Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First review of gingerbread life. Not a very good one at all

http://junkbanter.com/2017/10/03/gingerbread-spice-life-cereal/

Of course since it’s Life, this “gingerbread” turns to total mush faster than you can grab your iPhone and take a photo of it for your dumb food blog. It’s this quality I always disliked about Life cereal. Crunch beats mush every time – Cereal 101.

The flavor performs poorly in milk too, in that it all but disappears. Gone is the brown sugar and vague spice, and what remains is just grains. Eat this cereal dry or don’t eat it at all.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just ate a box of the pumpkin spice shredded wheats quicker than I thought. So good straight from the box

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First review of gingerbread life. Not a very good one at all

http://junkbanter.com/2017/10/03/gingerbread-spice-life-cereal/

Of course since it’s Life, this “gingerbread” turns to total mush faster than you can grab your iPhone and take a photo of it for your dumb food blog. It’s this quality I always disliked about Life cereal. Crunch beats mush every time – Cereal 101.

The flavor performs poorly in milk too, in that it all but disappears. Gone is the brown sugar and vague spice, and what remains is just grains. Eat this cereal dry or don’t eat it at all.
Man, I though got they had fixed that as last years pumpkin and the vanilla both seemed to stay crispy longer than the "5sec to mush" I was used to with life.

Just picked up pumpkin last night so I guess I'll have to see if it's still the same :/

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man, I though got they had fixed that as last years pumpkin and the vanilla both seemed to stay crispy longer than the "5sec to mush" I was used to with life.

Just picked up pumpkin last night so I guess I'll have to see if it's still the same :/
I personally loved Pumpkin Life, but everyone will have their own opinion when it comes to food reviews. Maybe you will love the gingerbread. Who knows.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
��Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Cereal
��Found: Walmart, Target, Wegmans
��After having a box of this last year I had to double check my basic B taste buds to make sure this was still my favorite fall cereal. While life, mini-wheats, special K, and puffins are all other pumpkin cereal's this still takes the throne. While these may get soggier compared to some of the other cereals the flavoring and spices all mesh together in such a perfect ratio. The cheerios are heavy on the spices (nutmeg and clove) as the cinnamon is the weakest link. The pumpkin flavoring reminds me of a pumpkin puree with how dense the taste is. What blows my mind is I still taste a small bit of honey which amplifies how good these cheerios truly are. Overall if you love pumpkin and cereal this is the one you want to get in the fall before they are gone.
��Grade: 9/10

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
��Pumpkin Spice Cheerios Cereal
��Found: Walmart, Target, Wegmans
��After having a box of this last year I had to double check my basic B taste buds to make sure this was still my favorite fall cereal. While life, mini-wheats, special K, and puffins are all other pumpkin cereal's this still takes the throne. While these may get soggier compared to some of the other cereals the flavoring and spices all mesh together in such a perfect ratio. The cheerios are heavy on the spices (nutmeg and clove) as the cinnamon is the weakest link. The pumpkin flavoring reminds me of a pumpkin puree with how dense the taste is. What blows my mind is I still taste a small bit of honey which amplifies how good these cheerios truly are. Overall if you love pumpkin and cereal this is the one you want to get in the fall before they are gone.
��Grade: 9/10

i think its funny that you love these so much as they're near the bottom of my list of "better" pumpkin cereals... well behind life and mini wheats (dry)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think its funny that you love these so much as they're near the bottom of my list of "better" pumpkin cereals... well behind life and mini wheats (dry)
I love them too. Basic, but good

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That time of year...

IMG_0525.jpg

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a good day
IMG_0531.jpg

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Folks, meanwhile unawares are distracted tracking down PB Choc Cheerios...stealthily walk over to the appropriate section of the cereal aisle...

and acquire a box of this greatness.

Been through 3. Already my choc pb cereal.

Real chocolate flavor, real sizeable chocolate chunk, real pb flavor, excellent granola, snap to flakes.

flawless/10

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
Now I feel hungry but I can't eat yet as I am still doing my workout.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Choc PB Cheerios
8/10

These are good, but not as dense/rich as Reese Puffs. They taste better dry then when mixed with milk. I would suggest tossing them on top of yogurt or eating as a snack on the go instead of dousing them in milk. Peanut butter is smooth, but not salty enough to give you the true PB Flavoring you are looking for. They also have more fat per serving then Reese Puffs, yet reese puffs hold up longer in milk and have a superior feeling. Good cheerio, but not their best.

As LLN Posted above the Love cereal is the superior buy. But you can not go wrong with the OG Reese puffs for your Choc PB Basic Fix.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Starting to pop up in store's
Someone found these at Marc's

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I jsut found banana nut cheerios last night (had never seen them or heard anyhting about them before)... anyone had? I expect an OK falvor as cheerios typically arent very strong.

Also have a few fun things from Germany a few weeks ago that I need to get around to posting ha

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Picked up some of this recently and its pretty good. Is made with lentils..........

Comet Crispies.jpg

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
I jsut found banana nut cheerios last night (had never seen them or heard anyhting about them before)... anyone had? I expect an OK falvor as cheerios typically arent very strong.

Also have a few fun things from Germany a few weeks ago that I need to get around to posting ha
I actually just sent my wife on a mission to find the banana nut Cheerios! My goal is to mix them 3parts ChocolatePeanutButter Cheerios 1part BananaNut Cheerios and see what the end result is. Im a fan of just about anything chocolate peanut butter but to be honest, when I eat cereal I want it to be a diabetes inducing kid cereal! BIG flavor and SWEET! I got hints of chocolate peanut butter from the new Cheerios but that “healthy” “woody” oat flavor is still pretty strong. Hoping the combo of choc/pb/banana will make it atleast slightly more interesting to eat.
She found the Banana Nut Cheerios today at Target so I’ll know the turnout on Monday!

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
looks and awful lot like deer poop haha (i think the same thing every time I take xgels too)
lol well I just eat for my goals and performance most of the time so hey if deer poop builds muscle I'll eat it.

This cereal has a good chocolate taste btw.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Just picked up some of this about an hour ago. This is delicious :)

Dark Chocolate Macaroon.......

Dark Chocolate Macaroon.png

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just picked up some of this about an hour ago. This is delicious :)

Dark Chocolate Macaroon.......

View attachment 157832
Read earlier post
Grab this flavor too
Super good.

Folks, meanwhile unawares are distracted tracking down PB Choc Cheerios...stealthily walk over to the appropriate section of the cereal aisle...

and acquire a box of this greatness.

Been through 3. Already my choc pb cereal.

Real chocolate flavor, real sizeable chocolate chunk, real pb flavor, excellent granola, snap to flakes.

flawless/10

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Donut Shop Chocolate Donut Cereal:

7/10

The Donut reminds me of the old school Captain Crunch Choco Donuts back in 2003. The flavoring of the cereal is not very strong. Think Oreo O's but a faint chocolate flavor and no sweet cream. The flavor fades fast, but the milk left over from the milk is the best aspect. Let these sit for a minute or two or else they are a little rough (like most TJ O's Cereal's). I tried them dry and they were not any better. The Pink Donut Cereal is by far worse (fake vanilla flavor) I would avoid those at all costs. These are the better of the 2 donut cereals.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Donut Shop Chocolate Donut Cereal:

7/10

The Donut reminds me of the old school Captain Crunch Choco Donuts back in 2003. The flavoring of the cereal is not very strong. Think Oreo O's but a faint chocolate flavor and no sweet cream. The flavor fades fast, but the milk left over from the milk is the best aspect. Let these sit for a minute or two or else they are a little rough (like most TJ O's Cereal's). I tried them dry and they were not any better. The Pink Donut Cereal is by far worse (fake vanilla flavor) I would avoid those at all costs. These are the better of the 2 donut cereals.
Just had the pink last night and I LOVED it ha. If you like the sprinkle donut crunch its very similar in flavor (bday cake ish). Will be trying the chocolate here soon.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I personally did not care for it at all. Sprinkle donut crunch actually had sweetness to it. The pink donut was just bland and boring. The chocolate is pretty mediocre, the cocoa is subtle, so don't expect to get knocked away with chocolate.
Just had the pink last night and I LOVED it ha. If you like the sprinkle donut crunch its very similar in flavor (bday cake ish). Will be trying the chocolate here soon.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I personally did not care for it at all. Sprinkle donut crunch actually had sweetness to it. The pink donut was just bland and boring. The chocolate is pretty mediocre, the cocoa is subtle, so don't expect to get knocked away with chocolate.
huh your box mustve been different than mine becuase mine was sweet as could be and almost a bit "greasy" like a real donut. I was really impressed with that aspect as the fat is still pretty low too

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Both are 3g/Fat a Serving. Which is on the high end (PB Chocolate Cheerios cranking in at 4g)
The chocolate isnt as rich as Oreo O's or the Malt o Meal knockoff when it comes to chocolate , but has a higher fat intake. So it may throw you off when the flavoring isnt as strong to your liking (cocoa wise)
For 3g Fat a serving Cinnamon Toast Crunch & Reese Puffs are the GOAT when it comes to flavor for fat content in a cereal..
huh your box mustve been different than mine becuase mine was sweet as could be and almost a bit "greasy" like a real donut. I was really impressed with that aspect as the fat is still pretty low too

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
0 calorie bday cake cereal???!!! Found my new lifestyle diet hahaha.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What store did you find all those at?

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Folks, if you are unaweir:

Rescued the last 3 boxes left at Kroger. All other stores were out.

It is what Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, and every other fake fruit multicolored cereal wishes they could have been.

Strong artificial flavor of multiple "fruit" types (in a good way) in sizeable star shaped crunchy nuggets of joy.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Folks, if you are unaweir:

Rescued the last 3 boxes left at Kroger. All other stores were out.

It is what Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, and every other fake fruit multicolored cereal wishes they could have been.

Strong artificial flavor of multiple "fruit" types (in a good way) in sizeable star shaped crunchy nuggets of joy.
Haha man your finds of these oddballs are killer. Would never have picked these up but now I’ll be stopping at Kroger on the way home (saw them there yesterday) ha

Reactions: LLN
LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Haha man your finds of these oddballs are killer. Would never have picked these up but now I’ll be stopping at Kroger on the way home (saw them there yesterday) ha
Bought it a while ago with the lowest of expectations literally on a lulzy impulse.

Opened it last week and was like "da fuk? brb, need to stock up."

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Brought these home from Germany awhile back and finally cracked into them... had high hopes for a Nutella flavored “toast crunch” type but alas they were pretty much just a mild chocolate. Otherwise the same as the other toast crunches as far as looks and crunch. They were ok but not worth toting home

Reactions: LLN