Cissus quadrangularis

Ceosm, would cissus help / speed the healing process with muscle related/scar tissue injuries. I am having ART physical therapy (active release therapy) done right now, and thought this would be a good addition, but am not sure as to what dose I would need...

And to update from before, I gotta a little derailed from my camp, but plan on trying CISSUS as a standalone. I am dieting down right now for a shoot in June, and also want to be sure that even at high dosages, it will not mess with the HPTA and/or water retention.
HPTA supression and water retention would not be an issue....And I will not make you an cuter either.lol

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
The_Tom-were you taking camphibolic or CissusRx? What dosages were you running?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Where is your cissus harvested?

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
I may have missed this, but how many capsules are in a bottle of the Cissus RX

Edit: I found it, 180 per bottle.

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
I am currently taking 6 caps a day of Cissus RX, 3 around 10am, and another 3 around 3pm.

dmilhouse

Awards
I'm new to Cissus. Does this need to be cycled for any reason? Is it true it is very anabolic yet causes no HPTA suppression (therefore no need for a pct or anything like that)? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm just learning about this stuff and is sounds quite intriguing.

MH

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm new to Cissus. Does this need to be cycled for any reason? Is it true it is very anabolic yet causes no HPTA suppression (therefore no need for a pct or anything like that)? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm just learning about this stuff and is sounds quite intriguing.

MH
Bump :)

I ordered some and have it on the way, would like to know about if it needs to be cycled or anything. :)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
USP, my mom just injured a tendon in her knee - would Cissus help her, and is it safe for females...?

Absolutely safe for females. We are looking into avenues to market cissus to the osteo related illness which is predominant in females.

ceosm

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely safe for females. We are looking into avenues to market cissus to the osteo related illness which is predominant in females.

ceosm
what about Fibromyalgia?

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i'm on day 3 of cissus @ 5g/day. first impressions? a distinct analgesic effect - there is a numbness or lack of sensation where there is normally at least some inkling of pressure in joints. placebo? maybe. if my shoulder shapes up (it's off-and-on), then i can rule placebo out. as for anabolic effect? we'll see...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I'm on about day 4 of 3 grams/ed of cissus and have noticed about the same thing SAME-OLD. I'd up the dose but I need to conserve it.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm on about day 4 of 3 grams/ed of cissus and have noticed about the same thing SAME-OLD. I'd up the dose but I need to conserve it.
interesting....and indeed, it would be hard to dose the USPLabs product that high in a cost-effective manner

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
seeing that I am dieting down pretty hard right now, the first and most extreme thing I have seen is my appetite go through the f'in roof:frustrate

I will say that the cissus + omega flex support + ACTIVE RELEASE THERAPY = :thumbsup: on old injuries and severe joint pain (first pain free close grip bench in 3 years after a month of ART)

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I know this an old thread but i was researching Cissus and found it.

How is everyone's progress and current thoughts on Cissus?

Jag

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I know this an old thread but i was researching Cissus and found it.

How is everyone's progress and current thoughts on Cissus?

Jag
Staple for me at this point. Multivit, fish oil, cissus, celedrin.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My first time trying Cissus. ILl be concentrating of my elbows feel better up coming

nicholas

nicholas

Awards
I used this product and it helped the pain in my elbows tremendously. I need to pick up some more bulk powder and make it a mainstay in my arsenal.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used this product and it helped the pain in my elbows tremendously. I need to pick up some more bulk powder and make it a mainstay in my arsenal.
Good to hear your success storie

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
for those that it helped.. howlong did it take to start feeling any difference?

just wanted to give a timeframe for those that feel it to see what they might expect or not see. everyone is diff.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
About three weeks but I noticed a slight anti-inflammatory/analgesic effect right away.

Jertoons

Awards
Cissus is VERY ANABOLIC to muscle.

read the article posted on cissus at synerymuscle.com.

ceosm

sorry, can't make this link work

i also tried a "G" in that to make it "synergymuscle" insteat of what you show, but that didn't work either

would you let me know how to view the article if possible, thx

jerry

Jertoons

Awards
the forum is making me do a post to get the email notiification, this is my first post, i didn't subscribe to this tread when i posted my message, just disregard this one, lol

:run:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I messed up my wrist pretty bad while taking Cissus and It healed up within a few days.

I just got mine in the mail today! O yesss best time to take it is post-training

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any reason to cycle OFF this stuff? I've been on it for 6+ months.......

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
ive been taking 3 servings of 1g each on avg 3 diff times of the day with no actual planning on timing besides spreadout.

is there a better way?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive been taking 3 servings of 1g each on avg 3 diff times of the day with no actual planning on timing besides spreadout.

is there a better way?
what your doing works

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
I'm a female bodybuilder, and my husband -powerlifter- discovered the Cissus about 20 days ago. I've been suffering of hips tendinitis to the point I almost couldn't sleep. The Doc gave me corticosteroids, analgesics, and all you can imagine. Nothing... the pain was just killing me, Squats was getting almost impossible, etc. Well, we both started taking it, and amazinglyyyyyyyy my hips pain is almost Gone, as well as several other mini tendinitis I had, my husband's shoulder that was in pain really bad, is almost fine, and well... believe it or not, it worked fine for we both. I noticed No collateral effects at all, and I'm just fascinated reading about it, including the alleged help to reduce body fat it provides. :)

Just wanted to let you know!

Cool stuff.

jacobcoile

Awards
Cissus is great stuff for sure! It seems no matter what I go thru in training joint or tendon related Cissus brings me back better everytime.

ILiftBig

Awards
I decided to try this product because its about the last chance before shoulder surgery. I have a partial tear in the infraspinatus and subscapularis, both in the tendon, close the insertion on the humerus

I have tried anti-inflamatory medications out the butt, a shot of cortisone, not to mention oral corticosteroids. I have done rehab with weights and bands, EMS and TENS, and ultrasound. All helped some but when I went back to doing chest and shoulder work the pain started again. I have endured this for almost 3 years now.

I took the cissus and over night I felt a drastic relief in pain. I am now even able to sleep on my shoulder when before there was no way. I have been using it now for 3 weeks at 2g twice a day for a total of 4g. I have very little pain.

My bench has increased where I am able to do 415 for 5 reps and 100lb dumbbell presses. I am also able to do over head presses for the first time in years. I think now, with out much doubt, I am going to be able to avoid surgery. We'll see how it goes.

What else did I notice, while my wife says she feels more of a pump, I do feel much stronger. I can't say whether it is just because I have no pain or what. But the rest of my lifting has gotten much stronger as well. Who knows why, but I sure will take it.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
ILiftBig and TxMuscleGal, which Cissus are you using?

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
Hi Jag

ILiftBig and TxMuscleGal, which Cissus are you using?
Hi Jag we are using the USPLabs one. Super CissusRx... Iliftbig is my hubbie... :)

We take 4 a day, empty stomach, morning and before dinner...
I wasn't so willinged to try any "natural" stuff, but boy, it works... and it's doing what the Doc couldn't.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Hi Jag we are using the USPLabs one. Super CissusRx... Iliftbig is my hubbie... :)

We take 4 a day, empty stomach, morning and before dinner...
I wasn't so willinged to try any "natural" stuff, but boy, it works... and it's doing what the Doc couldn't.
Thanks TxMuscleGal and welcome to you and your husband to the AM Forums.

I've used the Primaforce brand and didn't get the results i expected so i opted not to get any more. I also tried Animal Flex, which MANY people swear by, as well also with minimal results.

I've heard many good things about the USPLabs Cissus so i'll definitely add that to my next order. My wife had a history of knee problems so i'll get some for her to.

She uses Glucosamine and up to 12 grams of Fish Oil a day and swears by them.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I've used the Primaforce brand and didn't get the results i expected so i opted not to get any more. I also tried Animal Flex, which MANY people swear by, as well also with minimal results.

I've heard many good things about the USPLabs Cissus so i'll definitely add that to my next order. My wife had a history of knee problems so i'll get some for her to.

It may be a muscle knot, messed up tendon or ligament. well over a year I thought it was joints; however now that im learnign more about my injury it might not be joints.

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards

Well, as a female, gave me not collateral nor side effects and really is helping me a lot, maybe your wifey can give it a try... :)
Thanks for the welcome!
:)

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
It may be a muscle knot, messed up tendon or ligament. well over a year I thought it was joints; however now that im learnign more about my injury it might not be joints.

Hi smeton_yea, well for ligament troubles we are using a portable ultrasound unit, which as far as I was researching, it helps to recover the collagen in ligament and tendon injuries -medical researches-, and for the knots, we use a tens unit that includes ems wich it can be used as a tens for the pain, and as emc sometimes for the knots as well as for so sore muscles if the pain is being caused for lactic acid.
Both of them easy to find in the net in a good price.
I don't know if we can post in here where we bought them, so, I'll wait for the adm. for an answer to this matter. :)
We combined the units with the Cissus and we both got really cool results, anyway the Cissus looks by far the best for both of us.

jacobcoile

Awards

I have generally gotten good results from most brands of cissus. However, the Super Cissus especially the new one and even better the Bulk has done the most impressive job on my worst pains and injuries.

