Both shoulders are SHOT (Labrum Tear??). Possible SARM to aid recovery

Maj

Maj

Awards
Hey guys, I'm 5'9 185lbs (10-11% body fat). I'm 16 years old, going onto be 17.

I've made some training mistakes, and suffered some sport injuries (football)

In November, 2014, I feel like I tore my labrum (coming from the symptoms I have and the research I've went into). Recently, my other shoulder started to go out. I'm going to blame my improper warm ups, and maybe my workload.

I feel as if I'm injury prone (April 2014) I suffered from a Quadtricep tear and hip flexor strain. This kept me out for 7 months almost, due to re injury.

Both shoulders catch, and pop. I know I'm going to need surgery, I've tried taking 7 weeks off and coming back to rehab them, and little pain subsided and the catching and clicking is still there.

Due to my healthcare issues, I've been going all out on training now.

Now, the question is, what can HELP me get back into training and everything faster? I'm looking at a 3-4 month recovery, but I need to cut it down as much as possible and be 100%.

I've did around 7 months of research on certain vitamins, oils, all that to help boost my recovery, although I've already tried these on my quadriceps injury and it did very little.

In that time, I also researched AAS, Sarms, ect. From what I know, it can get me back into everything faster. Although, at my age, it can do more harm to me than somebody taking them in the same situation as me at 26. y/o.

My question is, could I LIGHTLY touch a SARM during recovery to help everything heal up. During the time, I'll only be training legs. I know I am still risking pretty bad sides at this age even.

The reason I don't want to be out 4 months is because with my strict diet, hard training the past 3 years, It'll all go down the drain. I went from 130 lbs to 185 lbs staying lean.

Verdict : Could a SARM help aid my recovery after surgery, and as I'm willing to take the risk, could this benefit me or do more harm? If I were going to run anything for recovery, I was going to do 10-20mg of Ostarine for 8-10 weeks. (Right after surgery, and that would run 3-4 weeks into rehabilitation). Reasons picking ostarine? The research showing it's basically not a "band aid" for joint and ligament problems, as it has properties to actually heal these problems quickly.

Remember, I'm nearing to be 17 years old, and I feel as if I'm far through puberty, near done because 1. Acne spike was 3 years ago, almost no breaks now. 2. Same height for about 3 years, and family wise, I don't see growing taller. 3. Full beard "looks 24" compliments. But I do also understand that I COULD not be fully done growing, or I could be.

If this is in the wrong section, sorry. Just looking to finalize some things!! Thanks!

Big_sxc

Awards
Just don't use androgebs. Use tb500 and other peptides. Rehab itself really hard. U will be a OK. Pros go to rehab and have surgery. Look at Anderson Silva ffs. Go hard bro ur gonna do great. Maybe even speak to a sports scientist. And do some research on peptides

Maj

Maj

Awards
I'm going to be completely honest, I do think I'm going to need surgery on my left shoulder. You can hear the snatching\clicking from about a foot away. My right one could get fixed with rehab, although, my left won't. That's coming out of the docs mouth too. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Any other input?

Big_sxc

Awards
My chest bone is shot. It sounds like a shotgun. I can click it out ever 2 minutes. Docs rekn imnfine haha. But shoulders are big bruz. Get it fixed if doc says surgery. And pls maybe see 2 doctors because there are other surgeries and methods and better physicians. I oesrnt the hard way

Maj

Maj

Awards
Going to see another sports doc for a final decision soon. So using a SARM like Ostarine wouldn't help if ran at about 10-20mg for 8-10 weeks coming out? I'll peek into some peptides, although, my injury is the Labrum, could it help that? I'd give up a lot to train pain free again.

Thanks again!!!

Big_sxc

Awards
Ostarine at 5mg or less will leave u pain free. This is what in use in pct. I tend to find lgd is very good for pain as well but its a bulker compound IMO and does **** all for keeping lean. So dont use that out of surgery. Tb500 can re attach tendons bro.it is injectable but that is what you need. If I we're you in wouldn't give a **** about my age I'd jump on 20 weeks of test and DECA after surgery with a mix of peptides like tb500 and bpc

Maj

Maj

Awards
I'm not looking for something to bring down the pain, I'm looking for something that could literally heal the problem. I kind of want to try a last resort before surgery, so maybe I'll look into Tb500?

