Cardarine (GW 501516) Only Cycle Log

MFS

Awards
Hello everyone,

I am starting a log of my cycle of Cardarine. I haven’t seen too many logs of a stand-alone Cardarine cycle for my own research, so I figured I’d start one for myself and log about it for:
1. My own reference looking back
2. For anyone else interested in doing a Cardarine stand-alone cycle
Reasons I’m doing only GW is solely financial (because I won’t have to also buy the PCT as the end of the cycle).
I probably wouldn’t be able to post everyday, and maybe not even every other day, but I will ensure that I do a weekly post every Sunday. However, I will do my best to post as often as possible.
I will also, in addition at the end of the cycle, post a before and after photo (again, for a reference).

My current stats are:
•Weight: 197
•Height: 5’11”
•BF: 19% (via online Navy Calculator)

My training will be doing the Strongman 5/3/1 Program, weight training 3 days per week and fasted cardio every morning, excluding Sunday.

Current stats for said program (beltless):
•Strict OHP: 165lbs
•BB Front Squat: 315lbs
•BB Clean: 205lbs
•Conventional Deadlift: 485lbs
•3-mile run time: 22:00

Note: only posting this for logging purposes. Cardarine is primarily used for endurance and fat loss assistance, not necessarily for strength. However, it may help via its endurance benefits (mostly seen through cardio though). I do run and lift consistently, so the endurance boost that I may or may not see should be able to easily be felt and recorded. I have cut before (total collective pounds lost in the past: 70lbs), so being able to see the “fat melt off” (as other users of GW have posted before) should also be easily viewed and recorded.

My diet will be as follows:

Calories: 2100/day
Protein: 240g
Carbs: 180g
Fats: 46g

Meal #1:
•Ground lean turkey and egg whites
•Whole Oatmeal

Meal #2:
•Whey Protein w/ 1% Milk

Meal #3:
•Grilled Chicken Salad (lettuce, avocado, cheese, beans, vinegar/oil)

Meal #4:
•Canned Tuna
•Greek Yogurt w/ whole almonds

Meal #5:
•IIFYM for the remaining macros
Reason being simply because my wife likes to cook

My dosing of GW will start at 10 mg/day. Why? Research purposes and the fact that I’ve never ran a GW cycle. I’ll dose it at 10mg/day for the first 8 weeks and annotate the results. During the second 8 weeks, I’ll bump to 20mg/day and run for another 8 weeks.
The only supplementation that I’ll be taking with this cycle is:
•Whey protein
•Universal Nutrition Creatine
•Universal Nutrition Animal Pak, Powdered

I’ll take a before picture, halfway picture (at end of 8 week mark) and a final after picture.

I’m starting December 31st and plan to end April 22nd timeframe.
If you have any tips you may like to share, or simply would just like to add your own motivation, feel free.

Anyways, stay tuned if you’d like. Should be a nice ride.

-Mountains_From_Stone, aka MFS

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd, I'm interested in running this compound as well for 8 weeks.

MFS

Awards
So, my starting stats as of this morning are:
•Weight: 194.8lbs
•Abdominal Measurement: 37.5”
•Neck Measurement: 15.75”
•BF Estimate: 21%

1E9C68BF-2636-4429-A7B2-27B3C7EFEE21.jpeg

MFS

Awards
Today is Day 4 of my 16 week cycle.
Just a quick update:

Not really too many changes to body composition or endurance, but it hasn’t even been a week yet, so I’m not worried. I’ve heard that it on average takes about 2 weeks to notice anything.

Diet for the most part has been good. I haven’t been able to follow my diet program that I laid out in my first post yet, just because I haven’t been able to get to the store and buy everything. The only thing I haven’t really been eating was the Greek Yogurt, Almonds and Tuna.

Workout program has been going well so far. Haven’t been able to run as much as I’d like because of work, but I’ve been making sure I got into the gym for weights.

KIDkavali

KIDkavali

Awards
You should still get results at 10mg a day but in my own experience 20mg is optimum for endurance and fat loss and is best dosed all at once 30mins before workout. In your case it would be best to take it before your fasted cardio. Good luck

MFS

Awards
Week One review:

Weighed in yesterday morning at 196.8. Normally I’d be concerned about gaining weight during a cut, however my waist size has gone down a little, so all in all, not really concerned about what the scale says currently.

This next week is going to be hectic with work, so fitting time in for both running and lifting is going to be unlikely (on same days that is). But I definitely will do my best to do so.
Diet is getting stricter this week because I was finally able to make it to the store to shop for what I needed.

MFS

Awards
I want to thank everyone who is following this thread and I definitely appreciate all of the support.

