Cereal Killers

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established

eeeehhh...we'll see if my opinion changes having them in milk, but consumed dry not worth buying again: blueberry powdered ones tastes intensely chemical and the non-powdered kind overly salty.

Blueberry Toast were superior.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thisssss...I can fk with.

Thank you Kroger.
I finally got my hands on these today too

I enjoyed tiny toast so I'm sure these will get my seal of approval :p

adamsmatt08

adamsmatt08

Awards
S'mores Cereal should be dropping soon in the POST Brand. Anyone who picks them up, compare to Malt-O-Meal knock off. I want to hear your 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I tried Oreo O’s this weekend and they taste just like I remember them, so if nothing else I’d give them a 10 out of 10 just for the nostalgia factor associated with them. Be that as it may, they tasted fantastic and were sweet, crunchy, and also surprisingly avoided getting soggy; however, that also may be because I was downing them due to my excitement. I’d highly recommend getting them, you won’t be disappointed.

I’ve never tried the Malt-O-Meal brand; however, I will plan on getting some this week and comparing the two cereals.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
S'mores Cereal should be dropping soon in the POST Brand. Anyone who picks them up, compare to Malt-O-Meal knock off. I want to hear your 2 cents.
I tried Oreo O’s this weekend and they taste just like I remember them, so if nothing else I’d give them a 10 out of 10 just for the nostalgia factor associated with them. Be that as it may, they tasted fantastic and were sweet, crunchy, and also surprisingly avoided getting soggy; however, that also may be because I was downing them due to my excitement. I’d highly recommend getting them, you won’t be disappointed.
.[/QUOTE]

Well the new Oreo O's don't have the mini marshmallows, so they are missing a big aspect compared to the OG

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established

Full thumbs up: cinnamon is light, strong natural fuji apple flavor, texture between then crisp and soft extremes.

Finished the box of blueberry Chex and it improved as I went along (chemicals grew on me), but wouldn't buy again.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established

Can confirm they are not just the Malt-o-Meal Cookies & Cream.

These: denser crunch (as opposed to crispy), deeper dark chocolate flavor (Chocolate Liquor listed in Oreo O's), thicker & more uniform cream coating.

Compare with the ingredients label of Cookies & Cream:

http://www.cerealously.net/review-malt-o-meal-cookies-cream-cereal-kind-of-american-oreo-os/

Does it taste like the OG? Who the fk remembers what something they had that long ago actually tasted like, but these are well worth your time.

Not better than Girl Scout Mint or the new Apple Toast however.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
two weeks in random alabama towns and I ahve finally procured all the cereals ive been searching for haha... and now i just need to end this keto diet. on the docket (no particular order, may end up in one day ;) ):

Apple cinn toast crunch (most excited for)
mocha crunch
post/malto oreo o's
blueberry chex
ice cream scoops coco puffs
very berry cheerios (have just been waiting for these, not that I couldnt find)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
http://snackcellar.com/2017/06/21/review-post-honey-maid-smores-cereal/

New Post S'mores got a very bad review

"Welp, it’s not very good. There’s a slightly smoky aroma to Honey Maid S’mores Cereal that seems appealing at first, but then it just becomes unappetizing. The crisp graham cracker pieces are dusted rather heavily with sugar, allowing only a slight honey flavor to come through. The chocolate puffs provide a dense crunch, but have very little cocoa taste at all. The marshmallows, which are like stiff little hockey pucks, add a very basic sweetness and somehow manage to taste cheaper than the marshmallows in Booty O’s Cereal."

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw the Mocha Crunch in walmart today too

Early feedback is it really lacks coffee flavor. pretty misleading.

Pros: Smells like coffee and brownies. Nice chocolatey flavor. Powdered coating makes milk chocolatey.
Cons: Doesn’t have a hint of coffee flavor. Looks exactly like Limited Edition Thin Mints Cereal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Saw the Mocha Crunch in walmart today too

Early feedback is it really lacks coffee flavor. pretty misleading.

Pros: Smells like coffee and brownies. Nice chocolatey flavor. Powdered coating makes milk chocolatey.
Cons: Doesn’t have a hint of coffee flavor. Looks exactly like Limited Edition Thin Mints Cereal.
picked it up yesterday. ill report back when i try it

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
picked it up yesterday. ill report back when i try it
You sold yourself to the devil on keto bro.
Well be waiting in December :) j/p haha

coco puffs and the mocha crunch may be disappointing. I see a lot of people knock them on social media.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You sold yourself to the devil on keto bro.
Well be waiting in December :) j/p haha

coco puffs and the mocha crunch may be disappointing. I see a lot of people knock them on social media.
trying to help the gf... she cant diet. i told her im gonna need a refeed soon haha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
��Honey Maid S'mores Cereal��
��Graham Crackers are a weaker version of golden grahams. Subtle flavors of honey and cinnamon in each bite.
��Marshmallows are generic from a grocery store, pretty straight forward.
��Chocolate reminds me of weak flavored cocoa crisps/cocoa puffs. It is present, but not strong enough to give you a huge rush of flavor.
��How does it compare to Malt O Meal? Its the same exact ingredient profile, from the same manufacturer. I never had the generic brand, but assume its going to be identical.
��Overall Grade: 7/10 (Good, but you can buy 2x the amount in the generic form. Kelloggs S'morz is better.)

