Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Hyde!

Chris keep killing it in here, you are a strong mofo, and only getting stronger!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Bump

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Missed you in my log too, boss! Not the same without Chris T goading me to be stronger and lift more weight!
Ive been following! Been a little too busy to comment a whole lot though. College is no joke! And its only the first week lol

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been following! Been a little too busy to comment a whole lot though. College is no joke! And its only the first week lol
You got this man! School is a lot like marathon training. Just stay steady and consistent and you’ll be fine. I found that if you at least had a C+ at midterms, you could usually turn on the afterburners the second half of the semester and get an A or B.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
You got this man! School is a lot like marathon training. Just stay steady and consistent and you’ll be fine. I found that if you at least had a C+ at midterms, you could usually turn on the afterburners the second half of the semester and get an A or B.
Im trying to make this a different experience from high school and just stay ahead and keep my grades as high as possible the whole way through. Once i get behind im usually done for. Its hard because my wife is not being very helpful with expecting me to do all this other stuff while i have homework to do and isnt really respecting that i need to keep up right from the start. So hopefully she can change this up asap

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im trying to make this a different experience from high school and just stay ahead and keep my grades as high as possible the whole way through. Once i get behind im usually done for. Its hard because my wife is not being very helpful with expecting me to do all this other stuff while i have homework to do and isnt really respecting that i need to keep up right from the start. So hopefully she can change this up asap
Did you say you were going for diesel mechanic?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's a rough one. You definitely need to have a sit down with her and really discuss that before it blows up on you all. No reason to wait until something breaks to deal with that. Get it out of the way before you are angry about it so there is a discussion not an argument. If you are doing that to better the situation for you all then she should want to step up and be supportive but might not realize how much it is needed without clear and concise communication on your end.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
That's a rough one. You definitely need to have a sit down with her and really discuss that before it blows up on you all. No reason to wait until something breaks to deal with that. Get it out of the way before you are angry about it so there is a discussion not an argument. If you are doing that to better the situation for you all then she should want to step up and be supportive but might not realize how much it is needed without clear and concise communication on your end.
Yeah sound advice as usual bro thank you

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Posting in here now that the s4 is gone. A couple updates. Hit 355 on bench the other day. Hit 455 on squat this morning

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Current pics? How you looking brother?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ill post some here soon... my whole family has been sick the last week or so and i finally got it
So what you are saying is you are off work and have plenty time to take some!

Just kidding.. Hate to hear that. Hopefully you get over it quickly and it doesn't just make the rounds around the house over and over.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So what you are saying is you are off work and have plenty time to take some!

Just kidding.. Hate to hear that. Hopefully you get over it quickly and it doesn't just make the rounds around the house over and over.
Yeah thats what im hoping for lol. My work hours have actually been drastically cut bc im going to school now so i had to change jobs to an afternoon cooking job to bring in some cash around my school schedule. But working less and going to school im actually way busier now than i was before lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah thats what im hoping for lol. My work hours have actually been drastically cut bc im going to school now so i had to change jobs to an afternoon cooking job to bring in some cash around my school schedule. But working less and going to school im actually way busier now than i was before lol
You might see if you can find a spot as cash bouncer... 100-150 a night at the clubs! That is how I put myself through my trade school until I started barbacking for the beer tubs girls at one of the clubs then i was getting tipped out like 200-300 a night Fridays and Saturdays. Only barbacked 2 sometimes 3 days a week and averaged about 600 in take home cash.

I know you weren't asking but it is something a lot of people never consider and the hours are minimal and the pay is nice for the time spent.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've noticed with my girl when I'm gone a lot or I'm in a situation where I go to places where there's a lot of other females there's a lot of jealousy. She hates when I do training she hates when I'm at the city college she much prefer me to be with a bunch of guys digging holes in the mud all day but that's not what I want to do so she has to just suck it up. I always tell her that if I wanted a different girl I would go get a different girl all jealousy does is slow down progress

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You might see if you can find a spot as cash bouncer... 100-150 a night at the clubs! That is how I put myself through my trade school until I started barbacking for the beer tubs girls at one of the clubs then i was getting tipped out like 200-300 a night Fridays and Saturdays. Only barbacked 2 sometimes 3 days a week and averaged about 600 in take home cash.

