for a leg session. Should be a fun session! Well in that masochistic sense anyway!

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How does everything feel overall. Injuries acting up, response to training after the lay off, mentally and physically good overall.... just curious where you feel your at as a whole to put x amount of effort In. Ready to rock with no limitations or not quite yet I guess is what I'm asking

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How does everything feel overall. Injuries acting up, response to training after the lay off, mentally and physically good overall.... just curious where you feel your at as a whole to put x amount of effort In. Ready to rock with no limitations or not quite yet I guess is what I'm asking
@Smont Right now I would say I am about 95% as far as injuries, always a little something nagging but working through everything. Definitely the best I have felt in a good long while. The flare up in my thoracic has pretty much healed, I would say somewhere in the 90-95%. I think as long as I train within my limitations, and don't try any movements I deemed unsafe during the injury over the next meso or two I should be golden. So no barbell squatting, or certain types of rowing for another 2 months and I think the concern over that area will be a thing of the past. Honestly with the machines and other things I have to select from I don't need to do any of these things for my contest. I probably won't push Squats for a couple mesos if I even bring them in. Not sure it is worth the risk since I have so many high SFR movements I can do instead.

Joint wise all of my joints are feeling pretty good right now outside of being bone dry. Come On Testosterone, do your thing! :)

Mentally I become a little more cemented in my game every day. Doing what needs to be done daily is becoming more of a habit. Stopping the fasting and focusing on tracking my intake daily has made that aspect get better and better. Consistency is much easier to keep if you are truly being consistent. The fasting didn't really allow for that type of mindset for me. It's a wonderful tool but for the regimentation I need now it offered me too much flexibility.

I guess what I am saying is I am ready to go FULL STEAM AHEAD!!! Current progress is also very motivating. I think I am getting closer to 12% now. In the gym I look like a beast, especially with a pump. Gyno / Psuedo Gyno is still a concern but honestly, I don't remember exactly how lean I was when they really tucked up under. I think more like 9% so I still have a ways to go to see how that will be and probably won't see that until sometime next spring / summer.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice. That's what I was hoping to hear
I just reached out to Alex Kikel to verify the pricing on coaching. If I can get in for what it looks like being a previous client the wife has given me the blessing to go ahead and work with him. I explained that with me prepping 100% of my food that will keep us from ordering out because if I am not ordering out neither are they. Even if they do order out without me occasionally, me trying to get enough protein means I am always twice the price so me not being involved in that saves us a lot of money a month taking the ordering in off the plate. So we should be able to afford it easily, so she agreed to it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
350/250 is probably where you will want to be. What I found over playing with test/mast over cruise and several blasts now involving it is that if I am too dry, there’s a problem now but adjusting enanthate takes time - and estrogen buildup from it takes lags behind even further.

So if I was 300/300, and wanted 350/250, I would actually do a week of 400/200, then move to 350/250. I didn’t tell you this in time, so the next option (probably just as good) is to just add some oral DHEA or Pregnenolone.

Pregnenolone is really wet for me, probably because of the progesterone conversion as well as the estrogen, so I would use that first since it gives me more energy, focus, & drive. But if I already feel wound up tight enough, I will use DHEA instead. Again, you want oral for the heavier estrogen conversion. Just dose on feel. A small bottle of either can be had for like $8 at any supermarket supplement aisle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I just reached out to Alex Kikel to verify the pricing on coaching. If I can get in for what it looks like being a previous client the wife has given me the blessing to go ahead and work with him. I explained that with me prepping 100% of my food that will keep us from ordering out because if I am not ordering out neither are they. Even if they do order out without me occasionally, me trying to get enough protein means I am always twice the price so me not being involved in that saves us a lot of money a month taking the ordering in off the plate. So we should be able to afford it easily, so she agreed to it.
When my family orders takeout for the 4 of us it's about $100

When it's 3 of them and not me it's 50-60 lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you got to train with Jim. He needs someone to keep him in line
Yeah he does! He's got a lot of drive and intensity! We complimented each other well!

