Canadianrookie's Log

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Hello all!

First I'd like to say thanks again to Bobo for his hard work putting this together!

I started on Sunday but between my little girl and a server crash at work I haven't had time to write anything down.

Some starting info and background for anyone who would like to know.
I've always had a problem with my weight but kindof had it under control when I was in high-school. I was a lot more active then with the mandatory gym classes and then a part of the wrestling team for after hours and plenty of weight training. My last year of high-school I broke my ankle in a hiking accident (or act of stupidity...) I felt the weight pack on and knew it wasn't a good thing. As soon as the ankle had recovered enough I started weight training again to get back into a decent shape. That lasted for about 10 months and was in great shape! Thats when the floor fell out of my will power and it started to slide. I took my first desk-job... quit going to the gym and from there the pounds just flew on. From then till now I've tried more then a couple half-ass attempts to get back into shape but have had real troubles sticking to any of them, constantly coming up with excuses...
I'm now 26 and just a few short months ago I was diagnoised with Type II diabetes. It's taken me a little while to get over the pity party and stop crying 'why me?'. I know exactly why and I know what I need to do to fix it before it's too late. Thanks to Bobo I believe I now have the tools I need to get the job done, so here we go!!

Sunday March 18/07:
Weigh in (will be checking weekly) = 266lbs
Blood Sugar - 18mmol/L

Diet = Wow..... had real trouble eating everything. Not used to this much food. Also the oats are a little difficult to swallow. Missed Meals 3 & 4 because of a work incident and I hadn't planned ahead enough to prepare the meals ahead of time.

Workout = Got half-way through the workout when the phone rang. Server crash and had to go in to work.

Vitamins = Started taking all of the vitamins and minerals. Could not find Green Tea in caps. form. Not taking ECA just yet.

Blood Sugar @ end of day = 16mmol/L

Monday March 19/07:
Blood Sugar = 20mmol/L

Diet = After asking on the forums added cinnimon to the Oats. Helped a little bit. Added a little bit of splenda to make them more paletable. Missed Meal #3. Was too full and could not eat it.

Workout = Great! starting slowly to guage weights. Had alot of trouble getting the pull ups done. Had to stop trying because I was running out of time.

Vitamins = Found Green Tea. Everything else going good!

Blood Sugar @ end of day = 11mmol/L

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
you gatta eat man. Even if you don't want to or your not hungry. truth is you'll almost never be hungry if you eat right.

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Thanks bud :D I'm trying to eat everything ;)

Tuesday March 20/07
Blood Sugar = 12 mmol/L

Diet = Ate all my meals... had to procrastinate and wait 3 1/2 hours between meal 3 and 4 though ;)

Workout = Slept in and missed AM cardio. Had to do the cardio in the evening =(

Vitamins = Discovered that I do not like the taste of flaxseed by itself. Will be masking it with a Vitamin C drink :)

All in all I feel it was a good day!
Days end Blood Sugar = 10 mmol/L

Wednesday March 21, 07

Blood Sugar = 11mmol/L
Starting to feel a little bloated and quite gassy.

Diet = Getting used to the ammount of food now! Didn't miss a meal.

Workout = God it feels good to lift again, it's a times like this I wonder how I got so lazy and quit lifting in the first place.

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Thursday March 21/07
Blood Sugar = 9mmol/L

Diet = Didn't miss a meal, meal 6 was a little late though, got caught up with work and lost track of the time, before I knew it it was 1:30 am. I'm never hungry through the day

Workout = GREAT leg workout! Lunge technique was sloppy... honestly the first time I've done them

Still feeling pretty bloated and gassy, I'm guessing this is normal considering the fibre I've been eating

DougMan

Awards
Thursday March 21/07
Workout = GREAT leg workout! Lunge technique was sloppy... honestly the first time I've done them
I was the same way when I started, I hated lunges because they felt so awkward. By week 4 I was loving them and now I actually look forward to them. Bobo gave me a helpful tip in that he said don't try to shorten or lengthen your stride, just do what is natural and go from there. At first I was trying to step way way out and it was just not necessary.