A quick update:

I’ve only been able to hit the gym Monday. Haven’t been able to run or lift besides that this week because of work (I’m at work at 3:30am and leave work at 8:30pm). I’ve managed to do a quick 15-20 minute HIIT every morning so I can do my best to stay on track. After this week is over, it’ll be a much slower pace environment for me, so I’m ready for that lol

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Received my bottle today and took the first cap about 3 hours ago.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I want to thank everyone who is following this thread and I definitely appreciate all of the support.

A quick update:

I’ve only been able to hit the gym Monday. Haven’t been able to run or lift besides that this week because of work (I’m at work at 3:30am and leave work at 8:30pm). I’ve managed to do a quick 15-20 minute HIIT every morning so I can do my best to stay on track. After this week is over, it’ll be a much slower pace environment for me, so I’m ready for that lol
How’s it going?

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
Bump.

How is cardarine going?

Any news about cancer studies?

I want to use it also but concerned

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another member is using cardarine along with nolva/clomid for pct.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Bump.

How is cardarine going?

That cancer study was done on rats who were given massive doses over a long period.......a massive dose of water can kill you. That study is a complete irrelevance

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to highjack the thread but finished mine yesterday at 2 caps, from OL. Noticed fat loss and endurance, on my next run which probably will be during PCT a few things will be done differently.

Overall very pleased.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Bump.

How is cardarine going?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/293236-gw-way-go-2.html

^there's some info in that thread about some flawed understanding of the dosing involved... some of the companies try to extrapolate the data without accounting for the difference in how different species metabolize things differently.

EDIT:

http://www.ergo-log.com/calculatethehumandosage.html

^here's the article, for those that don't wanna dig through the old thread....

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I've been getting some really good cutting results from using Apple Cider vinegar along with Cardarine, has anyone else tried this

Robert11

Awards
That cancer study was done on rats who were given massive doses over a long period.......a massive dose of water can kill you. That study is a complete irrelevance
But that study was the basis of why the trials got dropped and the maker abandoned any further study to bring to market. So I would not be so quick to dismiss it.

Hyenakiss

Awards
What happened to this log? I’m very curious to see his results. Did he ever post the 8 week picture?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe the dude got cancer. How’s it going, friend?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Going out on a limb I’d guess the results were not really noticeable and the dude got bored.

I think gw is an interesting compound and it’s a lovely complement to various stacks but as a stand-alone id suggest some of the better natty products out there would have a more noticeable impact....

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
I really want to run it for a month for its endurance properties but the cancer concerns has kept me from purchasing it

But is it a temptation

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I really want to run it for a month for its endurance properties but the cancer concerns has kept me from purchasing it

But is it a temptation
I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, but I genuinely feel that the cancer risk is low if you use this for a short time period like that....

the study was a pretty high dose and a long time period, so as long as you're not taking this for years, I kinda assume that this wouldn't be a legit concern, unless you are already high risk for certain kinds of cancer.

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
I'm not trying to sway you one way or the other, but I genuinely feel that the cancer risk is low if you use this for a short time period like that....

the study was a pretty high dose and a long time period, so as long as you're not taking this for years, I kinda assume that this wouldn't be a legit concern, unless you are already high risk for certain kinds of cancer.
What is your take for 1 month on/off?

Has anyone see real world experiences from guys getting cancer?

It is out for how long?10-15 years?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried cardarine and the endurance increase was cool and all but no matter how serious the cancer risk is I couldn’t justify taking it any longer because in my opinion a 10% endurance increase isn’t worth any cancer risk at all, even if the risk is minimal.

But you are your own man so you’ll ultimately decide for yourself. My advice is to only run it once if your gonna run it at all. Don’t get caught up running it all the time. There’s a reason the pharmaceutical company gave up on it.

Good luck.

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
I tried cardarine and the endurance increase was cool and all but no matter how serious the cancer risk is I couldn’t justify taking it any longer because in my opinion a 10% endurance increase isn’t worth any cancer risk at all, even if the risk is minimal.

But you are your own man so you’ll ultimately decide for yourself. My advice is to only run it once if your gonna run it at all. Don’t get caught up running it all the time. There’s a reason the pharmaceutical company gave up on it.

Good luck.
Was the endurance increase only 10%??

No way it worths any risk for just 10%

Thanks but no thanks for so minor difference

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the endurance increase only 10%??

No way it worths any risk for just 10%

Thanks but no thanks for so minor difference
10% is a rough estimate but the point is that the increase was obviously there but not mind blowing. It’ll give a modest boost but won’t turn you into a cardio machine.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
But that study was the basis of why the trials got dropped and the maker abandoned any further study to bring to market. So I would not be so quick to dismiss it.
Some rats had cancer cell proliferation with just 3mg over two years and I believe 80% of all rats ended the two years with some sort of cancer growth. Not to mention birth dysfunctions in pregnant rats. With that being said, I’m on a cardarine cycle right now lol. Compromises.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Some rats had cancer cell proliferation with just 3mg over two years and I believe 80% of all rats ended the two years with some sort of cancer growth. Not to mention birth dysfunctions in pregnant rats. With that being said, I’m on a cardarine cycle right now lol. Compromises.
3mg relative to the size of a rat is a huge dose.....