I know you weren't asking but it is something a lot of people never consider and the hours are minimal and the pay is nice for the time spent.
I do bouncing it pays good and it's fun but.... The girl gets very jealous because right about 1 a.m. titties start coming out.
Jealous girlfriends are a trip. See mines a badass homemaker, I live on her 3.5 Acres now, she's an excellent cook five star cook, and when her mother dies will get several million dollars. So I figure she wants to b**** a little bit and be jealous more power to her

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah ive got no interest in being around a bunch of drunk idiots a few nights a week. That and being up that late for anything wont work. Its literally school at 7am or my wife works at 6am every day and i gotta be up with the kids. With how spread thin i am, i feel one night of no sleep for the next week. Theres nights i gotta work swing shift and im not home til 11pm and i still gotta be up at 4-5am and i can swing that usually but anything worse than that doesnt work for me

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I do bouncing it pays good and it's fun but.... The girl gets very jealous because right about 1 a.m. titties start coming out.
Jealous girlfriends are a trip. See mines a badass homemaker, I live on her 3.5 Acres now, she's an excellent cook five star cook, and when her mother dies will get several million dollars. So I figure she wants to b**** a little bit and be jealous more power to her
My wife is very jealous too. She gets jealous with me working in a restaurant. Shes the same way. Shes much more comfortable with me being out in the heat and dust or cold wet snow framing a house with a bunch of guys in miserable conditions. She doesnt seem to understand why im not cool with doing that the rest of my life either. Shes very clear to let me know that she didnt want me to go to school and doesnt go out of her way to make it any easier for me at all... Crazy she was cool with it before it started then school started and when things started getting hard shes not cool with it anymore and has freak outs. Hoping things level off at some point. Cause if the next 2 years is like this idk whats gonna happen. She just cant seem to see the big picture. She keeps saying stuff like im doing all this extra work so YOU can go to school, and have all this free time to yourself. First of all i dont get all this free time to myself. I need time to do homework so i dont fall behind and fail out and waste all this money ive put into it. Second of all im not doing it for me, im doing it for us so i can work a job with normal hours and make enough to support us, also so i can be able to fix our sh1t when it breaks. Its so frustrating.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My wife is very jealous too. She gets jealous with me working in a restaurant. Shes the same way. Shes much more comfortable with me being out in the heat and dust or cold wet snow framing a house with a bunch of guys in miserable conditions. She doesnt seem to understand why im not cool with doing that the rest of my life either. Shes very clear to let me know that she didnt want me to go to school and doesnt go out of her way to make it any easier for me at all... Crazy she was cool with it before it started then school started and when things started getting hard shes not cool with it anymore and has freak outs. Hoping things level off at some point. Cause if the next 2 years is like this idk whats gonna happen. She just cant seem to see the big picture. She keeps saying stuff like im doing all this extra work so YOU can go to school, and have all this free time to yourself. First of all i dont get all this free time to myself. I need time to do homework so i dont fall behind and fail out and waste all this money ive put into it. Second of all im not doing it for me, im doing it for us so i can work a job with normal hours and make enough to support us, also so i can be able to fix our sh1t when it breaks. Its so frustrating.
Damn bro, I've had those types that are petty/jealous... No way to live, her fears will hold u both back. Get out if u can, if she cannot see past her fear. Sorry to be blunt.

Finish school, move ahead, women will come.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Damn bro, I've had those types that are petty/jealous... No way to live, her fears will hold u both back. Get out if u can, if she cannot see past her fear. Sorry to be blunt.

Finish school, move ahead, women will come.
Shes the mother of my 4 children and we've been together for a long time and she has never been this way before until just recently. Idk wtf to think about it really but just bailing isnt an option

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've noticed with my girl when I'm gone a lot or I'm in a situation where I go to places where there's a lot of other females there's a lot of jealousy. She hates when I do training she hates when I'm at the city college she much prefer me to be with a bunch of guys digging holes in the mud all day but that's not what I want to do so she has to just suck it up. I always tell her that if I wanted a different girl I would go get a different girl all jealousy does is slow down progress
Yeah, that can be a serious issue.
Yeah, that is a rough one, if the trust isn't there then it gets a little turbulent.
Yeah ive got no interest in being around a bunch of drunk idiots a few nights a week. That and being up that late for anything wont work. Its literally school at 7am or my wife works at 6am every day and i gotta be up with the kids. With how spread thin i am, i feel one night of no sleep for the next week. Theres nights i gotta work swing shift and im not home til 11pm and i still gotta be up at 4-5am and i can swing that usually but anything worse than that doesnt work for me
Yeah, I can see that, was more mentioning it in case you wanted to find something with less hours for more or the same money while in school. I thought you were saying you had quit your other job since it said you had to change jobs. However I think your first sentence here is the most important one... No interest in dealing with drunks a few nights a week!

