BOXING

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
linares versus lomachenko this weekend!!!

should be entertaining...I don't see linares quiting on the stool!!!

lomo wins on points unanimous decision.
What a fight! As my concerns slowly coming along, going up in weight fast is scaring me with lomo...Im sure he is aware of that as much or slightly more than I am, he is a little guy. I cant wait to see whats next in the books, Lomo is the best thing in boxing imo, the talent is through the roof.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adonis Stevenson (No. 2) vs. Badou Jack (No. 8)

This Saturday....Im really looking forward to this one, this is to be a nice matchup. I always wanted to see Adonis step up and face that genius Ward for unification match, but I think he knew that would have hit his future paychecks, lol. Badou Jack is a great opponent.

My pick is for Jack by points, but thats only if he avoids that 1 knockout shot Adonis is capable of.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What a fight! As my concerns slowly coming along, going up in weight fast is scaring me with lomo...Im sure he is aware of that as much or slightly more than I am, he is a little guy. I cant wait to see whats next in the books, Lomo is the best thing in boxing imo, the talent is through the roof.
there was a 15 pound difference in weight...linares looked like a giant next to loma...but loma played the role of giant killer with the stoppage in the 10th!!!

linares was no bum, he fully expected to win...it will be hard for detractors to find reasons for doubting loma now, imo....but I am sure there are those who will!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Adonis Stevenson (No. 2) vs. Badou Jack (No. 8)

This Saturday....Im really looking forward to this one, this is to be a nice matchup. I always wanted to see Adonis step up and face that genius Ward for unification match, but I think he knew that would have hit his future paychecks, lol. Badou Jack is a great opponent.

My pick is for Jack by points, but thats only if he avoids that 1 knockout shot Adonis is capable of.
going to disagree with you on this one, I've never been impressed by jack...I think fonfara is better than jack, and even though he gave Stevenson all he wanted Stevenson still pulled it out...I've got Stevenson by ko in the 8th!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
going to disagree with you on this one, I've never been impressed by jack...I think fonfara is better than jack, and even though he gave Stevenson all he wanted Stevenson still pulled it out...I've got Stevenson by ko in the 8th!!!
I hope so, Jack makes me sleepy. I always liked Adonis's personality in the ring, plus he is remnants of Kronk Gym when Steward ran the joint.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hope so, Jack makes me sleepy. I always liked Adonis's personality in the ring, plus he is remnants of Kronk Gym when Steward ran the joint.
this is a huge opportunity for jack, I'm sure he will train hard and come up with a strategy that will keep him in it for around 8 rounds, Stevenson started slow in his last few fights and will probably have some ring rust since he only fights around once a year.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is a huge opportunity for jack, I'm sure he will train hard and come up with a strategy that will keep him in it for around 8 rounds, Stevenson started slow in his last few fights and will probably have some ring rust since he only fights around once a year.
Plus...I hate to say it but Adonis is 40 now.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Plus...I hate to say it but Adonis is 40 now.
yup...I can't think of many 'wars' he has been in and he fights no more than necessary to keep the title---he is well preserved, lol....

if he were younger and fighting more often I wouldn't give jack 8 rounds, but since he isn't younger and doesn't fight often jack will probably hang for 8, imo.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After Saturday it looks like one of the worst stretches in recent memory.....just about nothing when it comes to big fights. Some big names, but they arent fighting each other.

The most interesting thing on the schedule is the return of Tyson Fury, he has a set date and place but he doesnt even have an opponent yet!!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After Saturday it looks like one of the worst stretches in recent memory.....just about nothing when it comes to big fights. Some big names, but they arent fighting each other.

The most interesting thing on the schedule is the return of Tyson Fury, he has a set date and place but he doesnt even have an opponent yet!!!!
you never know....out of the blue might come some good bouts that are in the works!!!!

if there is money to be made they will find a way!!!

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So what about munguia? Guy was looking beastly against ali. Just kind of came out of the woodwork and only 21 years old.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
A little late, just found this. But my boy lomanchanko is a beast. I expected nothing less of him

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what about munguia? Guy was looking beastly against ali. Just kind of came out of the woodwork and only 21 years old.
I actually missed that fight but heard about it...I have my eyes on him now.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually missed that fight but heard about it...I have my eyes on him now.
He's a young kid, hits hard. And has good skills. 29-0 25 ko record. Ali was his first somebody but made short work of him. They stopped it in the 4th. He knocked him down 4 or 5 times. He now has a belt and is a world champ. Definitely keep an eye on this kid.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ali was the perfect opponent for him, he didn't have any power to hurt the kid and the kid was able to take chances....not completely sold on him yet, but he did look good at least on offense even though he needs to tighten up defense when he goes against upper echelon fighters with power.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
guess who i'm picking....lol!!!
I hope this fight follows through, just seems right. He stepped up 2 classed already and this is his second at this weight. Beltran is solid and bigger, yet doesnt throw Lomo against an elite that fast. Well, who else is in the division? Maybe only 1 guy right now and that is Mikey Garcia which you know Im a big fan of. Beltran then Garcia, just sounds perfect. Just enough danger for Lomo to have me on the edge of my seat round 1. Hopefully a Garcia fight would be in December rather than dragging this out until next early spring. Garcia fights Robert Easter in July so all the timing seems just about right for it to happen.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hope this fight follows through, just seems right. He stepped up 2 classed already and this is his second at this weight. Beltran is solid and bigger, yet doesnt throw Lomo against an elite that fast. Well, who else is in the division? Maybe only 1 guy right now and that is Mikey Garcia which you know Im a big fan of. Beltran then Garcia, just sounds perfect. Just enough danger for Lomo to have me on the edge of my seat round 1. Hopefully a Garcia fight would be in December rather than dragging this out until next early spring. Garcia fights Robert Easter in July so all the timing seems just about right for it to happen.
beltran doesn't present nearly the challenge that linares did, imo....Garcia/loma would be advantage Garcia, imo.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
beltran doesn't present nearly the challenge that linares did, imo....Garcia/loma would be advantage Garcia, imo.
Garcia just needs the night of his life, if he is having one of those off days Lomo is the worst possible fighter to have that with. Garcia will have walked into a living nightmare and quit on the stool, lol.

Arum said Lomo may be tried out for PPV. Possibly no more free Lomo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Garcia just needs the night of his life, if he is having one of those off days Lomo is the worst possible fighter to have that with. Garcia will have walked into a living nightmare and quit on the stool, lol.

Arum said Lomo may be tried out for PPV. Possibly no more free Lomo.
Garcia has a secret weapon-his brother Robert, that guy is the best fight planner in the business as far as I'm concerned. I don't think mikey would be nearly as successful without Robert.....

I can't believe arum hasn't moved loma to PPV already...I bet espn scored big with loma/linares!!!

Reactions: ax1
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ali was the perfect opponent for him, he didn't have any power to hurt the kid and the kid was able to take chances....not completely sold on him yet, but he did look good at least on offense even though he needs to tighten up defense when he goes against upper echelon fighters with power.
Well Munguia was clearly the bigger guy so Ali coming from a lower weight up to where he is now is about topped out. And munguia is 21 so he's only going to get bigger and mature physically as well as technically. But I agree perfect opponent. Ali was favored by the odd makers by a good bit, but the fight wasn't even close. One sided, he earned my respect as Ali was no slouch and has huge heart as shown in his title bout w Cotto.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well Munguia was clearly the bigger guy so Ali coming from a lower weight up to where he is now is about topped out. And munguia is 21 so he's only going to get bigger and mature physically as well as technically. But I agree perfect opponent. Ali was favored by the odd makers by a good bit, but the fight wasn't even close. One sided, he earned my respect as Ali was no slouch and has huge heart as shown in his title bout w Cotto.
too bad ali couldn't get munguia's respect. if ali would have been able to hurt him it would have been a different fight, imo.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your fighting the champ you know whats up. You want the title? Then beat him 7-5. 6-6 wont do it. Bunch of whining claiming the rounds won Jack, he beat up on Adonis really bad but the ones Adonis won over Jack were really close. Guess what, thats not how it works. You want the title you gotta take it from him and win 7-5 on at least 2 cards, everybody knows that. Having a bloody face doesnt mean you beat him 7-5 either.