Everything above makes sense and stuff I started thinking about earlier. That I probably should have gone 400/200 to get my estrogen higher faster, but didn't consider dropping back down after, just adding a little mast in with the next increase. I didn't think about the DHEA which is funny because it would be one of the first things I would suggest to someone else in this situation. That's just proof why it is best to have another set of eyes on you. It's not so obvious all the time when it is you.

Speaking of eyes on you, It was as I expected with Alex Kikel, too good to be true. The special page it was taking me too for prior clients was something old from a few years ago. He thought it had been deactivated. I definitely can not afford his current prices either. I really can't go over 200 a month so if anyone knows a good coach around that price let me know some names. If I don't find anyone in that price range I can really believe in I will just do everything but the prep myself and put the 200 a month toward GH. Either way is a win. I know a good amount about nutrition and training and have some great people in here to bounce things off of. So if no coach building up to 3-4 IU of GH will go a long way while massing.

When my family orders takeout for the 4 of us it's about $100

When it's 3 of them and not me it's 50-60 lol
Good to know it isn't just me but it hurts the wallet for sure!

==================================================================================

10/20/23 - Lower Session - Tempo 4-2-1-1, Relative Effort 1-0RIR

Arsenal True Squat facing out 130*9,8,7,6 -
Up another 20lbs here but lost a rep.

Arsenal True Squat good morning 270*20, 320*15, 320*10 - My hamstring got tight and I called it for safety.

Arsenal Leg Extensions 80* fail x 3 set - I did these sitting up tall no back rest until I couldn't then immediately leaned back to move the tension toward the tear drops for some more reps.

Hack Squat Calf Raises - AMRAP w/ 5 second stretch on every rep x fail x 3 sets - I left the machine empty and did high reps with stretching because my calves were trying to cramp a bit.

I am going to go to the grocery store and grab some DHEA to get some estrogen going here shortly. I am so dry it is affecting training which is not okay. That being said, the session did the trick, my hams and glutes have a twinge of DOMS and my teardrops are not sore but are definitely wrecked.

Macros - Fat was pretty low last night around 2450 so I added in an OZ of almonds. Just barely fitting in the 2400-2600 range I am targeting.

===============================================================================

10/21/23 - Morning Weight 197.2 - Still dropping weight even at a 2600 calorie day. Looks like things are on target.

I am going to do do a pull session today with shoulders and arms added for extra volume on them. Looking forward to the session.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You might want to send a few emails, I've been looking around lately and it seems like most don't advertise there prices for a prep. Many times you can get a deal doing 3 or 4 months at a time. So and so may do 20 week preps and have a discount price paid in full. My only suggestion is pick someone very respected witj good feedback if doing something like that. It would suck if 3 weeks in yiu hated the person but paid for 16 weeks

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You might want to send a few emails, I've been looking around lately and it seems like most don't advertise there prices for a prep. Many times you can get a deal doing 3 or 4 months at a time. So and so may do 20 week preps and have a discount price paid in full. My only suggestion is pick someone very respected witj good feedback if doing something like that. It would suck if 3 weeks in you hated the person but paid for 16 weeks
Yeah, I am not really even sure where to start looking at this point. I did reach out to a buddy I helped several years ago that has been coaching for about 5 years and turned one guy pro and his two guys just recently won both of their classes. So I reached out to him to see what his prices are. See if we can talk about his philosophies and stuff.. Maybe look at more of his clients results.

Training today was just instinctive back arm and shoulder work. I did things to 1-0RIR and did enough to stimulate some growth.

Arsenal Lat PullDown - 45 x 1-0RIR x 3 sets

TBar Rows 90, 70, 70 @1RIR
- I didn't want to push it with these so I wasn't going to close to failure.