I don't think I would bounce now unless my livelihood depended on it. Even if I did, it would not be as fun as it was back in the day when I was a rutting young buck!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shes the mother of my 4 children and we've been together for a long time and she has never been this way before until just recently. Idk wtf to think about it really but just bailing isnt an option
Yep chances are those type of women will use kids as a weapon anyways so it's better to try to make it work my kids 24 so I got nothing to worry about

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also as we start looking better and better through Fitness it increases their jealousy somewhere in the back of their mind they think we're doing it for women which in my case I'm not I'm totally doing it just for me my workout is a very intimate thing between myself and my body

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it’s a recent thing, her being unsupportive, it will likely pass. I’m not saying it won’t take work on both sides, but it’s fixable. It’s not like she’s always not supported you; she just hasn’t prepared herself to be on board yet for what this is really going to take - what it means for you to be a student and also try to help pay the bills concurrently.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
As for jealousy - do everything you can to make her feel like the apple of your eye. If you can keep her from dissociating your education with the fear of college sluts, because she feels secure in her love with you, that’s one less big reason to hate your college endeavor.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
As for jealousy - do everything you can to make her feel like the apple of your eye. If you can keep her from dissociating your education with the fear of college sluts, because she feels secure in her love with you, that’s one less big reason to hate your college endeavor.
Yeah ive been trying. Its just alot of extra stress. If things keep going the way they are i wouldnt be suprised if she up and left. The way she talks to me lately makes me wonder why she stays if thats how she really feels. Kinda hard to admit it but seriously thats how things have been going. Sucks. We do have alot of extra stress right now but acting the way she has been only makes it worse

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Only if you all get a really unhealthy relationship, then it is more damaging to the kids for you all to be together. Doesn't sound like it is there yet.

I am going to go out on a limb here and risk offending you, because I care enough to do so.

Sounds like she is feeling very insecure, which is making her a bit short sighted, and comes off as being selfish. However, I am not at home with you all and do not know what all goes on at home. However, here is an important question to ask yourself.

Are you prioritizing her, or just yourself in your daily life? I understand you are going to school to make a better life for the entire family, and to you the sacrifice of the hard work, and effort you are putting into it should show her how much of a priority she is to you. That is logical and literally has nothing to do with this particular conversation or situation as it is emotionally driven and charged.

You are dealing with an emotional being who operates and or interprets things as well as makes decisions based largely off of how they feel. This is normal for women. The logical reasoning behind why you are doing this may still even seem logical to her but this has nothing to do with how the new situation makes her feel as priorities shift and she feels less important..

As a family man with a wife, and kids, especially a wife who is feeling insecure, and doesn't typically feel or act this way you have to ask yourself if you are doing what is needed for her to feel more secure and her to feel she is a major priority for you.

Have you cut down on your workouts or time at the gym? Again, I am not there but from what I can tell you have been making sure to keep your training a major priority... Are you making sure your wife feels she is obviously a HIGHER PRIORITY than that? If not then that is a failure on your part and a bit selfish. That could easily be driving her feelings of insecurity and resentment, and to be honest would be justified. It is your responsibility as the husband to ensure that your lady knows she is the priority, especially during times she is insecure and if you aren't making that happen by prioritizing things like weight lifting or even giving them a similar priority level than her then you are being selfish, and letting her down.

If something has to give it should be training, not time spent with the wife, and you should be making an effort to make the limited time you have to spend with her quality time. Do things that are a little out of the ordinary... stop and grab a single rose from the grocery store on occasion. Go in one day when she knows you intended to workout and tell her. "Honey I was going to go to the gym but I have really been missing our time together so I am staying home tonight just to be with you... Make her feel like she is more important. Sit her down and tell her you are going to pair back on the training a bit to help more at the house or spend time with her...

I am sure your wife is far more important to you than your physique, but if she is getting less time with you but you are trying to make sure you aren't missing the gym, well you see why she might feel like nothing is about her and everything is about you. That leads to resentment.

To be honest training and what not does not need to be that frequent or long sessions to make good progress. A well thought out program can have you growing, gaining strength, and still only take up 3-4 hours of your week.

I imagine this will be unpopular to some people on here since this is a fitness forum, and fitness as a hobby in general is a pretty selfish endeavor. It is very easy to get wrapped up in that and not see how it affects the people around us. We have to find balance to make things work and it is our responsibility to do so.

If you are already experiencing this, I strongly recommend against you training for a meet unless you can do so with 3-4 short workouts a week. Piling on more and more priorities when you don't have enough time to balance them all and still make sure you are prioritizing the wife would be a bit selfish in my opinion. There is a season for everything and right now it seems like that season should be School and the wife, while only putting in what is needed for the fitness side of things.

I know you can just dismiss this entire post, but I hope you take a moment to consider that since she has sacrificed time with you, and doing more around the house for your goals, she more than likely feels slighted that you are not sacrificing gym time and that comes out as resentment toward anything that is taking up your time. I am not a relationship expert, but I have been happily married for 16 years which is pretty good for nowadays. So I feel like my advice is at least worth some consideration.

I don't want you to only get the Wolf Cookie and Gorilla Milk answers like how she needs to adjust her situation or attitude so that you do not have to adjust your fitness goals as I know those are pretty common place on these forums. So I figured I would put my $.02 in. You are the leader in your home, and sometimes as a leader you have to put your personal priorities aside for the betterment of the family situation, and you have to be mature enough to recognize when that is.

Again, I hope I didn't offend you but consider it like it were a budgeted expense. If your wife came to you and said "Hey, no more supplements at all, we don't have the money for that!" Then refused to stop spending 75 a month getting her nails done you wouldn't be happy and would resent her every time she went and then after that it would begin to spread into every time she spent money on anything else. That is most likely what is going on her but with time spent. Right now you need to budget your time... You have put her in a situation where her time is definitely budgeted and she has less time for things she enjoys, but she sees you still spending a big chunk of that budget on training aka a hobby in her eyes...

Yep chances are those type of women will use kids as a weapon anyways so it's better to try to make it work my kids 24 so I got nothing to worry about
We don't really know what her type is, and that is a pretty hefty jump on conclusions without having pretty specific knowledge about her personality as a whole. He said this is completely new behavior for her, and it is in a new situation where she is suffering a loss. We can't assume she is extremely vindictive simply because she is feeling insecure and that everything seems to be about him at the moment.

Also as we start looking better and better through Fitness it increases their jealousy somewhere in the back of their mind they think we're doing it for women which in my case I'm not I'm totally doing it just for me my workout is a very intimate thing between myself and my body
Fact! Every time I get really lean and looking great the wife gets a little more insecure, but again, it is my responsibility to reassure her by my actions that she is the only one for me, and that I truly adore her. If I am not at least making an extra effort to do that, it is my failure as a husband.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
MrKleen73 You are good man, you definitely have a great talent. The way you can get your thoughts on to paper is outstanding. I was here reading earlier and was thinking the same things you have spoke of. There is absolutely know way I cold get it from mind to cpu. Great job, and best of luck ChrisT

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have a house, and does it have a garage or shed space?

If so, you could save all your supplement money and scour Craigslist til you find a steal of a deal and can pick up somebody’s old rack bar and weights for $500 or something. You buy a few bands and presto, you have a real home gym that you can walk to in your flip-flops. Then you can ditch your gym membership even if it’s costly enough. This is more of a long term time-saving solution though than an immediate fix.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do you have a house, and does it have a garage or shed space?

If so, you could save all your supplement money and scour Craigslist til you find a steal of a deal and can pick up somebody’s old rack bar and weights for $500 or something. You buy a few bands and presto, you have a real home gym that you can walk to in your flip-flops. Then you can ditch your gym membership even if it’s costly enough. This is more of a long term time-saving solution though than an immediate fix.
This!!!! When time is short, or my wife is feeling like we haven't spent much time together I go to the garage and smash it. I am always done in an hour out there. I have plenty of stuff to do but it is not like being at the gym where you have tons of things easy to do and can get distracted or just add on to the workout for fun. She knows this is less fun for me, and sees it as me making a sacrifice for her, in order to get back to her more quickly.