Big_sxc

Awards
Yes look into tb500 lgd also grows skeletal mass but will shut u down. Sorry man I think DECA rehab is in the books for you one day in the future.

Maj

Maj

Awards
Anything I could try to minimize the shutdown? I heard Deca is just a "band aid" for such. I never wanted to touch any of this until I was about 22, although, looks like I may have to start early.

If I use this to recover will I experience any muscular loss from the shutdown? Even if I made no gains?

Big_sxc

Awards
No. DECA will grow ur muscle it is an angrogen and progesterone agonist. U will need either masteron or test with DECA unless u want peanuts AND limp dick. DECA has fixed some of my tendon issues before. And when I say do a rehab course that doesn't mean do 8 weeks it means do half a year this rehab or yours will be more of a commitment then you might be realizing. Its lixky you are young. See another doctor. Get xrayed or ultrasound if it is cartlidge. Tell him ur gonna do drugs to recover. See what he says.

Tb500 bruz is ur best bet. It will even make u bigger and stronger. Hold ur bones tighter lmao. But DECA will grow cwrtlidge and increase the strength of joints along with surrounding muscle tissue and makenur bones more dense. Osta IMO repairs muscle tears faster than anything I've used (xcept for tren) and don't be afraid to jump on at your age. Ppl slander idiot teenagers who have a free test reading of 1100 who want to jump on. In ur case ur broken and this will help you. The incidence of a possible androgen pause in the future is always likely. But even those who do not use AAS. If u pct. Look after urself. And don't blow ur doeses outnof the water buddy u will be fine. And better yet if u get some hcg I doubt there is gonna be any complications with your recovery. See this doctor and then pm me pls with his response. In wanna help you with this. Peace kid

Maj

Maj

Awards
Thanks for the amazing advice man. I'll let you know, and the only problem with drug use was I always wanted to compete in College football. But looks like that won't happen now, so I'll finish off my last year of high school ball and continue on with life and building a classic, golden era physique. You've been a great help, thanks man.

Big_sxc

Awards
Meh. U can still compete. No one in the sports industry is 100% natty. Everyone's on something off season

Maj

Maj

Awards
Well, that's what I thought. Some athletes had the same problem as me and came back in 4-5 weeks... A little suspicious. Although, I love football, but I've been wanting to step on stage sometime with either physique or bodybuilding. Can't do both though!

Big_sxc

Awards
I wanted to be a chemical engineer in school. I'm now a franchisee in training with a large franchise in Australia. I found a wicked missus and tbh I don't think I'd turn back. As long as ur happy.

Yeah ur right man. Who comes back 5 weeks after surgery. The rehab doctors they would have hired would have been crook as ****. Almost all of the ufc fighters train in Thailand. Testosterone is OTC in Thailand bro.. Get my drift here. Plus they have peptide walk in clinics in Thailand as well. Live there for 2 months and do an 4 week igf course with ur walk in clinic haha.

Also please if you can pay thru the ass for ur surgery or find a surgeon that does sports surgery. There is a difference is surgery quality man. And this could also make the difference of recovery time. I know a lot of ppl that get private surgery done in bangkok hospital. Tits. Knees. U name it. It will probably be half the cost as well. Find the best surgeon there is champ. Maybe even contact sporting teams butnindoubt they will. Help you as there are anabolic secrets within the clinic walls haha

Maj

Maj

Awards
Yes, I have a sports doc\surgeon that I've heard nice things about. Doubt he'll reveal anabolic secrets, although I know he does quality work. I'm hoping, with the slightest chance, my problems can be relieved with some chemicals and rehab. I train with a few buds (19 and 20) and they've been on PH'S and their starting AAS next week. They're heavier than me, on some gear, yet I still push the same workload as them. Maybe I have the genetics to do what I'm happy with?

