manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I was diagnosed with hypogonadism about 1 month ago. My total T at the time was 101 ng/dl.

My primary care doctor started me on 200 mg Test Cypionate EOW with bloodwork in between.

I received a 200mg Testosterone Cypionate shot 1 week ago. I got blood work yesterday and my total testosterone was 440 ng/dl....

This is the second blood test showing a similar total T range in 400's.

My doctor is only testing total T right now. I am in the process of switching doctors, but stuck for now.

Shouldn't my testosterone be much higher with a 200mg dose of test cyp?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some things:
- You want to move to at least 1x weekly injections.
- Bloodwork in between injections is NOT necessary and is only serving to give the doctor more money requiring you to visit more. When first starting, it's not uncommon to get a follow up at 6-8 weeks and then it is generally quarterly or e6m.
- Total test really tells you nothing. At minimum you need Total, free test, SHBG, FSH, LH, thyroid, and CBC w/lipids. Good to have is e2 sensitive. Nice to have is DHEAs, progesterone, cortisol, and vit D.

You can't tell anything on where you will be at with only 1 shot. Increase the frequency, lower the dose to 100mg wk to start, and then retest in 6-8 weeks.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks @kisaj. I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm going to request to inject at home so I can do weekly injections.

I'm also going to ask for more thorough bloodwork. If he doesn't order it, I may end up going to a mens try clinic near my home...dont want to waste time sorting through doctor's who are clueless.

Especially since I still feel crappy, irritable, low energy, brain fog, anxiety attacks....you name it.

The rest of my bloodwork is perfect. Just havent had any in depth hormonal bloods drawn.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some things:
- You want to move to at least 1x weekly injections.
- Bloodwork in between injections is NOT necessary and is only serving to give the doctor more money requiring you to visit more. When first starting, it's not uncommon to get a follow up at 6-8 weeks and then it is generally quarterly or e6m.
- Total test really tells you nothing. At minimum you need Total, free test, SHBG, FSH, LH, thyroid, and CBC w/lipids. Good to have is e2 sensitive. Nice to have is DHEAs, progesterone, cortisol, and vit D.

You can't tell anything on where you will be at with only 1 shot. Increase the frequency, lower the dose to 100mg wk to start, and then retest in 6-8 weeks.
Yup, this is solid advice right here man

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I have a phone appointment with my family dr today.

Can I get a consensus on what additional bloodwork I should ask for...?

So far hes only tested Total T. I am not sure how open he is to ordering additional labs, but I am going to give it a shot.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I should add.. I recently had the following bloodwork done as well. All in normal ranges.

TSH
AST, ALT
CBC
Vit D
Lipid Panel
Creatinine

Last edited: