cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Today’s meals:
8 thick strips bacon, 5 eggs, mug of oxtail broth, wheel of brie
Never had oxtail broth. Sounds interesting.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Body weight at 220 lbs this morning. I’ve decided to place training notes in my separate training log to keep this thread clutter free and to the point of the dietary issue. This will be day 4 of all the meatz. Carb cravings have subsided. Family ate Chinese food around me last night and I didn’t even care, just went and grabbed a can of yellowfin lol. Twilight zone.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take that back, I just caught a glimpse of the leftovers in the fridge and my stomach moaned like a cheap whore.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doing good bro, it gets a bit easier. You are building discipline and new habits.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feeling the transition today that’s for sure. I will probably put a day in between sessions for the next week or two to allow for recovery until my body is acclimated to this new endeavor.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But did you put the eggs and bacon on the burgers??

Also, can you use condiments like low-sugar ketchup, Mayo, mustard?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But did you put the eggs and bacon on the burgers??

Also, can you use condiments like low-sugar ketchup, Mayo, mustard?
One egg with my breakfast ribeye. One egg and bacons on my burgers.

I’ve used no condiments at all. I did put a dab of honey in my tea yesterday and it was fucking amazing. Trying to be as strict as possible out of the gate.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn I hadn’t really thought about that. Because obviously that stuff can fit in keto, but definitely isn’t animals lol

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really want to trt this, but it seems like it could get pretty expensive pretty quickly. Especially as much as I love steaks and burgers!!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really want to trt this, but it seems like it could get pretty expensive pretty quickly. Especially as much as I love steaks and burgers!!
Depends how heavy you’re trying to be. If using it to lean out and in conjunction with some calorie restriction, it can be justifiable. Like if you fast in the mornings, have a plate of eggs, and throw down a $13 ribeye at night, you can eat for ~$100/wk. But that’s getting pretty low in calories & protein.

If you want to get huge like Mike Matarazzo, you better make friends with a butcher, buy whole animals, or do your share of hunting.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
eggs and milk are really cheap at least
Depends how heavy you’re trying to be. If using it to lean out and in conjunction with some calorie restriction, it can be justifiable. Like if you fast in the mornings, have a plate of eggs, and throw down a $13 ribeye at night, you can eat for ~$100/wk. But that’s getting pretty low in calories & protein.

If you want to get huge like Mike Matarazzo, you better make friends with a butcher, buy whole animals, or do your share of hunting.
Too early for me to say yet in regards to price, but regardless, it can always be made financially viable. I will say that hunger/feeding has been drastically different the typical 9-5 diet and eating patterns. I’ve read some people only eat one massive meal on this. Time will tell I suppose but I think I’m the end @Hyde nailed it, more is more.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never had liver
It’s quite terrible. I hated it as a kid and I retain these feelings currently. Haggis and liver are two things that can get fukt 🤣. But seriously, it took all I had to shove this down my gullet. It had been many moons since I’ve had liver, my palate is changed drastically over the years and I was hoping this to be the case. Not so. I have no problem with heart, tongue, nuts, et al. I’ll be getting some Rocky Mountain oysters soon as well. But liver…. It is evil and must be destroyed by heavily methylated orals.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s quite terrible. I hated it as a kid and I retain these feelings currently. Haggis and liver are two things that can get fukt 🤣. But seriously, it took all I had to shove this down my gullet. It had been many moons since I’ve had liver, my palate is changed drastically over the years and I was hoping this to be the case. Not so. I have no problem with heart, tongue, nuts, et al. I’ll be getting some Rocky Mountain oysters soon as well. But liver…. It is evil and must be destroyed by heavily methylated orals.
Thanks for the feedback. I remember trying some at a buffet once & hating it, but it was a buffet so I figured that probably wasn’t a fair way to judge it. But something about it seemed nasty down to the core of the meat.

I get that some carnivore purists will advocate for all the nutrition from diet same as hardcore vegans, but there are vegan bodybuilders blasting drugs too and you’re taking synthetic hormones as well so surely all of your nutrition doesn’t have to be naturally obtained It was worth a try, but zinc and b complex are cheap lol

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the feedback. I remember trying some at a buffet once & hating it, but it was a buffet so I figured that probably wasn’t a fair way to judge it. But something about it seemed nasty down to the core of the meat.

I get that some carnivore purists will advocate for all the nutrition from diet same as hardcore vegans, but there are vegan bodybuilders blasting drugs too and you’re taking synthetic hormones as well so surely all of your nutrition doesn’t have to be naturally obtained It was worth a try, but zinc and b complex are cheap lol
supposedly most of testosterone is derived from soy. so all the people blasting test are soy boys (heard it from more plates more dates Joe Rogan podcast)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
supposedly most of testosterone is derived from soy. so all the people blasting test are soy boys (heard it from more plates more dates Joe Rogan podcast)
Lol sign me up - I have no problem admitting I can’t do what I have without drugs. Some guys worry so much about how a lift is done, what a guy took, how big he had to get, or what equipment he used.

I just want to do the lift - to feel it, to be in that moment with it! And I love to watch others lift, regardless of equipment or drugs, because I know what it feels like to be in that battle. It makes you feel truly alive.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I must know: are nuts full of jazz?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
18: 6 oz elk tenderloin, 3 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 oxtail broth, 3 tiger prawns, 8 oz pork belly, 10 oz lamb

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Buffet, restaurant in Dubai, homeless shelter… it doesnt matter. Can’t hide that stanky richness 🤣

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol sign me up - I have no problem admitting I can’t do what I have without drugs. Some guys worry so much about how a lift is done, what a guy took, how big he had to get, or what equipment he used.

I just want to do the lift - to feel it, to be in that moment with it! And I love to watch others lift, regardless of equipment or drugs, because I know what it feels like to be in that battle. It makes you feel truly alive.
Phew, glad I only blast trest.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Day 7. Body weight 218 this morn. Many naysayers at work said I would get fat, not poop, and have a heart attack lol. Not looking so thus far. I love a little fuel for my fire

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 7. Body weight 218 this morn. Many naysayers at work said I would get fat, not poop, and have a heart attack lol. Not looking so thus far. I love a little fuel for my fire
The lack of understanding of energy balance by like 80% of people is astounding.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol. Yeah I have been slacking. I’ll get back to biz

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So how are you feeling? Any change in energy level, strength in the gym, etc? Anything negative you’re experiencing?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So how are you feeling? Any change in energy level, strength in the gym, etc? Anything negative you’re experiencing?
Feeling pretty damn amazing really! The first few days were hard, mild lethargy, carb cravings, restlessness due to carb cravings, gut biome changes, and a bit edgy due to all of the above.

Finally acclimating I feel like. Ketosis has been reached, my body has shown me much in regards to fat intake and energy production. Now it is known in mind and body.

I am down 6 lbs since starting, leaning out, yet my strength is still there. I have my separate training log going that I’ve had for years to keep this thread clutter free and maintain consistency within that log. Give it a peek if you like, the numbers are there.

SkRaw85 Training Log

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
21: 4 eggs, 1/2 lb sausage, 1 lb gyro meat, 1/2 lb lamb

The night is young. I will edit this if I consume more. Currently maxed out lol.

Edit: ate another 1/4 lb gyro meat and 1 cup bone broth.

IMG_7873.JPG

(I didn’t eat the olives or lemons FYI)

Last edited: