Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After watching that Paq fight I think Spence would give Broner the worst beating of his life, lol!
it is laughable to compare spence to broner-not even!!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think this is one of those fights that on paper looks one way but its gonna play out differently

Garcia fought Broner and Broner is a natural 147. Sure Broner dropped to 140 to fight him but just imagine the rebound, Broner for sure rebounded up to at least 147. And Broner is a strong, strong guy. For that reason I dont think MIkey will have trouble handling the bigger guy.

But yea you're right both are good and Errol is heavier. If they were both equal in skill Spence wins but I think Garcia is superior to Spence.
because Garcia handled broner does NOT make a case for Garcia beating spence!!!

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course! lol

But the fact that Garcia is a better boxer does make the case for why Garcia will win. Errol Spence's power is overrated. He's only advantage is his weight. Errol Spence barely beat a C level fighter in Kell Brook, Brook is a fighter with poor head movement who stays in the pocket and was severely hurt from his previous fight with GGG. Mikey Garcia is more technically sound that Errol Spence and Spence's only advantage (his weight) wont affect how Garcia will pick him apart and win the decision. Spence has only fought a bunch of tomato cans and Spence is overrated.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Garcia vs Spence Jr. is not a good little man vs good big man type of fight. This fight is a Very very Good Little man vs a good overrated big man.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also, again for the second time read closely. I clearly stated "But yea you're right both are good and Errol is heavier. If they were both equal in skill Spence wins but I think Garcia is superior to Spence."

Nowhere in that sentence did I say anything that resembled "because he beat Broner he will beat Spence Jr." that would've been a stupid argument to make sense we all know styles make fights style A may beat Style B but that doesnt mean Style A can beat style C even is Style B beat Style C.

If you're gonna reply make sure to read my post carefully I dont want to keep wasting my time.

Questions comments or concerns holla at ya boy

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course! lol

But the fact that Garcia is a better boxer does make the case for why Garcia will win. Errol Spence's power is overrated. He's only advantage is his weight. Errol Spence barely beat a C level fighter in Kell Brook, Brook is a fighter with poor head movement who stays in the pocket and was severely hurt from his previous fight with GGG. Mikey Garcia is more technically sound that Errol Spence and Spence's only advantage (his weight) wont affect how Garcia will pick him apart and win the decision. Spence has only fought a bunch of tomato cans and Spence is overrated.
I always liked Brook, I think he is underrated and consider him a B or B- fighter at worst who still needs legit opportunities to prove himself. That GGG fight worried me, he went up a couple weight classes to fight a destroyer, I hope he made a good paycheck for that one. That was scarier than seeing Kahn going up to fight Canela.

Mikey Garcia to me has been one of the most under-rated boxers for years. He is so good with mastering the fundamentals.The fight will be really interesting for sure against Spence, this is very good for boxing.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Of course! lol

the biggest advantage mikey Garcia has is his brother Robert garcia...Robert is the best fight planner in the game right now, and to mikeys credit he sticks to the game plan ven if at 1st things aren't going so well--there are very few boxers who are capable of this-lomachenko being one that comes to mind, but loa's father is right up there with Robert Garcia...

now the fight I would really have liked to see was mickey vs loma...but after watching loma take a lot of clean hits in his last fight it would appear loma's best days are behind him--but who knows?

my money if betting would still be on spence...

Reactions: ax1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, again for the second time read closely. I clearly stated "But yea you're right both are good and Errol is heavier. If they were both equal in skill Spence wins but I think Garcia is superior to Spence."

Nowhere in that sentence did I say anything that resembled "because he beat Broner he will beat Spence Jr." that would've been a stupid argument to make sense we all know styles make fights style A may beat Style B but that doesnt mean Style A can beat style C even is Style B beat Style C.

If you're gonna reply make sure to read my post carefully I dont want to keep wasting my time.

