L-Citrulline vs. Citrulline Malate and Dose

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone compared these 2 and seen a big difference? For several years, I used cit Malate at 9g pre-workout which really prevented soreness and let me get a few extra reps on everything. Does L-Citrulline compare, particularly in the soreness category, and what dose do you use?

Thanks.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
L-Cit is just a better form of a Cit Malate which needs acid for better absorption.

When L-Cit was first introduced and came on the scene i remember reading studies where you would need half a dose of Cit Malate ( to compare )

So around 4-5G of L-Citrulline VS 8-10G of Cit Malate.

panico.pt

Awards
Has anyone compared these 2 and seen a big difference? For several years, I used cit Malate at 9g pre-workout which really prevented soreness and let me get a few extra reps on everything. Does L-Citrulline compare, particularly in the soreness category, and what dose do you use?

Thanks.
Well, citrulline malate has a ratio of 2 to 1, so 3 grams of citrulline malate contains 2 grams of citrulline. If they were still linked and were citrulline malate molecules yes you would have a better absorption, but no. In my opinion I avoid citrulline malate and use citrulline and I don't see any reason to buy malic acid when I want citrulline. I typically use 6 to 10 grams pre-workout, which would give 9 to 15 grams of citrulline malate.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well, citrulline malate has a ratio of 2 to 1, so 3 grams of citrulline malate contains 2 grams of citrulline. If they were still linked and were citrulline malate molecules yes you would have a better absorption, but no. In my opinion I avoid citrulline malate and use citrulline and I don't see any reason to buy malic acid when I want citrulline. I typically use 6 to 10 grams pre-workout, which would give 9 to 15 grams of citrulline malate.
What specifically do you notice from citrulline, other then better pump?

B1LL1ST1C

Awards
I used to take citrulline malate back in the day. I switched to using pure citrulline once I learned that nobody was selling true bonded citrulline malate. I’ve been consistently using 10g preworkout for a while now. I notice better pumps than the malate version and an awesome boost in anaerobic endurance. I once thought that the malic acid attributed to some of the endurance boost, but higher doses of pure citrulline are definitely more effective for me personally.

Also adding in epicatechin recently has taken both the pumps and endurance a notch higher.

panico.pt

Awards
What specifically do you notice from citrulline, other then better pump?
[/CITAR]

Well, my point in using citrulline isn't even the pump, because I think, for example, Arginine AKG gives me an almost equal pump. I take citrulline for resistance in bodybuilding, like I finished the training but I was able to continue and I also notice that the interval between sets is shorter, I'm ready and willing to go faster to the next set. and I also feel some effect, I don't know how to say it, like stimulated without stimulants. In fact, I think all the studies were done with citrulline without malate.