Calculating maintenance kcals

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey all

As most know I am a Crossfit athlete and compete.

I'm looking to shred down some more and improve strength.

How do we calculate kcal intake based on my training?

I have been tinkering with the renaissance diet (nutrient timing basically) but I eat mainly paleo anyway so I know that means jack crap in a sense but could really do with some help as to calculating maintenance calories.

I will post up a pic of a basic training session for you all to comment on. Oh and I may be using an anabolic stack so that will also need to be taken into account.

Trying to manage constant hunger is also a problem.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430366472.808866.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1430366482.438681.jpg

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Why not just follow the info laid out in the Renaissance diet? They explain a way to calculate total kcal intake

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
No not really. They give suggestions but that is for average people. My training isn't average.

I can't have 4 oz protein in 1 meal or 75g carbs intra training. I would be hungry at 1 point and sick during training from all those carbs.

I work best on low carb I.e carbs only post workout but I want to know how my intake should be given my training and goals.

jaces

jaces

Awards
ok in my opinion youcan maintain strength on a low cal diet but you wont realy add strength so 1. whats your main goal and 2.whats your height weight age and ''stack''(the one you mentioned)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
ok in my opinion youcan maintain strength on a low cal diet but you wont realy add strength so 1. whats your main goal and 2.whats your height weight age and ''stack''(the one you mentioned)
5ft 10
85kg
10%
Going 26

Main goal strength and lean out like a mofo

Tr1umph (60mg) + d1methadrol (40mg)

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
14-16kcal/lb roughly gives you your starting point. Get yourself a digital scale and one of the food tracking apps and track what you eat for about 2 weeks and then adjust accordignly.

FYI, xfit isn't "special" training that requires a "special" approach.

jaces

jaces

Awards
yeah ill do what judojosh said.. keep.it simple