Questions comments or concerns holla at ya boy
lol..don't take it personal, I like that you have passion for boxing!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the biggest advantage mikey Garcia has is his brother Robert garcia...Robert is the best fight planner in the game right now, and to mikeys credit he sticks to the game plan ven if at 1st things aren't going so well--there are very few boxers who are capable of this-lomachenko being one that comes to mind, but loa's father is right up there with Robert Garcia...

now the fight I would really have liked to see was mickey vs loma...but after watching loma take a lot of clean hits in his last fight it would appear loma's best days are behind him--but who knows?

my money if betting would still be on spence...
I wouldn’t come to conclusions after only his first comeback fight from surgery. I think he will bounce back 95% no problem, but if anything will risk his career it would be jumping up weight classes he doesn’t belong in.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t come to conclusions after only his first comeback fight from surgery. I think he will bounce back 95% no problem, but if anything will risk his career it would be jumping up weight classes he doesn’t belong in.
sorry, got to disagree. I think he should have taken more time to heal and prepare...I really didn't like how he looked in last fight

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you guys seen that Monster from Japan? Naoya Inoue
That kid is dangerous. Probably my favorite fighter to watch. I want to see how far he gets.

BTW thebigt no animosity here just stating and defending my opinions.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you guys seen that Monster from Japan? Naoya Inoue
That kid is dangerous. Probably my favorite fighter to watch. I want to see how far he gets.

BTW thebigt no animosity here just stating and defending my opinions.
Havent seen a live fight yet but I got my eyes on him. He has a fight in May. He's almost 26 so hopefully he can get to the top level competition sooner than later.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Havent seen a live fight yet but I got my eyes on him. He has a fight in May. He's almost 26 so hopefully he can get to the top level competition sooner than later.
Dang I didn't know he was 26. Dude looks like 19

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't impressed with Ortiz last night...looked his age. he looked really good in late loss to wilder, but I think age has caught up with him [40].

I think the same could be said about lara...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't impressed with Ortiz last night...looked his age. he looked really good in late loss to wilder, but I think age has caught up with him [40].

I think the same could be said about lara...
He looked ok in the 10th, looked in good shape. I expected him to knock out that bum but he did outbox him almost every round.

I think he is ok, I usually try to see a string of loses before giving up on a fighter. His fight with Wilder was so entertaining, although a rematch I think Wilder grew more from it than Ortiz did. Joshua would also crush ortiz. I would love to see Ortiz vs. Povetkin or Fury. Poventkin is fighting Usyk in May which I find interesting.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He looked ok in the 10th, looked in good shape. I expected him to knock out that bum but he did outbox him almost every round.

I think he is ok, I usually try to see a string of loses before giving up on a fighter. His fight with Wilder was so entertaining, although a rematch I think Wilder grew more from it than Ortiz did. Joshua would also crush ortiz. I would love to see Ortiz vs. Povetkin or Fury. Poventkin is fighting Usyk in May which I fight interesting.
Usyk is crazy good

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I think he is ok, I usually try to see a string of loses before giving up on a fighter. His fight with Wilder was so entertaining, although a rematch I think Wilder grew more from it than Ortiz did. Joshua would also crush ortiz. I would love to see Ortiz vs. Povetkin or Fury. Poventkin is fighting Usyk in May which I find interesting.
yeah, there are plenty of guys in the heavyweight division Ortiz could still outbox, but the power didn't seem to be there in last fight...without the fear of his power I think the top heavy's would handle Ortiz.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, there are plenty of guys in the heavyweight division Ortiz could still outbox, but the power didn't seem to be there in last fight...without the fear of his power I think the top heavy's would handle Ortiz.
He was a lot leaner, might be power zapped. He can get stronger again, if only he comes here and we can teach him how to lean bulk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He was a lot leaner, might be power zapped. He can get stronger again, if only he comes here and we can teach him how to lean bulk.
how old are you? at 40 probably going to be hard to be in boxing shape and still carry the weight...I might be wrong, but I think his best days are behind him...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
how old are you? at 40 probably going to be hard to be in boxing shape and still carry the weight...I might be wrong, but I think his best days are behind him...
I’m almost 42 so I don’t want to hear it!! Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m almost 42 so I don’t want to hear it!! Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
most guys lose a step at 35, but exceptional athletes who have trained hard and kept themselves in great shape can still excel till around 37...almost unheard of for a boxer to still be anywhere close to a contender at 40.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
most guys lose a step at 35, but exceptional athletes who have trained hard and kept themselves in great shape can still excel till around 37...almost unheard of for a boxer to still be anywhere close to a contender at 40.
Oh believe me, I am experiencing this first hand at 42. I have had to re-invent my entire way of training the past few years and Im currently on the back end of NASM Personal Training Certification specifically to prioritize my personal future and be in this in the long haul.

If you cant be what you used to be, be better at something else, be better be different.

Im gonna kick ass when I turn 80, I cant wait. Ok, I can wait, I can wait as long as possible, I take that back!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh believe me, I am experiencing this first hand at 42. I have had to re-invent my entire way of training the past few years and Im currently on the back end of NASM Personal Training Certification specifically to prioritize my personal future and be in this in the long haul.

If you cant be what you used to be, be better at something else, be better be different.

Im gonna kick ass when I turn 80, I cant wait. Ok, I can wait, I can wait as long as possible, I take that back!
hey man, i'm all for being the best you can be, no matter age!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey man, i'm all for being the best you can be, no matter age!!!
Oh crap, I just thought of something. We have known each other for 10 years now! Damn time flies....good old DA forums, if I got the name right lol.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh crap, I just thought of something. We have known each other for 10 years now! Damn time flies....good old DA forums, if I got the name right lol.
yup...and mike owned 1fast400...used to shop there before moving to nutraplanet and sam.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yup...even has that kostya tszyu hair thing going on....tszyu was one of my favorites years ago!!!
Mine too! LOL We really ARE old!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
[video=youtube;1u-QRIOEGd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-QRIOEGd8[/video]

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;1u-QRIOEGd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u-QRIOEGd8[/video]
almost as much fun as midget wrestling back in the 70's, lol....at least the card girl is hot!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i got a unexpected bonus this month....put $100 down on mikey Garcia...the odds are just to tempting. bet 100 to win 650

those are Tyson vs douglas kind of odds couldn't pass it up.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i got a unexpected bonus this month....put $100 down on mikey Garcia...the odds are just to tempting. bet 100 to win 650

those are Tyson vs douglas kind of odds couldn't pass it up.
Mikey is a good fighter.....I think Spence will pull this one off because as I said the natural weight factor advantage but Im rooting for Mikey, he is one of my favorite fighters in my top 10.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mikey is a good fighter.....I think Spence will pull this one off because as I said the natural weight factor advantage but Im rooting for Mikey, he is one of my favorite fighters in my top 10.
I've got more of a fan-connection to mikey….I recognize spence's ability but never connected with him the way I do other fighters.

my head still tells me that spence will win, but on the emotional level i'm all in for mikey, and now I have a financial investment in mikey.

be a nice night if mikey wins me that $650!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got more of a fan-connection to mikey….I recognize spence's ability but never connected with him the way I do other fighters.

my head still tells me that spence will win, but on the emotional level i'm all in for mikey, and now I have a financial investment in mikey.

be a nice night if mikey wins me that $650!!!
GGG signed a 6 fight deal with DAZN....looks like they will set up for Canelo III which doesnt excite me as much anymore.

These deals just suck, Tyson Fury just signed with ESPN and just because of that all the sudden the Wilder/Fury rematch instantly went down the drain. Thats just one of many potential lost matches in recent time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
GGG signed a 6 fight deal with DAZN....looks like they will set up for Canelo III which doesnt excite me as much anymore.

