Cholesterol, heart disease, and conspiracy

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you have any interest whatsoever in the connection between chol and heart disease, watch this vid:

Cliffs:
Cholesterol is ultimately a red herring. The "real" concern should be hypercoagulation (platelets, etc).

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
That was a good presentation. Already knew that statins were basically bullshit, but didn't know the numbers behind them. I also have genetically high total cholesterol which is another reason I'm against them out of the gate.
It doesn't mean you shouldn't get lipid panels because mostly it's the change in cholesterol that can tell you something. Like he says, if you're at all concerned with heart disease, chemically manipulating cholesterol production shouldn't even be on your list.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just feel like my attention and concern has been directed at a minor player (LDL), when the bigger players (platelets, fibrinogen, etc) have been largely ignored. Or, the importance of them has been underplayed.

Thankfully, I have been taking compounds that can help "control" the coagulating factors which steronz tend to increase. But, aside from platelets, I have never tested the others (for intrests sake) like I have lipids.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just feel like my attention and concern has been directed at a minor player (LDL), when the bigger players (platelets, fibrinogen, etc) have been largely ignored. Or, the importance of them has been underplayed.

Thankfully, I have been taking compounds that can help "control" the coagulating factors which steronz tend to increase. But, aside from platelets, I have never tested the others (for intrests sake) like I have lipids.
I'm also not really sure where I stand based on other factors. One thing he wouldn't have time to cover, but which I believe is extremely important, is glycation.

I believe in the near future there will be various glycation tests and therapies because it's getting a ton of attention right now. It does also validate some of the claims of the low-carb fanatics out there, though we already knew it's not great to blast your blood sugar for other reasons.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Interestingly when i was on the highest dose ever for a brief period (500 test 400 mast) my hematocrit was the highest (0.53) but my platelets were at the bottom end, 156 (range is 150-400).

Now they are 249, i believe higher estrogen leads to higher platelet count, for some reason since i incorporated hcg they have been consistently over 200, while before they were below 200 even on large amounts of gear.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm also not really sure where I stand based on other factors. One thing he wouldn't have time to cover, but which I believe is extremely important, is glycation.

I believe in the near future there will be various glycation tests and therapies because it's getting a ton of attention right now. It does also validate some of the claims of the low-carb fanatics out there, though we already knew it's not great to blast your blood sugar for other reasons.
Yes, I recall coming across glycation when researching vegan diets. The hba1c test is not quite what youre referring to though is it?

I think my current dietary philosophy is, eat a range of wholefoods, emphasis on grains/nuts/vege/fruit...and let the cards fall where they may. Unless something gets too out of whack.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interestingly when i was on the highest dose ever for a brief period (500 test 400 mast) my hematocrit was the highest (0.53) but my platelets were at the bottom end, 156 (range is 150-400).

Now they are 249, i believe higher estrogen leads to higher platelet count, for some reason since i incorporated hcg they have been consistently over 200, while before they were below 200 even on large amounts of gear.
Anadrol seems to increase my platelets significantly, moreso than other AAS. There are studies showing some AAS actually decrease coagulating factors like fibrinogen.

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I recall coming across glycation when researching vegan diets. The hba1c test is not quite what youre referring to though is it?

I think my current dietary philosophy is, eat a range of wholefoods, emphasis on grains/nuts/vege/fruit...and let the cards fall where they may. Unless something gets too out of whack.
A1C tests the same mechanism, but only tells you I think the last 3 months because those molecules get recycled in that time frame. So while that's good for managing the surface level aspects of diabetes, it can't say anything about problems that may have been building over years in long-lasting molecules, like glycation of collagen in arteries or even glycation of DNA. It ends up being closely related to cellular and extracellular aging. It's all pretty new stuff, but I'm thinking some good stuff will be coming out of all the research on it.

I'm the same for diet. I just try to get whole foods and not be TOO crazy in my lifestyle, with little adjustments here or there.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@redtrek have you come across any research demonstrating chondroitin sulfate to be a potent arterial plaque removal agent?

redtrek

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@redtrek have you come across any research demonstrating chondroitin sulfate to be a potent arterial plaque removal agent?
No, but just scoped it out, and it looks like it has extremely good results on both animals and humans. Gotta remember that!
Minocycline is used to treat many different bacterial infections, such as urinary tract infections, respiratory infections, skin infections, severe acne, chlamydia, tick fever, and others. It is also used for gonorrhoea, syphilis, and other infections as a second-line drug in those with a penicillin allergy.
Nice, so you can have your hookers and good arteries too!

Reactions: Nac