DB Lateral Raise - 15x0RIR x 3 sets - Great Pump, these were swing style a la Wycked Training pump was awesome. Still trying to perfect the form on this one. I will hit it for a minute then lose it. Once you find your best angle these are sick!

DB Rear Delt Swings - 10x0RIR, 15x0RIR x 2 sets - Man I am telling you all my rear delts are disgusting looking right now! If my medial delt looked like my rears my shoulders would look like pumpkins...

Alternating DB Curls - Single drop set 30x0RIR>20x0RIR>10x0RIR

Single Arm Cable Triceps Press Down - 50x0RIR>40x0RIR>30x0RIR

I just wanted to touch on the arms and get some blood flow and a little more volume for growth stimulus.

I hit 2 exercises on back this time because we skipped the back exercise with Jim. He wasn't working it and we had been there a while when we finished up I didn't have time to get it in. Next week it will go back to separate days but will bump to 4 work sets a piece.

Having Chinese tonight. I have some extra calories and that is what Jo wants. So I ordered shredded chicken and thai pepper cilantro chicken which comes in a very light white sauce and some white rice of course. So about the leanest thing they have there outside of just getting basic steamed chicken and veggies, and well. Not interested in that! With the additional salt and carbs I imagine I will be looking pretty full tomorrow.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know a good coach can go a long ways in a prep., but with the knowledge you already have, and the knowledge here in A/A, I believe you would be pretty well covered with nutrition and training. Adding 3 to 4 IU of Growth sure would add a good little boost to bring it all together for a well rounded prep cycle.💪

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know a really good prep coach that I met in Austin while I lived there. He has clients in Houston and a lot of solid competitors that I personally know work with him and say nothing but great things.

I was actually thinking about asking you if you were looking for one when we trained.

If you want, I can reach out to him during my next gas stop and see if he has availability and get his contact info to you if he does. Just let me know.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know a good coach can go a long ways in a prep., but with the knowledge you already have, and the knowledge here in A/A, I believe you would be pretty well covered with nutrition and training. Adding 3 to 4 IU of Growth sure would add a good little boost to bring it all together for a well rounded prep cycle.💪
Yeah, I think between all of us we could bring in a good package but if someone is actually skilled on peak week and can work with me through most of the year I think it helps them bring me in tight and ridiculous

I know a really good prep coach that I met in Austin while I lived there. He has clients in Houston and a lot of solid competitors that I personally know work with him and say nothing but great things.

I was actually thinking about asking you if you were looking for one when we trained.

If you want, I can reach out to him during my next gas stop and see if he has availability and get his contact info to you if he does. Just let me know.
Just messaged you about this. :) By the way Jim, the other guy I was talking about is Montana.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yeah, I think between all of us we could bring in a good package but if someone is actually skilled on peak week and can work with me through most of the year I think it helps them bring me in tight and ridiculous

Just messaged you about this. :) By the way Jim, the other guy I was talking about is Montana.
Every good coach seems to agree that if you get in shape then peak week is the same as any other week for the most part. I know you need a skilled eye to carb up and stay sharp but I'd be weary of coaches who have secret peek week stuff 😉

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Add a ri to Montana and that's my last name, I'm hired! Lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I really can't go over 200 a month so if anyone knows a good coach around that price let me know some names. If I don't find anyone in that price range I can really believe in I will just do everything but the prep myself and put the 200 a month toward GH. Either way is a win.
I have no idea what the various coaching options cost via Layne's program but i believe he has multiple coaches now. My assumption would be that 1:1 with Layne would cost the most but that some of the other coaches may be more affordable depending on what you want. Considering his success as a natty with pro victories, PL records, etc I'd think he has a good resume for the job.

either way it looks like there is a consultation option etc:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I have no idea what the various coaching options cost via Layne's program but i believe he has multiple coaches now. My assumption would be that 1:1 with Layne would cost the most but that some of the other coaches may be more affordable depending on what you want. Considering his success as a natty with pro victories, PL records, etc I'd think he has a good resume for the job.