Nice job on Adonis for getting the job done and doing what it took to take the title back home. Going 12 at 40 years old was incredible. I thought Adonis's only chance was really for that knockout blow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If your fighting the champ you know whats up. You want the title? Then beat him 7-5. 6-6 wont do it. Bunch of whining claiming the rounds won Jack, he beat up on Adonis really bad but the ones Adonis won over Jack were really close. Guess what, thats not how it works. You want the title you gotta take it from him and win 7-5 on at least 2 cards, everybody knows that. Having a bloody face doesnt mean you beat him 7-5 either.

Nice job on Adonis for getting the job done and doing what it took to take the title home. Going 12 at 40 years old was incredible. I thought Adonis's only chance was really for that knockout blow.
nice summary!!!

i'm still not impressed by jack, I think it was more Stevenson showing his age than it was jack!!!

correct--12 rounds at 40 is some tough stuff!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice summary!!!

i'm still not impressed by jack, I think it was more Stevenson showing his age than it was jack!!!

correct--12 rounds at 40 is some tough stuff!!!
I heard in a post fight interview that Adonis caught a cold. Dunno how severe it was but that can certainly screw you up when you have to preform on top. Im sure being 40 doesnt help, but Id say last night the cold was a bigger factor imo which 40+cold+12 rounds=ultra impressive. Being that he kept his title I dont think he is making up excuses, lol.

Jack is down on my ranks after last night, thats for sure.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I heard in a post fight interview that Adonis caught a cold. Dunno how severe it was but that can certainly screw you up when you have to preform on top. Im sure being 40 doesnt help, but Id say last night the cold was a bigger factor imo which 40+cold+12 rounds=ultra impressive. Being that he kept his title I dont think he is making up excuses, lol.

Jack is down on my ranks after last night, thats for sure.
well said!!!

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tyson Fury fight will be aired on Showtime 4:30. They named his opponent about 2 weeks ago, that was quick.

Anyways, this is a good fight for him, he just needs a comeback match show he hasnt lost it and he is in the mix with the other top heavyweights. Wouldnt mind him fighting Joshua or Wilder if they dont face eachother. Keep in mind in case some of you forgot Fury beat Klitchsco.

http://fighthype.com/news/article33723.html

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On another note, I expect Crawford to absolutely destroy Horn.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
On another note, I expect Crawford to absolutely destroy Horn.
I agree....Crawford in 6 or less.

santa cruz vs mares this weekend....if I were betting I would put my money on santa cruz, but personally I don't like him--will be pulling for mares and the upset....should be competitive!!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree....Crawford in 6 or less.

santa cruz vs mares this weekend....if I were betting I would put my money on santa cruz, but personally I don't like him--will be pulling for mares and the upset....should be competitive!!!!
Damn how did I overlook that? lol

I see another really nice fight Jermell Charlo (No. 2) vs. Austin Trout (No. 7) on the same card.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn how did I overlook that? lol

I see another really nice fight Jermell Charlo (No. 2) vs. Austin Trout (No. 7) on the same card.
I don't see trout beating charlo, but trout always put up a good fight.....really hoping abner mares pulls it out, for some reason I've never liked santa cruz-even though he has plenty of talent, something about him I just don't like.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
spence jr is fighting this weekend....I don't see Ocampo making it very deep...apparently no one else with a title is wanting to take on spence, I think spence is the real deal but until another high profile fighter is willing to take him on he remains untested for the most part...but I don't fault spence for this!!!

the spence fight I am waiting for is SPENCE VS CRAWFORD....now that will be a good one!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
spence jr is fighting this weekend....I don't see Ocampo making it very deep...apparently no one else with a title is wanting to take on spence, I think spence is the real deal but until another high profile fighter is willing to take him on he remains untested for the most part...but I don't fault spence for this!!!

the spence fight I am waiting for is SPENCE VS CRAWFORD....now that will be a good one!!!
He beat Kell Brook which to me was an impressive accomplishment, not that he was officially "high profile" but I think Brook is very underrated. Lamont Peterson was a very solid vet to who Spence took out.

Spence vs. Crawford is one of the best possible match-ups we can see outside of Joshua and Wilder. Id rather see that than GGG and Gaynelo.

Too bad Keith Thurman's body and career went to shyts this past 1+ year right in the beginning of his prime. I hope he gets his body together.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
He beat Kell Brook which to me was an impressive accomplishment, not that he was officially "high profile" but I think Brook is very underrated. Lamont Peterson was a very solid vet to who Spence took out.

Spence vs. Crawford is one of the best possible match-ups we can see outside of Joshua and Wilder. Id rather see that than GGG and Gaynelo.

Too bad Keith Thurman's body and career went to shyts this past 1+ year right in the beginning of his prime. I hope he gets his body together.
brook never really tested him, neither did Peterson....I think I would probably pick spence over Crawford--it would be one of the best fights of the year, I see it happening hopefully this year!!! they need to fight each other, no one else wants to fight either of them, imo...

I see that wilder accepted Joshua's terms and contract is being signed-it's on baby!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
brook never really tested him, neither did Peterson....I think I would probably pick spence over Crawford--it would be one of the best fights of the year, I see it happening hopefully this year!!! they need to fight each other, no one else wants to fight either of them, imo...

I see that wilder accepted Joshua's terms and contract is being signed-it's on baby!!!
Spence vs Crawford is a tough call. As of now I have no idea, lol.

Wilder vs. Joshua is a 2 fight deal, UK then USA. I hope it works out, boxing needs it. They need to promote the krap out of this fight.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dunno why, but I just dont feel excited about this anymore. I hope I do in a few months.

News
Finally: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin agree to long-awaited rematch on Sept. 15
https://www.ringtv.com/537659-finally-canelo-alvarez-gennady-golovkin-agree-to-long-awaited-rematch-on-sept-15/
the only thing that would excite me about this fight is if ggg beats the crap out of cinnamon, but I really don't see that happening....I wouldn't be surprised if golden boy offered a ton of cash to ggg to take a dive, I could see that happening---we will see!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the only thing that would excite me about this fight is if ggg beats the crap out of cinnamon, but I really don't see that happening....I wouldn't be surprised if golden boy offered a ton of cash to ggg to take a dive, I could see that happening---we will see!!!
GGG will make over 20 million I believe or more since he is getting a raise. Being that he is already rich from the 1st fight and has a lot of pride for his country I don’t believe GGG has a price to do that imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
GGG will make over 20 million I believe or more since he is getting a raise. Being that he is already rich from the 1st fight and has a lot of pride for his country I don’t believe GGG has a price to do that imo.
I hope you are right.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I just re-watched spence vs kell brook last night, I was wrong, kell was holding his own better than I originally thought....hindsight, lol!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just re-watched spence vs kell brook last night, I was wrong, kell was holding his own better than I originally thought....hindsight, lol!!!
My respect went up to another level for him when he took the career risk of fighting ggg up a couple of weight classes from welter to middleweight. He is really talented, however unproven on the superstar level but a very, very interesting opponent potentially different people such as Thurman, Crawford, Garcia and a few others.

What sucks is Book's next match is another piece of garbage in July.

Spence is turning out to be something special.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My respect went up to another level for him when he took the career risk of fighting ggg up a couple of weight classes from welter to middleweight. He is really talented, however unproven on the superstar level but a very, very interesting opponent potentially different people such as Thurman, Crawford, Garcia and a few others.

What sucks is Book's next match is another piece of garbage in July.

Spence is turning out to be something special.
I think brook's taking on ggg and spence so close together really shortened his career-he took a beating in both....

they [the pundits] have been labeling spence as special almost from the start....good to see he is living up to it!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
recorded shobox next generation last night...was just watching it, that Armenian dude got robbed!!!

mikey Garcia has a fight next Saturday against Robert easter, gotta go with mikey but should be entertaining!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
recorded shobox next generation last night...was just watching it, that Armenian dude got robbed!!!

mikey Garcia has a fight next Saturday against Robert easter, gotta go with mikey but should be entertaining!!!
Mikey all the way!

PAC-man is champ again...no chance against top level young fighters but I know they all want his belt and the paycheck they would get.