chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Question for those smarter than I....

I've been on EC since 3rd week of sept. I sing as a side hobby (seriously) take vocal training, record, etc ....

Literally for the last month I have been unable to sing almlst at all... I am constantly congested and clogged and nasally.

For the first few weeks of EC, I noticed an increase in my lung capacity and volume/ability to project....Now I can't fckin sing for shti.

Can the prolonged use of the expectorant in bronkaid be causing this??

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hows your water intake?

When I take bronkaid my throat usually gets pretty dry and sore and my voice gets scratchy if I dont consume enough water.

My suggestion is to find ephedrine without the expectorant if you wish to continue taking eca

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hows your water intake?

When I take bronkaid my throat usually gets pretty dry and sore and my voice gets scratchy if I dont consume enough water.

My suggestion is to find ephedrine without the expectorant if you wish to continue taking eca
Could be better for sure.. At least half a gallon a day.. Idk where the hell to find it lol. Everything OTC has extra ingredients in it

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't primatine straight ephedrine?
No, they added the same expectorant in bronkaid. Primatene uses ephedrine hcl though whereas bronkaid is ephedrine sulfate and has 25mg per capsule, making it more desirable IMO

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
No, they added the same expectorant in bronkaid. Primatene uses ephedrine hcl though whereas bronkaid is ephedrine sulfate and has 25mg per capsule, making it more desirable IMO
I see. Yeah I've always used Bronkaid for convenience but was unaware that primatine contained the same expectorant. You could always ask Walter white how to extract the ephedrine :p

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see. Yeah I've always used Bronkaid for convenience but was unaware that primatine contained the same expectorant. You could always ask Walter white how to extract the ephedrine :p
Who's that??

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap Ched, how many different things do you take!!!?
Dude! Not that much.. I ask a lot of questions and buy stuff way ahead of time. I swear my stack is very average at the moment!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Primatene has always had more of a stimulant effect for me than Bronkaid. Aren't the by weight ephedrine differences virtually the same in the products?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Primatene has always had more of a stimulant effect for me than Bronkaid. Aren't the by weight ephedrine differences virtually the same in the products?
Yup. There is a difference in the amount but not enough to make a significant difference

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have had 0 throat issues with the expectorant, but I do drink an insane amount of water. Close to a gallon a day (and yes I live in the bathroom, but I'm a water addict).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The kinetics of HCl are superior.

You shouldn't be taking an expectorant too long-term. Even for ephedrine, it has been shown that the b2-receptor is not downregulated in adipose with prolonged use...this may not be true in the trachea.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The kinetics of HCl are superior. You shouldn't be taking an expectorant too long-term. Even for ephedrine, it has been shown that the b2-receptor is not downregulated in adipose with prolonged use...this may not be true in the trachea.
How long is too long~? :)

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Million dollar question here
Lol. I'm talking about the expectorant just to clarify. Pa has been on ec forever it seems like haha. Gotta love it though

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol. I'm talking about the expectorant just to clarify. Pa has been on ec forever it seems like haha. Gotta love it though
Haha I got the expectorant too

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The kinetics of HCl are superior.

You shouldn't be taking an expectorant too long-term. Even for ephedrine, it has been shown that the b2-receptor is not downregulated in adipose with prolonged use...this may not be true in the trachea.
What do you mean in the trachea? I cannot open my soft pallet or push out enough air to sing certain types of notes.. I have NO issue getting the air IN. But my throat just fees SO tight .. It sucks not being able to perform like im used to..this is an acute issue and coincides to when I started using EC

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe what he is saying is that while it may be fine to take ephedrine for a prolonged amount of time (since we know the receptors arent downregulated ) the same can not be said for guaifenesin (the expectorant) since the effects of prolonged use are unknown.

Or in other words he is advising against prolonged guaifenesin use.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe what he is saying is that while it may be fine to take ephedrine for a prolonged amount of time (since we know the receptors arent downregulated ) the same can not be said for guaifenesin (the expectorant) since the effects of prolonged use are unknown.

Or in other words he is advising against prolonged guaifenesin use.
Moral of the story - find straight ephedrine

Via pm coop told me there should t be anything to worry about with 8 weeks of guaifenesin.
I'm at the 8 week mark on Monday, and will push it til New Years. Just wish I could find some straight ephedrine

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Google is your friend. look for overseas vendors

Drock1234

Awards
I thought the body adapts to ephedrine around the 8-12 week mark, so it doesn't burn fat the same. You're just getting the stim at that point.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought the body adapts to ephedrine around the 8-12 week mark, so it doesn't burn fat the same. You're just getting the stim at that point.
Im pretty sure its the opposite. Stim effect begins to diminish but lipolytic effects remain IIRC.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No, what I said is that ephedrine not losing potency in adipose tissue may have a secondary mechanism that does not exist in the trachea. Or it may not.