These deals just suck, Tyson Fury just signed with ESPN and just because of that all the sudden the Wilder/Fury rematch instantly went down the drain. Thats just one of many potential lost matches in recent time.
don't sweat it, you now as well as I do that boxing has it's ups and downs...we've had some good fights lately, they will come back again.

I guess Garcia vs spence is a bomb for ppv, I am truly surprised by this...many blame it on a weak undercard.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Boring fight....Mikey kinda left me disappointed there for effort, but easier said than done. Felt like he didnt want to take any risks the last couple of rounds were I feel like most fighters 20 years ago would have gone for the home run. He didnt belong there and its fair to let this one slide in my opinion.

Spence is one hell of a boxer.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Boring fight....Mikey kinda left me disappointed there for effort, but easier said than done. Felt like he didnt want to take any risks the last couple of rounds were I feel like most fighters 20 years ago would have gone for the home run. He didnt belong there and its fair to let this one slide in my opinion.

Spence is one hell of a boxer.
mikey needs some redemption after that fight

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He owes you money.
nah...it was a longshot, win some lose some.

leo santa cruz says he wants a fight with tank davis...oh yeah, lets do it!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nah...it was a longshot, win some lose some.

leo santa cruz says he wants a fight with tank davis...oh yeah, lets do it!!!
Last I remember Mayweather said Tank is fighting that 19 year old japanese mma kid that Mayweather knocked out a few months back in that embarrassing exhibition.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Last I remember Mayweather said Tank is fighting that 19 year old japanese mma kid that Mayweather knocked out a few months back in that embarrassing exhibition.
Mayweather is a turd...his management style is just like his fighting style...no risk

I know it won't happen, but would be a nice matchup...if santa cruz could last 6-7 rds I think tank would tank.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mayweather is a turd...his management style is just like his fighting style...no risk

I know it won't happen, but would be a nice matchup...if santa cruz could last 6-7 rds I think tank would tank.
Tank hasnt even fought anybody yet, just dont get excited about him in any way but I hope that changes.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tank hasnt even fought anybody yet, just dont get excited about him in any way but I hope that changes.
I agree...he has been around long enough. he needs to step up!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Id check out Oleksandr Gvozdyk tomorrow on ESPN. He doesnt appear to be fighting anyone of a threat, probably just making a paycheck this weekend. This is the guy that put out a old but still dangerous Stevenson (who is doing better by the way with recovery,) is undefeated and knocked out almost everybody.

I think a interesting match for him as a big stepping stone is itchy and scratchy Kovalev (ok, thats the best I can describe him as of late, lol.) After that he should be right at the top....um, he already is #1 ranked by The Ring....ROFL!!!! Just doest feel like he is and doesnt seem like there is anything else at light heavyweight. There is Bivol but he has been a bore imo. Bodou Jack is trash. Ward, come back!!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Id check out Oleksandr Gvozdyk tomorrow on ESPN. He doesnt appear to be fighting anyone of a threat, probably just making a paycheck this weekend. This is the guy that put out a old but still dangerous Stevenson (who is doing better by the way with recovery,) is undefeated and knocked out almost everybody.

I think a interesting match for him as a big stepping stone is itchy and scratchy Kovalev (ok, thats the best I can describe him as of late, lol.) After that he should be right at the top....um, he already is #1 ranked by The Ring....ROFL!!!! Just doest feel like he is and doesnt seem like there is anything else at light heavyweight. There is Bivol but he has been a bore imo. Bodou Jack is trash. Ward, come back!!!!!
give ward a 3 month training camp and I would take him over anyone out there. you are right, bivol has been a disappointment and kovalev has seen better days. I never was that impressed by badou jack, I think I picked Stevenson to beat him even though he was old.

going to check out gvozdyk.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know Lomo fought a nuttinburger but damn he looked backed to his old self again. Looks fully recovered.

Will have a cast on his hand though for 3 weeks, he dislocated his knuckle last night, probably on a punch that could have knocked Holyfield out.