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Good to go. Think Girl Scout Mint cereal texture with a "dark" mocha taste.

Still prefer the Mint version, but I'm not big on coffee. If you are, I could see you really enjoying it.

Artificially flavored garbage. Sure the each of these balls tastes something like what they are supposed to...but the cheapest version imaginable.

And the fake strawberry just lingers way too strongly.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Coming soon
No stores noted as to where my guess is Walmart and target for sure

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
7/10
Barley any apple flavor to this cereal. Tasted like glorified corn flakes to be honest. Not bad, but would not get another box. The pumpkin variety that is limited has more flavor IMO.

Apple Cinnamon Crunch Special K Cereal:

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
LLN told me to grab these
will report back later this week

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
These are pretty solid man! Had some for breakfast the other morning and enjoyed them a decent amount. A solid 7.5-8/10 in my book
Yes I picked them up and have been enjoying them on my high carb day. I think they are fantastic!

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Yes I picked them up and have been enjoying them on my high carb day. I think they are fantastic!
Agreed 100%, indulge my man! Had mine yesterday and smashed some bagels and some of that same exact cereal, enjoy!

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Agreed 100%, indulge my man! Had mine yesterday and smashed some bagels and some of that same exact cereal, enjoy!
Cinnamon Raisin bagel from Dunkin Donuts with Pumpkin cream cheese is awesome to have on high carb day. Check them out, unless of course you have access to a real bagel shop with homemade ones.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Reese's puffs for sure.Gotta love that artificial peanut butter flavor once you get sick of the real PB lol.
If you want a pure tasting PB Cereal

Another sleeper and recommendation by LLN

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Almost nailed the product. If they had only included actual pieces of Gingerbread cookies inside.

That can be easily fixed however...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

��Nature's Path Sunrise Crunchy Maple
��Found: Co-Op Whole Foods
��This was a suggestion to me to pick up, as I have never really ventured into the Nature's Path line of cereals. The description is "A delicious warm real maple taste breakfast cereal with a variety of crunchy textures from flakes, puffs and crispies". Judging by the box it looked like a glorified corn flakes cereal. Expectations were low, but those were soon dismissed after taking my first few bites. I initially thought this would get soggy fast as does regular corn flake based cereals, but that was not the case. Even sitting in milk the flavor nor the quality degraded at all. The ample taste of maple leaves a savoring taste that is rich and bold in flavor. The addition of the puffs and crispies give this an extra crunch factor that enhances the normal bran flakes composed in the cereal.This is a sleeper cereal that will be an easy repurchase You may strike gold in your local grocery store in the organic section as well. Give it a look!

��Grade: 9/10

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Picked these up kroger. Located in their organic section. Great pumpkin flavor and macros.

IMG_3796.JPG

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Except Puffins are harder then cardboard, their biggest downfall.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Except Puffins are harder then cardboard, their biggest downfall.
falvor on the pumpkin ones is top tier tho for sure... plus they dont get soggy so that's a plus... they make a great homemade ice cream mix in or crust too

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
falvor on the pumpkin ones is top tier tho for sure... plus they dont get soggy so that's a plus... they make a great homemade ice cream mix in or crust too
I would rate them higher but their texture and how hard they are breaks my jaw even if they sit for a while in milk.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I'll try that out, thank you Booneman!

Texture to me was crunchy but Im the type of guy that loves pizza crust well done so to me they were just right :)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
��Mothers Peanut Butter Bumpers Cereal
��Found: Wegmans (Organic Section)
��This hidden gem is something that gets overlooked way too much in the grocery store. For fans that love Reese Puffs you need to acquire Mothers Peanut Butter Bumpers. Take Reese Puffs and remove the chocolate, but amplify the peanut butter flavor. The crunchy peanut butter bites have a dense consistency that leave them holding their flavor for prolonged periods of time when sitting in milk. What separates this from normal peanut butter based cereals is the aftertaste of molasses and honey. This inclusion provide a unique twist on a generic flavor. For people who are PB addicts you really need to pick up a box and give this a whirl. Drinking the milk after you finish a bowl is like drinking liquid peanut butter. Absolutely divine!

LLN with the solid suggestion here.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
��Mothers Peanut Butter Bumpers Cereal
��Found: Wegmans (Organic Section)
��This hidden gem is something that gets overlooked way too much in the grocery store. For fans that love Reese Puffs you need to acquire Mothers Peanut Butter Bumpers. Take Reese Puffs and remove the chocolate, but amplify the peanut butter flavor. The crunchy peanut butter bites have a dense consistency that leave them holding their flavor for prolonged periods of time when sitting in milk. What separates this from normal peanut butter based cereals is the aftertaste of molasses and honey. This inclusion provide a unique twist on a generic flavor. For people who are PB addicts you really need to pick up a box and give this a whirl. Drinking the milk after you finish a bowl is like drinking liquid peanut butter. Absolutely divine!

LLN with the solid suggestion here.
Putting this on the list for grocery shopping this Sunday.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

wish this cereal was softer. Fruity flavor may be a miss.