Calling out PES and USPLabs

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok for the longest time I have been begging for more fruit flavored proteins. I don't know where the notion came from that all pre-workouts must be some great fruit flavor and all protein powders must be thick, milkshake type flavors. Of course there are exceptions (XF artic lemonade comes to mind) but to my knowledge no quality blends are offered in fruit flavors.

Now I have used multiple tubs of OEP and Select and love both (Strawberry cheesecake OEP is out of this world). However, with summer coming around the corner, why not release some really bomb fruit flavored protein? Why not make a strawberry kiwi, raspberry lemonade, etc. protein that was clear and not very thick that could be mixed up with some ice cold water and be completely refreshing and delicious. I know both of ya'll are perfectly capable of making an awesome flavored fruit product as many of your fat burners, pres, etc. already do this. Why not do it with protein?

I don't know about everyone else, but the last damn thing I want in the middle of summer on some 90+ degree day after a brutal workout is to go chug some thick, heavy, dessert flavored protein. The thought of it makes me want to puke. I would much rather have something ice cold, refreshing, and light Caribbean cooler type protein drink. The ISOPURE RTDS do a great job at this but they are expensive as all hell and only whey.

If any companies can do it the two of yall can. The world already has 1000s of chocolates, pb, vanilla, C&C, etc. Lets switch it up a bit.

Hell Chef bob can even make some jello concoctions or cocktails with it

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
They would most likely have to be isolates, as blends appear to be inherently thick. PES, given the Select write up, doesn't appear to have their eyes set on an isolate (just speculation of course).

Sales are also most likely much better with the generic flavors.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They would most likely have to be isolates, as blends appear to be inherently thick. PES, given the Select write up, doesn't appear to have their eyes set on an isolate (just speculation of course).

Yeah I understand the thickness. But even Torrent was thick and still an incredible fruit flavor. I have a hard time believing a really good fruit flavor wouldn't produce some decent sales

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the feedback.

I am subscribed to monitor interest. For us to release a brand new flavour we need a lot of demand. :)

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the feedback.

I am subscribed to monitor interest. For us to release a brand new flavour we need a lot of demand. :)
I understand completely. I was just hoping to possibly drum up some interest. I think it would be something pretty cool and unique that not many do

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for a new "You Pick the Next Flavor of Select" thread which is 100 pages long lol.

..... and ends with me having to go through every single post in the thread to tally the answers. That was not fun.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Have you tried Nectar by Syntrax? I never have, but most of the protein I buy is Syntrax and in the store all the different fruit tubs stare me in the face lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ok for the longest time I have been begging for more fruit flavored proteins. I don't know where the notion came from that all pre-workouts must be some great fruit flavor and all protein powders must be thick, milkshake type flavors. Of course there are exceptions (XF artic lemonade comes to mind) but to my knowledge no quality blends are offered in fruit flavors.

Now I have used multiple tubs of OEP and Select and love both (Strawberry cheesecake OEP is out of this world). However, with summer coming around the corner, why not release some really bomb fruit flavored protein? Why not make a strawberry kiwi, raspberry lemonade, etc. protein that was clear and not very thick that could be mixed up with some ice cold water and be completely refreshing and delicious. I know both of ya'll are perfectly capable of making an awesome flavored fruit product as many of your fat burners, pres, etc. already do this. Why not do it with protein?

I don't know about everyone else, but the last damn thing I want in the middle of summer on some 90+ degree day after a brutal workout is to go chug some thick, heavy, dessert flavored protein. The thought of it makes me want to puke. I would much rather have something ice cold, refreshing, and light Caribbean cooler type protein drink. The ISOPURE RTDS do a great job at this but they are expensive as all hell and only whey.

If any companies can do it the two of yall can. The world already has 1000s of chocolates, pb, vanilla, C&C, etc. Lets switch it up a bit.

Hell Chef bob can even make some jello concoctions or cocktails with it
Most pre workouts dont have any macronutrient base and so flavouring is very different to flavouring something with protein, fat or carbs.