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
I was the same way when I started, I hated lunges because they felt so awkward. By week 4 I was loving them and now I actually look forward to them. Bobo gave me a helpful tip in that he said don't try to shorten or lengthen your stride, just do what is natural and go from there. At first I was trying to step way way out and it was just not necessary.
hmmmm makes great sense!! Thanks I'll try that!!

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Well this weekend was fuxed...... Got called to go outta country for last minute work on Friday and only had enough food prepped to last unti Saturday afternoon. The bright side is that they had a nice gym at the hotel I was at so at least that didn't suffer.

Saturday / Sunday.
Weight @ 264
blood sugar @ 9 mmol/L
Diet = :(

Workout = Great!! Was able to stick to the plan 100%

Vitamins = Thank god for those pill dividers, Had them pre-stocked so it lasted the whole weekend.

One thing I just realized is that I never took body measurements. Where should I be taking them?:food:

Measurements:
Chest - 48"
Arm - 15"
Waist - 48 1/4"
Thigh - 26"

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this weekend was fuxed...... Got called to go outta country for last minute work on Friday and only had enough food prepped to last unti Saturday afternoon. The bright side is that they had a nice gym at the hotel I was at so at least that didn't suffer.

Saturday / Sunday.
Weight @ 264
blood sugar @ 9 mmol/L
Diet = :(

Workout = Great!! Was able to stick to the plan 100%

Vitamins = Thank god for those pill dividers, Had them pre-stocked so it lasted the whole weekend.

One thing I just realized is that I never took body measurements. Where should I be taking them?:food:
Still down 2lbs...

:dance:

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Still down 2lbs...

:dance:
I agree bud! If I've lost 2lbs and seen a radical decrease in Blood sugar level and I'm still not 100% on the whole plan it's certainly motivation to knuckle down harder in the next couple weeks! ;)

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Adjusting to the food intake was the same for me. Really though when you start to find your feet with the ratios, you will almost have a connection with your muscles, and an understanding that if you dont eat, tomorrows workout will be much harder !

Good stuff on the loss matey !

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Another week down, my energy levels are way up. Feeling pretty good too.

Weight = 264lbs
Blood Sugar = 8.3mmol/L

Didn't see a change in weight this week, Also I have measurements that I'll be posting when I get home.
I'm thinking I will be adding the eca stack for week 4

Measurments:
Chest - 47 1/2"
Arm - 15"
Waist - 48"
Thigh - 25 3/4"

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Hey, been a busy couple of weeks. I got sent out of the country to work in our global offices.
Did you know it's hard to buy whole grain bagles and cottage cheese in Dubai ;)

The gym at the hotel was fabulously stocked! However I must not have done as well as I thought I had if the tape measure is any indication.

Weight = 265lbs
Blood Sugar = 8mmol/L

Measurements
Chest = 47"
Arm = 15 1/2"
Belly = 48"
Thigh = 26"

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like you are at that line where msucle gain takes over, fat loss is reduced. I will make some change when I get back. I'm getting over a stomach virus then I have to drive back home (1200 miles). SHould be a couple days.

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Sounds good to me bud!
I feel great and my blood sugar was at 7.9 last night (normal range is 4-7mmol/L) So I'll eagerly apply any changes you recommend!

canadianrookie

canadianrookie

Awards
Gotta sneak on while at work to post :p
Weight = 263lbs
Blood Sugar = 7.7mmol/L (this is amazing... our cities diabetes doctors and dieticians said I would never get here without perscription drugs... which I stoped taking when I started Bobo's plan cause they made me feel funky)

Measurements
Chest = 47"
Arm = 15 3/4" (these are feeling better then ever!!)
Belly = 48"
Thigh = 25 1/4"