I've heard in Thailand the training they make the kids go through is brutal for martial arts. Apparently, the child abuse laws aren't so strict, so I guess that tells the story! Lol

Big_sxc

Awards
Yeah in went there and saw it first hand. Its not what you think. They respect the kids. They teach the kids how to be the best. How to grow as fighters and have respect for what they do. They bow and pray and dance before a fight. That doesn't seem like a kid who has been beaten senseless to me. My mate enrolled himself into thaiger moithai and i went down to see what its all about. U get slapped with a stick if u slouch or **** up. Its all respect. Not abuse. I got beat like **** as a kid growing up lol. I'm aight.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Your fcking 16, put the sarms out of your mind young man. If there is damage that needs to be surgically repaired., sarms aren't going to do a damn thing. Your waaaay to young to be even thinking about taking anything, including sarms.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Ostarine at 5mg or less will leave u pain free. This is what in use in pct. I tend to find lgd is very good for pain as well but its a bulker compound IMO and does **** all for keeping lean. So dont use that out of surgery. Tb500 can re attach tendons bro.it is injectable but that is what you need. If I we're you in wouldn't give a **** about my age I'd jump on 20 weeks of test and DECA after surgery with a mix of peptides like tb500 and bpc
Worst post ever. Stop giving advice immediately...

Maj

Maj

Awards
I was saying to take something to enhance the recovery time after surgery. 4 !months watching nyour hard work going down the drain is going going to suck... I'd rather boost it to 2-3 months if I could

But thanks. I know I'm young, I know the risks.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I was saying to take something to enhance the recovery time after surgery. 4 !months watching nyour hard work going down the drain is going going to suck... I'd rather boost it to 2-3 months if I could

But thanks. I know I'm young, I know the risks.
Osta is suppressive even at 3 mg. at 16, you just have to be patient. You got your whole life to make gains. Don't fck yourself up for life by doing something stupid.

Maj

Maj

Awards
I know, just the psychological downturn of all the time I put into will hit me harder than a shutdown. Atleast I'll have un proportion legs. Any natural ways to aid recovery then?

Big_sxc

Awards
Your not tellin the kid to inject meth. And hebwamts to be an athlete I don't understand some of you

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Like some said you're 16, let your body heal. I've used sarms and have torn both labrums, didn't do jack for joint pain. Only rehab and strengthening imbalances helped out shoulder problems for me

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
Yes, two surgeries on left shoulder (both in college) recovery was quick because I put my work into rehab, right shoulder was longer ( 6 months) in high school, have a 6-7 inch scare in my shoulder going into my armpit , now that I'm done with college football my shoulders feel great and I am stronger than ever

YouBet33

YouBet33

Awards
I believe I made the mistake of always training chest/push and never made the effort properly train my back/rear/pull so my shoulders had an imbalance, really been hittin back hard and rear delts heard, seems to help

Maj

Maj

Awards
I believe I have a nice balance, although I never isolated rear delts, when I did about 2 months later is when this problem came about. Maybe poor warmups caused it also, and didn't give my body enough time to recover because I had a leg injury and trained upper body like crazy, 2-3x a week on all body parts at the time (my bb coach had me doing this) I blew up from 170-180 on no time, strength through the roof, but now I know I probably didn't recover well.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I didn't read any of the comments but you need to see an orthodoc ASAP.. If you do have a labral tear..you're most likely going to need surgical repair and the rehab is 8-12 weeks post surgery..good luck..

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SARMS and steroids will not help recover from a tear at all. Peptides might. You're far too young to be considering steroids, especially for this.

Surgery and rehab will help you recover. TB500 / BPC-157 are your best bet for healing peptides.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
Been down this road, truth is nothing is gonna make it better. Your 17, get it done while your young.

Maj

Maj

Awards
I'm generally just looking to get back into my schedule quicker, during recovery. I really don't want to be out for a while, and don't want to lose all of my progress. Thanks for the reply man

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
i use to worry about that but look at it this way. If you keep taking time off due to an injured shoulder or if you take time off for surgery ultimately your taking time off and not making progress. Only difference is that with surgery your taking time off for better results, with time off alone all your doing is letting the injury subside then re-injuring it again forcing you to take even more time.

Maj

Maj

Awards
I haven't been taking time off alone. I'm just worried about losing all my progress during the recovery of the surgery. My progress has been going amazing in the past year

BornFighter

Awards
Hey man, I just wanted to let you know what you're in for if you go the surgery route. I just had surgery 5 weeks ago for a SLAP tear that happened from a discoloration, I've had many dislocations but this one did me in. As far as trying to rush PT and get done in 3 months, get that out of your head right now! No joke, you will be disappointed because it wont happen and if it does you'll be back in surgery in a year because you didnt heal properly. This is a pretty serious injury and one that unfortunately takes a lot of time to recover from because the shoulder is such a mobile joint, and ligaments are a lot weaker than say a tendon so you have to be careful you dont rip out the sutures through the ligaments. So you wont be able to lift pretty much anything, they gave a 2lb weight restriction for the first month of PT. They got me in PT 1 week after surgery and gave me limited range movements to work with, 90 degrees forward, 90 to the side, and 45 degrees outward rotation. It took me 2 weeks to get to the two 90 degree movements and I still havent gotten the 45 degrees outward rotation back yet and my therapist said thats a movement you either get back or you dont. Same thing with behind the back, not everyone gets back that movement. Its a risky surgery in terms of a full recovery but a needed one if you plan to keep your shoulder. If not you'll end up with a full shoulder replacement in your 30's which is even worse and you'd be lucky to recover 75% of you movement back after that. Take it slow and dont rush anything and in 4-5 months hit the GYM, its easier to get back in shape than it is to go through the surgery all over again because you were stubborn. Good luck, and get ready for some pain! ;) P.S. Yes its a very painful surgery, but at least you get some good drugs. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the surgery or recovery!

EDIT: Also to mention I've been hitting my diet even harder since surgery so I dont get fat or lose too much muscle, 5 weeks out of surgery and I havent lost or gained a pound.

infinitepower

infinitepower

Awards
Dude at 17 dont worry about it, trust me. Youll bounce back so fast. Word of advice. If you get surgery and are out for so long, focus on legs. Work them out every other day you have the best wheels in town. Cross education, workout the side that isnt injured. There have been studies on how this preserves muscle on the affected side. Read, read, and read some more. Become knowledgable on your time off about proper diet, training, supplementation. At your age I knew none of that. If I had, id be a complete monster by now. Think about it.

Maj

Maj

Awards
I train legs crazy as is, but I'll probably bumpnit to 3-4 times a week when I'm out

Maj

Maj

Awards
So you're saying the gains basically came back quickly? Not going to be taking any pain killers, I don't need any of that.

So 4 months would be safe then? If I come back to training, am I able to come back to my high volume stuff or should I slowly progress like how u basically did in the beginning?

My left one is torn completely, although my right one i s getting there, do you think rehab will bring it to 100% or what?

BornFighter

Awards
So you're saying the gains basically came back quickly? Not going to be taking any pain killers, I don't need any of that.

So 4 months would be safe then? If I come back to training, am I able to come back to my high volume stuff or should I slowly progress like how u basically did in the beginning?

My left one is torn completely, although my right one i s getting there, do you think rehab will bring it to 100% or what?
Not gains as in size but gains as in range of motion came back relatively quickly. SOME ranges not all, like I said external rotation and behind the back are going to be a bitch and you may or may not get those movements back or back 100%. You will be taking the pain killers believe me. Ive had a total of 5 surgeries now on varies parts of my body and so far this has been the most painful and the hardest to recover from. Now 6 weeks P/O and they just released me to full range of motion movements, you'll do that for another month and a half before they release you to strengthening. Then its a month of BASIC strengthening and another month before you'd be able to actually lift again. You'd be looking at closer to 5 months and you "could" do high volume, but high volume would be like 3 sets of military presses with a 10lb dumbbell and you'll be sore as ****. I'm doing basic movements right now and I'm sore as hell from doing a military press with absolutely no weight, 30 reps 5 sets. You're young so you'll have a better chance of getting full range of motion back but theres no definite answer, everyone recovers differently. The only movements you might not get back 100% are external rotation and behind the back.

Maj

Maj

Awards
How quickly will my body adapt back to my style of training? I train most body parts from 18-28 sets per session, to near failure with an ideal of 10-15 reps

BornFighter

Awards
How quickly will my body adapt back to my style of training? I train most body parts from 18-28 sets per session, to near failure with an ideal of 10-15 reps
Honestly, probably about a year before you're completely back to normal.

AllaboutGains

AllaboutGains

Awards
When I was 17 I was a junior and blew out both my labrums early in the football season and I played all the way thru the state game with them. I had to give up wrestling to have the surgeries done. Thankfully for me I had an amazing surgeon. I didn't use any anabolics or anything to get thru the season or help with the recovery and I was back playing ball again the next season. Then the next year I blew out my ACL and just played without an ACL all year. Yes it hurt like you wouldn't believe both years. My shoulders dislocated every time I hit someone before the surgeries and I just put em back and went to the huddle, and I gapped my knee almost every game my last year, even completely dislocating it in the last game. It destroyed my college ball chances and that crushed me. But with good surgery and intense rehab you can heal without SARMs or anything, but that is a choice you have to make yourself. You have to want to rehab it and you have to actually do it. I have most of my range of motion back, and even tho the shoulders still pop, they don't hurt constantly. If I overload them or something I definitely feel it but I feel as tho I made a pretty good recovery. My right labrum was just about completely gone, whereas my left was just ripped off in the back. So my right one pops more but I also have a shot a/c joint on the right shoulder that makes noise too so its hard to pinpoint the source.

And as far as not taking the pain killers get that out of your head, I tried taking the minimum dose of them too and when my nerve block wore off it was like a pain train hit me. Just take them.

So think long and hard before doing something that your body isn't ready for hormonally. Im sure you can find horror stories about uninformed people taking things and not knowing how they can shut you down and all the other side effects that accompany them. Don't just look at the benefits of things, you have to see the possible negatives too.

Best of luck rehabbing man.

BornFighter

Awards
And as far as not taking the pain killers get that out of your head, I tried taking the minimum dose of them too and when my nerve block wore off it was like a pain train hit me. Just take them.
Forgot to mention that, if they offer you the nerve block TAKE IT! No joke I couldn't imagine the pain the first day without it. Mine wore off about 20 hours after surgery and was in intense pain. I was weary of taking the nerve block after they went over all the complications of it but I'm damn glad I took it now.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strong bump but I agree. Four anchors here and so so happy I got the nerve block. Definitely don't try to play catch up with pain meds, stay in front of it

Stabsy

Stabsy

Awards
Another vote here for the block.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was given the nerve block for my SLAP repair. 100% necessary IMO. I trashed my oxycodone after a few days though and used other, more natural means of pain control (MJ).

Maj

Maj

Awards
I see. I've talked to a few people with similar tears, as they're a tad older, they said they used Growth Hormone for a faster and complete recovery. Any thoughts?

As for painkillers, I may have to see what I can do. Not a fan of oxy, I don't want that **** in my body.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see. I've talked to a few people with similar tears, as they're a tad older, they said they used Growth Hormone for a faster and complete recovery. Any thoughts?

As for painkillers, I may have to see what I can do. Not a fan of oxy, I don't want that **** in my body.
HGH isn't bad but something like TB-500 will help more with the immediate healing.

I don't blame you about the Oxy. Nature's green trees were enough for me for the 3-5 days post op. You won't want to be working or doing much in that time.

AllaboutGains

AllaboutGains

Awards

For me the massive amounts of tylenol they put in the oxy that does the most damage. I absolutely hate the tylenol and thankfully my Drs. gave me the stuff without it. Try to get the plain oxy without the tylenol if you are really concerned about your liver. I think its a lot easier on your body that way. And do not take any NSAIDs or other anti inflammatories while you are on that stuff either. With my last surgery I had a new surgeon who gave me oxy with tylenol and then ketorlac for inflammation and that **** literally started shutting down my liver. Dumped the ketorlac and the tylenol, and I was better a couple days later.