If you scour craigs list you can most definitely find something cheap. I got an 800lb capable bench / squat rack with a legit Texas power bar, a medicine ball, 2 sets of light DB's, and 390lbs of olympic weights for $250 off of there. The guy was asking 400. I hit him up and told him I knew the real value of what he was selling but honestly only had 250 to spare, but hit him with the fact that I am an avid workout enthusiast so he could rest knowing the weights were being used and not just bought and left in a garage to hang stuff on. Between all of the he was willing to drop it to 250. So you can definetly find some amazing deals out there.

My Paramount Commercial grade Universal set up was only 285, with nothing wrong with it but the person wanted it out of their garage. They asked 500 for it, my brother and law got it for 285, and I got it from him for free when he moved because he had nowhere to put it. So close to 3000 in equipment for $535... just have to be patient, and be willing to be turned down when you hit them low... Don't buy at a "good price" from craigs list buy when it is a steal, because there will always be another steal to get later if you are patient about it.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is exactly why I workout at 3am in my garage. I have way to much going on during the day.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah kleen i see what youre saying man. Honestly i have been missing training sessions alot more than i would like. And i totally understand where shes coming from when it comes to not having me around enough. We talked about this before it started though and i told her if i was going to do it im going all in. Im not going in just to pass and skate by. Its a very complicated situation and is hard to decipher what the right thing to do is. I know the right thing to do isnt to drop out of school and waste the time and money ive put in already. And as far as training goes, ive only been going when i can spare a little time in the morning while everyones still asleep. Im definitely not training for a meet now. I had hopes for one but decided it wasnt the time. I know shes feeling slighted (which i can kinda understand i guess) but she is the kinda person that lets her anger run free and has been doing that way more often the last year. Its just gotten worse since school started. We've discussed getting a garage set up and im gonna start looking around for one. Idk if i was able to touch on everything in your novel but its all i got time for right now lol. Just know that i did take the time to read it and i appreciate you taking the time out of your day to try and help.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Slowly but surely goals are getting closer. Deadlifted 565 this morning. 10# pr

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Only if you all get a really unhealthy relationship, then it is more damaging to the kids for you all to be together. Doesn't sound like it is there yet.

I am going to go out on a limb here and risk offending you, because I care enough to do so.

Sounds like she is feeling very insecure, which is making her a bit short sighted, and comes off as being selfish. However, I am not at home with you all and do not know what all goes on at home. However, here is an important question to ask yourself.

Are you prioritizing her, or just yourself in your daily life? I understand you are going to school to make a better life for the entire family, and to you the sacrifice of the hard work, and effort you are putting into it should show her how much of a priority she is to you. That is logical and literally has nothing to do with this particular conversation or situation as it is emotionally driven and charged.

You are dealing with an emotional being who operates and or interprets things as well as makes decisions based largely off of how they feel. This is normal for women. The logical reasoning behind why you are doing this may still even seem logical to her but this has nothing to do with how the new situation makes her feel as priorities shift and she feels less important..

As a family man with a wife, and kids, especially a wife who is feeling insecure, and doesn't typically feel or act this way you have to ask yourself if you are doing what is needed for her to feel more secure and her to feel she is a major priority for you.

Have you cut down on your workouts or time at the gym? Again, I am not there but from what I can tell you have been making sure to keep your training a major priority... Are you making sure your wife feels she is obviously a HIGHER PRIORITY than that? If not then that is a failure on your part and a bit selfish. That could easily be driving her feelings of insecurity and resentment, and to be honest would be justified. It is your responsibility as the husband to ensure that your lady knows she is the priority, especially during times she is insecure and if you aren't making that happen by prioritizing things like weight lifting or even giving them a similar priority level than her then you are being selfish, and letting her down.

If something has to give it should be training, not time spent with the wife, and you should be making an effort to make the limited time you have to spend with her quality time. Do things that are a little out of the ordinary... stop and grab a single rose from the grocery store on occasion. Go in one day when she knows you intended to workout and tell her. "Honey I was going to go to the gym but I have really been missing our time together so I am staying home tonight just to be with you... Make her feel like she is more important. Sit her down and tell her you are going to pair back on the training a bit to help more at the house or spend time with her...

I am sure your wife is far more important to you than your physique, but if she is getting less time with you but you are trying to make sure you aren't missing the gym, well you see why she might feel like nothing is about her and everything is about you. That leads to resentment.

To be honest training and what not does not need to be that frequent or long sessions to make good progress. A well thought out program can have you growing, gaining strength, and still only take up 3-4 hours of your week.

I imagine this will be unpopular to some people on here since this is a fitness forum, and fitness as a hobby in general is a pretty selfish endeavor. It is very easy to get wrapped up in that and not see how it affects the people around us. We have to find balance to make things work and it is our responsibility to do so.

If you are already experiencing this, I strongly recommend against you training for a meet unless you can do so with 3-4 short workouts a week. Piling on more and more priorities when you don't have enough time to balance them all and still make sure you are prioritizing the wife would be a bit selfish in my opinion. There is a season for everything and right now it seems like that season should be School and the wife, while only putting in what is needed for the fitness side of things.

I know you can just dismiss this entire post, but I hope you take a moment to consider that since she has sacrificed time with you, and doing more around the house for your goals, she more than likely feels slighted that you are not sacrificing gym time and that comes out as resentment toward anything that is taking up your time. I am not a relationship expert, but I have been happily married for 16 years which is pretty good for nowadays. So I feel like my advice is at least worth some consideration.

I don't want you to only get the Wolf Cookie and Gorilla Milk answers like how she needs to adjust her situation or attitude so that you do not have to adjust your fitness goals as I know those are pretty common place on these forums. So I figured I would put my $.02 in. You are the leader in your home, and sometimes as a leader you have to put your personal priorities aside for the betterment of the family situation, and you have to be mature enough to recognize when that is.

Again, I hope I didn't offend you but consider it like it were a budgeted expense. If your wife came to you and said "Hey, no more supplements at all, we don't have the money for that!" Then refused to stop spending 75 a month getting her nails done you wouldn't be happy and would resent her every time she went and then after that it would begin to spread into every time she spent money on anything else. That is most likely what is going on her but with time spent. Right now you need to budget your time... You have put her in a situation where her time is definitely budgeted and she has less time for things she enjoys, but she sees you still spending a big chunk of that budget on training aka a hobby in her eyes...

We don't really know what her type is, and that is a pretty hefty jump on conclusions without having pretty specific knowledge about her personality as a whole. He said this is completely new behavior for her, and it is in a new situation where she is suffering a loss. We can't assume she is extremely vindictive simply because she is feeling insecure and that everything seems to be about him at the moment.

Fact! Every time I get really lean and looking great the wife gets a little more insecure, but again, it is my responsibility to reassure her by my actions that she is the only one for me, and that I truly adore her. If I am not at least making an extra effort to do that, it is my failure as a husband.
Word

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Im really curious how much someone like big ramy can bench

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Im really curious how much someone like big ramy can bench
He would obviously need very different training to reach his true potential, but I suspect in the 450-550 range in the offseason if he just decided to work up and risk the injury (his tendons aren’t going to be remotely conditioned for that kind of max strain so it’s a real concern).

Johnny Jackson benched mid-5’s the first time he ever tried to powerlift, borrowing somebody else’s loose shirt. The guys who helped him said he had just showed up to the meet and they felt bad cuz he had no idea what he was doing - he was just jacked lol

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Squat sesh

Barx20
135x10
225x5
315x5

385 3x2

High bar
410 2x1

Paused lowbar
365 2x3

Db walks ss/ lying leg curl ss/ pullup amrap

120's 30secx3

155 3x15

Pullups 10,10,6

The only true amrap for pullups was the last one. I was pretty spent from squats and really didnt feel like pushing myself to the limit with pullups honestly lol good thing is though that pullups are way easier than they were not all that long ago

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's funny but once you haven't been able to squat in a long time they all sound so great! I really miss the struggle that a heavy squat, or dead lift brings to the table...

Keep killing it Chris, and remember tiny little extra gestures can make all the difference in a situation like this. Buy a card, bring home a rose, leave a nice note for her somewhere she won't expect it. You will most likely be surprised how much little things like that can change the landscape of a hard time at home. My wife is the same regarding she is more than willing to fight, and I know she is emotional and has a hard time dealing with things appropriately. I have to be her balance and rudder as well, and to little things like that have gone a long way to defuse hard situations. Plus you will enjoy being the one putting a smile on her face too!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Amazon Bro...you can find some nice sexy sh1t on there for dirt cheap...usually free shipping. ...I try once or twice a month, she loves it

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
The pump is freaking unreal this morning. Feel like my skins gonna tear open lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote