Some Questions and Concerns about T2 (3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine)

chrismcd45

chrismcd45

Awards
Alright guys, I'm new to this community and am hoping that I can become a bigger part of it in the upcoming months. I want to build a nice online network of guys who share a passion for bodybuilding. For now, I've gotta stay natural, but I'm looking for an edge. I recently purchased Shredded AF by Steel Supplements so I can recomp a bit faster than usual... the only problem with the product is that it contains 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine.

3,5-Diiodo-L-Thronine, otherwise known as T2, is a hormone that occurs in the body but is not as influential as T3 in changing body composition. My main problem with Shredded AF by Steel Supplements is that it only contains 150mcg of 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thronine (T2). Studies on this compound used quantities around 5 micrograms per kilogram for adequate results, and I weigh about 85 kilos... so I would need around 425mcg to reach this kind of dosage.

The next problem that I have with Shredded AF by Steel Supplements is that they include no warning about the use of 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thronine (T2). Apparently it is very suppressive to the thyroid, and will suppress TSH and the HPTA. I'm not super knowledgeable but I do know that fucking with the thyroid isn't smart. Even at very low doses, 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thronine (T2) has been shown to be very suppressive. This is frustrating because I will probably wind up with a dysfunctional thyroid by taking Shredded AF by Steel Supplements, and to make matters worse, the product is under-dosed so it will hardly yield any benefit anyway.

So I might just grab some caffeine pills and give this Shredded AF product to someone who actually wants it. I really don't know what to make of all this, but I'm hoping some of you guys may know a bit more about 3,5-Diiodo-L-Thronine (T2). Thanks for any help, and wish my luck on my cut!! Thanks!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are plenty of good fat burners that use (T2). You are not going to end up with a dysfunctional thyroid by taking Shredded AF as directed.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
caffein pills will do absolutely nothing for you in regard to your fat loss goals.
I am not familiar with the product you mention, but I agree with Tunaking.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There are plenty of good fat burners that use (T2). You are not going to end up with a dysfunctional thyroid by taking Shredded AF as directed.
Agreed with this comment. There are many fat burners that use T2. For example Fit Throid by Vital Alchemy (https://www.strongsupplementshop.com/fit-throid-by-vital-alchemy) has a write up on T2. There are many reviews over at Strong Supplement Shop on how it worked for them and the results they got.

I've used T2 in the past with no issues so I'd recommend giving it a shot and seeing if it works for you like it has worked for many others. Even if it's at a lower dosage than the study you read I think you will see some positive results from it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To my understanding, none of the successful studies on t2 were done on humans, so that data would likely be related to animal use.

The only studies I've seen on humans showed that t2 did not cause weight loss, fat loss or any health markers associated with these things.

My own personal experience would agree that t2 does not work. It didn't work for me or anyone I know personally.

If anyone here has had success with t2 then more power to you. But it's non existent in my tool box for fat loss.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I also have a question, what makes t2 natural but t3 and t4 not natural...... All 3 are thyroid hormones, while 1 may not be band, supplementing with any of them I would consider not natural, just like supplementing with testosterone, gh or insulin would not be natural....

T2 also plays a role in the oxygenation or deoxygenation of blood. Might be worth keeping a eye on that if you plan on experimenting with higher doses.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
2 top knotch fat loss products for someone who didn't want to turn in there natty card.

Yohimbine with fasted cardio and injectable Carnitine. I'm sure no1 who's natty is going to wanna take a Carnitine injection every day but if they decide to they will still be 100% natty, it's a amino acid.

And before anyone wants to argue that a injection is not natty, In that case you lost your natty card when you got your flue shot of whatever vaccines they gave you as a child.....

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To my understanding, none of the successful studies on t2 were done on humans, so that data would likely be related to animal use.

The only studies I've seen on humans showed that t2 did not cause weight loss, fat loss or any health markers associated with these things.

My own personal experience would agree that t2 does not work. It didn't work for me or anyone I know personally.

If anyone here has had success with t2 then more power to you. But it's non existent in my tool box for fat loss.
Pretty much this.

T3 is suppressive and there is some evidence your body/thyroid will bounce back from long term T3 uses in normal cases. This doesn't mean "safe" just that a lot of the time, not all the time, your thyroid is fine.

T2 is no different, and I highly doubt from my experience it will cause a problem.

But, I also think it is useless for the most part. I jabe taken high doses to see if it was a dosage issue, but it was still worthless and I would recommend avoiding it because the reward is small.

The only time it seemed to work was in one of the first supps I used that combined it with Usnic Acid. That product was insane but Usnic Acid turned out to be a cause of severe liver damage. Perhaps that combo made the T2 more effective...But I digress.