MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you have to go keto and pull the salt, you will strip 10lbs of water just like that. Don’t sweat; as long as you are tough enough to walk the path the weight cut is already in the bag.

All of the challenge lies in your coach getting you filled but not spilled after that, which is exactly what you pay him for - his past experience landing people for contest.
All great points, I am doing my best to stay out of my own head, but as you said the weight cut can happen regardless, and I am not likely to lose muscle during that time either so it should work out pretty well. I am not sure if we will see any more refeed meals before then, or not. So things should be interesting coming up on the show in 6 weeks. I am definitely excited for the next phase in this transformation, going from lean to ripped is going to make a huge visual difference.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
7/2/24 - Fasted Weight 199.4 - The scale is just stuck here right now. We did add an oral last week, and low dose tren this week so it could have something to do with those additions but it sure would make me feel a little better to see the weight come off of this plateau.

We dropped another 60 calories this week, increased fat, and cut carbs back a bit.
My new macros are:
100g carbs
262g protein
53g fats

I have been doing my best with cardio but my lower back seems to get in the way of getting really intense cardio going on. At least 2 of my last 4 sessions I have had to change the cardio equipment as I went along to keep my back safe when it started getting aggravated. Yesterday I tried something new and put the treadmill on the random setting at the top level and it helped a bit with the constant change of the angle I was walking on. I did have a hard time keeping my heartrate elevated where I needed it with that setting but it was much more comfortable. So going to try the hill setting tonight, put it on interval, and set it up so my low incline period is still pretty high, and the high incline period is pretty much capped out at the top. I think this will help me get my heart rate up. Also coach told me he always has a problem getting his heart rate up the deeper he is into prep because his heart is just getting in such good shape that it takes a lot more effort to get there and as long as I feel like I am pushing myself I should be good.

Other than the weight sticking at 199.4, I do feel like I am making progress, because I seem to look tighter every couple of days even if the weight doesn't drop. However this is the most days in a row my weight has been consistently the same in a very long time. Normally some fluctuation. Kind of crazy to step on the scale and see 199.4 for basically a whole week straight.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trust the process. It’s not about getting lighter; it’s about getting leaner. If you think 100mg of Tren isn’t going to add/hold fullness, you would be mistaken!!!

The weight can be shed temporarily when it’s time. If I can get 12+lbs off my wife without a sauna in one day, I promise we can get it off you!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Macros perfectly dialed in at 199.4

I can’t get over those quads man, looking sick!
Thanks!
in completely unrelated news, "The Sign" by Ace of Base was the No song in 1994. I wouldn't look up the rest of the top 40, it's pretty disappointing lol
LMAO! now i can hear that damn song in my head! Thanks Bud! :p
Trust the process. It’s not about getting lighter; it’s about getting leaner. If you think 100mg of Tren isn’t going to add/hold fullness, you would be mistaken!!!

The weight can be shed temporarily when it’s time. If I can get 12+lbs off my wife without a sauna in one day, I promise we can get it off you!
Yeah, I definitely expect tren to do some pulling in nutrients and intramuscular water. I am just not sure it would do it in one day off of 30mg then again I really don't have much experience with it. Being that it started yesterday I wasn't giving it too much credit. More surprised that it seems like I am seeing something off of the Proviron as far as filling out a little that I wasn't really expecting from what I had read on it, it was not very anabolic. Then again an additional 350mg of gear added last week with it kind of makes sense.

I could tell last night that the tren was doing a little something. I looked at some woman that was cute but not hot by any means, and had that momentary thought of I would tear that shiz up right now! Then I laughed at myself because I was like calm down buddy, she ain't all that. LMAO.

Also today I am really feeling the 67gram carb drop. All that is left on carbs is some greens, almond butter and avacados other than a preworkout meal including 140g of cooked rice. I did a triple espresso about 45 minute prior to cardio, and of course my yohimbine, and LCLT. Cardio was gloriously hard. The RPM was dropping a lot toward the end but I mustered and got through it. I got back here and had to come back up some stairs shortly after cardio, and my legs were so exhausted I was holding on to the hand rail and kind of pulling myself up with every step to conserve leg energy. I didn't feel like I was going to make it up the steps.
I have a leg session today after I get home and do some posing with my posing coach. It is going to be kind of a running on fumes and preworkout stimulants type of workout. I imagine after a few more days of 100g carbs with a lot of it being fiber that I will adjust and start having some ketones available for supplying energy, but I expect it will be a few days out. I am just going to embrace the suck until the adjustment is over. Nothing else I can do.

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It is going to be kind of a running on fumes and preworkout stimulants type of workout. I imagine after a few more days of 100g carbs with a lot of it being fiber that I will adjust and start having some ketones available for supplying energy, but I expect it will be a few days out. I am just going to embrace the suck until the adjustment is over. Nothing else I can do.
honestly though, the grit is awesome 🤘💪

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
honestly though, the grit is awesome 🤘💪
Yeah, honestly, the harder things get, the harder I try. I knew this would be a blissfully miserable endeavor and chose the hard path. So I will enjoy the challenge as much as possible, and then truly enjoy the results of all the hard work culminating at the show in my best form ever.

I just finished posing and coach said I was doing well, some of the shots with how they have been changed and updated have become pretty damn impressive. The difference in how big my chest looks, and core definition is pretty unreal. He said if I can nail down the changes we have made before this Sunday he will start working with me on transitions and the like this Sunday. That is where the stage presence will come in.

About to eat my preworkout meal, then head to the gym around 6:00-6:30. I wanted to save my carbs until after posing so they would be available for my leg session. Interestingly enough, even though I am running on fumes, I look pretty full in these pics, so I am definitely holding some water and nutrients in the right places.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, honestly, the harder things get, the harder I try. I knew this would be a blissfully miserable endeavor and chose the hard path. So I will enjoy the challenge as much as possible, and then truly enjoy the results of all the hard work culminating at the show in my best form ever.

I just finished posing and coach said I was doing well, some of the shots with how they have been changed and updated have become pretty damn impressive. The difference in how big my chest looks, and core definition is pretty unreal. He said if I can nail down the changes we have made before this Sunday he will start working with me on transitions and the like this Sunday. That is where the stage presence will come in.

About to eat my preworkout meal, then head to the gym around 6:00-6:30. I wanted to save my carbs until after posing so they would be available for my leg session. Interestingly enough, even though I am running on fumes, I look pretty full in these pics, so I am definitely holding some water and nutrients in the right places.
Nothing wrong w rising to the occasion. Nice to “level up” and surprise yourself. Keep em coming

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Likes already been said your quads are looking sick and shredded, and you still are holding some good size even while cutting. Actually in those last pictures your arms look bigger. Knowing you’re in my age group makes it even more impressive because it truly is a tough uphill battle in our 50s to try and obtain our former glory, but it sounds like you will pass what you you obtained as a younger bodybuilder. That’s going to make winning 🥇🏆 even more satisfying.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dude you look amazing. Between October and now, gains are incredible and even while you’ve been cutting for a fair portion of that time! Not to mention injuries!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nothing wrong w rising to the occasion. Nice to “level up” and surprise yourself. Keep em coming
Agreed, I am damn sure doing my best to keep it all together!
Likes already been said your quads are looking sick and shredded, and you still are holding some good size even while cutting. Actually in those last pictures your arms look bigger. Knowing you’re in my age group makes it even more impressive because it truly is a tough uphill battle in our 50s to try and obtain our former glory, but it sounds like you will pass what you you obtained as a younger bodybuilder. That’s going to make winning 🥇🏆 even more satisfying.
Thank you Sir, and yes This will be the most developed I have been at this level of leanness. I may have been a little bigger once upon a time but never cut all the way bac down and wasn't truly bodybuilding at that point. No real arm or medial delt focus then.
Dude you look amazing. Between October and now, gains are incredible and even while you’ve been cutting for a fair portion of that time! Not to mention injuries!
Thank you Sir, giving it some hell!

Good News, the scale finally moved!!! I was 208.6 this morning, and was honestly a little full of crap. I have gone 3 times today, so I may even be lower tomorrow. As mentioned posing is definitely getting better. I am going to go do a posing session after I get home and have my first starches for the day. Then follow that up with the 45 minute cardio session, and then the second starchy meal I get. Don't get too excited for me with calling them starchy, they are both under 40g servings of carbs. The rest are just incidentals from almond butter, and avocados which are mostly fiber.

Here is another training dump from the last week / week and a half.

Arms - Friday, Jun 28, 2024 at 8:15pm

SA Triceps Rope Extension
Set 1: 40 lbs x 20 @ 6 rpe
Set 2: 50 lbs x 15 @ 7 rpe
Set 3: 70 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe [Failure]
Set 4: 50 lbs x 14 @ 9.5 rpe

Triceps Kickback (Dumbbell)
"Had to rest pause set 2 a 8 reps"
Set 1: 25 lbs x 12 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 2: 20 lbs x 12 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 20 lbs x 12 @ 10 rpe [Failure]

Ez at Overhead Triceps Extensions
Set 1: 55 lbs x 11 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 45 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe

Diamond Push Up
Set 1: 15 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 5 reps

Single Arm Preacher Curl
Set 1: 35 lbs x 10 @ 8.5 rpe
Set 2: 35 lbs x 7 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 30 lbs x 7 @ 10 rpe

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
Set 1: 40 lbs x 10 @ 9 rpe
Set 2: 40 lbs x 10 @ 9.5 rpe
Set 3: 40 lbs x 10 @ 10 rpe

=================================================================

Back & Hamstrings (- Saturday, Jun 29, 2024 at 8:16pm

Glute Ham Raise
Set 1: 8 reps
Set 2: 10 reps
Set 3: 9 reps
Set 4: 6 reps

Arsenal Power Squat Good Mornings
Set 1: 375 lbs x 18 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 375 lbs x 13 @ 8.5 rpe

I did do some other back stuff here but I didn't log it, it was only pump work.

=====================================================================

Sunday - Shoulders and Triceps

This was a great little session, but I was busy assisting my buddy with his form and what not and did not log things because I was using almost all different exercises than usual. Nice high volume session with a great intensity level.

====================================================================

Chest & Biceps - Monday, Jul 01, 2024 at 1:46pm

Incline Bench Press (Smith Machine)
Set 1: 185 lbs x 12 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 185 lbs x 11 @ 10 rpe
Set 3: 185 lbs x 1 @ 7.5 rpe
Set 4: 185 lbs x 8 @ 9 rpe [Drop]
Set 5: 185 lbs x 3 @ 10 rpe [Drop]

Bench Press (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 55 lbs x 10 @ 8 rpe
Set 2: 55 lbs x 9 @ 9 rpe
Set 3: 55 lbs x 9 @ 10 rpe