either way it looks like there is a consultation option etc:

I wouldn't hire a natty guy to train an enhanced client. There's too many drug variables that they couldn't possibly understand if they really are natural and have never used any of these things.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way I wasn't posting skip hill info as a replacement. I was just looking for links to coaches and you posted the same time as me. I don't know if skip is a good fit or not. Just that he specializes in the over 40 crowd. Same with Paul Barnett. No clue how expensive they are. I've heard if you don't mind a coaching team then trained by jp isint necessarily being trained by Jordan. But rather a little by Jordan and mostly by Jordan's approved trainers. Seems like ppl are typically happy with them

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been reading Skip’s articles on EFS for like 12 years now. He always cracks me up on Blood, Sweat, & Gear. He uses big doses for himself; I know he doesn’t with his clients really unless that’s what they know works best for them. Swanson used him for diet coaching a lot and Skip made him cut his gear down he said. Something like a bit of test/NPP/Var under a gram total (people forget about their orals, but 50 Var per day is still 350mg/wk).

Hope Monte is doing well!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't hire a natty guy to train an enhanced client. There's too many drug variables that they couldn't possibly understand if they really are natural and have never used any of these things.
that crossed my mind too, although I don't know about the rest of the coaches.
ironically when I was at 8% considering getting on stage I talked to some local coaches and they warned me straight up that even with my conditioning where it was, I wasn't going to stand a chance at our local shows being natty 😅
that was before they saw what I looked like, then they said yeah you are definitely well conditioned but it's going to be an up hill battle for a natty guy

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Every good coach seems to agree that if you get in shape then peak week is the same as any other week for the most part. I know you need a skilled eye to carb up and stay sharp but I'd be weary of coaches who have secret peek week stuff 😉
True, and i know I can get myself super lean but whether I can do it without over dieting, or getting good results peak week are up in the air.

I went and looked at the coach that @jimbuick referred me to and I am going to go ahead and sign up for the first 3 month block to see how I like him. If all things go well it is $200 a month after that and that includes peak week, so no budget surprises at the end. Yes, I do wish I would have a little extra left over for GH, but I think having a good bobybuilding coach drive this bus in from a year out is probably going to be more important overall than the amount of GH I can afford to take. This guy has several competitors and they all seem to do pretty well. Looking at his athletes, everyone shows up in condition. So I am getting excited about working with him. Looking at what he has done with himself alone is unreal. However his clients look great too. Lot's of W's in his stable!

It's crazy when you are about to pull the trigger on something like this and get that little bit of anxiousness creep in. What if I don't like it or we don't gel well. Yada yada yada, but I think this is going to be a good thing. Sucks knowing I won't be able to run any GH but I think I will be okay with that knowing I most likely made the better decision with this.

=================================================================================

I tried a sugar free candy last night to see if it was worthwhile. It was okay but I noticed I started bloating up within an hour of eating them. They had 14g of fiber and some other carb source and well they just did not agree with me. So today, I woke up bloated and having regular bathroom breaks. Tasted decent but was not worth the stomach distress or water weight.

That being said, I looked like a hoss at the gym this morning with the additional water. I have been dried out for so long.

=============================================================================

10/23/23 - Morning Weight 202.3 - Got major bloating from the sugar free candy I tried.

Chest and Shoulders - Tempo 4-2-1-1 on Compounds, DB Swings were "Riding the tension"

Arsenal Flat chest press - 45*15, 14, 8 -
I backed up on weight here, pec was tight

Arsenal Pec Fly 80*1-0RIR x 3 SETS @ 10-20 reps

DB Lateral Swings - 20, 20 half set, 15, 15, 15
- Just repped these out until reps started being unproductive.

DB Rear Delt Swing 10, 15, 15, 15 - Just repped these out until reps started being unproductive.

Shoulder Press 110*13, 11, 8 - This old machine really hit the spot for some anterior delt work.