I wouldnt buy anything fruity apart from the standard milkshake flavours as I mix mine in full cream milk.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Primordial had a product similar to what you are asking for. I forget the name but I think it was like pepto protein or something. That stuff was $$$. Only like 10g per scoop and was a small tub but stuff was great. Really miss it. I see a few companies make fruit proteins but I haven't tried them. I prefer my milk shake type because I add ice cream and everything else.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried Nectar by Syntrax? I never have, but most of the protein I buy is Syntrax and in the store all the different fruit tubs stare me in the face lol
There it is. One of the ones I was thinking of. I haven't used it but they have all the fruity flavors.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would totally dig an orange cream!! Or a key lime would be money

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think a blueberry with cream or something would be amazing.
I was leaning towards blueberry muffin or something along those lines (mostly because I figure it will sell better to average people)

But anything blueberry is what I want. :thumbsup:

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I was leaning towards blueberry muffin or something along those lines (mostly because I figure it will sell better to average people)

But anything blueberry is what I want. :thumbsup:
That has my vote.

Sounds amazing. I eat blueberries like skittles

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Given the blend in OxyELITE Protein I don't foresee any kind of juice-like flavors ever happening. Orange cream does sound great, and you can make that now by simply mixing some vanilla ice cream OxyELITE Protein up with OJ.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Im thinking

Pina Colada Coconut PES Select
Candy Cane Deluxe (Christmas Edition)

and these

White Choc Macadamia
Choc Honey Comb
Rainbow Ice Cream
Jam Cream Doughnut
Sweet Ginger Bread Men and Candy (Christmas Edition)
-
Choc Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Limited Edition, with added crushed oatmeal bits, Select Bulking Edition)

also i would suggest a Limited Edition Bulking version of Select with carbs added

Jakey

Awards
In for a new "You Pick the Next Flavor of Select" thread which is 100 pages long lol.

..... and ends with me having to go through every single post in the thread to tally the answers. That was not fun.
Couldn't you just set up a poll using an external website? Lulz. :D

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couldn't you just set up a poll using an external website? Lulz. :D
We had a poll once the popular flavours emerged. In the beginning it was a free for all.

We has about a billion peanut butter flavours with only slight variations lol.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for a new "You Pick the Next Flavor of Select" thread which is 100 pages long lol. ..... and ends with me having to go through every single post in the thread to tally the answers. That was not fun.
I'll tag along for this as well. :)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I was leaning towards blueberry muffin or something along those lines (mostly because I figure it will sell better to average people) But anything blueberry is what I want. :thumbsup:
Blueberry Pie a la mode.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Here come all the blueberry addicts again. I don't understand why BB AminoIV is so much less popular than CL with you guys around.

To the point where retailers are charging less for BB flavour lol, I know Orbit is.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This..
Just because a consumer wants it does not mean it will sell to the masses.
Fruit flavors are the least popular sellers on the market, not to mention on the market with the cost of raw materials protein products do not make much money if any money at all. they are great for marketing and getting the companies name out there, but lets be honest many companies do not make much off the product alone especially if you are meeting label claims and have a "Filler" Free product that if tested by a 3rd party vendor would come back correct.

Some people love banana, some hate it, so a majority would never invest in it and therefore collect dust.

While variety is the key to life (do not get me wrong) the problem is, sales.. like Aaron says.. Choc/Vanilla are original flavors and will always be the #1/#2 seller on the market.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Chocolate and vanilla are actually my least purchased proteins, lol.

CnC, cookie dough, cake batter, Smores, Rocky road, cinnamon varieties, banana.

Of course I keep chocolate on hand for recipes and frostings but in a shake I prefer something more unique.

That being said I am not a fruit flavour fan, banana is as far as I go.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Given the blend in OxyELITE Protein I don't foresee any kind of juice-like flavors ever happening. Orange cream does sound great, and you can make that now by simply mixing some vanilla ice cream OxyELITE Protein up with OJ.