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
Cissus is great stuff for sure! It seems no matter what I go thru in training joint or tendon related Cissus brings me back better everytime.
Hi Jacobcoile, we started "two bottles ago" and certainly it made already a BIG difference to us! :)

jacobcoile

Awards
glad to hear it. My wife also has felt the results of super cissus and is one of the few supps she doesn't argue about taking :dance:

and Welcome to you and your husband. Good to have some more people who like to take things that aren't just effective performance wise, but that are actually good for you!

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
glad to hear it. My wife also has felt the results of super cissus and is one of the few supps she doesn't argue about taking :dance:

and Welcome to you and your husband. Good to have some more people who like to take things that aren't just effective performance wise, but that are actually good for you!
LOL, glad she is taking it and it's actually working! I don't take corticosteroids nor if I'm dying, I dislike pain killers and all that stuff, so, I'm also taking the Cissus with a big smile. :)

My husband found it and here I'm, LOL. As well as I told already several of my clients and friends to chat about it with their doc... (I'm personal trainer for special population, specially chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, etc.)

Hey, Thanks for the welcome!

Sheshhhh, Cold here in TX and I stilll have to workout...!

jacobcoile

Awards
LOL, glad she is taking it and it's actually working! I don't take corticosteroids nor if I'm dying, I dislike pain killers and all that stuff, so, I'm also taking the Cissus with a big smile. :)

My husband found it and here I'm, LOL. As well as I told already several of my clients and friends to chat about it with their doc... (I'm personal trainer for special population, specially chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, etc.)

Hey, Thanks for the welcome!

Sheshhhh, Cold here in TX and I stilll have to workout...!
That's awesome. My mother in law has Fibromyalgia combined with some old injuries and super cissus is one of the supps I recomended to her daily and it has worked great in combination with her new healthier lifestyle and eating habits.

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
That's awesome. My mother in law has Fibromyalgia combined with some old injuries and super cissus is one of the supps I recomended to her daily and it has worked great in combination with her new healthier lifestyle and eating habits.
How the super cissus is working on her?

jacobcoile

Awards
She's using it as part of a combination of things and has greatly reduce her "outbreaks" of the sever pain/weakness. joint and tendon issues from the past combined with fibro is a bad combo to state the obvious, but she is doing well.

TxMuscleGal

TxMuscleGal

Awards
She's using it as part of a combination of things and has greatly reduce her "outbreaks" of the sever pain/weakness. joint and tendon issues from the past combined with fibro is a bad combo to state the obvious, but she is doing well.
Fantastic! :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi smeton_yea, well for ligament troubles we are using a portable ultrasound unit, which as far as I was researching, it helps to recover the collagen in ligament and tendon injuries -medical researches-, and for the knots, we use a tens unit that includes ems wich it can be used as a tens for the pain, and as emc sometimes for the knots as well as for so sore muscles if the pain is being caused for lactic acid.
Both of them easy to find in the net in a good price.
I don't know if we can post in here where we bought them, so, I'll wait for the adm. for an answer to this matter. :)
We combined the units with the Cissus and we both got really cool results, anyway the Cissus looks by far the best for both of us.
Welcome to you and your husband to Anabolicminds!

yeah cissus works no doubt about it. At the beginning of this thread Max says something about ART(active release therapy). (im starting it this week, insurance doesn't cover it) theres videos on youtube . something to look into for injuries. I know of an NPC competitor, Jason Wojo, who gets it done, many say it gets them pain free or at least way less pain which at this point Im willing to do whatever it takes to get this damned elbow pain-free.

ILiftBig

Awards
Welcome to you and your husband to Anabolicminds!

yeah cissus works no doubt about it. At the beginning of this thread Max says something about ART(active release therapy). (im starting it this week, insurance doesn't cover it) theres videos on youtube . something to look into for injuries. I know of an NPC competitor, Jason Wojo, who gets it done, many say it gets them pain free or at least way less pain which at this point Im willing to do whatever it takes to get this damned elbow pain-free.
Thanks! I know a few people who have used ART and had good results. I haven't tried it.

Just an update, after almost 3 year of agonizing pain in the shoulder, I have no more pain. This pain was so bad that when I had gallbladder surgery in August, even the morphine they gave me before and after surgery didn't relieve the pain. I have been using the cissus for 5 weeks now and have dropped to 1000mg, 2x/day.

My chest training is getting pretty heavy now and for the first time in years I have full range of motion using dumbbells with no pain. This stuff is great.