Calling all experts and company reps!!!!! Help needed!!!

gary2517

Awards
Hey there. Need some expert advice from all the supplement experts/reps on the site. A close friend of mine suffers from a rare heart condition called Long QT.

Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is a rare inherited heart condition in which delayed repolirazation of the heart following a heartbeat increases the risk of episodes of TDP (TDP, a form of irregular heartbeat that originates from the ventricles). These episodes may lead to palpitations, fainting and sudden death due to ventricular fibrillation. Episodes may be provoked by various stimuli, depending on the subtype of the condition.
My friend is a 26 year old female, dedicated to her training (by no means a slacker), but can't stop putting weight on. Thus far, she hasn't wanted to supplement to help her achieve some weight loss goals but has decided to give it a go.

If anybody out there can suggest some supplements to aid in weight loss that contain little or no caffeine or similar stimulants it would be gratefully received. Any suggestions that i am given will be researched and run past her doctor so please don't be afraid to make suggestions for fear of causing harm!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and i hope to hear back from a few of you if you think you can help.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey there. Need some expert advice from all the supplement experts/reps on the site. A close friend of mine suffers from a rare heart condition called Long QT. Long QT syndrome (LQTS) is a rare inherited heart condition in which delayed repolirazation of the heart following a heartbeat increases the risk of episodes of TDP (TDP, a form of irregular heartbeat that originates from the ventricles). These episodes may lead to palpitations, fainting and sudden death due to ventricular fibrillation. Episodes may be provoked by various stimuli, depending on the subtype of the condition. My friend is a 26 year old female, dedicated to her training (by no means a slacker), but can't stop putting weight on. Thus far, she hasn't wanted to supplement to help her achieve some weight loss goals but has decided to give it a go. If anybody out there can suggest some supplements to aid in weight loss that contain little or no caffeine or similar stimulants it would be gratefully received. Any suggestions that i am given will be researched and run past her doctor so please don't be afraid to make suggestions for fear of causing harm!!!! Thanks for taking the time to read my post and i hope to hear back from a few of you if you think you can help.
Getting her diet in check. TTA would be one of the only things I could think of supplement wise, maybe some of the evomuse topicals as well since they target locally instead of systemically. No company rep who wants to keep their position will be able to make a recommendation for your friend besides to speak to her doc. With her condition I wouldn't take anything without talking to the doc about it regardless. Don't mean to come of as an ass but if she can't stop putting on weight then it doesn't matter how dedicated to her training she is; she is not dedicated to her diet and won't make the progress she is looking for until she is. Supplements are not the answer here.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Glad to see you are being cautious and passing things by the doctor.

In this scenario I am not even comfortable suggesting a lot of stim free burners.

Best bet may be single ingredient products, possibly carb blockers. Metabolic Powder by EBF is worth asking about.

I assume she is in a fitness program and eating right? Those are the biggest factors I would look at and honestly all that should be needed.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
GDAs and TTA is going to be their best bet.
Some GDAs:
Recompadrol/Metabolic Powder
Slintensity
Need2Slin
Slin Sane V2
ALCAR + NARALA
ALCAR + NARALA + AGMATINE

Forskolin, Rasberry Ketones (dosed high; 2-3 grams a day)

Agmatine has also shown to have weight reducing properties. I'll have to look up the studies.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
While running it past a doctor is a good idea, be sure that you ask about specific ingredients rather than the name of a product.

Look into:

SNS Green Coffee Bean Extract
Rk-500
DCP 2.0

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
While running it past a doctor is a good idea, be sure that you ask about specific ingredients rather than the name of a product.

Look into:

SNS Green Coffee Bean Extract
Rk-500
DCP 2.0
Most doctors seem to steer clear of recommending supplements that aren't FDA approved or anything that isn't on a script from them. Ingredient lists help big and allow for faster responses within the window they dedicate to helping you out. Go prepared and have a copy if they need to keep it to do further researching. With so much stuff being introduced monthly the lists only keep getting longer and longer.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
He might also benefit from Epicatechin. It's not a fat burner, but it does increase endurance thus allowing him to burn more fat during his gym sessions.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
He might also benefit from Epicatechin. It's not a fat burner, but it does increase endurance thus allowing him to burn more fat during his gym sessions.
Have you given it a Epicatechin a go with regular HIIT? Or even long distance running... Wonder how it would compare to Citrulline, COP, Nitrates, etc.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Have you given it a Epicatechin a go with regular HIIT? Or even long distance running... Wonder how it would compare to Citrulline, COP, Nitrates, etc.
I've been using it in MyoSynergy and incorporating Vince Gironda's 8x8 method to my normal 6 day split. He emphasizes TUT between 40-60 seconds to maximize hypertrophy and less than or equal to 30 seconds of rest. It's basically an endurance workout, so I have three days of endurance and the other three are strength based. I've noticed EPI play a very big role on these 8x8 days. A few notes:

Increased endurance
Increased sweat (probably from the endurance)
Easier time breathing (I'm mildly asthmatic)
Better mind-muscle connection.

I have not tried it with HIIT, but I'm guessing it would be pretty fantastic. I did try it with the battle ropes though and I take it before my combat tactics class and it certainly helps there as well.

And paired with nitrates, the pumps are unbelievable!

EPI product of your choice + 1 gram agmatine + 4 caps KNO3 + GMS = veins having veins of their own.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been using it in MyoSynergy and incorporating Vince Gironda's 8x8 method to my normal 6 day split. He emphasizes TUT between 40-60 seconds to maximize hypertrophy and less than or equal to 30 seconds of rest. It's basically an endurance workout, so I have three days of endurance and the other three are strength based. I've noticed EPI play a very big role on these 8x8 days. A few notes:

Increased endurance
Increased sweat (probably from the endurance)
Easier time breathing (I'm mildly asthmatic)
Better mind-muscle connection.

I have not tried it with HIIT, but I'm guessing it would be pretty fantastic. I did try it with the battle ropes though and I take it before my combat tactics class and it certainly helps there as well.

And paired with nitrates, the pumps are unbelievable!

EPI product of your choice + 1 gram agmatine + 4 caps KNO3 + GMS = veins having veins of their own.
So are you saying epi is worth the price tag?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am hesistant to make any suggestions. She needs to talk to her doctor, not get reccomendations from a website forum.

Pre-existing medical condition combined with a poorly understood supplement could lead to some serious adverse results. For example, what if their is an interaction between a supplement and her medication? Most doctors aren't going to understand the MOA of an OTC herbal extract.

Focus on her diet and training

gary2517

Awards
Guys - thanks for all the feedback there. Loads for me to go back to her with and i'm very thankful for the ideas. i, and she, are always very vigilant with checks against compounds vs medication etc to make sure no crazy **** happens.

I always hit home about the training and diet being most important, to my knowledge its well in check. But all good advice and very welcomed.

Cheers

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You can look into nonstims, but check them with the doctor first. Also have diet in check as well.
Look at Natural EFX

108 Veggie Capsules
Serving Size: 2 Veggie Capsules
Servings Per Container54
Amount Per Serving%DV *
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hcl)4 mg200%
Calcium (Calcium Carbonate)110 mg11%
Chromium (Chromium Picolinate)100 mcg83%
7-Keto Dhea (3-Acetyl-7-Oxo-Dehydroepiandrosterone)25 mg**
Acetyl L Carnitine500 mg
Dandelion Root (Taraxacum Officinale)168 mg**
5-Htp25 mg**
Hoodia Gordonii500 mg**
Alpha Lipoic Acid25 mg**
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Value (%DV) not established.
Other Ingredients:
Flour, Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You can look into nonstims, but check them with the doctor first. Also have diet in check as well.
Look at Natural EFX

108 Veggie Capsules
Serving Size: 2 Veggie Capsules
Servings Per Container54
Amount Per Serving%DV *
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hcl)4 mg200%
Calcium (Calcium Carbonate)110 mg11%
Chromium (Chromium Picolinate)100 mcg83%
7-Keto Dhea (3-Acetyl-7-Oxo-Dehydroepiandrosterone)25 mg**
Acetyl L Carnitine500 mg
Dandelion Root (Taraxacum Officinale)168 mg**
5-Htp25 mg**
Hoodia Gordonii500 mg**
Alpha Lipoic Acid25 mg**
* Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Value (%DV) not established.
Other Ingredients:
Flour, Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule)
this looks promising in this situation.. IFN offers a thyroid support product called tt-33 you can try that as well..
one thing I would mention to the dr, is would any of this hurt her as much if not more than being over weight. there may be less risk to using the supplements to help her reach a goal, than there would be if she remains unhealthy and overweight.