I was looking huge for today in the gym. The pump was off the chain, shoulders and chest looking inflated!

Well, it looks like I missed a bunch of posts discussing possible coaches, but as mentioned above, I decided to give Patrick Davis @TheIllestPD on instagram a try. He has tons of competing clients and has a lot of good referrals and wins in his stable of athletes. So setting up that coaching with him today. Here come the first 3 months where I will be gaining and I think this will be one of the most important parts. Otherwise I will panic and pull the plug on gains if I get in my head I am getting too soft. So having a steady unbiased set of eyes is going to be good.
==============================================================================

I just got off the phone with him and he is sending me his intake form. He sounds really cool and intelligent. I think I am going to like working with him based off of his personality and our discussion. It sounds like we may end up continuing to cut down farther and do are bound out of the shred. I am going to be leaning on him for these decisions. About to fill this form out and get him some pics so we can get going.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True, and i know I can get myself super lean but whether I can do it without over dieting, or getting good results peak week are up in the air.

I went and looked at the coach that @jimbuick referred me to and I am going to go ahead and sign up for the first 3 month block to see how I like him. If all things go well it is $200 a month after that and that includes peak week, so no budget surprises at the end. Yes, I do wish I would have a little extra left over for GH, but I think having a good bobybuilding coach drive this bus in from a year out is probably going to be more important overall than the amount of GH I can afford to take. This guy has several competitors and they all seem to do pretty well. Looking at his athletes, everyone shows up in condition. So I am getting excited about working with him. Looking at what he has done with himself alone is unreal. However his clients look great too. Lot's of W's in his stable!

It's crazy when you are about to pull the trigger on something like this and get that little bit of anxiousness creep in. What if I don't like it or we don't gel well. Yada yada yada, but I think this is going to be a good thing. Sucks knowing I won't be able to run any GH but I think I will be okay with that knowing I most likely made the better decision with this.

=================================================================================

I tried a sugar free candy last night to see if it was worthwhile. It was okay but I noticed I started bloating up within an hour of eating them. They had 14g of fiber and some other carb source and well they just did not agree with me. So today, I woke up bloated and having regular bathroom breaks. Tasted decent but was not worth the stomach distress or water weight.

That being said, I looked like a hoss at the gym this morning with the additional water. I have been dried out for so long.

View attachment 237121

=============================================================================

10/23/23 - Morning Weight 202.3 - Got major bloating from the sugar free candy I tried.

Chest and Shoulders - Tempo 4-2-1-1 on Compounds, DB Swings were "Riding the tension"

Arsenal Flat chest press - 45*15, 14, 8 -
I backed up on weight here, pec was tight

Arsenal Pec Fly 80*1-0RIR x 3 SETS @ 10-20 reps

DB Lateral Swings - 20, 20 half set, 15, 15, 15
- Just repped these out until reps started being unproductive.

DB Rear Delt Swing 10, 15, 15, 15 - Just repped these out until reps started being unproductive.

Shoulder Press 110*13, 11, 8 - This old machine really hit the spot for some anterior delt work.

I was looking huge for today in the gym. The pump was off the chain, shoulders and chest looking inflated!

Well, it looks like I missed a bunch of posts discussing possible coaches, but as mentioned above, I decided to give Patrick Davis @TheIllestPD on instagram a try. He has tons of competing clients and has a lot of good referrals and wins in his stable of athletes. So setting up that coaching with him today. Here come the first 3 months where I will be gaining and I think this will be one of the most important parts. Otherwise I will panic and pull the plug on gains if I get in my head I am getting too soft. So having a steady unbiased set of eyes is going to be good.
==============================================================================