Too many carbs that way.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Also its pretty easy to just blend some fruit in with a vanilla to get any of those flavours

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Nectar brand is ****in awesome. Exactly what your asking for. I use to pick up loose packets for about $1.

I would like to see flavors such as: pasion fruit, mango, pinacolada etc.... None of this creme bull****.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately, I refuse to support syntrax after they tried to sue all the forum members years back. I guess I will stick to xtreme formulations artic lemonade whey

I think people would change their minds if they ever had a decent fruit flavored shake. The old ergopharm flavors were amazing

Either way looking like a list cause

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unfortunately, I refuse to support syntrax after they tried to sue all the forum members years back. I guess I will stick to xtreme formulations artic lemonade whey

I think people would change their minds if they ever had a decent fruit flavored shake. The old ergopharm flavors were amazing

What??? When was this?!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Bingo.....
This guy knows their shady

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone remember the old Ergopharm GF Pro I think it was called? Dreamsicle and Raspberry Lemonade were amazing.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Anyone remember the old Ergopharm GF Pro I think it was called? Dreamsicle and Raspberry Lemonade were amazing.
Stuff was incredible. Cherry, blueberry, Rasp Lemonade, all amazing

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The issue with fruity protein drinks in a user-mixed powder has been brought up a few times in the thread, texture.

The RTD space is about the only place you'll find a lot of varied fruit-flavored protein drinks, Isopure in particular has a ton of flavors.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see syntax has a ton of fruit flavored pro...haven't ever used it nor read really anything negative, is that generally a 'quality' or at least a 'broquality' protein?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see syntax has a ton of fruit flavored pro...haven't ever used it nor read really anything negative, is that generally a 'quality' or at least a 'broquality' protein?
They taste good. Very foamy with the high amounts of citric acid though.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lets go over the reasons Syntrax is a terrible company with some source cited allegations I have every reason to believe are true. If anyone has any reason to believe any of this is untrue, feel free to message me information and I will retract them. (Don't sue me bro)

A). They're received numerous warnings from the FDA:
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm174455.htm
http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2004/ucm146270.htm
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-issues-warning-on-triax/

--

B). They've been sued multiple times by materials suppliers for refusal to pay their bills:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/119940326/1-Main
http://www.scribd.com/doc/119940321/1-3
http://www.scribd.com/doc/119941689/10711809510

--

C). They use patented ingredients without paying the patent holders

http://www.scribd.com/doc/119941687/1071603986
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/arizona/azdce/2:2011cv01965/647058/

--

D). They've been sued repeatedly by customers who have been injured or families of customers who died from lipokinetix

http://harrismartin.com/article/1050/family-sues-lipokinetix-maker-fitness-center-for-womans-death/
http://harrismartin.com/article/853/woman-sues-lipokinetix-manufacturer-for-near-fatal-liver-injury/
http://www.brandilaw.com/CM/Cases/DrugLitigation.asp

They then settled these lawsuits to the tune of millions of dollars, and then used bankruptcy restructuring to dodge any actual financial liability. Screwing their injured customers out of their entitled compensation.

--

F). They illegally imported food products for human consumption that were not designated for or inspected for that purpose

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca8/07-3671/073671p-2011-02-25.html

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]--
[/FONT]
G). They openly flaunted their intent to violate the FDA sales ban on Triax and continue selling it illegally

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/11/12/us/fda-issues-a-health-warning-on-a-weight-loss-supplement.html

--

H). They tried to sue bodybuilding.com and every individual poster who made derogatory statements about the company during the fallout of many of the above actions

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4085043

--

I'd rather eat American Whey's rat-feces infested protein than stoop to buying a syntrax product.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well look at that...so you're a big fan of them, gotch ya...lol ;)

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Biotest has an orange flavor that I've been hooked on for a while. The texture is like fruit water. Idc if everyone hates them, that flavoring is delicious.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Remind me to rep you De__eB :D

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just doing a quick google search on that company i saw some bad vibes from the past.