Christ83189 back in it

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So ive decided im gonna start looking around for a powerlifting comp and sign up. And start researching strongman and see about making some implements for that and training for that. I really want to get in some competition. I really miss competing and having that mindset of working towards a goal and going for the win

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get after it!!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can’t view the vid for some reason but if it was easy I expect it looked good! Gotta love lifetime PRs!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So ive decided im gonna start looking around for a powerlifting comp and sign up. And start researching strongman and see about making some implements for that and training for that. I really want to get in some competition. I really miss competing and having that mindset of working towards a goal and going for the win
Handle it!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do it man! You’re strong as fark and would do well!

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Get it done bro! ...nothing like it...I can't wait for my December meet.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not really. I got court on the 12th but thats far from when its going resolve the matter
****. Well, the bright side is you just get to keep getting stronger before you even start prepping for a meet lol!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not really. I got court on the 12th but thats far from when its going resolve the matter
Just walk into the courtroom look over at the DA, and yell "HE'S GOT A BOMB", as he opens his briefcase. And then run like hell. Everything will turn out fine

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Yummmyyyy!

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The cake looks amazing. Please tell me you had seconds!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well most court date are about a month and a half apart. Shouldn't interfere too much.
Criminal or civil .....or rather not say?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nicely done! PRs like a boss. Couple tips to smash them further:

When you walk out the squat, as soon as you’re in position flex your glutes hard as you try to spread the floor with your feet - this will help you stand tall and strong with the weight as well as engage the strongest muscle in your body from the get-go.

And on the bench - get someone to give you a decent handoff on PR attempts. It will be an easy ten pounds with the energy it saves you.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Nicely done! PRs like a boss. Couple tips to smash them further:

When you walk out the squat, as soon as you’re in position flex your glutes hard as you try to spread the floor with your feet - this will help you stand tall and strong with the weight as well as engage the strongest muscle in your body from the get-go.

And on the bench - get someone to give you a decent handoff on PR attempts. It will be an easy ten pounds with the energy it saves you.
Yeah theres just never anyone at the gym when i go and dont have any friends that lift lol when there is someone there i always ask for a handoff when trying for a PR

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
So something funny to share. Theres these teenagers that have been working out in the morning the last couple months. They're always running around aimlessly just working random exercises with no rhyme or reason. Anyways one of them is going for a 1rm on bench this morning he has 245 on the bar. Ive never even seen him hit 205 at all. Not even working up. Looked like he went straight from 185 to 245. So he goes for it and it looks like his spotter is going for a 1rm bicep curl at the same time. Both struggling hard. They rerack it and i figure hes going to work down. He gets up and puts another 5 on each side and goes for that. Same thing lol wtf. Freakin dummy

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Ha! Ego>strength.
Yep lol when im going real heavy ill ask one of them for a spot and a hand off. I make sure to tell them though dont touch the bar unless it starts going back down. Cause when they spot each other the spotter always has a full grip on the bar

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bro, watch me deadlift your bench press for ya

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So something funny to share. Theres these teenagers that have been working out in the morning the last couple months. They're always running around aimlessly just working random exercises with no rhyme or reason. Anyways one of them is going for a 1rm on bench this morning he has 245 on the bar. Ive never even seen him hit 205 at all. Not even working up. Looked like he went straight from 185 to 245. So he goes for it and it looks like his spotter is going for a 1rm bicep curl at the same time. Both struggling hard. They rerack it and i figure hes going to work down. He gets up and puts another 5 on each side and goes for that. Same thing lol wtf. Freakin dummy
Yep lol when im going real heavy ill ask one of them for a spot and a hand off. I make sure to tell them though dont touch the bar unless it starts going back down. Cause when they spot each other the spotter always has a full grip on the bar
Yeah this is a serious problem among younger guys. Some older less mature guys as well... I remember learning some humility in the 9th grade because my training group had me thinking I could bench 265 for 3 reps then I go to the high school meet and could barely get 225 up for one rep!!! I had been hitting 225x5 in training the whole time being told "It's all you man! You got this!" all the while they were lifting a good portion for me. I was literally pissed off and embarrassed because I really thought I could do 265 and then barely got my opener @ 225...

Everybody wants to amp everybody up and doesn't want to call anyone out because who knows how much help you might be getting too. No one wants to find out the spotter is lifting 50 sometimes 100lbs and saying "It's all you man!" So it becomes self perpetuating.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m embarrassed for them and I don’t even know them lol.

