Cartlidge Concerns During Rehab of a SERIOUS Knee Injury

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
PICTURES ARE GRUESOME - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED :poke:

I'm considering doing a cycle( recomp? ) after a 2.5+ month layoff after a severe knee injury. I split my kneecap in half and had surgery August 24. I've been cut loose to do rehab and I want to get back to my pre-injury weight ASAP and possibly add 5-15lbs on top of that. I've lost close to 20lbs and to be honest, I'm impatient to get to where I was and beyond.

My doctor told me to be careful how I rehab my leg and to be careful to not grind away the cartilage. Due to the nature of the injury, the leg will be susceptible to grinding on the cartilage for the next 9-12 months so I don't want to use anything that will aggravate that.

In general, does anyone have any advice on some good supplements to use or not to use while my knee cartilage is vulnerable? I'm concerned about using a "dry" compound such as epi, anything that dries out joints, etc. Would a "wet" compound be advisable? If wet is good, what's a good wet compound these days. I'm a bit behind.

I'm also going to read up on some ostarine and similar compounds. Any advice on any SARM or peptide is appreciated. Any links or good reads, especially with HOW TOs are greatly appreciated. I want to get back in top shape AND rehab this knee as well as it can possibly be done.

And yes, it hurt.

Knee 11.jpg

Knee 22.jpg

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
LOL...misspelt cartilage in the title. :stupid:

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Friendly bump.

Thanks in advance.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
Super cissus, and don't do a cycle until you're done rehabbing. It's just a bad idea, you're going to end up pushing too hard and injuring yourself. If you had to do a cycle, your best bets would be GH and something like deca (or NPP). Trestolone is wet but I haven't noticed much in the way of help to the joints, but I haven't taken it alone really except for short periods of time, and typically take an AI anyway.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the words of caution. TRUST ME. I am not going to tear this knee up. I am fully prepared to train around it. I've been training around 2 neck surgeries since 2006 so I know how to monitor my limitations and make the best of what I can still safely do. I'm going to get another 3-4 weeks of rehab under my belt before I start any cycle. My leg training will be per doctors orders and bicycle riding which ironically is how I broke it.

And, I am going to force myself to be patient and make a wise choice on when to do a cycle and what to do. And, that's why I posted here. I am admittedly impatient but doing this leg right has long term implications. It's a given that I'll have arthritis eventually but I certainly don't want to rush it.