I just got off the phone with him and he is sending me his intake form. He sounds really cool and intelligent. I think I am going to like working with him based off of his personality and our discussion. It sounds like we may end up continuing to cut down farther and do are bound out of the shred. I am going to be leaning on him for these decisions. About to fill this form out and get him some pics so we can get going.
Hopefully he’ll be a good coach for you. Definitely makes sense, choosing the coach over GH. With the amount of time you’ve given yourself he should be able to help you dial everything in with nutrition, training, and anabolics. Especially with where you’re starting at, and you should be able to tell in that first 3 months if he is a good fit with your goals.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hopefully he’ll be a good coach for you. Definitely makes sense, choosing the coach over GH. With the amount of time you’ve given yourself he should be able to help you dial everything in with nutrition, training, and anabolics. Especially with where you’re starting at, and you should be able to tell in that first 3 months if he is a good fit with your goals.
When I mentioned that I had been dieting and was somewhere around 12% he asked how well I rebounded from a deep cut. I told him unfortunately I did not know but he said we may just lean into the cut some more to get me to a nasty place to rebound from and maybe I can put on 20-40lbs with 5-7% gains from there. So I may be dieting very strictly for another couple of months. We shall see, but I am going to give him as much info about me as I can and then let him drive this train.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I mentioned that I had been dieting and was somewhere around 12% he asked how well I rebounded from a deep cut. I told him unfortunately I did not know but he said we may just lean into the cut some more to get me to a nasty place to rebound from and maybe I can put on 20-40lbs with 5-7% gains from there. So I may be dieting very strictly for another couple of months. We shall see, but I am going to give him as much info about me as I can and then let him drive this train.
That does make sense with the amount of time you have…..even though you’re primed now for a bulk, cutting down to 10% or under would make a good clean bulk go even better, especially with Test and Mast on board. 💪
I’m really interested to see what he comes up with.😎

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That does make sense with the amount of time you have…..even though you’re primed now for a bulk, cutting down to 10% or under would make a good clean bulk go even better, especially with Test and Mast on board. 💪
I’m really interested to see what he comes up with.😎
Yeah me too, I am curious how low we will go. I just sent him my questionnaire with plenty of pictures for him to decide what body parts really need to come up. I told him some of my training things but told him, look outside of my preferences I want you to give me the training you think will work best for me in my situation. I don't care if it is completely different than what I have been doing so long as it is an intelligent approach and can be executed with a decent amount of safety for my areas of concern. So I have no clue what I will be getting back.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah, only couple of the gym shots came out decently they are all washed out. I was standing too directly under the lights. Here are a couple shots of me this morning at 202.1 before doing any exercise. Loose skin is doing a little better, psuedo-gyno and gyno on the way down for sure. The erectors are looking sick in that RDB shot, almost like some abs on my midback. Rear delts are looking juicy too.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@MrKleen73 Going into the log b4 this what kind of shape were you in? Just your pics from Sept 30 til now u have noticeable improvements. Keep doing legs and your quads r gonna swallow your knees!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@MrKleen73 Going into the log b4 this what kind of shape were you in? Just your pics from Sept 30 til now u have noticeable improvements. Keep doing legs and your quads r gonna swallow your knees!
I have been slowly and gradually leaning out while regrowing muscle throughout the year. My heaviest recent weight was in December of last year at 232lbs and around 30%BF if I were to guess. It has been a gradual loss of dropping some regaining some muscle, dropping some, gradually over the course of the year. I was 220 in mid march and started turning up the fat loss a bit more then, but the focus was never truly a cut until about 2 months ago for about 6 weeks. The rest was more like a recomp / slow cut. Now, I am somewhere between 12-15% IMHO, and I am pretty sure my coach is going to have me get down into the single digits before we start pushing things back up.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was 225 at 35ish% 5’6” w an upwind. Wasn’t a good look. Had to hold my breath to tie my work boots. Lmao. You are giving me hope. Were you “enhanced” the entire time? Were u lifting when u were at your heaviest?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking good. You probably need to be leaned back that far for the judges below you, but on the rear lat spread it’s tough to see the back as well with you leaned quite so far back from this head on viewing. The rear double bi shows it all off nicely though like you said.

Making admiral progress!