Tell them if they spin the plates before the set they will bench more - you know, centrifugal force

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Gonna start doin one flat bench day, one incline a week. Seems like my db incline translates well to incline bb. Did some light incline bb work today and it felt good. Last few times it hurt my shoulder but worked up to 205 with no issues today. Really want to build it up so its close to my flate bench like HokiePride's monster incline benching

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
Those young guys at my gym scare me, bopping around just flailing the weights...

Congrats on all your recent success, Chris!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Those young guys at my gym scare me, bopping around just flailing the weights...

Congrats on all your recent success, Chris!
Thanks man, more to come. I plan on hitting 405 bench this year along with 500 squat and 600 dead

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That was a really tough jump for me but you are closest to that goal so it seems very doable. 405-500 on squat - now that took more than learning to squat and getting to 405! lol But everyone advances differently. Stay healthy and hungry and it will come!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
That was a really tough jump for me but you are closest to that goal so it seems very doable. 405-500 on squat - now that took more than learning to squat and getting to 405! lol But everyone advances differently. Stay healthy and hungry and it will come!
Yeah ever since i hit 405 both times progress came real slow on squat. Deadlift gets slow for me after 500 but its been progressing steadily so im hoping for 600 this year

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Doing literally the best incline bb pressing of my life today.

Barx10x2
95x10
135x10
185x5
195x5
205x5
225x2

Incline BB press has always been a b1tch for me. My shoulder has never liked it so everything ive done with it has been a limited ROM. Today i went as heavy as i did back then but this is the heaviest ive ever gone with a full ROM. Seems like im ready to progress on it finally

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Doing literally the best incline bb pressing of my life today.

Barx10x2
95x10
135x10
185x5
195x5
205x5
225x2

Incline BB press has always been a b1tch for me. My shoulder has never liked it so everything ive done with it has been a limited ROM. Today i went as heavy as i did back then but this is the heaviest ive ever gone with a full ROM. Seems like im ready to progress on it finally
DB work really helps my BB incline. Hex presses are a godsend.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
For me, there is only one thing to build my incline bench - doing heavy incline bench. I just have to grind through a couple strength waves for a good 8 weeks at a time. This does pay out on overhead pressing and seems to help flat bench from a muscle perspective.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have to agree with the Hex Presses! When you have a bad shoulder and can't do any presses with a straight bar.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Have to agree with the Hex Presses! When you have a bad shoulder and can't do any presses with a straight bar.
Yeah that was my problem. I could never touch bar to chest cause it hurt my shoulder. After a while of doing incline db press i came back to incline bb and can go heavier than usual and touch the bar to chest. Stoked

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah ever since i hit 405 both times progress came real slow on squat. Deadlift gets slow for me after 500 but its been progressing steadily so im hoping for 600 this year
Deads off plates helped me tremendously

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The weight up on plates like a block pull or standing on the plates for deficit deads?
Deficits built mine up. Where do you slow down with the weight that is more important for your progress. Is it harder to break from the floor, or to get it past your knees and get your hips pushed through? If breaking the floor deficits will probably help more. If the upper half of the lift then block or rack pulls are a great way to strengthen those sticking points.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Deficits built mine up. Where do you slow down with the weight that is more important for your progress. Is it harder to break from the floor, or to get it past your knees and get your hips pushed through? If breaking the floor deficits will probably help more. If the upper half of the lift then block or rack pulls are a great way to strengthen those sticking points.
Its usually getting above the knees. I dont really fail that often on deads but when i do thats where it is

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Its usually getting above the knees. I dont really fail that often on deads but when i do thats where it is
If it moves good to just above knees and then you battle, it could be poor positioning - that was my issue for a long time. If you start in a crappy position you will end in one.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it moves good to just above knees and then you battle, it could be poor positioning - that was my issue for a long time. If you start in a crappy position you will end in one.
I found if I could get it 4 inches off the ground I could almost always finish the lift. Getting my wedge in tighter allowed me to get more power off of the ground and kept the bar closer to my body which helps with leverage too as you already know.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The weight up on plates like a block pull or standing on the plates for deficit deads?
Yup
Even the 25lb bumper plates on heavy days.
But yeah, deficit off the 45s, 35s, 25s, for a month or two then when your finally on the ground the first several inches is easier.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yup
Even the 25lb bumper plates on heavy days.
But yeah, deficit of the 45s, 35, 25, does month or two then when your finally on the ground the first several inches is easier.
Alright ill start working more on deficit deads. Actually alot of my work pulled from 1" deficit cause of this mat i stand on. But not when im going for PR's.