Cholesterol quiz: Is your diet hurting your heart?

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
7/10 I suck. Guess I better study up on this subject.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I dont know about the 'no eggs everyday' bit, I got that one wrong. I have 2 eggs every morning along with 4oz of egg whites.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
8/10 i said insoluble fiber helped cholesterole and I forget the other one

motiv8erJR

motiv8erJR

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I dont know about the 'no eggs everyday' bit, I got that one wrong. I have 2 eggs every morning along with 4oz of egg whites.

Thats what I said I got a 9/10, and ****ed up the egg question cuz I dont think of in yokes anymore... just whites.... and dozens.... forget this 5-6 crap.... :) A dozen egg whites in the morning, or lil'motiv8er gets mean...:food: :rasp: :frustrate

:)

~Mk

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
You answered 9 of 10 questions correctly
guess I am good.
I missed the fat-ree reduced fat question.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
8/10...

Eggs are getting a bad rap and the triglyceride thing stumped me. But now that I think more about it..yup

GI2EG

GI2EG

Awards
Stupid quiz.

Its not saturated fat that is bad, its the fact that in large amounts (compared to the other fats you eat) it can crowd them out a bit.

Butter and eggs are perfectly healthy in moderate amounts.

What's worse is too much carbohydrate. Excessive carb intake=inflammation=cholesterol tries to "bandage" the inside of your body, and we look at that and say "hmm, must be all the cholesterol you're eating". What we hardly consider is what's doing the damage in the first place.

Remember that only a small percentage of your cholesterol comes directly from your food intake.