Also running it in pct, no question I feel to benefits.

I don’t run it long term, just a 4 week blast.

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
At least you can not get pregnant so there will be no birth dysfunctions.

I look at it from the bright side.lol

Have you tried it before weight lifting?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah but carbs provide energy when upping the tempo_Or not?

How do you substitute that?
The human body is more efficient at burning fats as it’s primary energy source then carbs. We’ve been led to believe a lot of myths about carbs. There are plenty of athletic/fit people who eat ketogenic and some extremists who eat a carnivore diet. However, I still eat a balanced diet with plenty of carbs but I do believe in the effectiveness of cutting carbs out.

Netflix has a documentary about all the awesome benefits of a ketogenic diet. It’s called “The Magic Pill.”

And if you want to learn about the carnivore diet then watch Dr. Shawn Baker get interviewed on Joe Rogan’s podcast. It’s on YouTube.

This is fascinating stuff even if it doesn’t make you change your lifestyle.

Kostas007

Kostas007

Awards
The human body is more efficient at burning fats as it’s primary energy source then carbs. We’ve been led to believe a lot of myths about carbs. There are plenty of athletic/fit people who eat ketogenic and some extremists who eat a carnivore diet. However, I still eat a balanced diet with plenty of carbs but I do believe in the effectiveness of cutting carbs out.

Netflix has a documentary about all the awesome benefits of a ketogenic diet. It’s called “The Magic Pill.”

And if you want to learn about the carnivore diet then watch Dr. Shawn Baker get interviewed on Joe Rogan’s podcast. It’s on YouTube.

This is fascinating stuff even if it doesn’t make you change your lifestyle.
Thanks bruh

Knowledge is power

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Yeah but carbs provide energy when upping the tempo_Or not?

How do you substitute that?
I agree with what YoungThor said. Also according to old research studies, if you’re on cardarine your body is more adept at burning fat for energy. Carbs are only hindering you in the long run

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
At least you can not get pregnant so there will be no birth dysfunctions.

I look at it from the bright side.lol

Have you tried it before weight lifting?
I usually take it first thing in the morning but I still feel it’s effects hours later when I’m at the gym. I don’t even need a pre workout, I just go hard from the start

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
What is your take for 1 month on/off?

Has anyone see real world experiences from guys getting cancer?

It is out for how long?10-15 years?
I guess I would use it less often... at least a 1:2 (or greater) ratio....

plenty of guys use it to improve their lipids in PCT for a month or so.

other use it in a cutting cycle.

I also know guys who use it in the summer when they do more recreational running, cycling, etc.

but I would not use it a lot, unless your life (military, etc) or job (athlete, etc) depends on it.

EDIT:

if you haven't done so, I'd suggest skimming through this to get a better understand...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/35-older/293236-gw-way-go.html

^there's some info in that thread about some flawed understanding of the dosing involved... some of the companies try to extrapolate the data without accounting for the difference in how different species metabolize things differently.

EDIT:

http://www.ergo-log.com/calculatethehumandosage.html

^here's the article, for those that don't wanna dig through the old thread....

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with what YoungThor said. Also according to old research studies, if you’re on cardarine your body is more adept at burning fat for energy. Carbs are only hindering you in the long run
But it's also supposed to increase glycose uptake to skeletal muscle. Or am I wrong?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Why didn't you consider MK677? If you can deal with hunger sides and run at a deficit or maintenance you'll see fantastic recomp effects over 4 months.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why didn't you consider MK677? If you can deal with hunger sides and run at a deficit or maintenance you'll see fantastic recomp effects over 4 months.
I heard that you can experience recomp effects with mk677 even if your diet and exercise regimen stays the same. But eating in a deficit will definitely give you the best results, if you can deal with the hunger like you said.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
But it's also supposed to increase glycose uptake to skeletal muscle. Or am I wrong?
Correct. However it may be at the expense of fat loss. Diet depends on your goals. Rule of thumb, try not to combine carbs with high-fat meals at the same time

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Have you taken mk677? I’m interested, would you say the #1 side effect is hunger?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Have you taken mk677? I’m interested, would you say the #1 side effect is hunger?
hunger and water retention, when I took it.

hunger from the increased stomach motility (from the grehin mimetic) and increased water retention from the increased aldosterone (from the hGH effect)