Citrulline + pycnogenol , erections and breathing

Wagner83

Awards
So I tried pycnogenol (100 mg) along with l-citrulline (nutrabio!) , after some time I had great erections, very full etc.. The same happened when I combined l-citrulline and lots of aragula (nitrates, peakT has good info on this) . However these no boosters (pycnogenol should also help with vein health, win-win) make my breathing way worse, chest feels heavy/congested and I sometimes cough etc.. It sounds like worsened asthma and allergies. However I have found no explanation for this, and have not find anyone reporting the same effects even though citrulline and arginine are said to worsen asthma and breathing for some.
Has anyone any undersanding of the connection between these and is there a way around it?
Area1255x, The Matrix, Danes

In any case the l-citrulline pycnogenol combination is worth a try for erections! So is aragula (delicious) .

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I tried pycnogenol (100 mg) along with l-citrulline (nutrabio!) , after some time I had great erections, very full etc.. The same happened when I combined l-citrulline and lots of aragula (nitrates, peakT has good info on this) . However these no boosters (pycnogenol should also help with vein health, win-win) make my breathing way worse, chest feels heavy/congested and I sometimes cough etc.. It sounds like worsened asthma and allergies. However I have found no explanation for this, and have not find anyone reporting the same effects even though citrulline and arginine are said to worsen asthma and breathing for some.
Has anyone any undersanding of the connection between these and is there a way around it?

In any case the l-citrulline pycnogenol combination is worth a try for erections! So is aragula (delicious) .
Since pycnogenol contain 65-75% Procyanidin, procyanidin would boost N.O and give better blood flow and suffering from ED. Even reducing asthma.

Good info :

https://https://examine.com/supplements/pycnogenol/.com/supplements/pycnogenol/

Wagner83

Awards
I know and the combination of pycnogenol for veins and NOS with l-citrulline (more direct effect on NO) should be excellent for erections, and it was . Pycnogenol is said to have very mild anti asthma effects but I can't say anything else other than I noticed the exact opposite. Very unfortunate, citrulline and arginine are said to possibly heighten allergies and asthma, so it's possible the citrulline (and aragula) on its own created problems, I'll have to try pycnogenol on its own.
Pycnogenol appears to have great effects on joint health, the pycnogenol + citrulline combo could be good for bodybuilders for many reasons!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know and the combination of pycnogenol for veins and NOS with l-citrulline (more direct effect on NO) should be excellent for erections, and it was . Pycnogenol is said to have very mild anti asthma effects but I can't say anything else other than I noticed the exact opposite. Very unfortunate, citrulline and arginine are said to possibly heighten allergies and asthma, so it's possible the citrulline (and aragula) on its own created problems, I'll have to try pycnogenol on its own.
Pycnogenol appears to have great effects on joint health, the pycnogenol + citrulline combo could be good for bodybuilders for many reasons!
I mean those ingredients gives Better bloodflow/increased N.O . It is definitely good for erection. It is "simple"

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just started Pine Bark Extract and L-Citrulline. Any reason I shoild be using Pycnogenol? Seems to pricy for name brand.

How long till anyone saw effects from this combo?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you know what your blood pressure is? Take it next time you use these ingredients and report back. Blood pressure can be connected to dyspnea but that is rare and usually secondary.

Wagner83

Awards
Are you sure it worsened your Asthma, it's possible that they just lowered your blood pressure so you felt more congested. When your BP drops simultaneously with Adrenaline, then the mucous membranes and airways are less clear, sinuses tend to get clogged when BP is lower, hence why we use Sudafed and other sympatho-activators for clearing up cough/mucus and sinus congestion.
That's interesting, I do have a problem with mucus, I actually suspect it's one of the main reasons behind my breathing troubles while exercising, although I do have plenty of allergies. Wheezing is very rare. I've had my share of bronchitis and sinusitis , there was a particular time when whenever I played soccer (=real football) I would start coughing almost to the point of puking (didn't actually expell the goods), pollution was high .

Any idea on how to help produce less mucus ? I know a few herbs are said to help expel it.

Pycnogenol effects on asthma seem to be related to leukotriene, montelukast did nothing for me. Even salbutamol taken before exercising hardly ever do anything, they say mucus could actually prevent the medication from being effective, so maybe that's an other clue. I stay away from corticosteroids and benefited greatly from HGW when it came to breathing.

Just started Pine Bark Extract and L-Citrulline. Any reason I shoild be using Pycnogenol? Seems to pricy for name brand.

Random Pine bark from China extracted with suspicious methods is different yes, the brand is expensive but you know what you're getting and it's one of the most studied (albeit studies are funded) supplements. I would also take the l-citrulline from nutrabio to get quality and a good serving size.
Healthyorigins and swanson on sales is better for price. I'd give it a couple of months but imo you should see results quicker. Don't underestimate aragula and beets .

Do you know what your blood pressure is? Take it next time you use these ingredients and report back. Blood pressure can be connected to dyspnea but that is rare and usually secondary.
Ok I definitely need to do that, I know that the few times I checked it it was highish the first time and normal the second, that was a couple years ago or so .. Dysnpea sounds like what I experienced.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I definitely need to do that, I know that the few times I checked it it was highish the first time and normal the second, that was a couple years ago or so .. Dysnpea sounds like what I experienced.
It should be low if anything. Let us know what your results are.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What other medications are you taking for asthma right now? How often do you use your rescue inhalers?

Wagner83

Awards
What other medications are you taking for asthma right now? How often do you use your rescue inhalers?

None I stay away from symbicort and the likes, montelukast was useless and I hardly ever use an inhaler. HGW was great.

Depends on the reason for congestion. If your sympathetic nervous system activity is too low, then you would want to get more L-Tyrosine and Vitamin C in your diet, or supplement with both of them to boost noradrenaline levels. If your blood pressure is low for a different reason, then you need to figure out what that is. Best bet is to drink more water, eat more fat, salt, and get a decent amount of carbs but emphasizing protein in a 4:1 ratio with the carbs.

Blood pressure can be low for those reasons mainly, it's usually one of these four reasons.

-Dehydration
-Low Fat Intake
-Low Sodium Intake
-Medications. (this one you have to either reduce the dose, or switch meds, or add a sup or something that will bring it up to normal levels)

Those four, because they influence blood pressure, then can influence sinus and congestion etc. Therefore, it's prudent to get to the bottom of that and make sure that is what it is by getting your blood pressure checked fairly regularly. You should also look into alternatives to albuterol, using it excessively leads to low blood potassium and downregulation (decrease) of beta-adrenergic receptors.
Those points you lsited are covered (bananas, kiwis etc..). I think the lowered blood pressure (if it did happen) was mostly from the citrulline+pycnogenol+maybe TA, yet I often have blurred vision if I stand up quick from a crouching/lying position (orthostatic hypotension?).

Citrulline and aragula in highish quantities produced similar results , people should experiment more with aragula imo.

Wouldn't yohimbine/yohimbe be an ideal addition to the stack? Hard to get in some places though...

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I liked that combination, worked well

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loving the info on asthma, I have been in symbicort for years

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established
None I stay away from symbicort and the likes, motelukast was useless and I hardly ever use an inhaler. HGW was great.
It is interesting that the leukotriene antagonist didn't do anything for you- but to be honest I have only really seen reliable therapeutic benefit in children with these. If it is an inconveniencing problem (especially so with exercise) it would be worthwhile trying inhaled nedocromil. There does appear to be a reciprocal relationship with endothelial NO production and bronchial constriction, however this does seem to only pertain to immune-mediated NO production- so it is unclear whether supplemental L-citrulline would have any implication.

Wagner83

Awards
Thanks interesting stuff I'll check what nedocromil is about, as for NO and broncho constriction I can only report what I experienced. MID did you have a look at hgw for asthma? Check my thread on icariin 60% extract!

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks interesting stuff I'll check what nedocromil is about, as for NO and broncho constriction I can only report what I experienced. MID did you have a look at hgw for asthma? Check my thread on icariin 60% extract!
Whats the link to your thread?

I havent found any study on Horny Goat weed for asthma

Wagner83

Awards
anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/285351-summary-experiences-world.html

Wagner83

Awards
Pycnogenol does not seem to boost NO but rather regulates it (read carefully examine . com page on it, it is suggested over there too), I tested it on its own and it's fine (helps with vein health : varicocele, veins on the back of hands etc... which is opposite to what a boost in NO/estrogens would do).

By the way someone stated he analyzed the ecklonia cava from ford speranza (supposed to be purest and best), and he said it's not ecklonia cava but rather pine bark extract : longecity.org/forum/topic/48202-ecklonia-cava-ece-for-ed-source-please/?view=findpost&p=796891
You can read the following posts and make up your mind on this potential issue.

My breathing and asthma have improved a lot recently:
dairy (quality cheese and some goat milk)
enough proteins (not tons of it)
plenty of carbs (rice, potatoes, white bread, fruit juices)
low PUFA intake (no salmon and the rest).

Those were essential, long gone are the days of undereating and intermittent fasting!

scagman

Awards

I had a similar situation with citrulline 1500 mg and pycnogenol 100 mg daily. Reduced the pycnogenol to 80mg and had breathing improvement. Went down to 50 mg and even better improvement of breathing and coughing, so stopped pycnogenol altogether and all issues gone. Still get firm erections with the citrulline which, by the way, works better for ED in lower doses. 1500-1700 mg dailey. Hope this helps.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

You dont need to breathe when you have huge erections.